Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal 13:14 - Apr 14 with 2506 viewsKeithHaynes

40k a week ?
Regardless of the league we play in next season ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 13:18 - Apr 14 with 1378 viewsChief

No, its time for us to scout for a replacement.

Edit: if we're promoted I'd try and keep him.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 13:18]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 13:21 - Apr 14 with 1357 viewsbuilthjack

I DONT THINK HE WOULD CUT IT IN THE PL.
If in the championship. perhaps 20k.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 13:31 - Apr 14 with 1347 viewsDr_Parnassus

40k a week is around £2m a year. Plus possibly 500k on top for signing on and agents fees etc (a guess). Circa £2.5m for the season with no re-sale potential.

I don’t think we can afford that personally. I would rather we try and get someone like Clarke-Harris as was brought up on the other thread, he seems like a player just blossoming. That’s if we could put a package together to get him.

At the stage we will be at we will need to be signing players that we can try and profit from and re-invest. That’s the way we are going to build as our income is going to be minimal.

As much as I like Andre and admire him as a player, it would be too rich for us sadly.

(Edit - Premier League then yes.)
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 13:32]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 13:43 - Apr 14 with 1322 viewsThornburyswan

No - £20K pw might entice me with say a £1M bonus if he scored 20+ goals & we went up.
Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 14:18 - Apr 14 with 1286 viewsReslovenSwan1

Andre is a good leader and the same stage in his carreer at Llorente was. Although he had Champion league excitment with Spurs he has barely scored 10 goals since he left and is still playing or mostly sitting on the bench at 35 or so.

Andre is 31 and is not getting more han £30k pw. I would have thought. He could be offered £20k at Swansea and a coaching option or African ambassador role. Swansea needs to be like the Belgium teams and have first call on the best young kids from football hotspots Ghana Nigeria and Ivory Coast. Swansea has alway over achived by being ahead of the game.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 14:23 - Apr 14 with 1282 viewsDr_Parnassus

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 14:18 - Apr 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Andre is a good leader and the same stage in his carreer at Llorente was. Although he had Champion league excitment with Spurs he has barely scored 10 goals since he left and is still playing or mostly sitting on the bench at 35 or so.

Andre is 31 and is not getting more han £30k pw. I would have thought. He could be offered £20k at Swansea and a coaching option or African ambassador role. Swansea needs to be like the Belgium teams and have first call on the best young kids from football hotspots Ghana Nigeria and Ivory Coast. Swansea has alway over achived by being ahead of the game.

He’s on 70k-80k a week I believe. Mind boggling really.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/swansea-city-manager-cooper-on-andre-ayews-repor

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/footballleaguefc.com/swansea-city-2019-20-player

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 14:47 - Apr 14 with 1263 viewskrunchykarrot

NO, overpaid and over rated.
Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 16:00 - Apr 14 with 1218 viewsnantywatcher

No - let's move forward rather than live in the past. Confident we will be a better unit without him.
Login to get fewer ads

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 16:10 - Apr 14 with 1207 viewspencoedjack

Yes from me.

Another player highly underrated from the Swansea faithful.
Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 16:26 - Apr 14 with 1197 viewsKeithHaynes

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 14:18 - Apr 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Exactly 78,319 week.

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 16:51 - Apr 14 with 1184 viewsNotLoyal

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 16:10 - Apr 14 by pencoedjack

Yes from me.

Absolutely and by many, Inc me.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 16:53 - Apr 14 with 1176 viewsReslovenSwan1

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 16:26 - Apr 14 by KeithHaynes

Exactly 78,319 week.

Yes I meant he will not be getting anymore than £30k pw from now on. Loose wording by me.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 16:54]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 17:11 - Apr 14 with 1154 viewsjack247

If we could afford £40k per week without suffering elsewhere, then yes. I very much doubt that’s the case though.
Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 17:21 - Apr 14 with 1143 viewsCatullus

No, we have no more parachute money so at 40k definitely no.If we go up he'll want sillier money again and I think we need more depth.

40k per week can get you 3 decent players in this division

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 17:32 - Apr 14 with 1128 viewsthornabyswan

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 16:10 - Apr 14 by pencoedjack

Yes from me.

I would if we can afford him.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 17:43 - Apr 14 with 1120 views9MilesHigh

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 17:21 - Apr 14 by Catullus

No, we have no more parachute money so at 40k definitely no.If we go up he'll want sillier money again and I think we need more depth.

40k per week can get you 3 decent players in this division

And the rest, it should get 6 or 7, maybe more.

Rodon is only on a reported £10k a week.

Ayew's agent has played a blinder with his wages and moves over the years. We are not getting £80k a week worth of player that's for sure.

