Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rwanda flight 21:14 - Jun 14 with 12904 viewsGwyn737

Looks like there’s a fair chance that it’ll take off with no passengers.

Liz Truss wants it still to fly as it will “establish the route”.
Rwanda flight on 15:21 - Jun 19 with 1144 viewsKilkennyjack

The Tories have paid Rwanda £120million to take UK refugees and on top of that around £500,000 per flight to Rwanda and all the time there is a massive cost of living crisis in UK.

There is no excuse.
This is Johnsons joke Britain 🤡.

Annibyniaeth. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

To put it in perspective the £120m could have bought 48m meals for school children, or about a full weeks worth of dinners for every pupil in the UK #RefugeesWelcome
[Post edited 19 Jun 2022 16:14]

Beware of the Risen People

Rwanda flight on 16:23 - Jun 19 with 1106 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rwanda flight on 15:21 - Jun 19 by Kilkennyjack

The Tories have paid Rwanda £120million to take UK refugees and on top of that around £500,000 per flight to Rwanda and all the time there is a massive cost of living crisis in UK.

There is no excuse.

Annibyniaeth. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

To put it in perspective the £120m could have bought 48m meals for school children, or about a full weeks worth of dinners for every pupil in the UK #RefugeesWelcome

Bit of a mixed message there.

You say all that money could have been spent on school meals for children… yet still advocate for millions to be spent on immigrants.

If it’s improving the lives of the people already here that your priority is, then you shouldn’t be advocating spending that money on others.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Rwanda flight on 17:38 - Jun 19 with 1069 views73__73

Rwanda flight on 15:21 - Jun 19 by Kilkennyjack

There is no excuse.

Annibyniaeth. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

What’s wrong with parents paying for their children’s meals ?
I wouldn’t have wanted the state to pay for my children’s meals.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Rwanda flight on 03:17 - Jun 20 with 1023 viewsKilkennyjack

Rwanda flight on 17:38 - Jun 19 by 73__73

What’s wrong with parents paying for their children’s meals ?
I wouldn’t have wanted the state to pay for my children’s meals.

Nothing if they can afford it.

However making sure every child has one hot meal a day is important.

I am glad you agree its a higher priority than sending or not sending desperate immigrants to Rwanda.

Rwanda flight on 06:53 - Jun 20 with 1002 viewsBoundy

Rwanda flight on 03:17 - Jun 20 by Kilkennyjack

I am glad you agree its a higher priority than sending or not sending desperate immigrants to Rwanda.

What exactly this desperation you do often quote , I know far too many Welsh folk who are now in a desperate plight through no fault of their own and not of their choosing,the illegals choose to come here dispite many other options available to them and now we have put their needs before others ,life is hard always has been always will be. I'm guessing those who advocate more immigration are those whose ideals are that everyone becomes poor and desperate just so their conscious allows them to sleep at night

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Rwanda flight on 07:58 - Jun 20 with 991 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rwanda flight on 03:17 - Jun 20 by Kilkennyjack

There is less chance they will be able to afford if you keep advocating spending millions on bringing thousands more people to the country.

Or did you not think of that?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 7:59]

Rwanda flight on 10:15 - Jun 20 with 961 viewscontroversial_jack

Rwanda flight on 07:58 - Jun 20 by Dr_Parnassus

There is less chance they will be able to afford if you keep advocating spending millions on bringing thousands more people to the country.

Or did you not think of that?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 7:59]

Or spend a fortune on vanity schemes, such as HS2, weapons to the corrupt govt of the Ukraine
Rwanda flight on 10:27 - Jun 20 with 955 viewsBoundy

Rwanda flight on 10:15 - Jun 20 by controversial_jack

Or spend a fortune on vanity schemes, such as HS2, weapons to the corrupt govt of the Ukraine

