Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread 15:17 - Dec 23 with 14838 viewsKeithHaynes

The man they didn’t want in August is suddenly wanted again ! 24th Dec 2023 08:00
Russell Martin and a host of familiar faces will square up to his old club Swansea City on Tuesday ( KO 3pm ) with the howls of anger towards him now in the dim and distant past from Southampton fans a mere memory. After a lengthy unbeaten run the Saints are now in the top six and fighting for one of those two top automatic spots. 0

Russell Martin : We had a big connection at Swansea 25th Dec 2023 09:00
Russell Martin, now at Southampton as head coach, forever wearing his heart on his sleeve opened up on his feelings for the Swans after his enforced departure in the summer. With a variety of changes happening at the club at the end of last season Martin found himself surplus to requirements of new Chairman, Andrew Coleman including a variety of other changes. All of which have torn the spirit and identity from the club. 0

Latest news for ‘Swans fans’ travelling to Southampton today 26th Dec 2023 08:00
Todays game at St Mary’s kicks off at 3pm with a near sell out home crowd and around 1,400 travelling to watch the Swans. It’s the most anticipated day of the season for many, a chance to watch their team at a time of year when many are off work or their studies. And anyway a day out the day after Christmas is more than welcome. 0

Team News : Southampton v Swansea City’ Boxing Day Latest 26th Dec 2023 09:00
The latest news on both sides injury issues before todays game kicks off at St Mary’s Stadium. Both have unsettling news. Full teams at 2pm. 0

Swansea City : Welcome to the world of incompetency and excuses 27th Dec 2023 12:12
It isn’t enough just to do a match report and team ratings with the odd positive slant on the effort we now call Swansea City, and after yesterday, there can be no further excuses or meaningful explanations. 2

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:15 - Dec 23 with 5535 viewsRhonddaSwans

The Russel massive will be happy when he fist bumps the Southampton fans after the game.

Southampton on boxing day.

Could we get a point there?

would be amazing if we did!

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:05 - Dec 23 with 5504 viewsQJumpingJack

I am dreading this game.

Martin will want to prove a point to the executive team.
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:09 - Dec 23 with 5492 viewsReslovenSwan1

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:15 - Dec 23 by RhonddaSwans

The Russel massive will be happy when he fist bumps the Southampton fans after the game.

I recalled Shelvey's winner a 0-1. Backs against the wall and whack one in from 30 years. It may have been the game where Bertrand flattened Barrow and got a red.

Then I wondered if Shelvey could come back and do that again. Not realistic of course. Shelvey has anther 18 months on his deal at Forest on a whopping £70k a week. "Coops" bombed him out pretty sharpish and he is now on loan with another season to come.

Not sure Forest can survive relegation with the mad house spending they did. They gave Shelvey £70k a week for three years? What other horrors lurk in their nest?.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 22:49 - Dec 23 with 5386 viewsvetchonian

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:15 - Dec 23 by RhonddaSwans

I suspect the Mrs Robinson song will be sung ...such are some of our "fans"

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 08:55 - Dec 24 with 5234 viewsonehunglow

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:05 - Dec 23 by QJumpingJack

I am dreading this game.

Martin will want to prove a point to the executive team.

Me too.
Obvious reasons
Russ is very blessed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:00 - Dec 24 with 5242 viewsKeithHaynes

The man they didn’t want in August is suddenly wanted again ! 24th Dec 2023 08:00
Russell Martin and a host of familiar faces will square up to his old club Swansea City on Tuesday ( KO 3pm ) with the howls of anger towards him now in the dim and distant past from Southampton fans a mere memory. After a lengthy unbeaten run the Saints are now in the top six and fighting for one of those two top automatic spots. 0

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:20 - Dec 24 with 5083 viewsFatJack

I fear a 4-0 thumping on boxing day, just hope I'm wrong and we end their 15 game unbeaten run, would love to turn them over,
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:27 - Dec 24 with 5068 viewsunion_jack

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:20 - Dec 24 by FatJack

I fear a 4-0 thumping on boxing day, just hope I'm wrong and we end their 15 game unbeaten run, would love to turn them over,

It’s not very likely though, us turning them over I mean.

