Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED 02:41 - Apr 12 with 16451 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the a Good Friday game, and the chance for another doube. Yes, the doube is on again. Not like the Cardiff doube, but a doube all the same.

This thread has been brought to you by ‘Doube’ The history making word with one L of an impact.

The Officials
ANDY WOOLMER 👀
Robert Hyde and Natalie Aspinall
Fourth Official : Charles Breakspear

First Swans game Woolmer officiates this season, he is the referee Steve Cooper made allegations against of having issues with him and Swansea City. He was the fourth official which brought about a whole lot of touchline reporting when Ryan Manning was sent off against Fulham. Thereafter he was involved in reporting Swansea City for a variety of infringements on and off the pitch. Despite Fulham committing similar and in some cases far worse touchline issues which were overlooked. Let’s hope Woolmer comes to Swansea with clarity and an independent view.

Latest **

Swansea City play against a team today who have won one game away all season 15th Apr 2022 10:48
Barnsley visit the Swansea.com today in a similar position to Derby County last weekend. They simply are running out of game time to save their season. Some will say that ship has long sailed and the tykes will merely play out their remaining games with only prove at stake. 0

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Joel Latibeaudiere; Cyrus Christie, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Hannes Wolf; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson; Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Olivier Ntcham, Kyle Joseph, Nathanael Ogbeta, Cameron Congreve.

Barnsley: Jack Walton, Liam Kitching, Mads Andersen (captain), Callum Brittain, Carlton Morris, Claudio Gomes, Romal Palmer, Remy Vita, Amine Bassi, Domingos Quina, Matty Wolfe.

Substitutes: Daniel Jinadu, Callum Styles, Cauley Woodrow, Aaron Leya Iseka, Jasper Moon, William Hondermarck, Victor Adeboyejo.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:30 - Apr 14 with 1477 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:24 - Apr 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Are you really trolling about a poster dying? That’s truly disturbing.

Where is that hotline to Hades when it’s needed?

Well i thought it was a pretty factual post is anything about it untrue you may cease to exist at any time just like anyone meaning you will never have the last word and you know nothing about Tennis.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 19:33]
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:32 - Apr 14 with 1439 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:30 - Apr 14 by shingle

Well i thought it was a pretty factual post is anything about it untrue you may cease to exist at any time just like anyone meaning you will never have the last word and you know nothing about Tennis.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 19:33]

I know it doesn’t start with a capital T.

That’s for starters.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:35 - Apr 14 with 1445 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:32 - Apr 14 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s for starters.

wHAT
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:36 - Apr 14 with 1415 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:35 - Apr 14 by shingle

wHAT

You really want me to repeat a post that you can just read again?

I said:

That’s for starters.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:39 - Apr 14 with 1434 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:36 - Apr 14 by Dr_Parnassus

You really want me to repeat a post that you can just read again?

I said:

That’s for starters.

Can you repeat it just one more time.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 19:39]
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:40 - Apr 14 with 1398 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:39 - Apr 14 by shingle

Can you repeat it just one more time.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 19:39]

No, you will have to learn to read.

When you learn how to type the word then we can teach you more about it.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 20:04 - Apr 14 with 1360 viewsNotLoyal

This is a thread about Swansea City’s game tomorrow.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 20:10 - Apr 14 with 1354 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 20:04 - Apr 14 by NotLoyal

This is a thread about Swansea City’s game tomorrow.

Could you remind me again, what was that " simple message regarding this site"?.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 20:13 - Apr 14 with 1338 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 20:10 - Apr 14 by swan_si

Could you remind me again, what was that " simple message regarding this site"?.

Ask the person who posted it.
Like other sites he needs people like your good self to remain supportive.
I’m sure your continued support will be most welcome.

I’ve just looked at the message that was more about the freakish posts on other mediums.

Patience.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 20:24 - Apr 14 with 1314 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 20:13 - Apr 14 by NotLoyal

Ask the person who posted it.
Like other sites he needs people like your good self to remain supportive.
I’m sure your continued support will be most welcome.

I’ve just looked at the message that was more about the freakish posts on other mediums.

Patience.

Not the way I read it, but thanks for the reply, something needs to be done about the constant derailing of threads.
Maybe we could have cock waving thread, and make it a sticky.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 20:32 - Apr 14 with 1298 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 20:24 - Apr 14 by swan_si

Not the way I read it, but thanks for the reply, something needs to be done about the constant derailing of threads.

I agree.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 22:42 - Apr 14 with 1180 views73__73

Not many Barnsley fans, but still 18,800

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 22:44 - Apr 14 with 1160 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 20:24 - Apr 14 by swan_si

It absolutely needs to stop.

I’m amazed half the posts are allowed here. They should be stamped out immediately.

