Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* 16:05 - Jun 10 with 2222 viewsKeithHaynes

What would that wish be ?
Who would you like to sign from the many already mentioned ?

We can’t wave a magic wand of course, but realistically, if you knew Cooper had financial backing, what would your choices be ? Has anyone tickled your thingys ? Or should we just hope the swans start gently tomorrow and then gradually move on ?

Will there be a signing tomorrow is the question being asked ? And if there was what would you like ?

A starter, main course, or an eat as much as you like buffet ?

Swansea City news round up 10th Jun 2021 16:37
It’s been a busy week, well for the close season it has. Numerous ups and downs with our current manager Steve Cooper, and players linked too. Let’s have a quick look back before we have a very positive look forwards to tomorrow. Despite the desire for many people to have their “rumours” published we have to do do our own due diligence, and ensure things are as researched as best as possible. In a way we do our own accountancy first so others don’t get hijacked. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 09:59 - Jun 11 with 525 viewsjack247

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 09:53 - Jun 11 by onehunglow

He simply sulked .
He did nothing since

I agree. Hence the Hourihane comparison. He had all the ability and aura. His first season proved that. I just don’t think he had the desire
If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 10:03 - Jun 11 with 515 viewsonehunglow

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 09:59 - Jun 11 by jack247

I agree. Hence the Hourihane comparison. He had all the ability and aura. His first season proved that. I just don’t think he had the desire

It's why sometimes I feel isolated on here.
I thought Laudrup simply sh@t on us .Our performance that day at West Ham was appalling and down to him.
His first season was stella though but how does that see him merit the uber love on many on here.

We need to think forward not backwards

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 10:34 - Jun 11 with 496 viewsKeithHaynes

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 10:03 - Jun 11 by onehunglow

I thought Laudrup simply sh@t on us .Our performance that day at West Ham was appalling and down to him.
His first season was stella though but how does that see him merit the uber love on many on here.

We can only look backwards, if we look forwards thats hope, backwards brings memories.

Laudrup gave me the best 18 months I have ever had as a swans fan, and I include the season in the sun in the eighties.

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 11:01 - Jun 11 with 470 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 10:34 - Jun 11 by KeithHaynes

We can only look backwards, if we look forwards thats hope, backwards brings memories.

Laudrup gave me the best 18 months I have ever had as a swans fan, and I include the season in the sun in the eighties.

And me.

The game before West Ham (which was appalling) we brushed aside Fulham and a couple of weeks before that we won at Old Trafford. We were struggling with injuries at the time but somehow a few people think we were 14th and about to get relegated which was rubbish.

We then replaced him with Monk.

I’ll say that again.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 11:09 - Jun 11 with 452 viewsonehunglow

I got that book for a start.

Our problem is we look back too much too often;it's a curse.We rwally shouldn't even be discussing this.

Laudrup tenure was brief-very brief.

Anyway...has cooper gone yet?

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 11:26 - Jun 11 with 437 viewsjack247

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 10:34 - Jun 11 by KeithHaynes

Best season for me. The following half season was dire. I can never really decide if I preferred it to the promotion season. Both felt like once in a lifetime seasons and they were only a couple of years apart.
If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 11:45 - Jun 11 with 420 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s Friday !

Swansea City new signing bar any late issues, here is the story from 11 days ago 11th Jun 2021 11:24
On June 1st we ran a story via the accredited network News Now on Kyle Joseph, just to reiterate the content, and for you to get a bit closer to Swansea City’s first signing of the summer. ( It’s Friday ) Here is the story again. Don’t thank us ! 0

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 12:38 - Jun 11 with 377 viewsjack247

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 11:01 - Jun 11 by Joe_bradshaw

And me.

The game before West Ham (which was appalling) we brushed aside Fulham and a couple of weeks before that we won at Old Trafford. We were struggling with injuries at the time but somehow a few people think we were 14th and about to get relegated which was rubbish.

I’ll say that again.

Replacing him with Monk wasn’t the problem. Giving Monk the job permanently at the end of the season was.

