Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? 14:33 - Aug 18 with 8909 viewsKeithHaynes

After just two weeks !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 14:50 - Aug 18 with 3669 viewsCatullus

I blooming hope not. It's not going to help anything if the booing starts ringing out at home games. Cooper had it easy in that respect. No matter how dour the performance he didn't have to face the fans.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 14:58 - Aug 18 with 3646 viewsGeoffThom

Last night was an abject affair in fact pathetic all the excuses cannot mask the fact round pegs in sq holes won't work
Plus a captain that is silent on the pitch and also the biggest culprit for passing for passing sake
Your cf has to play not be on the bench he set them up badly
If things stay the same over a few more games yep it will turn
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:00 - Aug 18 with 3639 viewsKeithHaynes

Oops 😂

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:01 - Aug 18 with 3638 viewsjack247

It shouldn’t be. It was pretty much universally agreed on here a few weeks ago that this was a big transition and wouldn’t happen overnight.

It’s also probably fair to say that Steve Cooper wasn’t particularly popular on here and the main reason for that was his playing style. People have been crying out for possession based passing football for two years. A lot longer than that if you exclude Potters season.

Give him time, let him move out players who don’t suit his style, bring in players that do, then judge him.
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:07 - Aug 18 with 3618 viewsChief

I'm not particularly happy with his performance so far despite the constraints but I certainly didn't and won't boo for sometime yet.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:12 - Aug 18 with 3597 viewsBenJ94

Only the premier league plastics will be turning against him this quickly.
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:13 - Aug 18 with 3597 viewsnyc_swans

i know football fans are a fickle bunch, but i honestly can't believe the negativity right now. he's trying to do something completely different and some of the players are not a fit. he can hardly be blamed for that. i'd rather a day like yesterday which can be chalked up to a learning experience than a boring 1 - 1 cooper style draw.

if the team still looks like this 2 months, maybe the tide should/can justifiably turn.
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:16 - Aug 18 with 3582 viewsjack247

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:12 - Aug 18 by BenJ94

Absolutely Ben
Login to get fewer ads

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:18 - Aug 18 with 3572 viewsChief

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:13 - Aug 18 by nyc_swans

i know football fans are a fickle bunch, but i honestly can't believe the negativity right now. he's trying to do something completely different and some of the players are not a fit. he can hardly be blamed for that. i'd rather a day like yesterday which can be chalked up to a learning experience than a boring 1 - 1 cooper style draw.

if the team still looks like this 2 months, maybe the tide should/can justifiably turn.

Yea but should he be doing something completely different right now?

Is that wise with the players we have and the end of the window looming?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:18 - Aug 18 with 3571 viewsKeithHaynes

Sticking with a manger if a club gets relegated is the true test.

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:21 - Aug 18 with 3561 viewsWhiterockin

I think let the window close and the dust settle then we will know where we are player wise. We then have the international break where RM will be able to work with most of the players. The Hull game will be the benchmark for me, hopefully we will see an improvement after that.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:32 - Aug 18 with 3525 viewsmagicdaps10

No!

What is happening is something that we should have expected with Martin or even if Cooper was still here.

We are hitting massive reset button so this is something that the ones with sense have expected.

Issue is that we have some fans who were fans of Cooper, ones who think things can just happen over night.... Football fans as they say are just fickle.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:34 - Aug 18 with 3518 viewsLuther27

God save us. The guys not even warmed the seat yet…no pre season as such…players in…players out etc. It’s a tough introduction for him and the squad but at least Martin had the balls to accept the job knowing what he was walking into. Cooper knew what was coming and walked away to the delight of many on here. So let’s cut Martin some slack and get behind him and the club.
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 16:18 - Aug 18 with 3389 viewsFireboy2

Keith, I've seen enough to say that most jacks are happy to ride the rollercoaster.

I truly believe its going to get better.

Aa long as RM is backed.
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 16:32 - Aug 18 with 3358 viewsmax936

Be silly if it is, we played well last Saturday, but last night it all went tits up, Bristol game Friday night is another game that's a definite banana skin.
Things are gonna take time to change, but trying to change things quickly rarely works, maybe he's learnt that after last night.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 16:39]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 16:34 - Aug 18 with 3348 viewsBillyChong

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 16:18 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

Keith, I've seen enough to say that most jacks are happy to ride the rollercoaster.

I truly believe its going to get better.

Aa long as RM is backed.

Brizzle is Friday night which is worrying if Martin is blaming fitness levels
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 16:36 - Aug 18 with 3340 viewsnyc_swans

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:18 - Aug 18 by Chief

Yea but should he be doing something completely different right now?

Is that wise with the players we have and the end of the window looming?

