Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22:48 - Aug 5 with 15125 viewsNotLoyal

The EFL ( League ) Cup really doesn’t matter now, but it does when you win it.
This is the official matchday thread, and one day it will be history.

Yes it’s the Franck Tabanou waste of space and time Oxford United away thread.

TUESDAY AUGUST 9TH 2022 : Kick Off 7.45pm

We are advised the game is accessible on iFollow.

Swansea City - The misery of the tape & Oxford build up 7th Aug 2022 19:30
The stats never lie apparently, but after yesterdays league game against Blackburn the swans do have a unique stat of their own. After two games they can certainly pass a football. 1

Jonjo Shelvey less than gracefully ends his Swansea City career 8th Aug 2022 09:00
It was six years ago, but Sunday January 10th 2016 signalled a cross roads for numerous players and staff at Swansea City. An odd date you may think ? Not if you are Jonjo Shelvey, Francesco Guidolin, Alan Curtis or even Franck Tabanou. The latter never played a league game for Swansea City but will be forever remembered for an FA Cup appearance for the swans. 1

Oxford United manager - Swansea can fly up the table 9th Aug 2022 13:58
Karl Robinson comes from the same football school as Russell Martin, he has a vision of a passing game that excites and is different to the normal fayre served up by many clubs. The Oxford boss isn’t fooled by recent Swansea results, and knows the style of play will come good. 0

Another disastrous night for Russell Martin and Swansea City 9th Aug 2022 22:37
Two circus type goals from Oxford United signalled more misery for Russell Martin at the Kassam Stadium in the EFL Cup tonight. The first a calamitous error by keeper Steven Benda, the second a ridiculous deflection from an Oxford United free kick. And all this after Swansea looked to be coasting to their first win of the season. 0

From next Saturday we will carry the main thread on the second post 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:13 - Aug 9 with 1931 viewsjasper_T

Letting them back into it.
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:15 - Aug 9 with 1895 viewsKeithHaynes

Benda howler !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:17 - Aug 9 with 1802 viewsGixerJack

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:15 - Aug 9 by KeithHaynes

Benda howler !

Always got one in him
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:17 - Aug 9 with 1797 viewsFlashberryjack

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:13 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

Letting them back into it.

déjà vu.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:17 - Aug 9 with 1799 viewsWitneyjack

Benda howler !

Be careful, there are those who think he's better than Gordon Banks......
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:19 - Aug 9 with 1751 viewsAguycalledJack

On the plus side Cardiff losing 0-3
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:19 - Aug 9 with 1744 viewsFlashberryjack

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:17 - Aug 9 by Witneyjack

Be careful, there are those who think he's better than Gordon Banks......

He is now.

Hello

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:20 - Aug 9 with 1717 viewsjasper_T

Benda howler !

Login to get fewer ads

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:20 - Aug 9 with 1711 viewsCatullus

Benda howler !

Yes it was BUT why do we put our keeper in that position? Play it back to the full back who clears it up the line....I know, old school but you don't concede stupid goals that way.
Then your forwards chase, they work to get the ball back.

As long as we insist on playing passes like that, we will leak silly goals.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:21 - Aug 9 with 1681 viewsBadlands

Radio Wales keep saying Swansea needs Allen's experience .. they need him to get involved first.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:21 - Aug 9 with 1680 viewsGixerJack

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:19 - Aug 9 by Flashberryjack

He is now.

I’m sure there’s a witty response available but I won’t plunge to those depths 😂🤣😂
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:25 - Aug 9 with 1603 viewsWitneyjack

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:19 - Aug 9 by Flashberryjack

He is now.

I don't know. Even with one eye and having passed away.
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:25 - Aug 9 with 1601 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Congreve off due to injury - was there any indication how serious it appeared?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:25 - Aug 9 with 1589 viewsBoundy

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:20 - Aug 9 by Catullus

Yes it was BUT why do we put our keeper in that position? Play it back to the full back who clears it up the line....I know, old school but you don't concede stupid goals that way.

Why play a stupid ball into an area where 3 opposition players had more than a 50 50 chance of intercepting it ,madness

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:29 - Aug 9 with 1488 viewsAguycalledJack

My old pe teacher always used to say - if in doubt kick it out.
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:31 - Aug 9 with 1437 viewsjasper_T

Benda makes up for it. We've been trying to throw the game away since the 4 subs.
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:32 - Aug 9 with 1401 viewsBryanSwan

He's not played a game for a while either, so thats bound to be a factor.
I think theres a good keeper in Benda, just not trying to play like Pirlo in nets. And thats Martins fault.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:32 - Aug 9 with 1374 viewsAguycalledJack

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:31 - Aug 9 by jasper_T

Benda makes up for it. We've been trying to throw the game away since the 4 subs.

Who came on?
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:35 - Aug 9 with 1277 viewsjasper_T

Shambles.
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:35 - Aug 9 with 1254 viewsCatullus

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:32 - Aug 9 by AguycalledJack

Who came on?

5 now, Ntcham, Allen, Abdullai, Wood and JA Cotterill

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:35 - Aug 9 with 1240 viewsFlashberryjack

2 -2 ffs

Hello

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:35 - Aug 9 with 1234 viewsKeithHaynes

Penalty shoot out.

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:36 - Aug 9 with 1192 viewsjasper_T

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:32 - Aug 9 by AguycalledJack

Who came on?

Allen, Abdulai, Wood and Ntcham
for
Fulton, Manning, Darling, Latibeaudiere

Wheels came right off.
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:38 - Aug 9 with 1066 viewsCatullus

Benda had no chance there to be fair BUT it does make that really stupid goal we again pretty much gave them look even worse.

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:39 - Aug 9 with 1013 viewsKeithHaynes

Both their goals were comedy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024