Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another "on the cheap" decision 18:42 - Dec 28 with 4416 viewsdickythorpe

What a joke appointment. But with Mawson off somewhere next week. It's quids (dollars) in for Huw and the Yanks!!!

Ruining us.
Another "on the cheap" decision on 18:47 - Dec 28 with 4369 viewsItchySphincter

I agree its probably a cheap option but I don't think its a joke appointment.

We're nailed on to go down so might as well roll the dice now. I guarantee that this bloke will attempt to play the football we crave.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Another "on the cheap" decision on 18:52 - Dec 28 with 4325 viewsGaz_M

Awful, awful post.
Another "on the cheap" decision on 18:55 - Dec 28 with 4285 viewsjack2jack

Come on DT, you never know,look what happened last season,silver linings and all that.
Another "on the cheap" decision on 18:56 - Dec 28 with 4279 viewsmax936

Another "on the cheap" decision on 18:47 - Dec 28 by ItchySphincter

I agree its probably a cheap option but I don't think its a joke appointment.

We're nailed on to go down so might as well roll the dice now. I guarantee that this bloke will attempt to play the football we crave.

We haven't the players, Dyer and Routs are not the players they were 6 yrs ago, Dyer is a trier Routs to but his skills have left him, we're not gonna splash any cash imo.

Carvalhal had a press conference earlier, but I don't know what he said about players coming in or if he's been promised any.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Another "on the cheap" decision on 19:01 - Dec 28 with 4223 viewsEU5Makaveli

Yes it’s an uninspiring appointment, but given our situation what else do you expect?

He’s only been here a few hours and already being written off by some.
Another "on the cheap" decision on 19:01 - Dec 28 with 4221 viewsItchySphincter

Another "on the cheap" decision on 18:56 - Dec 28 by max936

We haven't the players, Dyer and Routs are not the players they were 6 yrs ago, Dyer is a trier Routs to but his skills have left him, we're not gonna splash any cash imo.

Carvalhal had a press conference earlier, but I don't know what he said about players coming in or if he's been promised any.

We have the players to play a damn sight better than they have been, that would do for a start. If he can get a midfield going with the likes of Fulton, Mesa, Carrol and Clucas and get Olson bombing on like last year and Naughton being more decisive we have more than enough in the tank and good enough strikers to turn poor results against the likes of Burnley and Watford in to points.

That's why Clement lost the players - he couldn't get them going against those teams due to his tactics being so dire so how could they not freeze againstthe likes of City? Carvalhal won't have that.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Another "on the cheap" decision on 19:04 - Dec 28 with 4198 viewsdickythorpe

Another "on the cheap" decision on 18:52 - Dec 28 by Gaz_M

Awful, awful post.

Gaz M are you a Huw sympathiser?
Another "on the cheap" decision on 19:30 - Dec 28 with 4082 viewsAnotherJohn

He says he is not going to buy his way out of trouble in an Indy article. That must be music to Huw's ears. Utterly depressing.
Login to get fewer ads

Another "on the cheap" decision on 19:31 - Dec 28 with 4065 viewsGaz_M

Another "on the cheap" decision on 19:04 - Dec 28 by dickythorpe

Gaz M are you a Huw sympathiser?

No, and you don't know that Mawson is going.

Stop speculating and pretending to know what you're talking about.
Another "on the cheap" decision on 19:33 - Dec 28 with 4038 viewsmax936

Another "on the cheap" decision on 19:30 - Dec 28 by AnotherJohn

He says he is not going to buy his way out of trouble in an Indy article. That must be music to Huw's ears. Utterly depressing.

He's been told we haven't a pot to piss then and just happy to have the job, yes Huw no Huw three bags full Huw.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Another "on the cheap" decision on 06:29 - Dec 29 with 3695 viewsdickythorpe

Another "on the cheap" decision on 19:31 - Dec 28 by Gaz_M

No, and you don't know that Mawson is going.

Stop speculating and pretending to know what you're talking about.

Wum
Another "on the cheap" decision on 08:36 - Dec 29 with 3520 viewscostalotta

Another "on the cheap" decision on 19:30 - Dec 28 by AnotherJohn

They may have spoken by Carlos. But make no mistake, they are Huw's words.
Another "on the cheap" decision on 09:23 - Dec 29 with 3343 viewsPrivate_Partz

Another "on the cheap" decision on 08:36 - Dec 29 by costalotta

They may have spoken by Carlos. But make no mistake, they are Huw's words.