Hope we keep the score down. As they say, our season won’t be defined by our trip to Soton this year.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:32 - Dec 24 with 5057 viewsbuilthjack

Can’t make the Saints game, but am going To Coventry on Friday.
About 1350 sold for Southampton.
Tickets going very well for Coventry, if you intend going I would get in quick, as we only took about 1500. We were offered 3000.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:49 - Dec 25 with 4750 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin : We had a big connection at Swansea 25th Dec 2023 09:00
Russell Martin, now at Southampton as head coach, forever wearing his heart on his sleeve opened up on his feelings for the Swans after his enforced departure in the summer. With a variety of changes happening at the club at the end of last season Martin found himself surplus to requirements of new Chairman, Andrew Coleman including a variety of other changes. All of which have torn the spirit and identity from the club. 0

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 08:15 - Dec 26 with 4398 viewsKeithHaynes

Latest news for ‘Swans fans’ travelling to Southampton today 26th Dec 2023 08:00
Todays game at St Mary’s kicks off at 3pm with a near sell out home crowd and around 1,400 travelling to watch the Swans. It’s the most anticipated day of the season for many, a chance to watch their team at a time of year when many are off work or their studies. And anyway a day out the day after Christmas is more than welcome. 0

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:58 - Dec 26 with 4291 viewsTreforys_Jack

Just hope it doesn't get too messy. Hope I'm wrong but, I can't see anything other than a heavy defeat.
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:14 - Dec 26 with 4266 viewsKeithHaynes

Team News : Southampton v Swansea City’ Boxing Day Latest 26th Dec 2023 09:00
The latest news on both sides injury issues before todays game kicks off at St Mary’s Stadium. Both have unsettling news. Full teams at 2pm. 0

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:04 - Dec 26 with 4062 viewsFlashberryjack

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:58 - Dec 26 by Treforys_Jack

Just hope it doesn't get too messy. Hope I'm wrong but, I can't see anything other than a heavy defeat.

Same here, but I'm hoping we're both wrong.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:53 - Dec 26 with 3981 viewsunion_jack

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 13:04 - Dec 26 by Flashberryjack

Same here, but I'm hoping we're both wrong.

We as fans need to approach this with the mentality that if we don’t expect anything we won’t be disappointed. However, put the effort in that PNE are putting in v Leeds then you never know. We must show some energy today because we’ve seen little of it recently.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:04 - Dec 26 with 3952 viewsTreforys_Jack

Darling always seems to get dropped.
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:11 - Dec 26 with 3904 viewstheloneranger

Wood and Cullen in for Darling and Walsh.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:15 - Dec 26 with 3880 viewstheloneranger

To make matters worse - Keith Stroud is the referee today!!

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:17 - Dec 26 with 3871 viewsOptimisticJack

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:04 - Dec 26 by Treforys_Jack

Darling always seems to get dropped.

Agree. Harsh dropping him again.
Often played out of position at right back and at times he can look vulnerable.
What centre half doesn't.
In recent years we have seen Cabango, Caulker etc likewise ripped apart in that position.
Play him Centre half for God's sake.
Darling is also our main goal threat these days.
Bang goes my bets on him to score today by the way.

Optimisticjack

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:26 - Dec 26 with 3810 viewsRhonddaSwans

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:17 - Dec 26 by OptimisticJack

Agree. Harsh dropping him again.
Often played out of position at right back and at times he can look vulnerable.
What centre half doesn't.
In recent years we have seen Cabango, Caulker etc likewise ripped apart in that position.
Play him Centre half for God's sake.
Darling is also our main goal threat these days.
Bang goes my bets on him to score today by the way.

Mate my money would be on pato+Armstrong anytime scorers.

depends on what pato shows up today though 😔

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 15:05 - Dec 26 with 3677 viewstheloneranger

Bad miss by Yates!!

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 15:06 - Dec 26 with 3669 viewslifelong

Great early chance.
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 15:16 - Dec 26 with 3624 viewsTreforys_Jack

2 bad misses so far.
Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 15:16 - Dec 26 with 3618 viewstheloneranger

Poor effort from Lowe.

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 15:17 - Dec 26 with 3607 viewsJohnw102

Southampton v Swansea City : Match day thread on 15:16 - Dec 26 by Treforys_Jack

2 bad misses so far.

Yes but we are creating chances.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024