The issue comes when only select ones are deleted, it means arguments can manifest.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 08:20 - Apr 15 with 1073 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 22:42 - Apr 14 by 73__73

Not many Barnsley fans, but still 18,800

356 Barnsley fans official
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 09:35 - Apr 15 with 1025 viewsunion_jack

With Barnsley fans predicting a loss and most Swans predicting a win, what’s not to be confident of?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 10:50 - Apr 15 with 954 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 11:43 - Apr 14 by magicdaps10

If we win Saturday, we could then potentially be 5 points off the play offs with a game in hand.......at this moment in time it is not a time to experiment with young untested players at this level.

I think it speaks volumes that a season of transition as ultimately at this stage of the season given us believe that we could possibly get a play off spot, myself personally think it's a step too far but I am not Foolish enough to think that it might be on. The game Friday is a make or break one for me, its not going to be easy against a team practically in last chance saloon so won't go down easily.

Win Friday and the play off talk will heighten.
Lose and then we can talk about looking at certain players in the remaining games.

Write Barnsley off at your peril.

It is amazing how change your opinion and mind....back in March this is what you had to say

Quiet on here tonight .Why? on 13:18 - Mar 13 with 639 views magicdaps10

Quiet on here tonight .Why? on 11:13 - Mar 13 by vetchonian

I'm sorry dads you are deluded...this manager has a better squad than we had last season...he has achieved his goal topping the possession table please tell me what it is we need to turn this possession game into a winning game. what we are seeing this season is the same as he served up at MKDons for 1 and a half seasons. We have QUALITY inthe likes of Piroe Obafemi Ntcham and Paterson but we fail to get the ball quickly to them enough...that is not going to change as it's not Martin's way. We keep hearing the claptrap about kackvof preseason yet managers like Heckingbottom,Cooper and Wilder arrive at clubs several games into the season and without any preseason or influence on player acquisition take teams struggling at the foot of the table to promotion contention...whilst Martin edges us ever closer to the drop zone....

I was happy to read and hear what you had to say but this seasons squad is no way better than last seasons, to say that and then say someone else is deluded is just not right at all.
I bet Martin would love to have Woodman, Connor Roberts, Marc Guehi, Connor Hourihane, Jamal Lowe and Ayew available to him.

I am not saying that there is no quality in the squad but it's not play off material for sure, I would say that we are underachieving and should be 6/7 points where we are as a team, considering that is only 2 wins and we have no chance of going up or down then I am happy to see where things go under Martin.....my mind might change come October or November but I understand the change this club is going through.

It seems some fans have got so entitled over the last 15 years that they have forgotten how to deal with situations we currently find ourselves in today.
Make no bones about it but this squad is not better than last seasons and we are not that top 6 team anymore, look at the players that have gone and the cut in finances.

Funny how this squad not good enough for the play offs now is?

And you want to forget transiiton and use Ogebeta who was Bidwells replacement but arrived unfit and thats another issue ......to see if he can cut it at this level against the leagues poorest side?

This is why some of us continue to post..when people including another poster who is vocal on this same thread back in March declared his dissatisfaction after 35bgames with Martin but again is now fully supporting following our double and and following wins...

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 11:04 - Apr 15 with 934 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 10:50 - Apr 15 by vetchonian

It is amazing how change your opinion and mind....back in March this is what you had to say

I'm sorry dads you are deluded...this manager has a better squad than we had last season...he has achieved his goal topping the possession table please tell me what it is we need to turn this possession game into a winning game. what we are seeing this season is the same as he served up at MKDons for 1 and a half seasons. We have QUALITY inthe likes of Piroe Obafemi Ntcham and Paterson but we fail to get the ball quickly to them enough...that is not going to change as it's not Martin's way. We keep hearing the claptrap about kackvof preseason yet managers like Heckingbottom,Cooper and Wilder arrive at clubs several games into the season and without any preseason or influence on player acquisition take teams struggling at the foot of the table to promotion contention...whilst Martin edges us ever closer to the drop zone....

I was happy to read and hear what you had to say but this seasons squad is no way better than last seasons, to say that and then say someone else is deluded is just not right at all.
I bet Martin would love to have Woodman, Connor Roberts, Marc Guehi, Connor Hourihane, Jamal Lowe and Ayew available to him.

I am not saying that there is no quality in the squad but it's not play off material for sure, I would say that we are underachieving and should be 6/7 points where we are as a team, considering that is only 2 wins and we have no chance of going up or down then I am happy to see where things go under Martin.....my mind might change come October or November but I understand the change this club is going through.

It seems some fans have got so entitled over the last 15 years that they have forgotten how to deal with situations we currently find ourselves in today.
Make no bones about it but this squad is not better than last seasons and we are not that top 6 team anymore, look at the players that have gone and the cut in finances.

