Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED 02:41 - Apr 12 with 16445 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the a Good Friday game, and the chance for another doube. Yes, the doube is on again. Not like the Cardiff doube, but a doube all the same.

This thread has been brought to you by ‘Doube’ The history making word with one L of an impact.

The Officials
ANDY WOOLMER 👀
Robert Hyde and Natalie Aspinall
Fourth Official : Charles Breakspear

First Swans game Woolmer officiates this season, he is the referee Steve Cooper made allegations against of having issues with him and Swansea City. He was the fourth official which brought about a whole lot of touchline reporting when Ryan Manning was sent off against Fulham. Thereafter he was involved in reporting Swansea City for a variety of infringements on and off the pitch. Despite Fulham committing similar and in some cases far worse touchline issues which were overlooked. Let’s hope Woolmer comes to Swansea with clarity and an independent view.

Latest **

Swansea City play against a team today who have won one game away all season 15th Apr 2022 10:48
Barnsley visit the Swansea.com today in a similar position to Derby County last weekend. They simply are running out of game time to save their season. Some will say that ship has long sailed and the tykes will merely play out their remaining games with only prove at stake. 0

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Joel Latibeaudiere; Cyrus Christie, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Hannes Wolf; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson; Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Olivier Ntcham, Kyle Joseph, Nathanael Ogbeta, Cameron Congreve.

Barnsley: Jack Walton, Liam Kitching, Mads Andersen (captain), Callum Brittain, Carlton Morris, Claudio Gomes, Romal Palmer, Remy Vita, Amine Bassi, Domingos Quina, Matty Wolfe.

Substitutes: Daniel Jinadu, Callum Styles, Cauley Woodrow, Aaron Leya Iseka, Jasper Moon, William Hondermarck, Victor Adeboyejo.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 17:31 - Apr 14 with 1032 viewsYouBackJastard

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 17:27 - Apr 14 by magicdaps10

It would be nice to have an answer to what I asked that was in relation to the match day thread Si, I am not going to get it am I!?

Thread ruined is nearly there, I partly blame myself for trying to get it back on course by seeing if I can get the opinion from him to then get it returned to the match day thread.

If I continue then surely he will just carrying on ignoring the question and pull it in the direction he wants and not the direction of what the thread was set out for.

Back on the game, team I would expect us the same as Saturday but Downes coming in for Fulton.

I’d love to see Grimes continue with the same freedom he’s had in recent games. Hopefully he can continue that with Downes next to him as that’s clearly our best partnership on paper in my opinion (Downes being the person I voted player of the year)
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:17 - Apr 14 with 949 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 17:27 - Apr 14 by magicdaps10

It would be nice to have an answer to what I asked that was in relation to the match day thread Si, I am not going to get it am I!?

Thread ruined is nearly there, I partly blame myself for trying to get it back on course by seeing if I can get the opinion from him to then get it returned to the match day thread.

If I continue then surely he will just carrying on ignoring the question and pull it in the direction he wants and not the direction of what the thread was set out for.

Back on the game, team I would expect us the same as Saturday but Downes coming in for Fulton.

I think you're right about Downes, maybe Fulton on the bench instead of Smith, I think Fulton has done OK the last 2 games, always liked Jay, a bit of dog about him.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:20 - Apr 14 with 935 viewsYouBackJastard

I am the worst among them! I have donated £20 to https://donation.dec.org.uk/ukraine-humanitarian-appeal, not that I need the applause of a paranoid man on the internet who fumes at my very existence.

The Melbourne Manchild.

The sooner you go, the better experience for those new and old. God knows you managed to put me off this site despite my pleasant experience with pretty much every other user on here.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:22 - Apr 14 with 928 viewsswan_si

I've wanted to see Ogbeta start since his welcome interview, sounds like he has a point to prove to himself, infectious personality hope he can back it up on the pitch.
Also agree about Wolf taking Pato's place, had a great game against Derby.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:23 - Apr 14 with 918 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:17 - Apr 14 by swan_si

I think you're right about Downes, maybe Fulton on the bench instead of Smith, I think Fulton has done OK the last 2 games, always liked Jay, a bit of dog about him.

Decent player is Jay and has done a sterling job recently, made a few errors here and there but that's surely down to rustiness.
I wouldn't disagree with him starting but I think Downes's extra quality gets the nod for me. I think although I wouldnt myself, Martin might bring Manning in at left wing back and push Wolf into a more advantaged role as per what Vetcho typed earlier.

Going to be paying some attention to this Bassi lad for Barnsley, looks like good pedigree there.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:23 - Apr 14 with 907 viewsYouBackJastard

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:22 - Apr 14 by swan_si

I've wanted to see Ogbeta start since his welcome interview, sounds like he has a point to prove to himself, infectious personality hope he can back it up on the pitch.

If Martin continues to start Wolf over Ogbeta then I would take that as a potentially positive sign of Hannes signing in the summer.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:26 - Apr 14 with 883 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:23 - Apr 14 by YouBackJastard

If Martin continues to start Wolf over Ogbeta then I would take that as a potentially positive sign of Hannes signing in the summer.