We were on the kind of trajectory we seem to be now with Cooper. Playoffs twice in two seasons, lots of us are very skeptical of whether he’d be able to maintain that.
Login to get fewer ads

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 12:43 - Jun 11 with 366 viewsAndyCole

Cleverly crafted upbeat piece yet again, tidy. We need a good news story.
To answer the question :

Today is the start of our next chapter - announcement that :-
- Coops stays (on new terms) and has the funds (as per your article), and as such :
- Marquee signing today (as it's Friday), possibly off radar
- More to follow - 4/5 perms; 2/3 high quality loans as per usual under Coops
- Grimes stays and the team is shaped around him playing a more advanced role

- Funded by clear out of deadwood, and
- Sale of 1 or 2 high Val assets - Dhanda (obvs cos he's world class according to some) and ideally Cabango for £15m+ (West Ham have speed-read this forum but glazed over on the salient points)

- New away kit to replace the Turquoise & Raspberry - the 'Stevie Cooper's T&R army' song never stood a chance and was one of Coops' stipulations when signing his new terms.

- Tammy A was spotted in his blue Full Fat supercharged Range Rover cruising west down Mumbles road
[Post edited 11 Jun 2021 12:45]

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 13:58 - Jun 11 with 328 viewsonehunglow

and he was not hated.
People need to look up the definition

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 15:00 - Jun 11 with 286 viewsBadlands

Bring back Sousa.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 15:02 - Jun 11 with 286 viewsvetchonian

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 10:03 - Jun 11 by onehunglow

I think his focus that season was on the Europa league, as had been said the team was suffering from injuries and Laudrup had elected to work with a "small squad"

I am sure if HJ had interefered by "foisiting" Monk onto the coaching team things may have been different

Hindsight eh....We could have gone on to European success...When you read Jackie Rockeys interview when she retired she explained how Laudrup was focused on the best route to Europe...maybe we could have won the Europa under him got relegated and bounced back.....or even stayed up and won the Europa....instead Monk turned HJs head....and got Curt banished away from influencing the football

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 15:14 - Jun 11 with 269 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 08:58 - Jun 11 by Boundy

Because I posted what I did means I "hated" the man , far from it . that short period imo was the most exciting times as a fan and for the Club since Toshack . I would like to see the Club employ a coach / manager who is in it for the long term with the ability to improve players and play an exciting attacking brand of football , I don't believe Laudrup is / was that man .

Sorry didn’t mean you personally but I remember how much of a witch-hunt was in force just before he was sacked. If we’d have kept him there would have been no way we’d have been relegated (as was the feat at the time) . Okay he seemed to have a two year itch most of his career but it doesn’t necessarily mean he’d have walked out on us at the end of the season.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 15:15 - Jun 11 with 268 viewsWhiterockin

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 15:02 - Jun 11 by vetchonian

I think his focus that season was on the Europa league, as had been said the team was suffering from injuries and Laudrup had elected to work with a "small squad"

I am sure if HJ had interefered by "foisiting" Monk onto the coaching team things may have been different

Hindsight eh....We could have gone on to European success...When you read Jackie Rockeys interview when she retired she explained how Laudrup was focused on the best route to Europe...maybe we could have won the Europa under him got relegated and bounced back.....or even stayed up and won the Europa....instead Monk turned HJs head....and got Curt banished away from influencing the football

Laudrup while speaking at the fans forum just after joining us. "A club the size of Swansea it is virtually impossible to win the Premier League, but winning a cup is not out of the question". The man said it as it was and delivered, we have a lot to be thankful for.
If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 15:19 - Jun 11 with 256 viewsjack247

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 15:02 - Jun 11 by vetchonian

I think Laudrup asked for more than previously agreed that summer, which is totally understandable as he had completely overachieved and we had an unexpected Europa League campaign to deal with on top of the PL.

When he didn’t get what he wanted, he pretty much lost interest. As you say, he concentrated on the Europa League. In all fairness, when he arrived he made it pretty clear he didn’t intend to stay very long, saying something along the lines of continually wanting fresh challenges and new experiences.
If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 15:23 - Jun 11 with 250 viewsjasper_T

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 15:19 - Jun 11 by jack247

I think Laudrup asked for more than previously agreed that summer, which is totally understandable as he had completely overachieved and we had an unexpected Europa League campaign to deal with on top of the PL.

