Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 11:23 - Feb 19 with 16231 viewsNotLoyal

Two managers desperate for something, desperate for wins to ensure they keep their teams in a safer place other than an unsafe place. It could be a better place but probably not because an ‘unbetter’ place isn’t a word. Actually it is.

Swansea City and the tale of mid table woe 20th Feb 2023 11:19
Swansea City go in to tomorrow nights game against Stoke City with a gap to fill and that’s the ever increasing one between them and the Championship play offs. The responses from Russell Martin after yet another last gasp defeat at Blackburn Rovers on Saturday are beginning to annoy some of the most ardent of Swansea fans, and it’s all wearing a bit thin. 0

Cooper must start and Whittaker is in the frame for Swansea City 21st Feb 2023 11:16
Swansea City will be going all out for two wins over the next two home fixtures, and head coach Russell Martin knows only too well his team need to show the intensity he often talks about this evening against Stoke City ( Kick off 7.45pm ) Stoke are scrapping to keep away from the bottom three in a fixture that has always been a huge test for the Swans. 0

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! 21st Feb 2023 21:59
Another tale of complete woe for the magnificent turn out yet again at the Swansea.Com stadium tonight. Russell Martin brought in the desired changes but nine seemed to impact the game in the Wayne wanted, and the game was lost and to be honest it wasn’t even close. 0

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling; Matty Sorinola, Joe Allen, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Ollie Cooper, Morgan Whittaker; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andreas Søndergaard, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Liam Walsh, Cameron Congreve.

Stoke City: Matija Sarkic, Morgan Fox, Jacob Brown, Tyrese Campbell, Dwight Gayle, Ben Wilmot, Ki-Jana Hoever, Will Smallbone, Dujon Sterling, Ben Pearson, Josh Laurent (captain).

Substitutes: Jack Bonham, Lewis Baker, Jordan Thompson, Connor Taylor, Nathan Lowe, Kahrel Reddin, Gabriel Adebambo.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:47 - Feb 19 with 6472 viewsbuilthjack

3-0

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:13 - Feb 19 with 6412 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:47 - Feb 19 by builthjack

3-0

1-2 90+2 goal for Stoke to steal it after being 1-0 down

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:20 - Feb 19 with 6405 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:13 - Feb 19 by vetchonian

1-2 90+2 goal for Stoke to steal it after being 1-0 down

No, Russ has said all 11 will line up on our goal line from the 85th minute. Some will be stood on orange boxes.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:35 - Feb 19 with 6374 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:20 - Feb 19 by builthjack

No, Russ has said all 11 will line up on our goal line from the 85th minute. Some will be stood on orange boxes.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:39 - Feb 19 with 6379 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:20 - Feb 19 by builthjack

I don’t think those orange boxes will work, they are likely to collapse in injury time.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:00 - Feb 19 with 6357 viewspencoedjack

They lost to Blackpool on the weekend so they must be shite.

We really need points in the next 2 games with Luton Millwall & Boro to play after Stoke & Rotherham.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:56 - Feb 19 with 6253 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:00 - Feb 19 by pencoedjack

We really need points in the next 2 games with Luton Millwall & Boro to play after Stoke & Rotherham.

I'll be there Tuesday, but my confidence in the the team is shot to hell.
So I'm expecting another 90 minutes of shyte football, that will probably end up a draw.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:58 - Feb 19 with 6258 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:56 - Feb 19 by Flashberryjack

So I'm expecting another 90 minutes of shyte football, that will probably end up a draw.

We are due one 😂

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:01 - Feb 19 with 6250 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:56 - Feb 19 by Flashberryjack

Could be worse I’m expecting a Sam Clucas winner in the 96th minute
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 07:21 - Feb 20 with 5917 viewsDr_Parnassus

We ‘should’ win the next two home games. Especially against Rotherham.

Both below us, neither have won away this year.

Feb was looked at as a month we should kick on a end up in and around the play offs, it’s a very kind month in terms of schedule.

Sadly we are approaching the end of the month with not much to show for it.

4 points from the next two should be the minimum expectation.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:19 - Feb 20 with 5864 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:00 - Feb 19 by pencoedjack

But Blackpool did have 11 players and didn’t score an own goal

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 13:20 - Feb 20 with 5681 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:19 - Feb 20 by Badlands

But Blackpool did have 11 players and didn’t score an own goal

Best hope for a Stoke red card then

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:11 - Feb 20 with 5491 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 13:20 - Feb 20 by BryanSwan

Best hope for a Stoke red card then

Hopefully Clucas early on.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:30 - Feb 20 with 5353 viewsbuilthjack

Looking forward to this one.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:48 - Feb 21 with 5192 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:11 - Feb 20 by Whiterockin

Hopefully Clucas early on.

He might be out.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:57 - Feb 21 with 5184 views3swan

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:48 - Feb 21 by KeithHaynes

He might be out.

Celina then, but he's also a doubt.

Anything to stop the curse of ex players scoring against us
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:53 - Feb 21 with 5101 viewsDr_Parnassus

Piroe scores first in my view, the most deadly finisher on the pitch.

Stoke like playing in the wide channels but hit far too many long balls to be truly effective. I think we may be able to actually contain them.

1-0 or 2-0

Piroe first.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:38 - Feb 21 with 5078 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:57 - Feb 21 by 3swan

Celina then, but he's also a doubt.

Anything to stop the curse of ex players scoring against us

Not sure Celina has travelled.
Tonsillitis.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:14 - Feb 21 with 5031 viewsBryanSwan

Lets get back to it tonight. Lineup for me:
Fisher
Latibaudiere Cabango Darling Manning
Fulton Grimes Allen
Whittaker Cooper
Piroe

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:16 - Feb 21 with 5022 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:53 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Piroe scores first in my view, the most deadly finisher on the pitch.

Stoke like playing in the wide channels but hit far too many long balls to be truly effective. I think we may be able to actually contain them.

1-0 or 2-0

Piroe first.

I am going for 4-0.
Dancing in the streets of Swansea and elsewhere tonight

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:37 - Feb 21 with 4999 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:14 - Feb 21 by BryanSwan

Fisher
Fulton Grimes Allen
Whittaker Cooper
Piroe

Latibeaudiere and Manning can’t defend, they have got so used to playing 'wing back' that, if they play, we have to have three in the back. And, as we no longer have a left fullback I can’t see a four man defence working either. Cubango, Wood and Darling and not not fullbacks.
Is it time for Grimes to do his left back duty again? I recall he was a decent fit.
Martin has to shuffle his pack but I can’t see him doing so.
I,d go to a simple 442
Fisher
Naughton Wood Cabango Grimes
Whitacker Futlton Ntcham Manning
"………….. Piroe Cullen

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:43 - Feb 21 with 4987 viewsshingle

1-1 and an absolute borefest.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 13:51 - Feb 21 with 4917 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:14 - Feb 21 by BryanSwan

Fisher
Fulton Grimes Allen
Whittaker Cooper
Piroe

My exact choice.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:15 - Feb 21 with 4779 viewsshandyjack

So game is not on Red button, swans tv can't show it to UK residents and i m away so cant access via my normal avenues. Any other way to watch the game tonight.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:47 - Feb 21 with 4675 viewsTreforys_Jack

Can we please please please play 4 at the back Russ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024