Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … 20:56 - Nov 4 with 5605 viewsbonymine

My personal experiences …(excluding Wembley) are ;

Preston
Wigan
Bury
Reading

Quite strange as they’re all outside Div 1/Premier League where we regularly took 3k away and I was part of many of those special experiences too !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 12:59 - Nov 5 with 1520 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:33 - Nov 4 by bennytheblue

As if…ffs….you lot are insane

In the FA Cup final both get around 20,000 each the other 40,000 plus are sold to neutrals and County FAs also get a large allocation.

The number of tickets allocated to each club for League Cup final are far more than for the FA Cup. There were more Swansea fans at Wembley for the Bradford City final than Cardiff had for the Portsmouth final.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 13:19 - Nov 5 with 1501 viewsbennytheblue

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 12:59 - Nov 5 by felixstowe_jack

In the FA Cup final both get around 20,000 each the other 40,000 plus are sold to neutrals and County FAs also get a large allocation.

The number of tickets allocated to each club for League Cup final are far more than for the FA Cup. There were more Swansea fans at Wembley for the Bradford City final than Cardiff had for the Portsmouth final.

Sure, well we sold out v Blackpool and Liverpool, they took there full allocation also. Laughable in Blackpool’s case as I spoke to fans of almost every northern outpost that day. You telling me reading, 20 miles from the shithole, couldn’t sell 38,000 for a playoff final? We never had the opportunity to have unsold tickets from other clubs as they always sold out. Obv we sold out v Barnsley for our first visit, I went to that one.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 13:20]
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 13:21 - Nov 5 with 1498 viewsbennytheblue

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 21:24 - Nov 4 by Lohengrin

Sheffield United away in the FA Cup back in 2006 was massive, thinking back.

Decent following that for back then. Not the closest trip
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 16:56 - Nov 5 with 1440 viewsLohengrin

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 13:21 - Nov 5 by bennytheblue

Decent following that for back then. Not the closest trip

It is a long way, mate. Freezing cold too, if memory serves.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 18:10 - Nov 5 with 1413 viewsWhiterockin

How many did we have at Ninian Park for the Palace cup game?

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 19:41 - Nov 5 with 1363 viewsTenbySwan

When Toshack side went to Old Trafford in the first couple of weeks after promotion.
We had one end and it was packed out. Everyone sang the Welsh national anthem before kick off and the rest of OT applauded fair play,

No tickets in those days, you just turned up and paid, (cash, no plastic either!)

We lost 1 0 to a Gary Birtles goal, the only bloody goal he scored for them I think !
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 20:06 - Nov 5 with 1354 viewsdonnybackspin

I remember that game well, got locked outside and ended up in hospital with 20 stitches in my head... beaten up by Maggies Boot Boys who thought it would be fun to ride through us on horse back hitting us with truncheons!!!
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 20:56 - Nov 5 with 1333 views1983

Mansfield away circa 2002 one of those weird followings when we turned up in big numbers the game got called off and we all got miscombobulated in Mansfield as the Police tried breaking us all up and wanted us to feck off to Nottingham out of Mansfield with the majority of us 90-100 Jacks going to Nottingham on the lash and getting held back as Forest were playing Barnsley at home as the 30 boys in 2 mini buses slipped through the net and decided going home via Canton as we all the know the story there. It would have been a load different if we are left together

Gary Jack would give a better account of this day I was on his coach
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 21:00]

Login to get fewer ads

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 10:38 - Nov 6 with 1224 viewsKeithHaynes

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 20:56 - Nov 5 by 1983

Mansfield away circa 2002 one of those weird followings when we turned up in big numbers the game got called off and we all got miscombobulated in Mansfield as the Police tried breaking us all up and wanted us to feck off to Nottingham out of Mansfield with the majority of us 90-100 Jacks going to Nottingham on the lash and getting held back as Forest were playing Barnsley at home as the 30 boys in 2 mini buses slipped through the net and decided going home via Canton as we all the know the story there. It would have been a load different if we are left together

Gary Jack would give a better account of this day I was on his coach
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 21:00]

I do believe NL could as well 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 11:41 - Nov 6 with 1184 viewsNotLoyal

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 10:38 - Nov 6 by KeithHaynes

I do believe NL could as well 😂

Shhhhhhh, fictional Ben will reappear and revere us with how he knows someone who spoke to someone who was near to someone in tesco express that night who saw it all.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 11:44 - Nov 6 with 1175 viewsonehunglow

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 19:41 - Nov 5 by TenbySwan

When Toshack side went to Old Trafford in the first couple of weeks after promotion.
We had one end and it was packed out. Everyone sang the Welsh national anthem before kick off and the rest of OT applauded fair play,

No tickets in those days, you just turned up and paid, (cash, no plastic either!)

We lost 1 0 to a Gary Birtles goal, the only bloody goal he scored for them I think !

