Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED 02:41 - Apr 12 with 16447 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the a Good Friday game, and the chance for another doube. Yes, the doube is on again. Not like the Cardiff doube, but a doube all the same.

This thread has been brought to you by ‘Doube’ The history making word with one L of an impact.

The Officials
ANDY WOOLMER 👀
Robert Hyde and Natalie Aspinall
Fourth Official : Charles Breakspear

First Swans game Woolmer officiates this season, he is the referee Steve Cooper made allegations against of having issues with him and Swansea City. He was the fourth official which brought about a whole lot of touchline reporting when Ryan Manning was sent off against Fulham. Thereafter he was involved in reporting Swansea City for a variety of infringements on and off the pitch. Despite Fulham committing similar and in some cases far worse touchline issues which were overlooked. Let’s hope Woolmer comes to Swansea with clarity and an independent view.

Latest **

Swansea City play against a team today who have won one game away all season 15th Apr 2022 10:48
Barnsley visit the Swansea.com today in a similar position to Derby County last weekend. They simply are running out of game time to save their season. Some will say that ship has long sailed and the tykes will merely play out their remaining games with only prove at stake. 0

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Joel Latibeaudiere; Cyrus Christie, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Hannes Wolf; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson; Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Olivier Ntcham, Kyle Joseph, Nathanael Ogbeta, Cameron Congreve.

Barnsley: Jack Walton, Liam Kitching, Mads Andersen (captain), Callum Brittain, Carlton Morris, Claudio Gomes, Romal Palmer, Remy Vita, Amine Bassi, Domingos Quina, Matty Wolfe.

Substitutes: Daniel Jinadu, Callum Styles, Cauley Woodrow, Aaron Leya Iseka, Jasper Moon, William Hondermarck, Victor Adeboyejo.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 12:09 - Apr 14 with 1073 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 11:43 - Apr 14 by magicdaps10

If we win Saturday, we could then potentially be 5 points off the play offs with a game in hand.......at this moment in time it is not a time to experiment with young untested players at this level.

I think it speaks volumes that a season of transition as ultimately at this stage of the season given us believe that we could possibly get a play off spot, myself personally think it's a step too far but I am not Foolish enough to think that it might be on. The game Friday is a make or break one for me, its not going to be easy against a team practically in last chance saloon so won't go down easily.

Win Friday and the play off talk will heighten.
Lose and then we can talk about looking at certain players in the remaining games.

Write Barnsley off at your peril.

What it shows is if this squad had been properly managed we could have achieved far more.

I know it opinions ut had RM played the winning style he found last October....then not messed about dropping Cabango for Manning and putting Lati as wing back instead of Bidwell at Birmingham maybe the run would have been better?

I wouldnt write Barnsley off as we all know the championship does throw up some silly results....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 12:53 - Apr 14 with 1029 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 12:09 - Apr 14 by vetchonian

What it shows is if this squad had been properly managed we could have achieved far more.

I know it opinions ut had RM played the winning style he found last October....then not messed about dropping Cabango for Manning and putting Lati as wing back instead of Bidwell at Birmingham maybe the run would have been better?

I wouldnt write Barnsley off as we all know the championship does throw up some silly results....

It's all hyperthetical and there is no real answer how it could have panned out, not everything is as black and white although I see your points, it's certainly not a given nor could I say what you say is not valid.

The only thing I know, we can't go putting in Joseph and/or Ogbeta for the game Friday when a win could really open up the possibilities. If Martin did do this then I would certainly be the first to question it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 13:06 - Apr 14 with 1011 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 12:53 - Apr 14 by magicdaps10

It's all hyperthetical and there is no real answer how it could have panned out, not everything is as black and white although I see your points, it's certainly not a given nor could I say what you say is not valid.

The only thing I know, we can't go putting in Joseph and/or Ogbeta for the game Friday when a win could really open up the possibilities. If Martin did do this then I would certainly be the first to question it.

But why now are we so concerned about possibly getting to the play offs?

There has been much debate about our inability to survive if we go up?

Surely we are better trying these players now..using what is left of the transition season to find out if Ogebeta and Joseph have it?

