Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Beckham 22:25 - Feb 3 with 4726 viewsDarran

lol

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2780648/david-beckham-emails-unicef-charity-knight

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

David Beckham on 03:34 - Feb 4 with 3717 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Those pesky Russians.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

David Beckham on 09:24 - Feb 4 with 3543 viewsJack_Meoff

What's he done to evoke Murdoch's ire one wonders?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

David Beckham on 09:31 - Feb 4 with 3517 viewswaynekerr55

I've never quite understood how he is perceived as this wonderful family man when he's known for participating in extra curricular activity on more than one occasion.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

David Beckham on 11:09 - Feb 4 with 3383 viewswestside

Bizarre why he would even be considered for a knighthood in the first place.

All he could do is cross a ball and then married posh spice and had the spice girl marketing machine behind him.
David Beckham on 11:14 - Feb 4 with 3368 viewsDafyddHuw

David Beckham on 09:31 - Feb 4 by waynekerr55

I've never quite understood how he is perceived as this wonderful family man when he's known for participating in extra curricular activity on more than one occasion.

Most disappointing to me was him going for big bucks to America after PSG, when he obviously didn't need the money and he was only 31. Never been anyone I've admired as a person.
David Beckham on 11:44 - Feb 4 with 3327 viewsE20Jack

He went to PSG after he went to the states, he was 38 and donated all his ewrnings from his PSG stint to charity.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

David Beckham on 12:09 - Feb 4 with 3284 viewspencoedjack

David Beckham on 11:44 - Feb 4 by E20Jack

He went to PSG after he went to the states, he was 38 and donated all his ewrnings from his PSG stint to charity.

Funny how they didn't print that
David Beckham on 12:21 - Feb 4 with 3256 viewslondonlisa2001

David Beckham on 09:31 - Feb 4 by waynekerr55

Some particularly amusing stories circulating amongst the parents of two London schools...

Having said that, I think he seems like a nice bloke, who handles himself well, is obviously devoted to his children, and is, yes, guilty of being a publicity hound, but also does a huge amount for charity, for whatever reason.

He's obviously p*ssed off the Sun - I guess if you court them, they always turn in the end.
Login to get fewer ads

David Beckham on 12:24 - Feb 4 with 3252 viewsDarran

David Beckham on 11:44 - Feb 4 by E20Jack

Somehow I find it highly unlikely that he was getting fuçk all for playing for PSG but that's just probably me living in the real world.

David Beckham on 12:39 - Feb 4 with 3208 viewsE20Jack

David Beckham on 12:24 - Feb 4 by Darran

Somehow I find it highly unlikely that he was getting fuçk all for playing for PSG but that's just probably me living in the real world.

No idea, but considering their family is worth £500m+ I don't really have reason to believe that he wouldn't donate £3.4m to charity (half of which would have been taxed if he took as salary).

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/david-beckham-finally-agree

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

David Beckham on 14:32 - Feb 4 with 3040 viewslifelong

I like Beckham.
David Beckham on 14:37 - Feb 4 with 3023 viewssherpajacob

David Beckham on 09:24 - Feb 4 by Jack_Meoff

What's he done to evoke Murdoch's ire one wonders?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36584685

It's not fking rocket science.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

David Beckham on 14:37 - Feb 4 with 3023 viewsDarran

David Beckham on 14:32 - Feb 4 by lifelong

I like Beckham.

I don't dislike Beckham.

David Beckham on 14:55 - Feb 4 with 2970 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

David Beckham on 14:37 - Feb 4 by sherpajacob

init

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

David Beckham on 15:04 - Feb 4 with 2942 viewsdickythorpe

Massively overrated. Cringing to listen to. A man whore.
David Beckham on 16:27 - Feb 4 with 2858 viewsLoyal

The quote from him says ' would of ' which makes him a cnt.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

David Beckham on 16:31 - Feb 4 with 2846 viewsWingstandwood

Everything 'The-Beckham’s' does is for financial gain, product placement, self-publicity and selfish motives.

