Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 17:08 - Mar 13 with 17971 viewsNotLoyal

It’s another trip down to John Bond’s old house on the coast, Harry loves it there as does Ted Macdougall who may or not be dead.

Bournemouth v Swansea City
Deans in Court
Tuesday March 16th 2021
Kick Off 7.45pm

Match Officials
JAMES LININGTON
Daniel Leach and Lee Venamore
Fourth Official : Keith Stroud

James Linington, ah the chap from 2009 who reduced the swans to seven players in a carling cup tie. That was a long time ago, he insisted swans player Besian ( RIP) although badly injured stand on the pitch so he could finish the game without having to call it off.

Linington being silly in 2009

This game will be televised LIVE by the evil SKY TV

The swans haven’t won in eight games against Bournemouth, the last time was a 4-1 away win in 2007. A 1-0 win at Luton on Saturday for the swans and a 3-2 home loss for Bournemouth against Barnsley are the most recent results. Bournemouth will be desperate to win this game as much as the swans.

Swans stats v AFC Bournemouth
Games won: 23
Games drawn: 13
Games lost: 24

Ted Macdougall update : Alive and well

Things to do in Bournemouth
Hengistbury Head
Getting to the top of the head at Hengitsbury is possible, that’s if you make the long journey to the game to listen to it on the wireless in the club car park. This unspoilt Covid free area of the town is sandy and has water. It also has a visitor centre where you can visit. The visitor centre is a great day out. As is the nature reserve. However we’ve just done some research and it’s all closed, so no head opening in Hengitsbury. Sorry.

Hengitsbury Head before it caught Covid

Bournemouth latest news
From Jonathan Woodgate on Adam Smith
"He's going for a scan today," said the head coach. "He won't be fit for tomorrow or the weekend so we'll see how he is after that. Hopefully we'll get a prognosis off the medical team. Smith was replaced by Jack Stacey against the Tykes, with Woodgate pleased to have such an able player to come in for him down the right flank "We've got two really good right-backs at the club," he said. "When Jack played against Burnley in my second game in charge, I thought he was very good, so we have him. We're gutted that Smudge isn't available but now it's an opportunity for Jack to come in and play."

Adam Smith having a limp on Saturday

Swans latest news
Marc Guehi is set to miss out for the Swans with the groin injury he suffered against Blackburn, with Joel Latibeaudiere impressing in his absence at Luton. Paul Arriola is fighting to return from a thigh injury, while Wayne Routledge and Brandon Cooper have recently returned from injury. Liam Cullen, Steven Benda, Jordan Morris and Tivonge Rushesha are all sidelined for the longer-term.

Bournemouth v Swansea City Pre Match EFL Championship Review LATEST 16th Mar 2021 10:08
Tonights game at the Vitality stadium is another LIVE event on SKY with a 7.45pm kick off time. Conor Hourihane will most certainly feature in a game that could well define the cherries season. A loss could see them move out of the play off picture, if the swans avoid defeat they will go second. 0

Bournemouth: Asmir Begovic, Steve Cook (captain), Jefferson Lerna, Dominic Solanke, Arnaut Danjuma, Jack Wilshere, Jack Stacey, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Junior Stanislas, Diego Rico, Phil Billing.

Substitutes: Mark Travers, Chris Mepham, Shane Long, Sam Surridge, Rodrigo Riquelme, Ben Pearson, Gavin Kilkenny, Jaidon Anthony, Jordan Zemura.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Conor Hourihane; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jay Fulton, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Jake Bidwell, Ben Cabango, Kieron Freeman, Ollie Cooper.

Swans hit another brick wall and lose to Bournemouth. The game dissected. 17th Mar 2021 10:35
This wasn’t the be all and end all of games, it wasn’t even a defining moment in the season that has seen the swans in contention again for the premier league. What it was last night on the south coast of England was confirmation that Swansea City, despite their desire to win every game possible haven’t got the tools to do so. The swans will make the play offs but any more matches like the one we witnessed last night in Bournemouth, and indeed at Huddersfield and it will be another tale of so close but so far. 2

Nothing to Follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:42 - Mar 16 with 1023 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:41 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

Think we've gone pat this now Dwight.
Clearly. we have no option.
Something must be up with Hamer.