How's about staying on topic

Login to get fewer ads

Rwanda flight on 15:02 - Jun 20 with 910 viewsBryanSwan

Rwanda flight on 06:53 - Jun 20 by Boundy

What exactly this desperation you do often quote , I know far too many Welsh folk who are now in a desperate plight through no fault of their own and not of their choosing,the illegals choose to come here dispite many other options available to them and now we have put their needs before others ,life is hard always has been always will be. I'm guessing those who advocate more immigration are those whose ideals are that everyone becomes poor and desperate just so their conscious allows them to sleep at night

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, the divide between the rich and poor increases year on year.
But i suppose it is convenient to blame the foreign people.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Rwanda flight on 17:45 - Jun 20 with 882 viewsBoundy

Rwanda flight on 15:02 - Jun 20 by BryanSwan

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, the divide between the rich and poor increases year on year.
But i suppose it is convenient to blame the foreign people.

Could you point out exactly where anyone has blamed foreign people

Rwanda flight on 19:55 - Jun 20 with 836 viewsBryanSwan

Rwanda flight on 17:45 - Jun 20 by Boundy

Could you point out exactly where anyone has blamed foreign people

"illegals choose to come here dispite many other options available to them and now we have put their needs before others"
I replied to you as it was you that made the above statement.

Rwanda flight on 01:08 - Jun 21 with 793 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rwanda flight on 19:55 - Jun 20 by BryanSwan

"illegals choose to come here dispite many other options available to them and now we have put their needs before others"
I replied to you as it was you that made the above statement.

I would imagine the blame is put on those allowing it to happen as opposed to the people themselves.

It’s stretched resources, not “foreigners”.

Rwanda flight on 04:53 - Jun 21 with 780 viewsKilkennyjack

Rwanda flight on 06:53 - Jun 20 by Boundy

These desperate welsh folk you speak have can blame 12 years of Tory uk govt, and vote every Tory out of office.

These immigrants have not created our economic problems, thats the Tory government.

Huge amounts have been wasted on covid contracts for mates and the idiotic Brexit.
None of this is the fault of migrants.

Dont play the game that the Daily Mail seems to want you to play.
Turn on Johnson, not the poor migrants.

Rwanda flight on 05:38 - Jun 21 with 769 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rwanda flight on 04:53 - Jun 21 by Kilkennyjack

These desperate welsh folk you speak have can blame 12 years of Tory uk govt, and vote every Tory out of office.

These immigrants have not created our economic problems, thats the Tory government.

Huge amounts have been wasted on covid contracts for mates and the idiotic Brexit.

It’s not about who created it, it’s about adding to it.

The question is why are you happy (when you have acknowledged that many can’t even afford a school meal) - with spending millions and millions on adding people to the country who many will need a share of an already spread thin system.

Or is it just because the other political side aren’t happy?

I think that’s what I boils down to with a lot of people.

Rwanda flight on 07:11 - Jun 21 with 753 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Welsh government are run by Labour and the Scottish government is run by SNP. They two are far less productive than the rest of the UK requiring huge UK government subsidies

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Rwanda flight on 07:33 - Jun 21 with 751 viewsBryanSwan

Rwanda flight on 01:08 - Jun 21 by Dr_Parnassus

I would imagine the blame is put on those allowing it to happen as opposed to the people themselves.

It’s stretched resources, not “foreigners”.

Immigrants are an easy target for people to blame, oh look he's taking my job etc. It has always happened.

The politicians are the ones running down public services and carving them up for profit, transfering public money into the hands of their friends and protecting the rich and powerful at every turn.

They don't care about the poor whether they are from this county or any other.

Rwanda flight on 07:48 - Jun 21 with 748 viewsBoundy

You do realise or not ,that Labour is in charge of Welsh affairs has put us as a nation of sanctuary to all and sundry .we've I've 22 years of incompetent "leadership" from Butetown so yes I am talking about desperate Welsh people. No immigrants have not caused our problems but with uncontrolled immigration can only exasperate the problem

Rwanda flight on 09:54 - Jun 21 with 733 viewsBryanSwan

Rwanda flight on 07:48 - Jun 21 by Boundy

You do realise or not ,that Labour is in charge of Welsh affairs has put us as a nation of sanctuary to all and sundry .we've I've 22 years of incompetent "leadership" from Butetown so yes I am talking about desperate Welsh people. No immigrants have not caused our problems but with uncontrolled immigration can only exasperate the problem

*exacerbate

So the Conservative who have more control than the Senedd are not more to blame?