WOlf has been filling the berth that Ogebeta was bought to fill...as WOlf was planned to be Pato's replacement but he didnt go.

I rather try Ogebeta at wing back on Friday and put WOlf in Pato's place.

Pato has been good but if you watch back our games he loses the ball a lot in possession it seems it easy to win the ball off him maybe instead of extending his contract we let him go and keep Wolf...now is the time to try things the play offs are a dream to be honest we have a mountain to climb our goal difference is a killer...plus as has been pointed out elsewhere our great run of form has come against sides who are not "performing" ...

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 13:11 - Apr 14 with 993 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 13:06 - Apr 14 by vetchonian

Surely we are better trying these players now..using what is left of the transition season to find out if Ogebeta and Joseph have it?

WOlf has been filling the berth that Ogebeta was bought to fill...as WOlf was planned to be Pato's replacement but he didnt go.

Pato has been good but if you watch back our games he loses the ball a lot in possession it seems it easy to win the ball off him maybe instead of extending his contract we let him go and keep Wolf...now is the time to try things the play offs are a dream to be honest we have a mountain to climb our goal difference is a killer...plus as has been pointed out elsewhere our great run of form has come against sides who are not "performing" ...

It's a transition season when we are on a bad run and a play off pushing season when we are good one.

This is why they don't exist.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 13:25 - Apr 14 with 988 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 13:06 - Apr 14 by vetchonian

We are coming around the last bend of this plan and it looks like the players are getting it, if the carrot is being dangled once the plan is virtually being completed then we have to take the opportunity.
The beginning of the season was building the blocks to create the structure, of course there were going to bad moments along the way. Fridays game is going to be a divining moment in the season, win and it really opens things up, lose and then we can think about bringing younger players in.

When you have time and no opportunities then what you say can be done, Friday is not that moment.

I don't want to post again but in reply to Dr P post.... Its almost like when we lose its because we are playing Martinball AND when we win its because he is playing a different style.
You have to be consistent in your posting otherwise it has no substance and just creates the tit for tat that we have become all too familiar with on here.

Just my opinion with no offence meant.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 13:38 - Apr 14 with 965 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 13:25 - Apr 14 by magicdaps10

We are coming around the last bend of this plan and it looks like the players are getting it, if the carrot is being dangled once the plan is virtually being completed then we have to take the opportunity.
The beginning of the season was building the blocks to create the structure, of course there were going to bad moments along the way. Fridays game is going to be a divining moment in the season, win and it really opens things up, lose and then we can think about bringing younger players in.

When you have time and no opportunities then what you say can be done, Friday is not that moment.

I don't want to post again but in reply to Dr P post.... Its almost like when we lose its because we are playing Martinball AND when we win its because he is playing a different style.
You have to be consistent in your posting otherwise it has no substance and just creates the tit for tat that we have become all too familiar with on here.

WE have won when playing "MArtinball" too but what we have seen in the last 3 games was not the Martin ball we started with...I have highlighted some of the tweaks but yet so many want to believe we are where we are as the penny has dropped with the players despite so many obvious changes in tactics.

I find it amusing that now we are talking of being play off contenders I really do

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 13:53 - Apr 14 with 928 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 13:25 - Apr 14 by magicdaps10

That is a comment based on nothing though isn't it, certainly not reality.

We beat Millwall - clearly Martinball.
We beat Barnsley away - clearly Martinball
We beat Cardiff home - clearly Martinball

Whenever we win under Martinball I state so. I have been consistent in this from day 1.

Do you disagree then?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 14:07 - Apr 14 with 921 viewsDr_Parnassus

For the avoidance of doubt:-

Martinball victory:-

Adapted system victory:-

The differences are incredibly clear.

If you would like be to break down the difference in patterns of play I can do that also.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 14:08 - Apr 14 with 927 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 13:53 - Apr 14 by Dr_Parnassus

That is a comment based on nothing though isn't it, certainly not reality.

We beat Millwall - clearly Martinball.
We beat Barnsley away - clearly Martinball
We beat Cardiff home - clearly Martinball

Whenever we win under Martinball I state so. I have been consistent in this from day 1.

Do you disagree then?

Why would you need me to verify what I think to you, you don't need my seal of approval do you!?

