Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement: My squad is imbalanced 08:14 - Oct 24 with 7938 viewsHeadmaster

"I've got the squad I have until 1 January, so no complaints or whingeing or moaning about it," he added.

"I've just go to get on with it and maybe then we can address some of the balance issues when it comes to January. Maybe."

Well, this doesn't sound like a man who's happy with his squad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41727625?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:17 - Oct 24 with 3873 viewsshandyjack

well nobody forced him to have 8 midfielders on the books, maybe he should have been more vocal against the board for not delivering the balance he was after in the window. these are excuses which he is partly responsible for

Poll: Expectation for the season

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:19 - Oct 24 with 3865 views3swan

I did read that earlier and thought is he finally breaking ranks and starting the pressure for the January window, or looking for an excuse?

Hope it’s the first
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:22 - Oct 24 with 3843 viewsHeadmaster

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:17 - Oct 24 by shandyjack

well nobody forced him to have 8 midfielders on the books, maybe he should have been more vocal against the board for not delivering the balance he was after in the window. these are excuses which he is partly responsible for

I said the same when Guidolin said he was happy with his squad, when he clearly wasn't. I got hammered for it of course.

The common denominator in all this is Jenkins and our p!ss poor recruitment. We all know that. Nothing will be done about it though.
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:34 - Oct 24 with 3782 viewsTheResurrection

I think this is the last straw for me.

Fack off Clement. Get out.

You went and brought in ANOTHER midfield player last day of the window.

And it's YOU that doesn't like to play with WIDTH.

ALL EXCUSES.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:34 - Oct 24 with 3782 viewsJethroJack

We have an "imbalanced" squad because we have an "unbalanced" board with a manager between a rock and a hard place. As many have already said, this situation has been created by the last 2 piss poor summer windows...and now Clem's saying we need to sort it in the next January window, which is obviously more difficult than the longer summer window. You couldn't make it up!
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:37 - Oct 24 with 3768 viewsLandore_Jack

A bit of a contrast compared to this:

“I can’t lie and say we haven’t lost some good players. We have.

“But the ins that we got are very good and I am pleased with the size of the squad.

“We brought the numbers down and it’s far more manageable. I would go for this squad now — 100 per cent

http://www.football365.com/news/clement-swansea-squad-is-better-without-sigurdss

#backtojack

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:37 - Oct 24 with 3768 viewsDrGonzo

Either he caused the imbalance or accepted what was forced upon him by the powers above. If the later he should have resigned. Coward or idiot.
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:44 - Oct 24 with 3736 viewsAnotherJohn

The depressing thing is that many on PS pointed out the lack of balance (and the gaps) well before the window ended. If they toned this down it was also because of the brickbats they were getting from certain of the usual suspects who thought everything was wonderful.
Login to get fewer ads

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:44 - Oct 24 with 3732 viewsFireboy2

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:37 - Oct 24 by DrGonzo

Either he caused the imbalance or accepted what was forced upon him by the powers above. If the later he should have resigned. Coward or idiot.

Would you resign from a well paid job or just try to do the best with the squad you have been given?

What's the worst that could happen?

He gets the sack with a decent severance pay off
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:47 - Oct 24 with 3711 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:44 - Oct 24 by Fireboy2

Would you resign from a well paid job or just try to do the best with the squad you have been given?

What's the worst that could happen?

He gets the sack with a decent severance pay off

Resign? No. Express my feelings in an appropriate manner in a press conference? Of course.

Instead he backed the transfers. He is a coward and a hypocrite if he has started to blame the squad now the results are not going well.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:47 - Oct 24 with 3710 viewswhoflungdung

My point entirely

Manager? My arse

He s taken control by being manager and that means taking responsibility

We could rid ourselves of four midfielders and bring in two strikers

Shocking waste of profit made .Unforgivable

It's not asking for much really

Just get the feck out Clem

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:53 - Oct 24 with 3680 viewsFireboy2

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:47 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Resign? No. Express my feelings in an appropriate manner in a press conference? Of course.

Instead he backed the transfers. He is a coward and a hypocrite if he has started to blame the squad now the results are not going well.

Yeah of course he's going to lambast the summer signings as they happen FFS

I'm not backing PC btw as I think he is showing his managerial inexperience atm

Just hope he and his team can get through this rough spell
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:11 - Oct 24 with 3601 views34dfgdf54

Why did he authorise Kingsleys move to Hull then?!
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:16 - Oct 24 with 3575 viewsWarwickHunt

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:11 - Oct 24 by 34dfgdf54

Too attacking?
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:19 - Oct 24 with 3538 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:11 - Oct 24 by 34dfgdf54

Reading between the lines he was told to get the numbers down.

