Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22:48 - Aug 5 with 15143 viewsNotLoyal

The EFL ( League ) Cup really doesn’t matter now, but it does when you win it.
This is the official matchday thread, and one day it will be history.

Yes it’s the Franck Tabanou waste of space and time Oxford United away thread.

TUESDAY AUGUST 9TH 2022 : Kick Off 7.45pm

We are advised the game is accessible on iFollow.

Swansea City - The misery of the tape & Oxford build up 7th Aug 2022 19:30
The stats never lie apparently, but after yesterdays league game against Blackburn the swans do have a unique stat of their own. After two games they can certainly pass a football. 1

Jonjo Shelvey less than gracefully ends his Swansea City career 8th Aug 2022 09:00
It was six years ago, but Sunday January 10th 2016 signalled a cross roads for numerous players and staff at Swansea City. An odd date you may think ? Not if you are Jonjo Shelvey, Francesco Guidolin, Alan Curtis or even Franck Tabanou. The latter never played a league game for Swansea City but will be forever remembered for an FA Cup appearance for the swans. 1

Oxford United manager - Swansea can fly up the table 9th Aug 2022 13:58
Karl Robinson comes from the same football school as Russell Martin, he has a vision of a passing game that excites and is different to the normal fayre served up by many clubs. The Oxford boss isn’t fooled by recent Swansea results, and knows the style of play will come good. 0

Another disastrous night for Russell Martin and Swansea City 9th Aug 2022 22:37
Two circus type goals from Oxford United signalled more misery for Russell Martin at the Kassam Stadium in the EFL Cup tonight. The first a calamitous error by keeper Steven Benda, the second a ridiculous deflection from an Oxford United free kick. And all this after Swansea looked to be coasting to their first win of the season. 0

From next Saturday we will carry the main thread on the second post 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 00:16 - Aug 10 with 1263 viewsjasper_T

""If you look at the flow of the game, it was all us for 65 minutes, and then it just completely flipped. You can't do that, you need to manage the game better. That's maybe down to naivety."

Comes very close to blaming himself in his post match comments, but that seems to have been directed at the players instead, making him "angry and frustrated". The game shifted when he made 4 changes all at once and players moved around. 3 of the back 4 off, and Cabango getting his first minutes of the season had to swap sides and was going down with cramp. It's a horrible backpass for their first, but Abdulai has never played right back much that I'm aware of, he's a defensive midfielder finding himself against a touchline and told to keep possession rather than smashing it upfield.

At least in the first half Ogbeta, Cooper and Congreve seemed to have good games. More involvement for all three please Russell.
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 00:17 - Aug 10 with 1251 viewsDr_Parnassus

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 00:16 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

""If you look at the flow of the game, it was all us for 65 minutes, and then it just completely flipped. You can't do that, you need to manage the game better. That's maybe down to naivety."

Comes very close to blaming himself in his post match comments, but that seems to have been directed at the players instead, making him "angry and frustrated". The game shifted when he made 4 changes all at once and players moved around. 3 of the back 4 off, and Cabango getting his first minutes of the season had to swap sides and was going down with cramp. It's a horrible backpass for their first, but Abdulai has never played right back much that I'm aware of, he's a defensive midfielder finding himself against a touchline and told to keep possession rather than smashing it upfield.

At least in the first half Ogbeta, Cooper and Congreve seemed to have good games. More involvement for all three please Russell.

100% was talking about the players there.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 05:45 - Aug 10 with 1101 viewsThrasher6

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:14 - Aug 9 by raynor94

Of course it was a freak goal, Benda dallied, and hit it straight into him.

Disappointing to go out yes, but it won't define our season.

It's not a freak goal. It's an avoidable goal.. We all know that if a goalkeeper plays the percentages...these goals do not happen. He should have just passed it to his left.....(a player was there)...away from the oncoming player.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 07:25 - Aug 10 with 978 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 00:16 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

If he’s “angry and frustrated” he should sit with us and watch his calamity football. Then he’d know what “angry and frustrated” look like!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 07:45 - Aug 10 with 936 viewsDr_Parnassus

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 07:25 - Aug 10 by Brynmill_Jack

If he’s “angry and frustrated” he should sit with us and watch his calamity football. Then he’d know what “angry and frustrated” look like!

Don’t be silly it’s just people that post on the forum, the wider fan base is right behind him.

Apparently.

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 08:18 - Aug 10 with 885 viewsunion_jack

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 07:45 - Aug 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Don’t be silly it’s just people that post on the forum, the wider fan base is right behind him.

Apparently.

There must be more posters on the forums than I thought there were then.

