Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
van der Hoorn 00:44 - Mar 1 with 4309 viewsKerouac

...is now our best defender by a mile.
£2m? What a bargain!

If we can get £25m for Mawson DO IT.
He is a good lad but nowhere near as good as van der Hoorn.

The one who needs replacing (has done for about 3 f*cking years) is Kyle Bartley, use the profit from Mawson to get another HG centre-half (from the Championship) and a winger/no.10...then flog Bartley and invest in a young 4th choice centre-half with potential...and we will have improved our team...of course in reality they would trouser the cash, but I can but hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

van der Hoorn on 00:49 - Mar 1 with 3912 viewsLoyal

JVZ and Huw will be pleased 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

van der Hoorn on 02:38 - Mar 1 with 3836 viewsDyfnant

Bartley’s out of contract in the summer isn’t he.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

van der Hoorn on 05:26 - Mar 1 with 3775 viewsicecoldjack

If Bartley is out of contract in the summer then it's nothing short of negligence by our board ! we all know Bartley is capable in the championship at the very least so it makes no sense for him to walk away for free when it's an easy £5m if we wanted to sell.

Money is slipping through the clubs fingers on so many levels, it's shambolic .
van der Hoorn on 06:37 - Mar 1 with 3723 viewsDr_Winston

Bartley signed a nice four year contract at the start of the season.

We've got four decent central defenders. In an ideal world maybe we'd look at signing one who doesn't look as terrified in possession as Fernandez does but it's a fairly low priority at the moment.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

van der Hoorn on 08:03 - Mar 1 with 3586 viewskarnataka

As I said in an earlier thread: vdH has come on a bundle under Carlos but still appears to be 3rd in the pecking order behind FF & AM as he always seems to be the one sacrificed if we go to a back 4 but he does seem to be a more robust and uncompromising defender than either of the other 2 when it's needed and is less inclined to faff about.
van der Hoorn on 08:05 - Mar 1 with 3581 viewsNeath_Jack

F*ck me, it wasn't long ago that the brains trust on here were classing VDH as worse than Bartley.

Nowt as fickle as football fans aye.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

van der Hoorn on 08:08 - Mar 1 with 3569 viewsSwanjaxs

van der Hoorn on 08:03 - Mar 1 by karnataka

As I said in an earlier thread: vdH has come on a bundle under Carlos but still appears to be 3rd in the pecking order behind FF & AM as he always seems to be the one sacrificed if we go to a back 4 but he does seem to be a more robust and uncompromising defender than either of the other 2 when it's needed and is less inclined to faff about.

I said earlier in the season when VDH was taken off at half time home to Watford when Clement went to a flat back four we'd taken off the wrong centre half, same happened at Brighton....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

van der Hoorn on 08:09 - Mar 1 with 3567 viewsWhiterockin

van der Hoorn on 08:03 - Mar 1 by karnataka

If we play a back four Mawson should never play. He is fine when we play 3 central defenders but poor when we play 2. Saturday was a typical example when we changed the system.
Login to get fewer ads

van der Hoorn on 08:21 - Mar 1 with 3545 viewsbuilthjack

van der Hoorn on 08:09 - Mar 1 by Whiterockin

If we play a back four Mawson should never play. He is fine when we play 3 central defenders but poor when we play 2. Saturday was a typical example when we changed the system.

Spot on

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

van der Hoorn on 08:24 - Mar 1 with 3541 viewsnantywatcher

Daft OP!

VdH has a great attitude, but he is the weakest of good back four choice. We definitely need to hang on to Bartley, after a long injury and limited chances to play he's looking good. At times his distribution is sublime; more game time will only improve him (also he is the most natural leader in the squad.)
van der Hoorn on 09:20 - Mar 1 with 3448 viewsA_Fans_Dad

van der Hoorn on 08:24 - Mar 1 by nantywatcher

Daft OP!

VdH has a great attitude, but he is the weakest of good back four choice. We definitely need to hang on to Bartley, after a long injury and limited chances to play he's looking good. At times his distribution is sublime; more game time will only improve him (also he is the most natural leader in the squad.)

Definitely not.
FF is the weakest in tackles and distribution.
None of them is perfect and have different strengths and weaknesses, but usually make a good team.
But not when their confidence goes like under Bradley.
The bigger weakness defensively is in the middle, which puts more load on them.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2018 9:21]
van der Hoorn on 09:52 - Mar 1 with 3387 viewsKerouac

van der Hoorn on 08:24 - Mar 1 by nantywatcher

Daft OP!

I don't know what game you are watching but van der Hoorn is the best of the centre-backs in terms of who can play from the back.
Bartley is a liability bringing the ball forward.
Fernandez can't pass.
Mawson can pick a pass but makes some dodgy decisions.

van der Hoorn is also the most intelligent of the defenders, which is why he always seems to be in the right place at the right time. He reads the game.

He also doesn't f*ck about. When he makes a decision he sees the thing through, no nonsense.

