Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where do you really stand ? 21:39 - May 22 with 3394 viewsKeithHaynes

On the Wales national team ?
Or do you follow other countries instead ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Where do you really stand ? on 23:09 - May 22 with 1820 viewsbuilthjack

Wales mad. Simple as that.
I like to see the underdog , like Iceland etc to do well at big tournaments.
[Post edited 22 May 2022 23:30]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Where do you really stand ? on 23:17 - May 22 with 1816 viewsJack_Kass

Not asked, I want them to be successful but my mood isn't affected by their performance

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Where do you really stand ? on 23:20 - May 22 with 1813 viewsFireboy2

What has brought this on Keith 😉
Where do you really stand ? on 23:28 - May 22 with 1806 viewsSTID2017

I love Wales to do well, but I wouldn't be as disappointed if they fail as I do with Swans.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Where do you really stand ? on 23:39 - May 22 with 1797 viewsguthrieintherain

Where do you really stand ? on 23:28 - May 22 by STID2017

I love Wales to do well, but I wouldn't be as disappointed if they fail as I do with Swans.

The upcoming World Cup game is bigger than any Swans game since the play offs including both Cardiff games for me.
[Post edited 22 May 2022 23:43]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Where do you really stand ? on 23:43 - May 22 with 1789 viewsChief

I'm Welsh and a football fan. Just as the Swans are my local team, Wales are my national team. Rather simple. If you support any other nation & you have no real ties it's just the same as a plastic from South Wales supporting Liverpool, Rangers or Chelsea etc.

Over the last few years I'd argue it's been more fun watching Wales too. Its like an away game and buzz that comes with that - the planning, the early starts, tipsy by dinnertime, going somewhere that I wouldn't normally go every week, but in the city and at the ground, it's a home game, so it's a fantastic combination.

With a few exceptions the atmosphere at the games is definitely better too.

Those who walked away in the bad days and haven't returned are severely missing out these days.
[Post edited 22 May 2022 23:44]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Where do you really stand ? on 07:06 - May 23 with 1681 viewsDr_Winston

Mostly I don't care about International Football, Wales or anyone else. I'll watch a tournament and Wales in one when they get there, but generally I just hope we get all our players back from International weeks uninjured. The results don't concern me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Where do you really stand ? on 07:21 - May 23 with 1679 viewsbuilthjack

Where do you really stand ? on 23:43 - May 22 by Chief

I'm Welsh and a football fan. Just as the Swans are my local team, Wales are my national team. Rather simple. If you support any other nation & you have no real ties it's just the same as a plastic from South Wales supporting Liverpool, Rangers or Chelsea etc.

Over the last few years I'd argue it's been more fun watching Wales too. Its like an away game and buzz that comes with that - the planning, the early starts, tipsy by dinnertime, going somewhere that I wouldn't normally go every week, but in the city and at the ground, it's a home game, so it's a fantastic combination.

Those who walked away in the bad days and haven't returned are severely missing out these days.

Great post. Spot on.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Where do you really stand ? on 07:31 - May 23 with 1672 viewsWhiterockin

Swans first and Wales for me a long way second for me I'm afraid.
Where do you really stand ? on 07:56 - May 23 with 1654 viewsKilkennyjack

Totally agree.

FAW have done a great job.

Yes i remember the problems at games in the 1980s but thankfully times have moved on.
And thankfully we have had Page and Cookie rather than the idiot Bobby Gould - things have moved on.

The joy of Bale, Ramsey, Joe Allen and Ben has been for us all to enjoy.
Hoping Rodon, Ethan, Dan James and Johnson can keep us up there.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🦢
[Post edited 23 May 2022 7:56]

Beware of the Risen People

Where do you really stand ? on 08:13 - May 23 with 1644 viewsSTID2017

Where do you really stand ? on 23:39 - May 22 by guthrieintherain

The upcoming World Cup game is bigger than any Swans game since the play offs including both Cardiff games for me.

From an international perspective yes the upcoming play off game and possible WC games are massive and I am like most Welsh people and hoping we win and get to our first WC in 64 years.
Swans is the bread and butter that keeps us going all year round.
So like comparing eggs with bacon.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Where do you really stand ? on 08:51 - May 23 with 1633 viewsbuilthjack

This isn't about Wales or Swansea.
Never was.

