Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia invade Ukraine 14:17 - Dec 23 with 147717 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Discuss.

Also why is Putin always described in the media as this rugged strongman? He’s barely five foot tall with his high heels on.

But that’s another debate.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russia invade Ukraine on 11:00 - Feb 26 with 1258 viewsKilkennyjack

Yet Patel has refused to give Ukrainian women and children refugees visas. Basically blocking them from the UK. EU countries are compassionate. UK are nasty racist unts (Brexit Loons)

Beware of the Risen People

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:02 - Feb 26 with 1247 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:37 - Feb 26 by controversial_jack

Turkey won't close off the black sea, they have stated this

We’ll see.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:03 - Feb 26 with 1210 viewsonehunglow

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:55 - Feb 25 by jack_lord

What happens next Keith? Would we be seen as aggressors if we put one of our carriers out in the Black sea. In this game of chess we need to get the Other on Alert in the North sea on exercise. Similarly the French can utilise their fleet in an exercise capacity.
The Russian public are not behind this and 20 years has made Putin think he is invincible. The new generation of Ruskis has enjoyed the modern world and maybe they are the key that will unlock the madness.

Maybe they should flood the streets of every Russian city and protest .They cant kill all of the demonstrators .
Maybe Corbin Abbott etc could reason with Putin .
Putin wants to go back to the USSR days

He has said as much

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:17 - Feb 26 with 1204 viewstrampie

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:10 - Feb 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Russia has massive financial interests and ties with Cyprus. The Cypriots need Russia to prevent any further Turkish incursions. Russia will soon be Locke into conflict with Turkey when the Turks attempt to close off the Black Sea. Greece and Cyprus will also get dragged into this.

Things change fast, now the horror of war is hitting home, initially I reckon Turkey would have been told don't close the Bosphorus otherwise things could escalate between NATO and Russia, Turkey being in NATO the game up to this point seems to be let Russia do what it is going to do to Ukraine let it play out and hope that is the end of it.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:42 - Feb 26 with 1191 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Russia invade Ukraine on 09:04 - Feb 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Thankfully we hardly touch Russian gas . Europe could be in a bit of a fix if the Russians decide to turn it off though.

Germany and Italy totally dependent on one source of fuel from a country outside of their influence, you wonder about the bad strategic decisions that have been made there and elsewhere.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Russia invade Ukraine on 14:54 - Feb 26 with 1153 viewscontroversial_jack

Meanwhile, the US bombs Somalia

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2022/02/25/us-bombed-somalia-amid-russian-inva
Russia invade Ukraine on 16:25 - Feb 26 with 1123 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:00 - Feb 26 by Kilkennyjack

Yet Patel has refused to give Ukrainian women and children refugees visas. Basically blocking them from the UK. EU countries are compassionate. UK are nasty racist unts (Brexit Loons)

Do you ever post anything positive about the country you live in. Must be draining for you tbh.
Russia invade Ukraine on 16:27 - Feb 26 with 1121 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:17 - Feb 26 by trampie

Things change fast, now the horror of war is hitting home, initially I reckon Turkey would have been told don't close the Bosphorus otherwise things could escalate between NATO and Russia, Turkey being in NATO the game up to this point seems to be let Russia do what it is going to do to Ukraine let it play out and hope that is the end of it.

Seems that way. It'll be the long game by the looks of it.
Login to get fewer ads

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:39 - Feb 26 with 1118 viewsDr_Winston

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:42 - Feb 26 by JACKMANANDBOY

Germany and Italy totally dependent on one source of fuel from a country outside of their influence, you wonder about the bad strategic decisions that have been made there and elsewhere.

Germany's decision to shut down most of its nuclear reactors in order to depend upon Russian energy sources is looking increasingly idiotic. Their reaction to the invasion has been half hearted at best.

The start of Covid showed the errors behind global supply chains, be it for energy or for goods. The UK Govt has to take steps to become as self sufficient in as many critical areas as possible.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:02 - Feb 26 with 1102 viewsjack_lord

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:39 - Feb 26 by Dr_Winston

Germany's decision to shut down most of its nuclear reactors in order to depend upon Russian energy sources is looking increasingly idiotic. Their reaction to the invasion has been half hearted at best.

