Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool 21:59 - Apr 26 with 9592 viewsSwaneeRiver

In recognition of today's long awaited verdict, IMO we should have a minute's applause in recognition that justice for the 96 has finally been achieved.
Before the Taylor report recommended all sorts of improvements, safety at sporting events in the UK was a lottery.
I particularly remember the replay Swans v Crystal Palace at Ninian Park, when the gates were opened and many more crowded in than should have been allowed. It could so easily have resulted in a tragedy similar to Hillsborough.
Finally RIP the 96
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 22:03 - Apr 26 with 5360 viewsairedale

Could be a goer, depends on the PTB on the day I guess.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 22:09 - Apr 26 with 5336 viewsoldgrey

Good post. I support that.
And i was at that palace game and well remember the crush.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 22:14 - Apr 26 with 5316 viewsDafyddHuw

27th minute - for the 27 year wait. Should be 96th min, of course.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 23:28 - Apr 26 with 5190 viewsChrisSCFC

Not our problem.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 23:36 - Apr 26 with 5163 viewsLoyal

It's over.
Let the families deal with it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 00:12 - Apr 27 with 5116 viewsBigPhilG

No
Let the families mourn in private at last
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 08:36 - Apr 27 with 4987 viewsraynor94

No, leave it for their next home game

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 09:18 - Apr 27 with 4941 viewsshandyjack

no thank you, time to move on

Poll: Expectation for the season

Login to get fewer ads

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 09:54 - Apr 27 with 4878 viewsdickythorpe

An unprecedented event is this, I'm pretty sure over the last 27 years our club and others have expressed support and sympathy to Liverpool.

We mustn't forget the tragedy but also we mustn't forget that our crock of shite team owe us a very committed performance!
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 10:20 - Apr 27 with 4841 viewsacejack3065

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 23:28 - Apr 26 by ChrisSCFC

Not our problem.

What do you mean not our problem?

27 years ago 96 FOOTBALL FANS went to a match and never came home. If we lost 96 of our own we would want a bit of solidarity from the footballing community.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 10:48 - Apr 27 with 4809 viewsDafyddHuw

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 10:20 - Apr 27 by acejack3065

What do you mean not our problem?

27 years ago 96 FOOTBALL FANS went to a match and never came home. If we lost 96 of our own we would want a bit of solidarity from the footballing community.

Innit. If it happens 10 miles outside Swansea, or isn't directly associated with the club, then it's NOT OUR PROBLEM. Ridiculous thing to post.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 11:32 - Apr 27 with 4760 viewslegoman

Think it might be quite a respectful gesture at 27 minutes imo. Don't have a problem with it as a one off event.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 11:50 - Apr 27 with 4738 viewsMorfa_Same

No, it's been done to death.

Leave it to Liverpool to mark the occasion if they wish at a future home match.

The rest of the football world should have moved on 20 years ago.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 12:14 - Apr 27 with 4698 viewsjasper_T

I'm sure they'll find a way to drag this stuff out for another few years somehow.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 12:19 - Apr 27 with 4692 viewscockneyswan

Not our problem.

Terrible post, it's bad enough to loose a loved one at a football match, but to then have to wait 27 years for the authorities to admit they were wrong to blame the fans for the tragedy is a terrible burden to bear, the least we as fellow football supporters can do is show some sympathy.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 12:45 - Apr 27 with 4641 viewscanhecatchit

Perhaps on the 39th minute or for the year, 85th minute we should remember the deaths of the 39 Juventus fans that the Liverpool thugs caused as well, anyone hear the courts and news reports going on about that? No the scousers brushed that under the carpet
[Post edited 27 Apr 2016 12:48]

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 12:48 - Apr 27 with 4631 viewsmonmouth

I think it would actually be disrespectful for us to presume to do anything unless Liverpool request it, in which case we should agree to their wishes.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 12:58 - Apr 27 with 4602 viewsgandhiaber

Same thing happened against Bistol Rovers in 81' i think. So many Swans fans outside, Swans scored and they opened the gate, everyone just pushed through to see the match.
Could have been awful, but i think everyone had tickets, don't think this was the case at Hillsborough.
No bottle neck either, just one terrace.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 14:12 - Apr 27 with 4496 viewsymaohyd

Not our problem.

Dear lord!

I've read numerous posts from the dedicated Hillsborough thread and still find it insulting to be honest that some still want to nit pick over words/terminology. 'Well they did after all surge' etc etc.

The fact is 96 people went to a football match and didn't return, leaving many, many more grief stricken relatives to come to terms with losing a loved one.

A truly awful result of gross negligence and incompetence. The powers that be, including some of the press tried to blame 'Us' rank and file football fans.

That day it could have been any set of fans. We all have a duty, no matter where your allegiances lie, as football fans to commemorate this verdict as a show of strength to those who thought they could get away with lies and shift the blame onto the shoulders of an easy target......your rank and file football fan!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 14:25 - Apr 27 with 4473 viewsUxbridge

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 12:48 - Apr 27 by monmouth

I think it would actually be disrespectful for us to presume to do anything unless Liverpool request it, in which case we should agree to their wishes.

Is the right answer.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 14:37 - Apr 27 with 4458 viewsfather_jack

how many fans do we have to have a love in with nowadays

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 15:07 - Apr 27 with 4410 viewsLoyal

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 14:37 - Apr 27 by father_jack

how many fans do we have to have a love in with nowadays

Exactly, the year the Southend love in started was the same year both sets of fans were booting each other round the fcking pier.

Load of bollox all of it.

Swansea it is. No other fckr.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 15:30 - Apr 27 with 4383 viewsGretsch

As long as a few idiots don't make us look pathetic on the day by booing whatever, then I will join in whatever we decide.

After Saturdays surrender our stock isn't very high at the moment anyway.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 16:13 - Apr 27 with 4315 viewsOxOsp

I'm ashamed about some of the comments on here, but maybe they come from a position of ignorance. If you weren't a football fan in the eighties, then maybe you don't appreciate the significance of yesterday's decision..

The Hillsborough whitewash was part of the establishment's class war.

Perhaps some people should read this article from today...

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/what-being-fan-1980s-was-and-what-hillsborou

I was 10 when I stood in the away end at Anfield and we had the minute's silence for Bill Shankley (Tosh removing his Swans shirt to reveal a Liverpool shirt underneath). We, Swansea fans, spontaneously sang Walk On at the end of the silence.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 16:25 - Apr 27 with 4291 viewsjasper_T

People have been moaning about hillsborough non-stop for years. No one is ignorant of it you condescending plank.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024