Rwanda flight on 06:58 - Jun 22 with 688 viewsWhiterockin

Two arrive in Rwanda on flight from the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61889895
Rwanda flight on 07:08 - Jun 22 with 667 viewsBoundy

Rwanda flight on 09:54 - Jun 21 by BryanSwan

*exacerbate

So the Conservative who have more control than the Senedd are not more to blame?

I do hope your spelling lessons are free , if so how's my punctuation and grammar?

Rwanda flight on 07:18 - Jun 22 with 653 viewsBryanSwan

Rwanda flight on 07:08 - Jun 22 by Boundy

I do hope your spelling lessons are free , if so how's my punctuation and grammar?

I see you cannot answer the question.
Both are pretty poor to be fair.

Rwanda flight on 07:40 - Jun 22 with 636 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rwanda flight on 07:33 - Jun 21 by BryanSwan

Immigrants are an easy target for people to blame, oh look he's taking my job etc. It has always happened.

The politicians are the ones running down public services and carving them up for profit, transfering public money into the hands of their friends and protecting the rich and powerful at every turn.

They don't care about the poor whether they are from this county or any other.

They aren’t blaming the immigrants though, they are blaming the systems allowing people to come in and share already thin resources.

That’s why skilled migration is the way forward. You don’t really see brain surgeons saying “they are taking our jobs” - it’s usually menial jobs, factory work or such like where the owners know they can pay less.

In order for me to have moved to another country I (and my company) had to prove that the job could not have been easily filled by another person residing in the country. Without being able to do that I wouldn’t have been allowed in and I wouldn’t have complained one bit. Completely understandable.

I find it strange that people think that only the U.K. and maybe USA should have open borders. Everyone else is “perfectly understandable”.

Rwanda flight on 08:05 - Jun 22 with 628 viewsfelixstowe_jack

What is even odder is that a single unamed, unaccountable, unelected judge in France can issue an injunction stopping flights to Rwanda. The hearing was behind closed doors and no party was allowed to present any evidence.

Given that the ECHR has a backlog of 10,000 cases 1,500 of which have been waiting over 10 years you must wonder why this one case was rushed through. Seems like a political decision not a legal one.

Our government was elected to sort this out and the case has been heard in UK courts including the Supreme Court to be legal.

Time to ensure UK law is sovereign.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Rwanda flight on 08:10 - Jun 22 with 624 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rwanda flight on 08:05 - Jun 22 by felixstowe_jack

What is even odder is that a single unamed, unaccountable, unelected judge in France can issue an injunction stopping flights to Rwanda. The hearing was behind closed doors and no party was allowed to present any evidence.

Given that the ECHR has a backlog of 10,000 cases 1,500 of which have been waiting over 10 years you must wonder why this one case was rushed through. Seems like a political decision not a legal one.

Our government was elected to sort this out and the case has been heard in UK courts including the Supreme Court to be legal.

Time to ensure UK law is sovereign.

It is a ludicrous system to send people to Rwanda though.

No issue with anyone scrapping such an obviously stupidly thought out thing. But there does need to be some serious action taken against illegal immigration.

What that is however, I’m not quite sure. One of the toughest political dilemmas that face Governments for a variety of reasons both practically and how weaponised it becomes by the other side.

Rwanda flight on 08:19 - Jun 22 with 622 viewsBoundy

Rwanda flight on 07:18 - Jun 22 by BryanSwan

I see you cannot answer the question.
Both are pretty poor to be fair.

I hold no candle to any political party and yes they have overall control of immigration so no surprises there but when a country such as ours who by all accounts are kept poor by not only Westminster and those in Cardiff who,s leader declare us a nation of sanctuary not because it's the right thing to do but as we've all seen during the pandemic Drakeford point scoring against Westminster then they all should accept responsibility.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024