You have said your piece, it's your view and thats fair enough.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 14:10 - Apr 14 with 924 viewsSTID2017

I said this last Saturday at he game.
When we lose certain posters blame Martin, his tactics, etc.
When we win, it's down to the players, Martin changing, learning, etc,.
Yet last Saturday the team (playing the same way mind) could have lost or at the very least drawn, not through any change in tactics, etc but purely at the behest of the officials.
Then Martin would have had pelters.
Yet certain posters (clearly from what you are posting here ) would still insist they nailed it from day one and only now Martin is listening to them.
Can't make it up mun ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 14:17 - Apr 14 with 908 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 14:21 - Apr 14 with 902 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 14:17 - Apr 14 by jackharris

Good news
Fill yer boots

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 14:29 - Apr 14 with 871 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 14:10 - Apr 14 by STID2017

I said this last Saturday at he game.
When we lose certain posters blame Martin, his tactics, etc.
When we win, it's down to the players, Martin changing, learning, etc,.
Yet last Saturday the team (playing the same way mind) could have lost or at the very least drawn, not through any change in tactics, etc but purely at the behest of the officials.
Then Martin would have had pelters.
Yet certain posters (clearly from what you are posting here ) would still insist they nailed it from day one and only now Martin is listening to them.
Can't make it up mun ...

I don't understand why this has been dragged up yet again.
It started out a discussion regards Wether Joseph and/or Ogbeta should start tomorrow against Barnsley and now another thread goes off topic about being right or wrong in non relevance to tomorrow's game.

Its getting stupid again. I can't fathom why it's being done all the time.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 14:30 - Apr 14 with 859 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 14:08 - Apr 14 by magicdaps10

Why would you need me to verify what I think to you, you don't need my seal of approval do you!?

You have said your piece, it's your view and thats fair enough.

Because you made an incorrect statement which I just showed was incorrect, I have been entirely consistent with what I am saying and have demonstrably shown that I have said Martinball has got us the victory when it has.

I was just interested if you would walk back the false accusation once it was proven to be such.

I guess not.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 14:35 - Apr 14 with 848 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 14:29 - Apr 14 by magicdaps10

I don't understand why this has been dragged up yet again.
It started out a discussion regards Wether Joseph and/or Ogbeta should start tomorrow against Barnsley and now another thread goes off topic about being right or wrong in non relevance to tomorrow's game.

Its getting stupid again. I can't fathom why it's being done all the time.

Back on your question.
I don't think any team would field anything less than their strongest side while there is the slightest chance they could reach the play offs.
If / when we lose and it becomes a mathematical impossibility then is the time for giving some fringe players an opportunity.
I think Martin regards Downes as a better option over Grimes, so tomorrow will be telling.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 14:42 - Apr 14 with 836 viewsSTID2017

Tomorrow is our last opportunity to achieve another league "Doube" this season
Could be a banana skin. but I feel confident we will be professional and do the job.
4 - 0 for me
COYS !!

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 15:01 - Apr 14 with 806 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 14:17 - Apr 14 by jackharris

Sounds like they have released more and also seen sense to pay on the day. At last. Great news.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 15:29 - Apr 14 with 776 viewsmagicdaps10

So let's reverse here and let's go back to the original point rather than going over old ground time and time again that always ends up with aggro on here and I am not prepared to bring the place down with Childish antics.

So

Would you start Ogbeta and Joseph tommorow?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 15:35 - Apr 14 with 773 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 15:01 - Apr 14 by builthjack

Sounds like they have released more and also seen sense to pay on the day. At last. Great news.

Looks like they have released tickets in two blocks in the North West corner of the ground plus a few in West stand usually associated with hospitality packages.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 15:38 - Apr 14 with 771 viewsmagicdaps10

Cracking call that, it boosts the crown and brings it extra revenue.

Not given my prediction for tomorrow, battling 2-1 victory.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 15:49 - Apr 14 with 763 viewsjasper_T

"“I think there will be lots of changes over the two games, but we are in a good place physically and mentally."