And I am not knocking Ayew, he's mucked in and tried hard for us. But the saving on him next season will be a huge weight off our neck.
Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 18:44 - Apr 14 with 1075 viewsDr_Winston

Depends on the cost. If he's happy here and he and the club can agree sensible terms then great. He's a player we know will work his socks off for the side and pitch in with a decent supply of goals.

If not, then no.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 18:46 - Apr 14 with 1064 viewstrampie

Andre Ayew is a no brained if we can afford him.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 20:43 - Apr 14 with 1011 viewskrunchykarrot

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 18:44 - Apr 14 by Dr_Winston

Depends on the cost. If he's happy here and he and the club can agree sensible terms then great. He's a player we know will work his socks off for the side and pitch in with a decent supply of goals.

If not, then no.

He's happy here on big money, as for working his socks off i disagree. He has lost a yard and hides or takes the wrong option to many times.
Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 21:08 - Apr 14 with 988 viewsKeithHaynes

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 17:43 - Apr 14 by 9MilesHigh

And the rest, it should get 6 or 7, maybe more.

Rodon is only on a reported £10k a week.

Ayew's agent has played a blinder with his wages and moves over the years. We are not getting £80k a week worth of player that's for sure.

And I am not knocking Ayew, he's mucked in and tried hard for us. But the saving on him next season will be a huge weight off our neck.

Exactly Chris, and that’s by all accounts in euros ! I can’t believe he agreed to that, maybe a decent sign on fee, but it’s poor wages for a PL player.

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 21:09 - Apr 14 with 986 viewspencoedjack

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 21:08 - Apr 14 by KeithHaynes

Exactly Chris, and that’s by all accounts in euros ! I can’t believe he agreed to that, maybe a decent sign on fee, but it’s poor wages for a PL player.

Is that right?

Find it hard to believe.
Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 21:11 - Apr 14 with 981 viewsKeithHaynes

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 21:09 - Apr 14 by pencoedjack

Is that right?

Find it hard to believe.

It’s spot on mate. Had a 2k a week rise from Swansea, but it is incremental, not sure what next seasons wages is. Got to be double.

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 21:23 - Apr 14 with 971 viewspencoedjack

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 21:11 - Apr 14 by KeithHaynes

It’s spot on mate. Had a 2k a week rise from Swansea, but it is incremental, not sure what next seasons wages is. Got to be double.

When you take Brewster reportedly signed a 30k a week contract at Sheff Utd that’s crazy.

Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t turn 10k a week down but in PL wages that’s a pittance.

Levy is like Scrooge
Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 23:57 - Apr 14 with 928 viewsDr_Parnassus

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 21:11 - Apr 14 by KeithHaynes

40k a week being freed up certainly won’t be getting multiple good players in.

Rodon was an academy player that was signed by a big club that could give him the safety of a 5 year contract and a bumper signing on fee due to the transfer fee. I doubt Rodon would have gone to Reading for 10k a week, put it that way. It clearly has the scope to increase at Spurs, many times over.

Back in the day the signing on fee used to be roughly 10% of your transfer fee, roughly speaking. It may have gone up since then.

Even if it hasn’t, that’s a 1.5m payment, not bad for a 22/23 year old. Although by Premier League regulations that payment has to be split over the length of the contract and form what they refer to as a loyalty bonus. 300k a year.

These various websites say Bennett is on 20k a week and Asoro on 10k a week. So being able to get a player of Rodon’s calibre on a free, for cheaper than we pay them, and then replicate that feat many times over just isn’t realistic.

So in reality, it may get us another Bennett type player, after taking signing on fee into consideration then it doesn’t leave much left over. May not leave anything left over, not sure how much we actually paid for him.

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 01:51 - Apr 15 with 905 viewsNotLoyal

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 23:57 - Apr 14 by Dr_Parnassus

40k a week being freed up certainly won’t be getting multiple good players in.

Rodon was an academy player that was signed by a big club that could give him the safety of a 5 year contract and a bumper signing on fee due to the transfer fee. I doubt Rodon would have gone to Reading for 10k a week, put it that way. It clearly has the scope to increase at Spurs, many times over.

Back in the day the signing on fee used to be roughly 10% of your transfer fee, roughly speaking. It may have gone up since then.

Even if it hasn’t, that’s a 1.5m payment, not bad for a 22/23 year old. Although by Premier League regulations that payment has to be split over the length of the contract and form what they refer to as a loyalty bonus. 300k a year.

These various websites say Bennett is on 20k a week and Asoro on 10k a week. So being able to get a player of Rodon’s calibre on a free, for cheaper than we pay them, and then replicate that feat many times over just isn’t realistic.

So in reality, it may get us another Bennett type player, after taking signing on fee into consideration then it doesn’t leave much left over. May not leave anything left over, not sure how much we actually paid for him.

Hopefully asoro has gone ?

Bennet on a free then 20k a week sounds far too much.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024