Rembervthat too. He hadn’t scored for a long time

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 12:22 - Nov 6 with 1158 viewsKeithHaynes

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 19:41 - Nov 5 by TenbySwan

Another game I recall well. Mate of mine had his studded leather belt taken off him before the game by the police. The copper ran after him with it in his hand after the game saying he had been looking for him for ages to get it back to him. I remember the Birtles goal, right in front of us top corner. Def his first goal for them or first for ages.

Should have won that day.

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 12:28 - Nov 6 with 1151 viewspencoedjack

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 11:41 - Nov 6 by NotLoyal

Shhhhhhh, fictional Ben will reappear and revere us with how he knows someone who spoke to someone who was near to someone in tesco express that night who saw it all.

This ^
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 13:38 - Nov 6 with 1097 viewsdna

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 12:22 - Nov 6 by KeithHaynes

Another game I recall well. Mate of mine had his studded leather belt taken off him before the game by the police. The copper ran after him with it in his hand after the game saying he had been looking for him for ages to get it back to him. I remember the Birtles goal, right in front of us top corner. Def his first goal for them or first for ages.

Right behind the goal that day Birtles scored and Gary Bailey saved an identical Robbie James effort 2nd half

Very unpleasant chanting that day - Utd fans Aberfan and some Swans responding with Munich - not nice
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 14:50 - Nov 6 with 1062 viewscontroversial_jack

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 11:08 - Nov 5 by dna

Liverpool - the Shankly game, literally couldn't move and loads locked out

Yes, that was a huge following, what a mob out that day too. I was locked out and couldn't get in as it was pay on the day then. Not sure how many we took, I heard 12k, but I doubt that.
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 16:09 - Nov 6 with 1036 viewsswan85

Bury away was a corker. Went with a mate of mine who is a Bristol City fan and was doing all 92 league grounds. We were in the home end. I said to him I can’t be having this, plus it will be much more fun in our end. So we asked a steward that we were in the wrong end……how did you get these was the question then took us out the ground - we thought we were being kicked out before a ball was kicked. Fortunately he took us in to our end!
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 16:18 - Nov 6 with 1030 viewscontroversial_jack

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 20:06 - Nov 5 by donnybackspin

I remember that game well, got locked outside and ended up in hospital with 20 stitches in my head... beaten up by Maggies Boot Boys who thought it would be fun to ride through us on horse back hitting us with truncheons!!!

Were you there by the Shankly gates, when Thatchers bouncers charged on horseback with truncheons swinging? I guess i moved quicker than you that day.

My mistake, I thought you were referring to the Liverpool game.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2021 16:21]
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 19:28 - Nov 6 with 979 viewsThrasher6

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 12:22 - Nov 6 by KeithHaynes

Curtis missed a sitter of a header....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:12 - Nov 6 with 946 viewsKilkennyjack

Wigan was mid week.
Swans vs Palace @ Cardiff was mid week.

Both had huge followings all things considered.

Millenium Stadium twice in six weeks, also outstanding.

🖤🤍

Beware of the Risen People

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 00:58 - Nov 7 with 926 viewsmax936

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 11:08 - Nov 5 by dna

Liverpool - the Shankly game, literally couldn't move and loads locked out

Spot on, I was with my now lovely wife and a couple of her brothers after the game, we had to high tail it back to the bus as they were chasing us, they caught up with some of my fellow passengers outside the bus, I managed to force myself back off the bus to help and we all got back on safely and away we went.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 01:02 - Nov 7 with 925 viewsmax936

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 11:41 - Nov 6 by NotLoyal

Nah, it was Waitrose, yes it was definitely Waitrose

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 08:30 - Nov 9 with 806 viewsowainglyndwr

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 22:10 - Nov 4 by bennytheblue

How? We sold out Wembley every time, the final v Pompey is still the record attendance I believe.
I was at the Carlisle game here, hardly everywhere were you, the south end of st Mary street you mean yeah? It always amazed me back in the day how we would take twice what you brought to us.

Swans at Onion Park 1980 or 81
6000 Jack's
Also swans fans all around your ground ..
I'm sure someone can accommodate me and post a video of that game ...
Jack's jumping up and down all over the place
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 10:08 - Nov 9 with 766 viewsKeithHaynes

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 08:30 - Nov 9 by owainglyndwr

Swans at Onion Park 1980 or 81
6000 Jack's
Also swans fans all around your ground ..
I'm sure someone can accommodate me and post a video of that game ...
Jack's jumping up and down all over the place

Estimated 8-10k away that day.

Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 11:07 - Nov 9 with 732 viewsGeoffThom

We all know the score just watch the enclosure and stands when both sides score ,mainly us
Biggest Away Following with the Swans … on 11:09 - Nov 9 with 731 viewsGeoffThom

I've been to most massive away support with us ,but the one that stands out was Liverpool we could have filled the anfield Rd end on our own which was thousands .
We were everywhere that day
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024