When he didn’t get what he wanted, he pretty much lost interest. As you say, he concentrated on the Europa League. In all fairness, when he arrived he made it pretty clear he didn’t intend to stay very long, saying something along the lines of continually wanting fresh challenges and new experiences.

Not just that he didn't get what he wanted, the club spent big on player he didn't want.
If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 15:24 - Jun 11 with 249 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 09:37 - Jun 11 by jack247

Because he gave up when he didn’t get the backing he wanted after qualifying for Europe.

His first season, along with the promotion season under Rodgers, was head and shoulders above any season I can remember. His second, he was the managerial equivalent of Conor Hourihane.

We were fighting a war on two fronts with the worst injury list for a long time. Then he had to do with Monk plotting against him and undermining him. Was the 3-0 win in the Mestalla in the Hourihane style? Everybody panicked then because Cardiff was next up. I’m surprised that some still hold the same opinions , even with the benefit of hindsight.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 15:45 - Jun 11 with 232 viewsBoundy

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 15:14 - Jun 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Sorry didn’t mean you personally but I remember how much of a witch-hunt was in force just before he was sacked. If we’d have kept him there would have been no way we’d have been relegated (as was the feat at the time) . Okay he seemed to have a two year itch most of his career but it doesn’t necessarily mean he’d have walked out on us at the end of the season.

No apology needed, yes I recall some of the comments written , some imo accurate some not so. I'm disappointed how it ended but watching his managerial career no real surprise. It was the perfect storm with Monk whipping up the waves of discontent .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 15:57 - Jun 11 with 227 viewsjack247

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 15:24 - Jun 11 by Brynmill_Jack

We were fighting a war on two fronts with the worst injury list for a long time. Then he had to do with Monk plotting against him and undermining him. Was the 3-0 win in the Mestalla in the Hourihane style? Everybody panicked then because Cardiff was next up. I’m surprised that some still hold the same opinions , even with the benefit of hindsight.

He wasn’t sacked for the 3-0 in the Mestalla, or the Europa league campaign in general. He was sacked for his apathy in the PL. His attitude in that league campaign, while I can understand his frustrations at our summer business, was very comparable to the attitude Hourihane showed here.

We actually took our foot off the gas in his first season from winning the league cup onwards, but it had been so good to that point, nobody, including me, cared.

Let’s be honest, Garry Monk by then, wasn’t even a bit part player. If Laudrup had maintained a focused, hungry dressing room, like he obviously did in his first season, Monk would have been irrelevant.
If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 16:13 - Jun 11 with 218 viewsmax936

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 15:14 - Jun 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Lets be honest though Brynnie, you would have had his babies

I heard things that supposedly went on behind the scene's that didn't adhere him to some, far from it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 16:19 - Jun 11 with 217 viewsmax936

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 08:48 - Jun 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Why not? He’s a man proven to be able to coach and improve journeymen players which is what we’ve got. A man who could bring some reasonably priced players in to augment his system and we’re away. I don’t get all the hate for Laudrup- he was sh*tted on by the sellouts as much as Guidolin was . And he won our only ever piece of major silverware too.

Can't disagree with that, it was shameful the way Guidolin was treated, disgusting, just typifies Jenkins though.

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 16:22 - Jun 11 with 213 viewsonehunglow

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 16:19 - Jun 11 by max936

Can't disagree with that, it was shameful the way Guidolin was treated, disgusting, just typifies Jenkins though.

And the same great chairman Ive seen described on here.

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 16:24 - Jun 11 with 213 viewsmax936

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 09:59 - Jun 11 by jack247

Just messaged Keith to ban the mentioning of C H

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 16:29 - Jun 11 with 208 viewsonehunglow

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 16:24 - Jun 11 by max936

Just messaged Keith to ban the mentioning of C H

Ive banned myself.
Ive worn out the C button on this competer

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 16:32 - Jun 11 with 209 viewsmax936

If you had one Swansea wish TODAY Friday* on 16:22 - Jun 11 by onehunglow

And the same great chairman Ive seen described on here.

He deserves credit for what he achieved there's no denying that, but I remember saying to my father, brother and her indoors that I didn't fully trust him. I always felt somin niggling away at me, unfortunately it was true, he had a nest of vipers with him as well though, so they all need a week in the stocks at Castle Gardens
[Post edited 11 Jun 2021 16:34]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024