I liked him from the start but admit he had a dodgy spell when he was in and out of the team, he made some errors.
The more he plays though the better he gets.
He would be first name on the team sheet for me right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

van der Hoorn on 10:11 - Mar 1 with 3353 viewswhiterock

van der Hoorn on 09:52 - Mar 1 by Kerouac

I don't know what game you are watching but van der Hoorn is the best of the centre-backs in terms of who can play from the back.
Bartley is a liability bringing the ball forward.
Fernandez can't pass.
Mawson can pick a pass but makes some dodgy decisions.

van der Hoorn is also the most intelligent of the defenders, which is why he always seems to be in the right place at the right time. He reads the game.

He also doesn't f*ck about. When he makes a decision he sees the thing through, no nonsense.

I liked him from the start but admit he had a dodgy spell when he was in and out of the team, he made some errors.
The more he plays though the better he gets.
He would be first name on the team sheet for me right now.

I like Mickey the Clog for his no nonsense style, row Z if in any doubt but that is not the Swansea way, we like to play it out from the back and Mawson is the only one that doesn't look flustered. Ash in his pomp was similar
van der Hoorn on 10:21 - Mar 1 with 3336 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Apart from his two mistakes for the critical first goal against Brighton. He opted to let the ball bounce in front of him instead of just making a headed clearance. Then he let the ball run to the Brighton player and needlessly fouled him to give away a penalty.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

van der Hoorn on 11:05 - Mar 1 with 3279 viewspencoedjack

van der Hoorn on 06:37 - Mar 1 by Dr_Winston

Bartley signed a nice four year contract at the start of the season.

We've got four decent central defenders. In an ideal world maybe we'd look at signing one who doesn't look as terrified in possession as Fernandez does but it's a fairly low priority at the moment.

Still getting the digs in about Fede I see
van der Hoorn on 11:14 - Mar 1 with 3262 viewsjasper_T

We bought Cian Harries as the "young centre half with potential" last summer.
van der Hoorn on 11:40 - Mar 1 with 3223 viewsDyfnant

All of our central defenders were destroyed by Bob Bradley. All except FF have very limited top level experience. The least useful is Bartley, born out by his lack of use by sucessive managers. He has as least stopped jumping into challenges as much but has proven ineffective from an offensive point of view at this level.
I’ll still be happy with Amat back provided he eases off a little with the man handling now VAR’s coming. This would also help balance the squad with a back up left sided centre back.
If an English premium bid comes for Bartley he should move on

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

van der Hoorn on 11:45 - Mar 1 with 3214 viewsTheKirkyLife

van der Hoorn on 11:40 - Mar 1 by Dyfnant

All of our central defenders were destroyed by Bob Bradley. All except FF have very limited top level experience. The least useful is Bartley, born out by his lack of use by sucessive managers. He has as least stopped jumping into challenges as much but has proven ineffective from an offensive point of view at this level.
I’ll still be happy with Amat back provided he eases off a little with the man handling now VAR’s coming. This would also help balance the squad with a back up left sided centre back.
If an English premium bid comes for Bartley he should move on

Good news about Amat as well is that Betis has sort of turned him into an Eric Dier type - he's consistently utilised as either a CB or CDM which would offer us another flexible player on top of Clucas and A. Ayew.

Would not be surprised to see all five CBs stay with us into 2019 if we stay in the league.
van der Hoorn on 12:00 - Mar 1 with 3182 viewsWhiterockin

van der Hoorn on 11:45 - Mar 1 by TheKirkyLife

Good news about Amat as well is that Betis has sort of turned him into an Eric Dier type - he's consistently utilised as either a CB or CDM which would offer us another flexible player on top of Clucas and A. Ayew.

Would not be surprised to see all five CBs stay with us into 2019 if we stay in the league.

Amat has played CDM a couple of time for us if I remember correctly.
van der Hoorn on 12:39 - Mar 1 with 3090 viewsBarrySwan

If VdHorn is our best defender then we're already down.

I don't even consider him to be premier standard.
van der Hoorn on 17:39 - Mar 1 with 2800 viewsAl_Bundy

We have 4 very average defenders at CB with Bartley being the worst of the 4
van der Hoorn on 18:22 - Mar 1 with 2755 viewsnantywatcher

van der Hoorn on 17:39 - Mar 1 by Al_Bundy

We have 4 very average defenders at CB with Bartley being the worst of the 4

Ever consider changing your user name to Al Numpty?
van der Hoorn on 18:28 - Mar 1 with 2740 viewsperplex

van der Hoorn on 08:05 - Mar 1 by Neath_Jack

F*ck me, it wasn't long ago that the brains trust on here were classing VDH as worse than Bartley.

Nowt as fickle as football fans aye.

He was, but he`s improved drastically play fair to him..
van der Hoorn on 19:14 - Mar 1 with 2692 viewsJango

van der Hoorn on 11:45 - Mar 1 by TheKirkyLife

Amat is an absolutely horrific centre half at this level.
van der Hoorn on 19:22 - Mar 1 with 2677 viewsNeath_Jack

van der Hoorn on 18:28 - Mar 1 by perplex

He was, but he`s improved drastically play fair to him..

No he wasn't, he really, really wasn't.

Bartley isn't as bad as people make out either. Especially as a fourth choice defender.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024