Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Proud of the fight today 21:50 - Jan 2 with 3045 viewsTheKirkyLife

The majority can be negative if you like, I thought this was a very spirited display against Tottenham. Bad decisions went against us and we lack the quality to punish the big teams when they get complacent.

VDH and Sanches get individual praise surely. Both of them look like completely different players to when they first arrived and Narsingh too is showing continuing signs of dangerous consistency.

We need a new RB in pronto however with Angel injured. Let's give Reid from the U23s a chance against Wolves and go again for next week.
Proud of the fight today on 21:52 - Jan 2 with 2249 viewsBobby_Fischer

Agree with most of that, I even think Clucas played a lot better.

There is some hope with a few decent signings and Bony coming back.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Proud of the fight today on 21:52 - Jan 2 with 2242 viewsdickythorpe

BELIEVE
Proud of the fight today on 21:54 - Jan 2 with 2211 viewswhoflungdung

Feel same way but things are conspiring against us and our Board seem hapless and hopeless

Clement clearly damaged us and for me worse than Bob Bobbly

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Proud of the fight today on 21:56 - Jan 2 with 2182 viewsjack2jack

Dare I say a good second half, and a bit of spirit and fight,more of the same please.
Proud of the fight today on 21:58 - Jan 2 with 2138 viewsawayjack

Good second half. Shame we didn't have striker and unlucky with decisions and post!
Proud of the fight today on 21:59 - Jan 2 with 2118 viewsItchySphincter

Terrible first half. Visibly grew in confidence second half.

Shame we need so much time on the ball and telegraph just about every pass but you could definitely see a bit of belief returning so that's a positive.

Someone's going to break Dele Alli's legs one day though and I for one won't shed a tear. A thoroughly unpleasant footballer.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Proud of the fight today on 22:00 - Jan 2 with 2097 viewswhoflungdung

CC has had two games very quickly with little time to get to know players

I don't say we have a chance with him

Proud of the fight today on 22:00 - Jan 2 with 2083 viewsMrSwerve

I'm also quietly confident after that. We need Bony back ASAP.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Proud of the fight today on 22:01 - Jan 2 with 2078 viewsjacksfullaces

great second half performance.

new manager revitalising a very average squad as best he can and they have upped their game for him.

doesn't preclude the negativity about the idiots that have assembled this squad, and hints in the managers interview just then not much will be coming in and he works with what he has got.

sadly when what he has got don't raise their game as they did second half today it will be as you were.

was shouting with the best of them tonight thought - need momentum for anything to happen with this squad, and quickly. time is not our friend though and quality is still the key issue in my mind.
Proud of the fight today on 22:03 - Jan 2 with 2040 viewsmagicdaps10

More confident than I ever have been but not 100% confident.

Sanches showed me what he is about tonight.....will say it again, a good no 10 and winger and we have a chance.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Proud of the fight today on 22:04 - Jan 2 with 2039 viewsLeonWasGod

Better in 2nd. Just a shame that with the extra effort the quality and decision making suffers. First half was absolutely awful though.

Bottom line I don't think we've got enough to stay up without a couple of quality additions this month.
Proud of the fight today on 22:07 - Jan 2 with 1996 viewsKennedy

This month..

Signings like a much needed RB should already be holding up a jersey.

Just call me JFK

Proud of the fight today on 22:09 - Jan 2 with 1960 viewsSmellyplumz

Brilleg post by op #grit #believe

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Proud of the fight today on 22:20 - Jan 2 with 1884 viewsmax936

Proud of the fight today on 21:52 - Jan 2 by Bobby_Fischer

Carlos mentioned the possibility of a new player or two, but then said if not he's happy with his squad, doesn't look vey positive could go either way, but I doubt anything's imminent going by what he said, which isn't a surprise they're more interested in trying to cover their backs at moment.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Proud of the fight today on 22:26 - Jan 2 with 1820 viewswhoflungdung

