Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weakest squad at Swansea 23:10 - Feb 12 with 4261 viewsswancity

For at least 10 seasons

And no that’s not the fault of the management. The club is in transition. It’s adapting to a new way of life and it’s not pretty.

Think back to our last promotion from the Championship 9 years ago. A defence consisting of four from Monk Tate Williams Taylor Rangel. All experienced good pros. Leaders. Contrast and compare.

It’s tragic. But carry on blaming Cooper if that makes you feel better...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Weakest squad at Swansea on 23:25 - Feb 12 with 2517 viewsswan65split

You just cant see it can you?
Weakest squad at Swansea on 23:41 - Feb 12 with 2493 viewsBadlands

Of that back four only Williams get into our starting 11 on merit.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Weakest squad at Swansea on 00:51 - Feb 13 with 2440 viewsJacket

I'd say the back line is pretty similar in standard to the team that got promoted, it's the midfield that sets that side apart from the current lot. There's no linchpin in the middle to brake up play and keep things ticking over. But he was a linchpin to a well oiled machine, I didn't see no linchpin and certainly no well oiled machine last night.
Weakest squad at Swansea on 05:42 - Feb 13 with 2372 viewsjack247

We’re also playing in the weakest division we have for the last 10 seasons and have our worst manager, except for one, in that period
Weakest squad at Swansea on 06:10 - Feb 13 with 2358 viewsblackpooljack

Swancity you are Steve Cooper and i claim my £5
Weakest squad at Swansea on 06:54 - Feb 13 with 2311 viewsChief

Totally understand what the OP is saying. The people saying Connor Roberts is better than Rangel was are deluded.

But I will say that Cooper isn't immune from critisism either. Both at fault currently.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Weakest squad at Swansea on 07:31 - Feb 13 with 2266 viewsdickythorpe

We're in the top half of the league miraculously, but when we play teams lower than us it looks a real struggle
Weakest squad at Swansea on 07:46 - Feb 13 with 2250 views34dfgdf54

Weakest squad at Swansea on 06:54 - Feb 13 by Chief

Totally understand what the OP is saying. The people saying Connor Roberts is better than Rangel was are deluded.

But I will say that Cooper isn't immune from critisism either. Both at fault currently.

Who has said Connor Roberts is better than Rangel? I want names.
Login to get fewer ads

Weakest squad at Swansea on 08:03 - Feb 13 with 2227 viewsswancity

Weakest squad at Swansea on 00:51 - Feb 13 by Jacket

I'd say the back line is pretty similar in standard to the team that got promoted, it's the midfield that sets that side apart from the current lot. There's no linchpin in the middle to brake up play and keep things ticking over. But he was a linchpin to a well oiled machine, I didn't see no linchpin and certainly no well oiled machine last night.

The back four is a million miles from the 2010/11 team. No leaders ( except when VDH plays )of men out there

Rodon has potential and ability but was terrible on Tuesday night. The midfield is lacking players with drive and on the wings we need more pace just like Dyer and Routledge in their prime really.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Weakest squad at Swansea on 08:07 - Feb 13 with 2221 views34dfgdf54

Darren Pratley from that team would make a huge difference to this.

Does anyone know if there is a way of getting the "distance covered" stats from Championship teams this season? I know you could in the Premier League, I'm interested to know where our lot rank.
Weakest squad at Swansea on 08:28 - Feb 13 with 2176 viewsCaptain_Sham

Weakest squad at Swansea on 23:41 - Feb 12 by Badlands

Of that back four only Williams get into our starting 11 on merit.

Its just a ride.

Weakest squad at Swansea on 08:40 - Feb 13 with 2155 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I won’t blame Cooper if you can let me know why he got another central defender on loan instead of an additional central defensive midfielder, you know the type of player we’ve been missing for two seasons? Over to you nerdy

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Weakest squad at Swansea on 09:03 - Feb 13 with 2137 viewsjasper_T

Weakest squad at Swansea on 08:07 - Feb 13 by 34dfgdf54

Darren Pratley from that team would make a huge difference to this.

Does anyone know if there is a way of getting the "distance covered" stats from Championship teams this season? I know you could in the Premier League, I'm interested to know where our lot rank.

Get yourself a free trial of wyscout, they might have that data.
Weakest squad at Swansea on 09:35 - Feb 13 with 2095 viewswestwalesed

Weakest squad at Swansea on 08:40 - Feb 13 by Brynmill_Jack

I won’t blame Cooper if you can let me know why he got another central defender on loan instead of an additional central defensive midfielder, you know the type of player we’ve been missing for two seasons? Over to you nerdy

Baffling isn't it?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Weakest squad at Swansea on 09:38 - Feb 13 with 2087 viewsmonmouth

Weakest squad at Swansea on 07:31 - Feb 13 by dickythorpe

We're in the top half of the league miraculously, but when we play teams lower than us it looks a real struggle

And when we play teams above us, we lose.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Weakest squad at Swansea on 09:39 - Feb 13 with 2085 viewsVincent_Vega

Quick question, who would the 2008 League one winners fair against Coopers Crocks?