Recalling some of what has been posted about Woody is surreal.

We really would be better off with a back n hand keeper as this fella i beyond a joke.

Watching the first one back - the ball quite literally bounces off his palm and into the roof of the net. Perfectly savable.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:42 - Mar 16 with 1026 viewsOldjack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:38 - Mar 16 by jackrabbit

Not a shot on goal worth the description. Shocking. No shape, no energy, no belief, no cohesiveness and no chance.

we've been like that for weeks with only lady luck bailing us out

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:43 - Mar 16 with 1024 viewsTreforys_Jack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:41 - Mar 16 by GeoffThom

Bubble has burst we have been bloody lucky for weeks now its coming home to roost
Cooper doing his stubborn thing again, everyone is screaming for change and its not there
Ch is a waste of space our mid should be fulton Smith grimes end of
Cabango instead of naught
And up front give somebody a go these two are not in it

Pretty much what I'm feeling.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:43 - Mar 16 with 1014 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:41 - Mar 16 by GeoffThom

Bubble has burst we have been bloody lucky for weeks now its coming home to roost
Cooper doing his stubborn thing again, everyone is screaming for change and its not there
Ch is a waste of space our mid should be fulton Smith grimes end of
Cabango instead of naught
And up front give somebody a go these two are not in it

Yep,but we hammered for being negative.

We clearly are being caught out as you cannot expect luck to carry on.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 20:43 - Mar 16 with 1023 viewsThornburyswan

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 20:32 - Mar 16 by KeithHaynes

Again, very poor.
Can we score three ?

Not unless they throw 3 in for us - difficult to score if you don’t/can’t hit the target, this situation has been coming for a few weeks.

Not sure you can defend your way up but credit to Cooper for giving it a try.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:44 - Mar 16 with 1008 viewsHighjack

On the plus side, the board will be busy tonight.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:44 - Mar 16 with 1010 viewsCatullus

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:38 - Mar 16 by jackrabbit

Not a shot on goal worth the description. Shocking. No shape, no energy, no belief, no cohesiveness and no chance.

Andy Cole will be along to tell you how ignorant you are about football.

I agree though. We are completely toothless. We're going to need 2 penalties tonight.

Oh well, the question Dr P asked, I guess it's lose tonight and stuff Cardiff.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:44 - Mar 16 with 1009 viewsKeithHaynes

Nobody fancies three points then 🤦🏻‍♂️

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:44 - Mar 16 with 1002 viewsFlashberryjack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:32 - Mar 16 by 34dfgdf54

All from Woodman again kicking out of touch and allowing Bournemouth to set up attacks this close to half time.

Awful

He does it so often I think it may be part of our game plan, as are our throw ins.

I actually think we are playing a little bit better than we did against Luton, although that's not very difficult.

Not a shot on target from us in the first half, what can we hope for in the second half...3 goals maybe.

Roll on Saturday.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 20:45 - Mar 16 with 1000 viewsmax936

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 20:28 - Mar 16 by theloneranger

This is how Bournemouth played against Barnsley in the first half on Saturday, going in 2-1.

2nd half they fell apart, but Barnsley did play well and won 3-2.

We aren't Barnsley though, don't deserve to be two down I don't think, we went to sleep at the back again, but to lose another goal smack on haft time is a killer. Unfortunately all I can see is a comfortable Bournemouth win.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 20:47]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:46 - Mar 16 with 981 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:44 - Mar 16 by Catullus

Andy Cole will be along to tell you how ignorant you are about football.

I agree though. We are completely toothless. We're going to need 2 penalties tonight.

Oh well, the question Dr P asked, I guess it's lose tonight and stuff Cardiff.

I challenge anyone to support this -right now a-and say they are happy as things are.