And you want to forget transiiton and use Ogebeta who was Bidwells replacement but arrived unfit and thats another issue ......to see if he can cut it at this level against the leagues poorest side?

This is why some of us continue to post..when people including another poster who is vocal on this same thread back in March declared his dissatisfaction after 35bgames with Martin but again is now fully supporting following our double and and following wins...

Another match day thread derailed, for petty point scoring

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 11:06 - Apr 15 with 924 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 11:04 - Apr 15 by raynor94

So people are only allowed one opinion? Which is the one you agree with presumably.

He is responding to someone who is displaying the other opinion, yet you only seem to have an issue with the person responding with a view you disagree with.

This forum is going downhill recently with the bullying and the stamping out of diverse opinion. Needs to stop.

There is a trend at the moment with the second someone says an opinion certain people disagree with - they try to get them banned.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 11:09]

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 11:07 - Apr 15 with 931 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City play against a team today who have won one game away all season 15th Apr 2022 10:48
Barnsley visit the Swansea.com today in a similar position to Derby County last weekend. They simply are running out of game time to save their season. Some will say that ship has long sailed and the tykes will merely play out their remaining games with only prove at stake. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 11:11 - Apr 15 with 917 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 10:50 - Apr 15 by vetchonian

Again going off topic but I will gladly reply to you as you show yourself to be a open minded and decent individual on times, hopefully then we can get back on to today's game then.

Do I think the team is good enough for promotion, probably not.
Is the team play off material, they are 8 points off so that would indicate no.
Would I just ignore the fact that we could get a play off spot, certainly not.

Pushing for a play off place and being good enough for the play offs are 2 different things. Bring in a Guehi. an Ayew, a Roberts playing this style of football then I would certainly change my view.

A lot has changed in a month due to the work put in during the season now starting to bare fruit, comparing us now to where we were 4/5/6months ago is chalk and cheese. Did I expect to see us where we are today only a month back, certainly not, its testiment if the work that Martin and the players have put in over the course of the season.

I know your view, I have given mine... Let's agree to let bygones be bygones hey. Onto the game today, it's a cracking day for it, been sat out the back having a coffee with the sun on me.... Really looking forward to the day.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 11:19 - Apr 15 with 902 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 11:04 - Apr 15 by raynor94

A forum is an arena for debate it seems of late debate is only allowed if there is accord of opinion to the "gang".

I get frustrated that I have been insulted when offering my opinion despite "arguing" with data...yet others who are often very vocal seem to steam roller their opinions which they seem to change and when they cannot debate with reason resort to abuse or call for the banning of those who they disagree with.

Sorry if you think the thread is being derailed but there was a debate about during this season of transition that maybe todays game might be a time to try Ogebeta who was bought to step instantly in Bidwells role and possibly Joseph against the side deemed poorest in the league,,,yet the same poster i have quoted above maintains we should strive for the play offs despite his protestations a month ago surely in this transition season this sort of exercise makes sense?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 11:25 - Apr 15 with 895 viewsvetchonian

BAck on topic

Unfortuneately I will not be in attendnace today but am hoping for a win as always leys hope we continue our fine run...we should win this which ever tactics/styles RM adopts

COYS!!!

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 11:29 - Apr 15 with 886 viewsRichardO

Let's hope we don't give goals away when progressing high up the pitch with inadequate cover and stop putting players in dangerous positions when playing out from the back.
In a well organised team these errors are normally kept to a minimum.
That hasn't been the case most of this season
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 12:51]
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 11:43 - Apr 15 with 856 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 11:19 - Apr 15 by vetchonian

A forum is an arena for debate it seems of late debate is only allowed if there is accord of opinion to the "gang".

I get frustrated that I have been insulted when offering my opinion despite "arguing" with data...yet others who are often very vocal seem to steam roller their opinions which they seem to change and when they cannot debate with reason resort to abuse or call for the banning of those who they disagree with.

Sorry if you think the thread is being derailed but there was a debate about during this season of transition that maybe todays game might be a time to try Ogebeta who was bought to step instantly in Bidwells role and possibly Joseph against the side deemed poorest in the league,,,yet the same poster i have quoted above maintains we should strive for the play offs despite his protestations a month ago surely in this transition season this sort of exercise makes sense?

Bang on.

More needs to be done, they are running this site at the moment. I guess because the narrative helps it? But the behaviour by them once again in the last 48 hours is utterly shocking.

But yes, back to the thread I don’t particularly see what you posted as being off topic. The discussion is about the Barnsley game and whether to use it as a transitional game as per what we have been told, or go for the play offs - which we have been told we aren’t good enough for.

Naturally that view has been muddied.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 11:56 - Apr 15 with 842 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What are the odds that Woolmer will be looking to issue another red card today seeing as we have previous with him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024