Where do you really stand ? on 09:24 - May 23 with 1617 views1983

I support Wales in everything simple as that.👍
[Post edited 23 May 2022 9:48]

Where do you really stand ? on 09:41 - May 23 with 1595 viewstrampie

I also support Wales in everything and anything.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Where do you really stand ? on 10:04 - May 23 with 1570 viewsonehunglow

Where do you really stand ? on 09:24 - May 23 by 1983

I support Wales in everything simple as that.👍
[Post edited 23 May 2022 9:48]

Many don't ,at least not in Rugby. Many pyss themselves when the national rugby team lose.With this coming South Africa your coming up and the current coach in charge ,it will hours of pleasure for the anti eggers/peanut huggers.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Where do you really stand ? on 11:13 - May 23 with 1542 viewsKeithHaynes

Where do you really stand ? on 23:20 - May 22 by Fireboy2

What has brought this on Keith 😉

It’s a question, nothing more mate.

Edit, with the upcoming WC it could be we have swans fans of different nationalities.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Where do you really stand ? on 12:51 - May 23 with 1484 viewsReslovenSwan1

I support wales Cymru and want them to win. I do not think the coaching is great compared to other small nations like Denmark or Croatia and the "Welsh way" is PR spin not real substance. Passing accuracy is laboured and inaccurate most of the time. Morell is better but a limited footballer.

Welsh overcome passing failures by individual brilliance and defensive resilience and use of strong runners. Page has gone down the strong running route which is sensible given g his roster.

Bale, James, Wilson, Johnson, Sorba, Roberts C, Neco, Lawrence. He has so many runners Lawrence does not make it. Colwill and Isaak Davies are also runners not passers.

Wales will not beat super technical teams Denmark or Croatia playing like this sadly. I would like t see Levitt and Smith being developed more rather than Morrell. the 0-4 Denmark hammering was death by passing. Wales had no answer.

Still i have enjoyed the journey and well done to the players in terms of team spirit and pride. It is 50:50 to go to the WC. I fear penalties might be involved. Ramsey is a poor penalty taker.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Where do you really stand ? on 20:22 - May 23 with 1420 viewsblaenaugwentjack

This, absolutely spot on.
Where do you really stand ? on 20:34 - May 23 with 1398 viewsLorax

Where do you really stand ? on 07:06 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

Mostly I don't care about International Football, Wales or anyone else. I'll watch a tournament and Wales in one when they get there, but generally I just hope we get all our players back from International weeks uninjured. The results don't concern me.

This for me too. I enjoyed Euro 2016 but I don't have any hopes or expectations for Wales and I'm not disappointed anymore, when Welsh football fails. For a long time now I have had trouble watching any football if it's not the Swans, it has to be an exceptional game to keep my interest. I tried watching Man City v Villa and I kept drifting off it.

Pretty much, it's the Swans or nothing.
Where do you really stand ? on 20:45 - May 23 with 1374 views73__73

I’d rather watch paint dry than watch wales.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Where do you really stand ? on 20:48 - May 23 with 1367 viewstrampie

Where do you really stand ? on 20:34 - May 23 by Lorax

This for me too. I enjoyed Euro 2016 but I don't have any hopes or expectations for Wales and I'm not disappointed anymore, when Welsh football fails. For a long time now I have had trouble watching any football if it's not the Swans, it has to be an exceptional game to keep my interest. I tried watching Man City v Villa and I kept drifting off it.

Pretty much, it's the Swans or nothing.

Do you regard reaching the semi finals of Euro 2016 failing then ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Where do you really stand ? on 20:59 - May 23 with 1356 viewspencoedjack

Where do you really stand ? on 23:39 - May 22 by guthrieintherain

In your opinion.

I’d take doing the double over the Bassey’s over Wales qualifying for the WC all day long.

That said I hope Wales qualify as I always want them to do well & it’s something to watch in December.
Where do you really stand ? on 21:05 - May 23 with 1347 viewsKilkennyjack

Where do you really stand ? on 20:45 - May 23 by 73__73

I’d rather watch paint dry than watch wales.

Carry on butt …

Beware of the Risen People

Where do you really stand ? on 21:08 - May 23 with 1334 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea are my team, as are Wales, really want them both to win. Only difference is Wales don’t play as often.

If you’re Welsh why wouldn’t you want them to win ?

Saying that when I was a kid in the 80s, I was obsessed with Neath rugby, Wales were so poor, I wanted them to win but nothing like my love for my club side
[Post edited 23 May 2022 21:11]
Where do you really stand ? on 21:22 - May 23 with 1308 viewsChief

Where do you really stand ? on 20:59 - May 23 by pencoedjack

In your opinion.

I’d take doing the double over the Bassey’s over Wales qualifying for the WC all day long.

That said I hope Wales qualify as I always want them to do well & it’s something to watch in December.

Not as simple as that though and it's not a binary choice between the two.

If we hadn't done the Doube this season, we have another chance to do it next season (it's 2 games against a pretty poor championship side at the end of the day). Whereas Wales getting this close very rarely happens. And after this World Cup qualifying for a 48 team tournament won't be anywhere near as special.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024