Have we got £8m to spend?
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:27 - Apr 14 with 878 viewsYouBackJastard

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:26 - Apr 14 by jasper_T

Have we got £8m to spend?

Loan again, I’d imagine.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:27 - Apr 14 with 877 viewsYouBackJastard

Mark me off as settled, good grief.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:28 - Apr 14 with 859 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:27 - Apr 14 by YouBackJastard

Mark me off as settled, good grief.

Happily, once I get confirmation you have paid.

When did you send him the money?
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 18:29]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:28 - Apr 14 with 857 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:22 - Apr 14 by swan_si

For me Wolf plays his best behind Obafemi, no way could you drop Piroe so its Wolf or Patterson to take the 3rd spot IMO. Really nice to have options there.

Its also nice to have the thread back on track.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:29 - Apr 14 with 854 viewsYouBackJastard

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:28 - Apr 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Happily, once I get confirmation you have paid.

When did you send him the money?
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 18:29]

I was laughing at your phrasing you poor soul.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:30 - Apr 14 with 847 viewsWhiterockin

I spoke to soon.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:32 - Apr 14 with 914 viewsYouBackJastard

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:30 - Apr 14 by Whiterockin

I spoke to soon.

Wolf has been brilliant as a wingback, would be interested to see him in his ‘natural’ position. If he plays at an average level up there, then just turn him into a full time left wingback.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:33 - Apr 14 with 911 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:30 - Apr 14 by Whiterockin

I spoke to soon.

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:44 - Apr 14 with 859 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:32 - Apr 14 by YouBackJastard

Wolf has been brilliant as a wingback, would be interested to see him in his ‘natural’ position. If he plays at an average level up there, then just turn him into a full time left wingback.

Until the last game Wolf has been pretty poor at wingback. His only good game previously was against Luton further forward.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:44 - Apr 14 with 852 viewsYouBackJastard

The Melbourne Manchild. Yuck.

Does anyone else think Latibeaudiere should start over Manning again? He’s looked fantastic since Ryan’s suspension.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:45 - Apr 14 with 842 viewsYouBackJastard

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:44 - Apr 14 by jasper_T

Until the last game Wolf has been pretty poor at wingback. His only good game previously was against Luton further forward.

Cardiff away?
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:49 - Apr 14 with 833 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:44 - Apr 14 by YouBackJastard

Does anyone else think Latibeaudiere should start over Manning again? He’s looked fantastic since Ryan’s suspension.

Latibeaudiere has been excellent over the last few games and earned the right to continue.
The only change I see is Downes for Fulton which is very harsh on Jay.
However, as I have said before, while we have a very slim chance of reaching the play offs, we need to field our strongest possible side

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:00 - Apr 14 with 798 viewsKeithHaynes

14 posts removed, I’ve left the thread in the capable hands of someone who couldn’t give a monkeys about the swans. And with clear instructions.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:14 - Apr 14 with 760 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 18:44 - Apr 14 by YouBackJastard

100% plays for me, not put a foot wrong.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:17 - Apr 14 with 756 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:00 - Apr 14 by KeithHaynes

14 posts removed, I’ve left the thread in the capable hands of someone who couldn’t give a monkeys about the swans. And with clear instructions.

And I’m here with a hotline to Hades.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:23 - Apr 14 with 753 viewsshingle

Well you are getting on a bit and reading between the lines you do not seem to be the healthiest of guys so you may be going somewhere sooner than you think who knows, so you will not be able to have the last word once that time comes which very well may be sooner rather than later, and i will say that Dr.P bless him now there was a guy who knew nothing about Tennis and you wont be able to reply and i will have the last word and all your years on here trying to have the last word will have been in vain.
Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:24 - Apr 14 with 742 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:23 - Apr 14 by shingle

Well you are getting on a bit and reading between the lines you do not seem to be the healthiest of guys so you may be going somewhere sooner than you think who knows, so you will not be able to have the last word once that time comes which very well may be sooner rather than later, and i will say that Dr.P bless him now there was a guy who knew nothing about Tennis and you wont be able to reply and i will have the last word and all your years on here trying to have the last word will have been in vain.

Are you really trolling about a poster dying? That’s truly disturbing.

Where is that hotline to Hades when it’s needed?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Barnsley : Matchday Thread 21/22 UPDATED on 19:28 - Apr 14 with 756 viewsRichardO

This "run" of five games the first time this season we seem to have a settled back three, all playing in positions they seem comfortable in

And the team has similar or better quality and able players to fill for missing players in a good number of positions

Nice to have players who are left at the club, fit, not ignored and not having issues, who now seem to be able to play with some cohesion
But signs of any upturn in fortunes this season have come swiftly to an end with pretty heavy defeats.
Expectations have been raised that this good run continues and fingers are crossed we can get a good result against Barnsley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024