He was hired because he has a vision of doing things a certain way. Unfortunately he didn't have a pre-season with the club. So he has to learn about some of these players on the fly. I'm not sure I see an alternative if we're really tying to buy into a new style.
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 16:43 - Aug 18 with 3310 viewsThornburyswan

Slightly provocative that statement Keith!

Anyway, no it isn’t let’s give him a complete window - I for one am expecting 2/3 further signings plus a few exits of course - plus a couple of months to work with that squad, if we are still playing like last night in November it might be time to get a tad nervous.
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 16:47 - Aug 18 with 3304 viewsPawelAbbott

Don't know how he can blame fitness levels, we were better second half than first. The issues seemed to be around a total lack of creativity and too many mistakes passing it around at the back.
The team that finished the game was considerably better than the starting 11. We are crying out for a good CAM and leadership at the back
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 17:19 - Aug 18 with 3234 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:12 - Aug 18 by BenJ94

That's not true.

It's one of many edgy statements made by, primarily, younger supporters.

Football supporters of all ages who have been supporting us for various lengths of time turn on our players and managers quickly. It's not unique to those who started supporting us in the Premier League. Quite a few have clearly turned on him already. More will do so in the next few weeks and months.

Groans will become louder when we see midfielders passing back to centre backs. It's inevitable. Martin will have to persist through it.

As much as I dislike Cooper, he was booed off regularly yet persisted with his style of play.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 17:28 - Aug 18 with 3224 viewsguthrieintherain

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 15:13 - Aug 18 by nyc_swans

Cooper blew it for us with a little bit of attacking intent we would of gone up automatic.

If Martin had the likes of Ayew Rodon Hourihane and Guehi we may well have gone up.

But even with 1 point on the board and a pretty poor performance last night I am glad that Cooper the bottle job has gone.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 17:49 - Aug 18 with 3180 viewskrunchykarrot

Anybody who says anything negative about RM is deluded, we have to give a manager time to build. These people are like the ones who wanted to sack a Scottish manager as he was playing kids and shite.
Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 17:51 - Aug 18 with 3172 viewsmonmouth

We need to forget about Cooper. He chose to walk away. It’s not as if there was a choice between him and Martin and we can compare. We were managerlessbecauseCooperdid not want to carry on. Martin had the guts and ambition to try and put a ‘Swansea’ stamp on Swansea. Apart from a few notable space cadets on the forums, people mostly get that.

Now, nobody will ever take kindly to being torn a new one by Stoke, and he must know he got it wrong there, That doesn’t mean any tide, if there even is a tide, is turning. It means we don’t want to get outclassed by bloody Stoke. If we are obviously improving and he starts getting to grips with the players (he doesn’t know them yet. It took Potter until January to play Dan James, 8months later he’s starting for Man U!), then I think he will be supported no matter how turbulent the ride.

Unless we are bottom and get pumped by Cardiff. That would be bad. But I’m sure he knows the score and I think he will sweat blood to make it happen. Weve backed our horse, we need to let him run a seasons races before hobbling him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 18:07 - Aug 18 with 3124 viewsonehunglow

It's like this.
We have employed a manager fully prepared to play in a way his players cannot do.
To play the way he wants requires quality players.
We have a "great" captain ,one who cannot clear the first defender when taking a corner,one who takes free kicks and then balloons them into orbit,one who tops attacks forming prefering to pass backwards even when chasing the game.

We have a manager that chose to select Cullen to start before Piroe,our only real striker,then in next game again ignored picking a striker prefering Lowe.

If this is a portent of what is to come,good luck y'all. Right now, ,to me,he seems arrogant,stubborn and deluded. You need raw material to do any job. He hasnt and wont.

He says the owners will back him-so that would suggest a centre half,and a striker.

The writing is on the wall and tenement halls.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 18:13 - Aug 18 with 3114 viewsWhiterockin

Is the tide turning against Martin already ? on 18:07 - Aug 18 by onehunglow

It's like this.
We have employed a manager fully prepared to play in a way his players cannot do.
To play the way he wants requires quality players.
We have a "great" captain ,one who cannot clear the first defender when taking a corner,one who takes free kicks and then balloons them into orbit,one who tops attacks forming prefering to pass backwards even when chasing the game.

We have a manager that chose to select Cullen to start before Piroe,our only real striker,then in next game again ignored picking a striker prefering Lowe.

If this is a portent of what is to come,good luck y'all. Right now, ,to me,he seems arrogant,stubborn and deluded. You need raw material to do any job. He hasnt and wont.

He says the owners will back him-so that would suggest a centre half,and a striker.

The writing is on the wall and tenement halls.

Lighten up mate life's too short. You were not happy the last 2 years and you are not happy with this lot. Relax, sit back enjoy the ride its only football.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024