And before some smart arse comes back with 'oh Bodde would struggle now he's 37 and he's knees phucked' I mean prime 2008 league one vs prime 2020 Cooperball.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Weakest squad at Swansea on 10:05 - Feb 13 with 2047 views34dfgdf54

Weakest squad at Swansea on 09:03 - Feb 13 by jasper_T

Get yourself a free trial of wyscout, they might have that data.

Cheers, will take a look when I get a bit of free time in work.
Weakest squad at Swansea on 10:31 - Feb 13 with 2003 viewsJinxy

Comparing squads is one debate, but the more important one is delivery against potential. On our last rise to the PL, I'd say most players were 80-95% delivering against potential plus collectively subscribing to one established playing style of course. Equally, on our PL demise players like Ki Sung Yeung were around 20% I'd say - high potential, low on delivery and effort (unforgivable really). For me, a player like Kyle Naughton has always been consistently high, ie he plays pretty much to his potential - tries very hard pretty much.

The big problem we currently have is we are not getting an individual or collective tune out of the current team/squad, certainly at the moment. That's what we are seeing, open and shut case. Apart from the different off-field nonsenses between then and now, the other key factor are the head coaches of course, which is the root cause in my view.
Weakest squad at Swansea on 10:41 - Feb 13 with 1974 viewsswan65split

Weakest squad at Swansea on 08:03 - Feb 13 by swancity

The back four is a million miles from the 2010/11 team. No leaders ( except when VDH plays )of men out there

Rodon has potential and ability but was terrible on Tuesday night. The midfield is lacking players with drive and on the wings we need more pace just like Dyer and Routledge in their prime really.

"And no that’s not the fault of the management."

"The midfield is lacking players with drive and on the wings we need more pace just like Dyer and Routledge in their prime really."

Nah, you just cant see it!
Weakest squad at Swansea on 10:43 - Feb 13 with 1971 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Because he thinks players can play anywhere, which is why he keeps playing them out of position.
The very reason that I joined this Forum was to talk about what my son saw when watching the U23s and below and the way that they were being treated.
This modern training philosophy that players should be able to play anywhere on the pitch to give them a rounder game was killing the natural talent of the kids joining our academy.
When a kid has speed and ball conntrol and a great cross you don't waste his talent playing in defense.
The same applies to kids who are natural forwards, know where the back of the net is and score at will.

You and up with low level Jacks of all trades and masters of none.

Plus it destroys their self confidence and respect for those training them.
Weakest squad at Swansea on 10:45 - Feb 13 with 1965 viewsicecoldjack

Weakest squad at Swansea on 09:39 - Feb 13 by Vincent_Vega

Quick question, who would the 2008 League one winners fair against Coopers Crocks?

And before some smart arse comes back with 'oh Bodde would struggle now he's 37 and he's knees phucked' I mean prime 2008 league one vs prime 2020 Cooperball.

Coopers team would get fookin murdered !

There is no long term planning here at all nowadays, I thought they pressed the reset button with Potter coming in but the chump that's followed him seems to have stamped all over those green shoots of recovery .

I keep saying that coopers biggest problem is that Potter got basically the same squad playing far far better football, the difference is glaring, without the goals of Ayew and Borja we'd be well fooked in relegation battle right now.

It's all a mess and the worry is that the people that selected Cooper thought he was the right man for the job, it's totally clear his football style says otherwise, surely the likes of Leon Britton know this ? The Swans must play a certain brand of football for me, we are nowhere near it and it's sad to see.
Weakest squad at Swansea on 10:49 - Feb 13 with 1960 viewsJacket

This is it. This more than anything is what has made me question if he knows what the fack he's doing. This team has no equilibrium, no rhythm, no style. No defensive midfielder = no backbone. No backbone = everything else falls apart.
Weakest squad at Swansea on 10:56 - Feb 13 with 1945 viewsDr_Winston

Weakest squad at Swansea on 10:41 - Feb 13 by swan65split

"And no that’s not the fault of the management."

"The midfield is lacking players with drive and on the wings we need more pace just like Dyer and Routledge in their prime really."

Nah, you just cant see it!

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Weakest squad at Swansea on 11:05 - Feb 13 with 1932 viewsJacket

I'm not at all surprised England facked it right up again at the World Cup if they followed his power point. Can you imagine what the fack that included? The only department we've improved in is the one Margetson's responsible for. So I imagine Margy was responsible for all the good bits. The only thing I can imagine is that he's a wiz on adding graphics and sound effects to his power points!
Weakest squad at Swansea on 11:47 - Feb 13 with 1873 viewsDarran

Weakest squad at Swansea on 08:28 - Feb 13 by Captain_Sham

Innit? Absolutely hideous.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024