The start of Covid showed the errors behind global supply chains, be it for energy or for goods. The UK Govt has to take steps to become as self sufficient in as many critical areas as possible.

For me, that last sentence is bang on the money.
I have a new kitchen coming and maybe i should go for an electric hob instead.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:22 - Feb 26 with 1086 viewsDr_Winston

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:02 - Feb 26 by jack_lord

For me, that last sentence is bang on the money.
I have a new kitchen coming and maybe i should go for an electric hob instead.

I did.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:15 - Feb 26 with 1044 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:22 - Feb 26 by Dr_Winston

I did.

We did too. I was banging the same drum as you after Brexit. We need to grow more of our own food, be capable of making and supplying much more of our own goods.

Relying on Russia and China so much has made them feel strong and made us weak in too many areas.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:38 - Feb 26 with 1039 viewsfelixstowe_jack

9 European countries have put restrictions on Russian planes using their airspace. The four biggest Germany, France Spain and Italy yet to act.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:38 - Feb 26 with 1039 viewsDr_Winston

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:15 - Feb 26 by Catullus

We did too. I was banging the same drum as you after Brexit. We need to grow more of our own food, be capable of making and supplying much more of our own goods.

Relying on Russia and China so much has made them feel strong and made us weak in too many areas.

Absolutely. Or at least, have the capacity to do so if needed.

We need to secure our own energy supplies as much as possible. Be that nuclear, renewable or whatever. After that comes food and steel. Forming/Maintaining good working relationships with India and Africa as a potential manufacturing base would also work.

The Chinese have already worked out that they won't be the sweatshop of the World forever, just as the UK wasn't the longer the Industrial Revolution went on. They've already made huge inroads into securing their own outsourcing.

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:57 - Feb 26 with 998 viewsJack123

I was thinking, we need a hardcore leader.

From what I have read, Putin knows Nato can take him out, but uses the Nuclear threat.. Well somebody wants to say, we will nuke you

Personally I don't mind, otherwise do what you want, just because you can use a nuke..

Hopefully high level diplomacy will be done, but fck this ratbag nuke threating..

It needs someone with balls to say right , I don't give a hoot about your nukes, you will get them back to Russia, and fck off out of the Ukraine, you have a day to withdraw otherwise it's goodnight irene you short assed tw*t.

libera nos a malo

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:36 - Feb 26 with 964 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:57 - Feb 26 by Jack123

From what I have read, Putin knows Nato can take him out, but uses the Nuclear threat.. Well somebody wants to say, we will nuke you

Personally I don't mind, otherwise do what you want, just because you can use a nuke..

Hopefully high level diplomacy will be done, but fck this ratbag nuke threating..

It needs someone with balls to say right , I don't give a hoot about your nukes, you will get them back to Russia, and fck off out of the Ukraine, you have a day to withdraw otherwise it's goodnight irene you short assed tw*t.

I wouldn’t quite go that far. But I’d love to see putins reaction if half a million American troops started gathering on the west coast of Alaska for “drills”.
Russia invade Ukraine on 21:55 - Feb 26 with 945 viewsKilkennyjack

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:25 - Feb 26 by Treforys_Jack

Do you ever post anything positive about the country you live in. Must be draining for you tbh.

Lots of times.

Delighted Cymru outscored England 3 tries to 1 at the egg.

What are you proud of ?

Does the happy clapping drain you ? 🇬🇧

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:00 - Feb 26 with 934 viewsmajorraglan

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:38 - Feb 26 by Dr_Winston

Absolutely. Or at least, have the capacity to do so if needed.

We need to secure our own energy supplies as much as possible. Be that nuclear, renewable or whatever. After that comes food and steel. Forming/Maintaining good working relationships with India and Africa as a potential manufacturing base would also work.

The Chinese have already worked out that they won't be the sweatshop of the World forever, just as the UK wasn't the longer the Industrial Revolution went on. They've already made huge inroads into securing their own outsourcing.