I d say we re in dire need of players

Right now

Right folkn now

Proud of the fight today on 22:29 - Jan 2 with 1782 viewsLoyal

I agree loads of positives in attitude, but so disappointing to have the main incidents all go against us again.
A bit like when you are a dead cert for a shag and all you get is a smelly finger and tongues. Hope for the future, but more luck needed.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Proud of the fight today on 22:29 - Jan 2 with 1777 viewsjack2jack

Proud of the fight today on 22:20 - Jan 2 by max936

Carlos mentioned the possibility of a new player or two, but then said if not he's happy with his squad, doesn't look vey positive could go either way, but I doubt anything's imminent going by what he said, which isn't a surprise they're more interested in trying to cover their backs at moment.

Clement was told there is no money,don't shoot the messenger!
Proud of the fight today on 22:34 - Jan 2 with 1744 viewsawayjack

Proud of the fight today on 21:52 - Jan 2 by Bobby_Fischer

Agree Clucas had good 2nd half.
Proud of the fight today on 22:34 - Jan 2 with 1738 viewspencoedjack

Agree with all of that Kirky

I’d also add Olsson to the individual praise

Also someone mentioned snapping Ali’s legs I was hoping VDH was going to do it .... I hate seeing footballers injured but for that cheat I’d make an exception
Proud of the fight today on 22:37 - Jan 2 with 1718 viewsicecoldjack

Spot on from the OP .

VDH and Sanches were the pick for me . It makes a big difference when a defender goes in hard and softens the opposition instead of always standing off and running alongside . He walked that balance very well.

He made one error on the ball but even when moved out to full back he just got on with it even moving forward to put some nice through balls and a real quality cross.

Sanches is starting to look the part. Still holds it a bit too long but we need to have more movement . I thought he wanted the ball in all areas unlike carol and Clucas who are 2 of the poorest midfielders we've had in the last decade .
Proud of the fight today on 22:40 - Jan 2 with 1676 viewsjack2jack

Proud of the fight today on 22:37 - Jan 2 by icecoldjack

Spot on from the OP .

VDH and Sanches were the pick for me . It makes a big difference when a defender goes in hard and softens the opposition instead of always standing off and running alongside . He walked that balance very well.

He made one error on the ball but even when moved out to full back he just got on with it even moving forward to put some nice through balls and a real quality cross.

Sanches is starting to look the part. Still holds it a bit too long but we need to have more movement . I thought he wanted the ball in all areas unlike carol and Clucas who are 2 of the poorest midfielders we've had in the last decade .

Agreed VdH had a good game tonight fair play.
Proud of the fight today on 22:41 - Jan 2 with 1662 viewsGeoffThom

Proud of the fight today on 22:34 - Jan 2 by pencoedjack

Agree with all of that Kirky

I’d also add Olsson to the individual praise

Also someone mentioned snapping Ali’s legs I was hoping VDH was going to do it .... I hate seeing footballers injured but for that cheat I’d make an exception

Way to deep in the first half and invited them on bad mistake second half was like a breath of fresh air got right into them fair play vdh clucus and Sanches had the best games I've seen from them but dyer and Carroll can leave along with a finished Angel
Proud of the fight today on 22:47 - Jan 2 with 1625 viewsmax936

Proud of the fight today on 22:29 - Jan 2 by jack2jack

Clement was told there is no money,don't shoot the messenger!

Yet commentator said that we're better off financially than we were a few years back, WTF?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Proud of the fight today on 22:51 - Jan 2 with 1588 viewsSwanseaman

'Visitors claim controversial win'

'After the break, the visitors had a major let-off when Sanchez stayed on the pitch.
He should have been sent off in the 55th minute when he deserved a second booking '

'the Swans' second half fightback can give them hope of beating the drop this year '

from: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/swansea-0-2-tottenham-llore
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 23:07]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Proud of the fight today on 22:52 - Jan 2 with 1581 viewsjack2jack

Proud of the fight today on 22:47 - Jan 2 by max936

Yet commentator said that we're better off financially than we were a few years back, WTF?

Innit,go figure
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024