Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Senedd will save us 18:42 - Jul 6 with 1776 viewsCatullus

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/residential-areas-wales-made-20mph-2

They'll start off by changing all residential speed limits to 20mphand banning parking on pavements. That should cause some chaos.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Senedd will save us on 18:50 - Jul 6 with 1302 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Over 600,000 (one in every five) people in Wales is on an NHS waiting list.

Yet Welsh Labour Government deem it more important to ban people from parking on pavements and prevent them from driving over 20 miles per hour in residential areas.

It's incredible.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Senedd will save us on 20:12 - Jul 6 with 1270 viewsonehunglow

If every car parked on the road,traffic would come to a halt.And it will.

You could park a Bentley on one side of the road and a Ford Truck on the other.

On estates,look around yiu.it’s laughable

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Senedd will save us on 20:16 - Jul 6 with 1270 viewspencoedjack

The way things are going under Welsh labour we will be back to horse & carts rather than cars in the near future.
The Senedd will save us on 20:20 - Jul 6 with 1263 viewsonehunglow

The Senedd will save us on 20:16 - Jul 6 by pencoedjack

The way things are going under Welsh labour we will be back to horse & carts rather than cars in the near future.

Steptoe Rules

The Senedd will save us on 21:07 - Jul 6 with 1237 viewsFlashberryjack

The road where I live has been 20mph for a couple of years, nobody pays a blind bit of attention to the limit, so unless the Senedd have plans on how to police it, it's complete and utter waste of time, actually, a bit like the senedd itself.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Senedd will save us on 21:12 - Jul 6 with 1234 viewsDr_Winston

The Senedd will save us on 21:07 - Jul 6 by Flashberryjack

The road where I live has been 20mph for a couple of years, nobody pays a blind bit of attention to the limit, so unless the Senedd have plans on how to police it, it's complete and utter waste of time, actually, a bit like the senedd itself.

Yep.

The only way to enforce it would be to cover every residential road in speed bumps. Let's hope they don't work that out.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Senedd will save us on 21:55 - Jul 6 with 1210 viewsWhiterockin

Electric cars crawling along under 20mph you will not know they are coming. Accidents will increase not decrease.
The Senedd will save us on 21:59 - Jul 6 with 1204 viewsFlashberryjack

The Senedd will save us on 21:12 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

Yep.

The only way to enforce it would be to cover every residential road in speed bumps. Let's hope they don't work that out.

Aye, if Boris put up 1ft speed bumps, Drakeford would put 2ft high speed bumps (2 weeks later of course)

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

The Senedd will save us on 22:06 - Jul 6 with 1187 viewsBoundy

The Senedd will save us on 21:12 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

Yep.

The M4 West bound from Ynystawe will be the next stretch of the M4 which will nave a reduced speed limit , they just haven't told us yet

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Senedd will save us on 22:07 - Jul 6 with 1181 views73__73

The Senedd will save us on 21:59 - Jul 6 by Flashberryjack

Aye, if Boris put up 1ft speed bumps, Drakeford would put 2ft high speed bumps (2 weeks later of course)

Yep, that sums up the way Wales is run these days. I blame the Welsh people for voting for the idiots in the first place

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

The Senedd will save us on 22:12 - Jul 6 with 1183 viewsBoundy

The laws the Labour-run administration promises this year are:

A new system will be put in place for post-16 education and training in Wales.
A new agriculture bill will create a new system of farm payments in Wales which "will reward farmers for their response to the climate and nature emergencies as well as supporting them to produce Welsh food in a sustainable way".
The fair work rights of workers will be "ensured by the Social Partnership and Public Procurement Bill" and more socially responsible public procurement.
A bill to enable changes to devolved taxes to respond quickly to unexpected events which could have a significant impact on Welsh revenues.
The first consolidation bill, to make the law in Wales more accessible. It will bring together a mass of very old, complicated legislation relating to listed buildings and the historic environment, to create a single and fully bilingual law which is easy to understand

Basically we're screwed

The Senedd will save us on 22:46 - Jul 6 with 1167 viewsmajorraglan

The Senedd will save us on 22:12 - Jul 6 by Boundy

A new agriculture bill will create a new system of farm payments in Wales which "will reward farmers for their response to the climate and nature emergencies as well as supporting them to produce Welsh food in a sustainable way".
The fair work rights of workers will be "ensured by the Social Partnership and Public Procurement Bill" and more socially responsible public procurement.
A bill to enable changes to devolved taxes to respond quickly to unexpected events which could have a significant impact on Welsh revenues.
The first consolidation bill, to make the law in Wales more accessible. It will bring together a mass of very old, complicated legislation relating to listed buildings and the historic environment, to create a single and fully bilingual law which is easy to understand

Basically we're screwed

There’s a couple of good things in there, I like the idea of having a new system in place for post 16 and training because there’s far too much emphasis on Uni and not enough on vocational options. We need to encourage more children in to apprenticeships instead of going on to Uni and doing duff courses, we also need to up-skill our work force, but there’s stuff I vehemently dislike. 20 mph speed limits on busy walk to school routes and outside schools is fair enough, sustainable farming and socially responsible procurement are good concepts, but there needs to be meat on the bone. I don’t have an issue with tighter legislation on listed buildings as some unscrupulous developers have allowed some really important buildings to deteriorate to ruins so they can do other things with them. A blanket 20mph limit is ridiculous. I can’t see the cops buying in to wide scale enforcement as they don’t have enough staff do deal with the more serious issues and am not keen on the taxes stuff.
The Senedd will save us on 07:03 - Jul 7 with 1093 viewsKilkennyjack

Basically we're screwed

Well done to Drakers for seeking to fulfill his promises which the people of Wales recently voted for.