Agree about loads of the points you make, the last few years have shown that we need to be self sufficient in certain areas. The concern I have is that we have had a succession of governments who either don't want to make the big calls and invest or want to leave it to “market forces” which isn’t good enough. Security of energy supply is crucial and our 2 new nuclear power stations are owned by the French and Chinese!
Was talking to someone over the last week about solar and the poor feed in tariffs paid to the public for generating electric and putting it back in to the grid. I was stunned to hear tariffs were being kept low because the national grid would struggle to cope! I was told the NG needed investment, but National Grid didn’t want to at pay for the work, neither did HMG and neither do the local power distribution companies! With the dive towards electric cars etc, we need to be able to generate and deliver far more electricity and it seems there’s no appetite to improve the infrastructure. It’s madness.
Russia invade Ukraine on 22:25 - Feb 26 with 920 viewsDr_Winston

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:00 - Feb 26 by majorraglan

Agree about loads of the points you make, the last few years have shown that we need to be self sufficient in certain areas. The concern I have is that we have had a succession of governments who either don't want to make the big calls and invest or want to leave it to “market forces” which isn’t good enough. Security of energy supply is crucial and our 2 new nuclear power stations are owned by the French and Chinese!
Was talking to someone over the last week about solar and the poor feed in tariffs paid to the public for generating electric and putting it back in to the grid. I was stunned to hear tariffs were being kept low because the national grid would struggle to cope! I was told the NG needed investment, but National Grid didn’t want to at pay for the work, neither did HMG and neither do the local power distribution companies! With the dive towards electric cars etc, we need to be able to generate and deliver far more electricity and it seems there’s no appetite to improve the infrastructure. It’s madness.

It's not just Governments. People are addicted to cheap shit made abroad. If a UK manufactured iPhone cost twice as much as one produced in a Shenzhen hellhole then most people would plump for the latter. Including me if I'm being honest.

There needs to be a seismic shift in attitudes in the West.

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:40 - Feb 26 with 891 viewsKilkennyjack

This sounds meaningful 🙏🏿

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️🇺🇦

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:48 - Feb 26 with 873 viewsJack123

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:36 - Feb 26 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I wouldn’t quite go that far. But I’d love to see putins reaction if half a million American troops started gathering on the west coast of Alaska for “drills”.

I wouldn't like to go that far either, but if he thinks he can do what he wants, well he needs a strong hand back..

I feel so sorry for them, but obviously someone who can talk sense to both sides, needs to patch this up..

I hope so.

libera nos a malo

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:49 - Feb 26 with 870 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:57 - Feb 26 by Jack123

Also out of all our recent leaders I think Boris is probably bonkers enough to go further than most. He’s always fancied himself as a latter day Churchill. Being a war leader might suit him better than standing at a podium telling people to wash their hands day after day. Or his brinkmanship might bring humanity ever closer to mutually assured destruction. Who knows? Fun times ahead…
Russia invade Ukraine on 22:51 - Feb 26 with 864 viewsmajorraglan

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:40 - Feb 26 by Kilkennyjack

This sounds meaningful 🙏🏿

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️🇺🇦

The Chinese have developed a system to rival SWIFT, if Russia is able to access to access it and trade then removal from SWIFT may not deliver the intended results.
A collapse in the value of the rouble will make everything the Russians purchase much more expensive, but the big earner is the income from gas.
Let’s hope a swift peaceful resolution can be salvaged from this terrible situation.
Russia invade Ukraine on 23:56 - Feb 26 with 841 viewsjack_lord

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:49 - Feb 26 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Also out of all our recent leaders I think Boris is probably bonkers enough to go further than most. He’s always fancied himself as a latter day Churchill. Being a war leader might suit him better than standing at a podium telling people to wash their hands day after day. Or his brinkmanship might bring humanity ever closer to mutually assured destruction. Who knows? Fun times ahead…

He can start by getting a number 2 cut.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Russia invade Ukraine on 01:27 - Feb 27 with 798 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:55 - Feb 26 by Kilkennyjack

Lots of times.

Delighted Cymru outscored England 3 tries to 1 at the egg.

What are you proud of ?

Does the happy clapping drain you ? 🇬🇧

Are you Welsh, Irish or a mongrel like the rest of us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024