Good to see Russell still reading this forum and taking on advice from fans.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 16:00 - Apr 14 with 749 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 15:29 - Apr 14 by magicdaps10

So let's reverse here and let's go back to the original point rather than going over old ground time and time again that always ends up with aggro on here and I am not prepared to bring the place down with Childish antics.

So

Would you start Ogbeta and Joseph tommorow?

You can’t just accuse people of things and then “reverse” when you get caught out.

You have been abusing people for the last 6 months for stating we have a play off side. You have been beating the “transition season” drum.

Now you want to throw away our last transition games and go for the play offs.

This is why you get the reaction you do on here.

Now if only we realised that we were good enough for the play offs 5 months ago eh? Instead of going on about this transition rubbish.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 16:17 - Apr 14 with 737 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 16:00 - Apr 14 by Dr_Parnassus

You can’t just accuse people of things and then “reverse” when you get caught out.

You have been abusing people for the last 6 months for stating we have a play off side. You have been beating the “transition season” drum.

Now you want to throw away our last transition games and go for the play offs.

This is why you get the reaction you do on here.

Now if only we realised that we were good enough for the play offs 5 months ago eh? Instead of going on about this transition rubbish.

The transition is working well, well enough to suggest that we have an outside chance for the play offs.

If we hadn't have built the foundation and just jumped straight to the end of the plan then it could be a case that we are not where we are today, possibly not but it's all guess work at this point.

We weren't good enough for the play offs 5 months but the improvements in the players and the team have brought us where we are today in my opinion.

I won't be patronising enough here and now to say you are wrong but there is no proof in what you are stating to suggest we woukd be in the play offs or even where we are now.

You can compare where we were 5/6months ago to where we are now, it's non comparable for so many reasons.

Again back to the the original point in regards to this thread now I have given my opinion.
Would you start Ogbeta and/or Joseph tomorrow???

Please don't make it a personal thing and let's discuss the point at hand, tomorrow's game and team selection.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 16:55 - Apr 14 with 709 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 16:17 - Apr 14 by magicdaps10

The transition is working well, well enough to suggest that we have an outside chance for the play offs.

If we hadn't have built the foundation and just jumped straight to the end of the plan then it could be a case that we are not where we are today, possibly not but it's all guess work at this point.

We weren't good enough for the play offs 5 months but the improvements in the players and the team have brought us where we are today in my opinion.

I won't be patronising enough here and now to say you are wrong but there is no proof in what you are stating to suggest we woukd be in the play offs or even where we are now.

You can compare where we were 5/6months ago to where we are now, it's non comparable for so many reasons.

Again back to the the original point in regards to this thread now I have given my opinion.
Would you start Ogbeta and/or Joseph tomorrow???

Please don't make it a personal thing and let's discuss the point at hand, tomorrow's game and team selection.

What foundation? A foundation would suggest a building, not a taking away.

We already knew how to play direct football. Why are we having this conversation again when we have had it around nine times already?

We went from 400 passes a game, 50% possession and 15% long balls last season to 800 passes, 75% possession with 4% long balls this season.

We have now scrapped a lot of that and tried to find a happy medium. That’s not a foundation it’s a correction.

We now have around 55%-60% possession, 550 passes and 12% long balls.

The above is not something we had to learn to do, we were doing it anyway. This transition rubbish was an excuse for mediocrity because people did not want to criticise what deserved criticism.

There has been no building, no foundation, no transition… just a style which was horrific and didn’t work to now a scrapping of that and a more sensible middle ground. We sometimes revert back to the former against really bad sides, Barnsley I’m expecting to be no exception.

We have always been good enough for the play offs and still are now. But we have probably left it too late with Martin faffing around with his Mk Dons style for the majority of the season scratching his head as to why it still wasn’t working.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 17:27 - Apr 14 with 883 viewsmagicdaps10

It would be nice to have an answer to what I asked that was in relation to the match day thread Si, I am not going to get it am I!?

Thread ruined is nearly there, I partly blame myself for trying to get it back on course by seeing if I can get the opinion from him to then get it returned to the match day thread.

If I continue then surely he will just carrying on ignoring the question and pull it in the direction he wants and not the direction of what the thread was set out for.

Back on the game, team I would expect us the same as Saturday but Downes coming in for Fulton.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024