Take his wife for example? When she took her publicity-prop of a son to meet more publicity props i.e. underprivileged Cajun kids on a (*cough, cough, cough*) poverty awareness mission. The poverty awareness mission where she donated product merchandise of one of her husband's main multi-million Pound sponsors i.e. ADIDAS for it to then appear in Hello Magazine. What charity hey! Or should that be what a Brand-Beckham initiative hey?

I suspect a lot of the streetwise lot in this board (with common sense in abundance) will never fall for Brand-Beckham bulls#it like some brainwashed sheep!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1227770/Victoria-Beckham-takes-son-

Argus!

David Beckham on 17:33 - Feb 4 with 2770 viewsStarsky

David Beckham on 14:32 - Feb 4 by lifelong

I like Beckham.

Me too

It's just the internet, init.

David Beckham on 18:00 - Feb 4 with 2713 viewsJack_Meoff

David Beckham on 14:37 - Feb 4 by sherpajacob

Course mun, had completely forgotten. Ta (apart from the fking bit, like)

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

David Beckham on 18:12 - Feb 4 with 2695 viewsskippyjack

F*cking ell.. it's just a knighthood David.. it doesn't give you devine powers and mystical fantasies..

Look at Huw Jenkins.. relying on football fans to save his season and possibly job.. but he'll probably congratulate himself.. and take all the plaudits like he created an anomaly.. the quimby.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

David Beckham on 18:16 - Feb 4 with 2674 viewsblueytheblue

David Beckham on 12:09 - Feb 4 by pencoedjack

Funny how they didn't print that

Did L'equipe, who ran the story before the Sun did?

Maybe Murdoch controls the French too...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

David Beckham on 18:26 - Feb 4 with 2649 viewsLeonWasGod

David Beckham on 12:39 - Feb 4 by E20Jack

No idea, but considering their family is worth £500m+ I don't really have reason to believe that he wouldn't donate £3.4m to charity (half of which would have been taxed if he took as salary).

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/david-beckham-finally-agree

Yep, no reason why he couldn't. On top of that net worth he'd have all his sponsorship money coming in. I wouldn't be surprised if that's worth more than the salary he donated. A nice gesture nonetheless.

I don't mind the bloke at all. He obviously looked after himself responsibly given how long he played. And he had a wand of a right foot.
David Beckham on 18:28 - Feb 4 with 2641 viewsGlyn1

Personally, I'll never accept anything less than a Dukedom, no matter how much they beg. Being called 'Mister' should be enough for anyone.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

David Beckham on 18:54 - Feb 4 with 2599 viewsWingstandwood

David Beckham on 18:16 - Feb 4 by blueytheblue

Did L'equipe, who ran the story before the Sun did?

Maybe Murdoch controls the French too...

Up until now the U.K press/media have been an incredibly good ally/over generous collaborator to 'Brand-Beckham' !

I assume it's now reached the time for the knocking down part of the "Build em up to knock em down" route thats so often used. He has had an easy ride. Nobody really questioned the sincerity/reasoning/motives/validity of a lot of the 'Brand-Beckham' bullsh#t.

I remember watching a ridiculous ITV news piece where Beckham was allowed to promote his (*cough, cough, cough*) healthy eating campaign. It was nothing but a fawning product placement advertisement for his healthy eating for kids fish-finger range and was insanely presented as a news item. His smarmy expressed concern for kids health being a downright f#cking lie. After all he has lined his pockets from unhealthy product selling allies i.e. Walkers Crisps, Coca Cola, Pepsi and Burger King.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2017 19:37]

Argus!

David Beckham on 20:05 - Feb 4 with 2481 viewsLeonWasGod

David Beckham on 16:27 - Feb 4 by Loyal

The quote from him says ' would of ' which makes him a cnt.

Yeah, he should of said something else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024