Dicky has a point.
Problem is who else could we have got in?
We have to give this guy a chance. He might not be a yes man. He affectively said at the presser that he does not spend for the sake of it and wants to look at the player so initially. He certainly did not rule out any changes to the squad. Fair commmet for me but the problem is there is very little time to do that. The result of yet more dithering and poor timing from Jenkins.
We gave Blobby a chance and that did not work out well. We also gave Frankie and Clement our support and they had some success before Jenkins wrecked them.
This is the last throw of the dice. It shows how far we have dropped that we have to go for Championship managers but Carlos is all we have got now.
We need to support him and the team whilst ensuring we keep the pressure on to get the sellouts and the Yanks out of our club.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Another "on the cheap" decision on 09:27 - Dec 29 with 3323 viewscostalotta

Another "on the cheap" decision on 09:23 - Dec 29 by Private_Partz

Dicky has a point.
We have to give this guy a chance. He might not be a yes man. He affectively said at the presser that he does not spend for the sake of it and wants to look at the player so initially. He certainly did not rule out any changes to the squad. Fair commmet for me but the problem is there is very little time to do that. The result of yet more dithering and poor timing from Jenkins.
We gave Blobby a chance and that did not work out well. We also gave Frankie and Clement our support and they had some success before Jenkins wrecked them.
This is the last throw of the dice. It shows how far we have dropped that we have to go for Championship managers but Carlos is all we have got now.
We need to support him and the team whilst ensuring we keep the pressure on to get the sellouts and the Yanks out of our club.

Definitely have to give Carlos our full support.

I've just watched his press conference and he does seem to be a positive bloke and much more outgoing sort of character than Clement was. That could work in our favour if his infectiousness is bought into buy the players.

I actually enjoyed listening to him but of course it's more important to enjoy his football being played by our team.

Let's see how this pans out and Im sure we are all wishing him the best of luck.
Another "on the cheap" decision on 09:51 - Dec 29 with 3242 viewsmonmouth

A win tomorrow would change the mood and might even change the strategy. Tomorrow is basically it for us I think.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Another "on the cheap" decision on 09:59 - Dec 29 with 3200 viewswhoflungdung

Carlos.is being crucified before his first game . Typical of us.

I'm in awe of him coming to a shitstorm of a club like ours and we ll just have to see what unfolds.

He s here for the rest of the season.

A reminder for our PS experts ...Pulis, ugly football , Alladyce ditto, two experienced managers who would secure us but not good enough for us .

Carlos ideally would see Routledge,Carroll,naughton, exit the club with immediate effect being replaced with players with simple guts.

The fact they will stay with us is telling and shows why we are in this mess

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Another "on the cheap" decision on 10:04 - Dec 29 with 3168 viewsFireboy2

Dicky has a point.

PP your last sentence is spot on matey

For me im resigned (again) to relegation so im hoping carlos the jackal can bring a bit of energy to the team and they can play some positive football

If we are going to go down lets go down fighting but lets not lose sight on why we are in this sh!t again
Another "on the cheap" decision on 10:20 - Dec 29 with 3129 viewsSTID2017

Another "on the cheap" decision on 10:04 - Dec 29 by Fireboy2

PP your last sentence is spot on matey

For me im resigned (again) to relegation so im hoping carlos the jackal can bring a bit of energy to the team and they can play some positive football

If we are going to go down lets go down fighting but lets not lose sight on why we are in this sh!t again

I remember Leicester fans getting behind their team when they faced relegation - they were like the 12th man.
We need to do this starting tomorrow at Watford

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Another "on the cheap" decision on 10:22 - Dec 29 with 3119 viewswaynekerr55

Dicky has a point.

Who else?

The answer is for Gonzo to show a backbone and take the job he clearly craves but is too scared to do himself.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Another on 11:19 - Dec 29 with 3002 viewsPrivate_Partz

Another "on the cheap" decision on 10:22 - Dec 29 by waynekerr55

Who else?

The answer is for Gonzo to show a backbone and take the job he clearly craves but is too scared to do himself.

I was referring to this point in time Wayne.
Our club has become a joke and a poisoned chalice.
If we parted company with a manager whilst playing the game the right way on and off the field they would be queuing up to manage our club.
We are not and they are not.
I think we are lucky to get a guy with a bit if passion like Carlos. The only other alternative is a young hungry coach on the continent.
Unfortunately our DOF seems to look no further than the UK for recruitment, and Falkirk in particular.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 11:21]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Another "on the cheap" decision on 12:54 - Dec 29 with 2835 viewsLoyal

Jenkins is making millions for the yanks.
Llorente, Mawson soon ? GYlfi. They must love him.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Another on 13:21 - Dec 29 with 2760 viewswaynekerr55

Another on 11:19 - Dec 29 by Private_Partz

I was referring to this point in time Wayne.
Our club has become a joke and a poisoned chalice.
If we parted company with a manager whilst playing the game the right way on and off the field they would be queuing up to manage our club.
We are not and they are not.
I think we are lucky to get a guy with a bit if passion like Carlos. The only other alternative is a young hungry coach on the continent.
Unfortunately our DOF seems to look no further than the UK for recruitment, and Falkirk in particular.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 11:21]

Apologies for my sarcasm Mr PP 😉

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Another "on the cheap" decision on 15:21 - Dec 29 with 2625 viewsLeonWasGod

Let's just see what happens shall we. We will never be able to buy our way up this league. We have to do it through getting the best out of the players we have, supplemented by clever recruitment in key areas (yes I know same problems).

Let's see what this guy brings to the coaching and motivation sides before judging him. And let's give him a bit of time for once.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024