Now onto not doing what Johnson is doing to England whilst Covid rates surge.
They will have modelled keeping things as today, and they will have modelled the extra deaths caused by unlocking whilst the Covid rates surge. They know the number of extra lives to be lost. What is that number ?

Is it up to Johnson to decide its a price worth paying ?
What about the unvaccinated - young and old ?

The indian variant is down to Johnson himself.
The man is a monster.

Beware of the Risen People

The Senedd will save us on 08:23 - Jul 7 with 1075 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Basically we're screwed

Anything to help the economy?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Senedd will save us on 08:35 - Jul 7 with 1061 viewsWhiterockin

The Senedd will save us on 07:03 - Jul 7 by Kilkennyjack

Well done to Drakers for seeking to fulfill his promises which the people of Wales recently voted for.

They will have modelled keeping things as today, and they will have modelled the extra deaths caused by unlocking whilst the Covid rates surge. They know the number of extra lives to be lost. What is that number ?

The man is a monster.

Why not post that on the relevant thread or just attention seeking as normal.
The Senedd will save us on 09:40 - Jul 7 with 1019 viewsCatullus

The 20mph speed limit, enforcement will be impossible and they can't put speed bumps everywhere for 2, maybe 3 good reasons, it would cost many millions, it would cause massive disruption and though N.I.C.E disagrees other experts believe speed bumps cause increased pollution.

The taxes thing caught my eye. It's a typical political trick to bring in new taxes by stealth, they tell us it won't cost us that much but these taxes rise and rise, like fuel duty which is now 57.95p per litre plus 20.7p VAT so over 78p per litre is taxes. As soon as they think it's safe the Senedd will increase our tax bill, some way, somehow. Not that I object to paying more tax per se but I am concerned about how they will spend our money.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Senedd will save us on 09:41 - Jul 7 with 1019 viewsBoundy

The Senedd will save us on 08:23 - Jul 7 by JACKMANANDBOY

Anything to help the economy?

All I can add is God help the taxpayer , tax raises to fill the shortfall in what ever grand scheme the incompetents in Cardiff dream up , currently spending 6 million on a 1 mile long cycle track ( no financial aid from WAG , yes ok I believe it ) more speed cameras to slow down an already contracting economy .

The Senedd will save us on 09:56 - Jul 7 with 1006 viewsCatullus

The Senedd will save us on 09:41 - Jul 7 by Boundy

All I can add is God help the taxpayer , tax raises to fill the shortfall in what ever grand scheme the incompetents in Cardiff dream up , currently spending 6 million on a 1 mile long cycle track ( no financial aid from WAG , yes ok I believe it ) more speed cameras to slow down an already contracting economy .

These cycle tracks, plenty of people might use them when the weather is good but this is Wales! 6 million for 1 mile does seem very excessive.
I think of the Promenade, in the nice weather is chock full of pedestriand and cyclists,both vying for room, cyclists often going way too fast on narrow sections. But come the wet weather it's deadly quiet, mostly only those with no other choice walk very far along it. Only the most comitted cyclists use it. Us fair weather types get back in our cars or on the bus.

The Senedd will save us on 10:17 - Jul 7 with 993 viewsonehunglow

The Senedd will save us on 09:56 - Jul 7 by Catullus

These cycle tracks, plenty of people might use them when the weather is good but this is Wales! 6 million for 1 mile does seem very excessive.
I think of the Promenade, in the nice weather is chock full of pedestriand and cyclists,both vying for room, cyclists often going way too fast on narrow sections. But come the wet weather it's deadly quiet, mostly only those with no other choice walk very far along it. Only the most comitted cyclists use it. Us fair weather types get back in our cars or on the bus.

Our culture has to change.our attitude to cyclists for a start.

We are an obese nation that is bone idle.

The Senedd will save us on 10:22 - Jul 7 with 984 viewsCatullus

The Senedd will save us on 10:17 - Jul 7 by onehunglow

Our culture has to change.our attitude to cyclists for a start.

We are an obese nation that is bone idle.

Hey, maybe some cyclists should have a better attitude to pedestrians!

The Senedd will save us on 15:23 - Jul 7 with 939 viewsFlashberryjack

The Senedd will save us on 10:22 - Jul 7 by Catullus

And to all other road users.

Hello

The Senedd will save us on 15:52 - Jul 7 with 924 viewsBarrySwan

The Senedd will save us on 22:07 - Jul 6 by 73__73

Yep, that sums up the way Wales is run these days. I blame the Welsh people for voting for the idiots in the first place

Well don't........ just blame those voting labour.

Mind you the Cons are almost as bad and the nats unelectable so there's not much choice really.
The Senedd will save us on 16:25 - Jul 7 with 908 viewsonehunglow

The Senedd will save us on 10:22 - Jul 7 by Catullus

Indeed.

The Senedd will save us on 16:44 - Jul 7 with 893 viewsKilkennyjack

The Senedd will save us on 08:35 - Jul 7 by Whiterockin

Why not post that on the relevant thread or just attention seeking as normal.

So sorry, i will be sure to check first with you next time …..🇩🇰

Beware of the Risen People

The Senedd will save us on 23:21 - Jul 7 with 841 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Senedd will save us on 07:03 - Jul 7 by Kilkennyjack

The man is a monster.

It is called the Indian variant and is spreading through Europe. The clue is in the name.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024