We need to be honest

We will recover when Cooper leaves and/or Owners replaced.Not before

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:47 - Mar 16 with 969 viewsBadlands

We look a bit better than recently because Bournemouth are happy to give us time and a bit space ... even then we have idea of what to do.
Only Naughton of the GK/back3 is anywhere to be seen.
First goal Bennett moves to cover a player already being tight marked by Latti.
Second ... Bournemouth barely make an attempt to get to the ball. TBH air it hadn't gone in there were two decent shouts for a penalty.
Who said we keep clean sheets with Bennett?
This really does look like a side that has been well coached against 11 who have just turned up.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:48 - Mar 16 with 941 viewsonehunglow

Whitaker.
About time

Good for it son

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:49 - Mar 16 with 940 viewsjasper_T

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:47 - Mar 16 by Badlands

We look a bit better than recently because Bournemouth are happy to give us time and a bit space ... even then we have idea of what to do.
Only Naughton of the GK/back3 is anywhere to be seen.
First goal Bennett moves to cover a player already being tight marked by Latti.
Second ... Bournemouth barely make an attempt to get to the ball. TBH air it hadn't gone in there were two decent shouts for a penalty.
Who said we keep clean sheets with Bennett?
This really does look like a side that has been well coached against 11 who have just turned up.

Bennett gets credit for improving us in games he didn't even play in. Bit like Smith, his reputation grows only in his absence.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:49 - Mar 16 with 940 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:40 - Mar 16 by jasper_T

Don't think Bennett should be starting for us. Looks cool and calm with his tucked in shirt and no nonsense clearances but he sleeps, makes strange decisions and gets tied in knots one on one. Always a sense of panic about Cabango but more effective.

Hourihane a one-footed passenger. Distracted by the Sky commentary singing his praises, maybe.

Bennett wasn’t responsible for either goal. Our defence is a lot steadier with him in it. Apart from the goals Muff were blazing over and wide . Extremely disappointing to give such a shit goal away so close to half time.

Lowe has done nothing but fck everything up up front. Need Whittaker on

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:49 - Mar 16 with 938 viewsTreforys_Jack

Let's see then, go on Morgan lad.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:49 - Mar 16 with 937 viewsmax936

Brentford now drawing 2-2 .

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:49 - Mar 16 with 933 viewsjack247

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:37 - Mar 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Both goals go past Woodman within arm's reach. The second one especially went past him very slowly. He watched it for what felt like seconds and appears to have decided to dive after realising he's going to look like an idiot again, like with Middlesbrough's deflected goal which trickled past him as he literally watched it do so.

I’m not going to start knocking our defence because I agree with you, they’ve been excellent all season, but let’s be real here.

The first goal, he’s left unmarked on the penalty spot and puts an acrobatic volley in the top corner.
The second, we don’t deal with a corner and it deflects in off Latabaudieres back.

Only someone with an agenda would blame the keeper there.

Woodman did put a routine clearance straight out though, so you can be smug about that.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:49 - Mar 16 with 932 viewsKeithHaynes

What’s the formation ?

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:50 - Mar 16 with 924 viewsGwyn737

Brentford pegged back...
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:50 - Mar 16 with 912 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans 433 😂😂😂😂

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:51 - Mar 16 with 908 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Wow I'm in shock again, he's actually brought on Whittaker!
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:51 - Mar 16 with 906 viewsTreforys_Jack

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:49 - Mar 16 by jack247

I’m not going to start knocking our defence because I agree with you, they’ve been excellent all season, but let’s be real here.

The first goal, he’s left unmarked on the penalty spot and puts an acrobatic volley in the top corner.
The second, we don’t deal with a corner and it deflects in off Latabaudieres back.

Woodman did put a routine clearance straight out though, so you can be smug about that.

Didn't take you long to work that out, fair play.
Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:52 - Mar 16 with 894 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:49 - Mar 16 by jack247

The first goal wasn't volleyed into the top corner. It was the middle of the goal. Woodman pushed it into the roof of the net.

Bournemouth v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE GAME on 20:52 - Mar 16 with 883 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Three minutes into the second half and Woodman passes the ball to a Bournemouth player 18 yards from goal.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024