We’re going round in circles. We desperately need a manager who will stand up and be counted. We won’t appoint a manager with those qualities because Jenkins won’t appoint one. We will continue to change managers until relegation then anything can happen.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:20 - Oct 24 with 3528 viewsSTID2017

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:47 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If, as you say, he backed the summer signings, only to now turn on the squad and blame them, that is gutless.
However, I feel the truth is that the board wouldn't sanction the signings he wanted, either because the sales of Llorente and Gylfi hadn't been completed, or because they didn't want pay the transfer fees, salaries or both of the players he really wanted here,. In that respect I feel a bit sorry for him.
He obviously lacks confidence in himself, otherwise he would have sold his case to the club to get in the players he wanted and needed.
The same lack of confidence and experience shows with his team selection, the way he sends them out to play, and substitutions.
He talks about the January window, but if results continue as they have so far this season, the board, never mind the fans, won't back him until then.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:24 - Oct 24 with 3502 viewsA_Fans_Dad

His last word says it all.
"Maybe"
Doesn't it just fill you with confidence?
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:26 - Oct 24 with 3492 viewsjack247

The only surprise for me here is that he has come out and said this now, though I guess he thinks his job is under threat and is reacting to that.

Whatever we think about cowardice, self-respect etc, he knows that if he gets sacked from here, he’s unlikely to get another PL job anytime soon. No way was he going to say he was unhappy with the squad in August. I bet he was though.

Regardless of that, he picks the team, he determines the way we play and the players he has got are capable of more than he has been getting out of them.
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:26 - Oct 24 with 3488 viewsSmellyplumz

This guy is totally floundering, excuse after excuse.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:27 - Oct 24 with 3479 viewsTheResurrection

We are short in cover here and there but a Chadli coming in in January or other wide man would have meant the world of difference.

Truth of the matter is he doesn't like to play with width. He likes his deep blocks blah blah blah.

And he continues to pick an 11 that go out on the pitch unbalanced. That's his doing. Narsingh hugging the touchline and the rest all around the centre circle.

He's lost the plot.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:28 - Oct 24 with 3473 viewspencoedjack

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:20 - Oct 24 by STID2017

If, as you say, he backed the summer signings, only to now turn on the squad and blame them, that is gutless.
However, I feel the truth is that the board wouldn't sanction the signings he wanted, either because the sales of Llorente and Gylfi hadn't been completed, or because they didn't want pay the transfer fees, salaries or both of the players he really wanted here,. In that respect I feel a bit sorry for him.
He obviously lacks confidence in himself, otherwise he would have sold his case to the club to get in the players he wanted and needed.
The same lack of confidence and experience shows with his team selection, the way he sends them out to play, and substitutions.
He talks about the January window, but if results continue as they have so far this season, the board, never mind the fans, won't back him until then.

I don't feel sorry for him, if he is being dictated to by Jenkins he should of walked.

His stock was high in the summer after the excellent job he done keeping us up, he would of had a new job very quickly.
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:33 - Oct 24 with 3437 viewsDewi1jack

I think we all know the problem ladies and gents.

Capt Beaky, who controls the band, will ensure that only "yes men" who will massage his rather tiny, unconfident ego are hired.
Or someone who can work with 25 goalkeepers

So, no matter what halfway decent managers/ coaches we get linked with, if they look as if they'd stand up to the chairman/ DoF, there's no fuggin chance of them rocking up

Clement could have said things like "he hopes to bring in more before the window closes to balance the side/ could do with back up to a couple of positions etc etc" to show his displeasure, without being over the top/ lambasting the board.
That way, he wouldn't have had to resign/ walk away/ lose out on a compo when (if) he's sacked

Bit late to change your mind now.
The time to do so was PRIOR to the window closing.

Not to be as quiet and acquiescent as our Trust board are

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:36 - Oct 24 with 3428 viewsSTID2017

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:28 - Oct 24 by pencoedjack

I don't feel sorry for him, if he is being dictated to by Jenkins he should of walked.

His stock was high in the summer after the excellent job he done keeping us up, he would of had a new job very quickly.

His stock was high, and he would have had lots of job offers, however I feel it all comes back to his lack of self-belief.
He may be stubborn and self-opinionated in his persistent choice of certain players and reluctance to play others, but totally lacks confidence IMO
Maybe it best for him to go now, and get someone like Koeman in, who would suit us down to the ground

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:48 - Oct 24 with 3382 viewswhoflungdung

Irony indeed if Clem went to Everton with Koeman coming to us

Stranger things have happened I'm sure

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 10:34 - Oct 24 with 3257 viewsLandore_Jack

This is what he said yesterday:

“We’re a little bit short at the back, particularly the left-back spot. Martin (Olsson) is playing and who’s pushing him?

“If there is an issue who would be able to step in? You’d be asking a player who’s not a natural left-back or you go down into the next level at your club.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/paul-clement-admits-what-every-13801

This is what he said after selling Kingsley:

I think we’ll be okay at left-back,” Clement said. “We have got Martin, we know Sam can play in that position if required and we also know Kyle Naughton can play in that position.

“I think we will stay as we are as far as left-back goes.”

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/clement-right-time-kingsley-switch
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 10:36]

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024