It’s indefensible now. Time to say bye bye.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:08 - Aug 10 with 823 viewsonehunglow

Too right I was angry but not as @gry as last season after the Reading game .That was the defining game .
Many couldn’t see it,mainly as they love the club that much ,which is fair enough.
Anyone can have a go at me and it ok,they will get it back in floods but the club is important to me.
People go the their graves wearing a #wans shirt. This clown needs to understand this and he is just passing through and please,he is no Jack. If he says that about himself I will implode

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:22 - Aug 10 with 801 viewsvetchonian

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:49 - Aug 9 by raynor94

I'm not agitated in the least, just find it sad in people taking pleasure in us losing.

I support the club, and have for more years than I care to remember.

I have given Martin my support from day 1 which any supporter would, let's see where we are after 10 games.

Bottom 3 I can't defend him

Hi Rayns

Before we kicked a ball I had decided to give Russ 10 games, BUT after Saturdays debacle and his presser afterwards I thought to myself this guy is not going to change.

What makes you think things will be different after 10 games?

He has had a preseason brought in players apparantly who know his system in Fisher, Darling and Sorinola .

Yet as someone has said we seemed to be better without a preseason

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:31 - Aug 10 with 789 viewsraynor94

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:22 - Aug 10 by vetchonian

Hi Rayns

Before we kicked a ball I had decided to give Russ 10 games, BUT after Saturdays debacle and his presser afterwards I thought to myself this guy is not going to change.

What makes you think things will be different after 10 games?

He has had a preseason brought in players apparantly who know his system in Fisher, Darling and Sorinola .

Yet as someone has said we seemed to be better without a preseason

I said on the thread, his comments after the game were totally unacceptable.

I was at Rotherham, not overly impressed but thought there was more to come.

In all honesty the last 2 games have deflated me, I'm running out patience.

Massive game Saturday, should tell us if he's lost the players

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:19 - Aug 10 with 736 viewsswan65split

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:31 - Aug 10 by raynor94

Not only the players, but the fans, huge number at the game.

Possibly MRTINS cup/play off final moment!
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:24 - Aug 10 with 718 viewsvetchonian

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:19 - Aug 10 by swan65split

Not only the players, but the fans, huge number at the game.

Possibly MRTINS cup/play off final moment!

To be honest even if we win that what does it prove?

As Resolven has said elsewhere he bounced back last season...the problem is it never lasts

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:27 - Aug 10 with 716 views3swan

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:31 - Aug 10 by raynor94

Very much the conversation we had in the car after Rotherham. I’ll use the word enjoy as it wasn’t a bad game and it did look as if some of the mistakes were going out of our play
It does look as if it was wishful thinking and a false dawn.
My thoughts mean nothing but surely the players want his comments kept for the changing room and debriefs.
We don’t need an us and them with the management team and players
Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:31 - Aug 10 with 706 viewsvetchonian

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:27 - Aug 10 by 3swan

Very much the conversation we had in the car after Rotherham. I’ll use the word enjoy as it wasn’t a bad game and it did look as if some of the mistakes were going out of our play
It does look as if it was wishful thinking and a false dawn.
My thoughts mean nothing but surely the players want his comments kept for the changing room and debriefs.
We don’t need an us and them with the management team and players

There already has been didnt I read that the coaching staff travel seperately to the players to away games?

What is that all about?

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:56 - Aug 10 with 631 viewsKeithHaynes

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:31 - Aug 10 by vetchonian

There already has been didnt I read that the coaching staff travel seperately to the players to away games?

What is that all about?

Could be logistics, could be the opportunity to debrief the game in private, a good opportunity to discuss transfers, players out etc. It happened on the way back from Rotherham only as far as I am aware.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:10 - Aug 10 with 609 viewsDr_Parnassus

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:56 - Aug 10 by KeithHaynes

Could be logistics, could be the opportunity to debrief the game in private, a good opportunity to discuss transfers, players out etc. It happened on the way back from Rotherham only as far as I am aware.

I think I read it was a regular thing, both to and from the games. Was on the other site, can’t remember who said it.

One particular game he refused to travel back with the team even when his regular transport wasn’t available so he took the train home.

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:29 - Aug 12 with 286 viewsSTID2017

Oxford United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:10 - Aug 10 by Dr_Parnassus

I think I read it was a regular thing, both to and from the games. Was on the other site, can’t remember who said it.

One particular game he refused to travel back with the team even when his regular transport wasn’t available so he took the train home.

I can understand the logic of a debrief with his assistants, but going home by train smacks of being aloof and distant.
I know it is a route for many successful managers in and out of football, but hardly seems to be gelling the squad in the face of defeat

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024