Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! 08:00 - Jun 2 with 7781 viewsSwansIndependent

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! 2nd Jun 2021 08:00
In a Swansea Independent EXCLUSIVE we can reveal today that Steve Cooper will be given a simple ultimatum this morning, and it isn’t hard to understand. Quite simply Cooper, who has been stalling on his Swansea future with numerous clubs after his signature will be told very clear. You are under contract, talk to us about your immediate future as a Swansea City coach, or move on and make sure the club you speak to can compensate your leaving. 0

TWITTER
https://twitter.com/_KeithHaynes

INSTA
https://www.instagram.com/swansea_independent?utm_source=qr
Swansea_Independent

FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/SwanseaIndependent

REDDIT
https://www.reddit.com/r/swanseacity/comments/no8est/wednesday_talks_for_cooper_

This post has been edited by an administrator
Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:15 - Jun 2 with 3325 viewsmonmouth

Well that would be a waste of breath. Unless the club sacks him and compensates him, he can stay and talk to whatever other club he likes for the next year until he finds one stupid enough to employ him and pay an increasingly lower amount of compensation as time passes.

Just because he can’t find such a stupid club today isn’t going to make him walk away or ‘stay and do his job’ and stop looking.

Barring a miracle of another club believing the false myths about him, we’re stuck with the gormless coward for at least another year.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:18 - Jun 2 with 3319 viewsWhiterockin

Excellent article.

I think both side will know exactly what they want in this meeting and if these conditions are not met it will be a swift parting of the ways. If they are Cooper will have a new extended contract. One way or another its a big day for Swansea City.
Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:27 - Jun 2 with 3289 viewsBoundy

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:18 - Jun 2 by Whiterockin

Excellent article.

I think both side will know exactly what they want in this meeting and if these conditions are not met it will be a swift parting of the ways. If they are Cooper will have a new extended contract. One way or another its a big day for Swansea City.

I concur, the Club's bigger than his ego can ever be. my concern is we've all seen him doing his "job" ,lets hope its not still with us

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:28 - Jun 2 with 3251 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:15 - Jun 2 by monmouth

Well that would be a waste of breath. Unless the club sacks him and compensates him, he can stay and talk to whatever other club he likes for the next year until he finds one stupid enough to employ him and pay an increasingly lower amount of compensation as time passes.

Just because he can’t find such a stupid club today isn’t going to make him walk away or ‘stay and do his job’ and stop looking.

Barring a miracle of another club believing the false myths about him, we’re stuck with the gormless coward for at least another year.

To be on a list that contains those names is an insult to their memory.

Cooper had been a failure ,when all the sentiment is done.

2 failed play offs,a dysfunctional squad and a split fan base.Appalling football.

Thanks but only 1 option for us .

Bye Steve

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:29 - Jun 2 with 3284 viewsjack_lord

I've never thought Steve had a big ago and always considered him plain talking and honest. That means jack sh1t though.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:34 - Jun 2 with 3239 viewsonehunglow

You need ego and a certain arrogance.It' s when one can't seperate the two that matters.

Neither should apply to this deeply average "coach".

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:35 - Jun 2 with 3272 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:15 - Jun 2 by monmouth

Sacking him next season wouldn't be expensive, and his stock would drop significantly lower. He needs to be very careful with how he wants to proceed.

I'm not certain there is genuine premier league interest in him, but we shall see over the next few days.
Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:35 - Jun 2 with 3272 viewsDr_Winston

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:29 - Jun 2 by jack_lord

I've never thought Steve had a big ago and always considered him plain talking and honest. That means jack sh1t though.

I tend to think the opposite. I suspect he's possessed of an ego and self confidence of Monk-esque proportions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:41 - Jun 2 with 3244 viewsmonmouth

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:35 - Jun 2 by Dr_Winston

I tend to think the opposite. I suspect he's possessed of an ego and self confidence of Monk-esque proportions.

Well nobody except an idiot or an egomaniac - or both - stubbornly sticks to the same plan when it has patently stopped working.

He’ll be gone by October anyway, one way or another, so might as well get shot now. Please god don’t give the bloke another contract. Please don’t do a Clement. Please learn.

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:45 - Jun 2 with 3187 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:41 - Jun 2 by monmouth

Well nobody except an idiot or an egomaniac - or both - stubbornly sticks to the same plan when it has patently stopped working.

He’ll be gone by October anyway, one way or another, so might as well get shot now. Please god don’t give the bloke another contract. Please don’t do a Clement. Please learn.

We need to get the fans back together too and Cooper is utterly divided us .

I just hope our chairman shows some honesty here as there is really little choice

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:49 - Jun 2 with 3190 viewsOptimisticJack

A good article.
This is a critical time of the season for all clubs and not just us.
Its the dreaded time for the manager to release players surplus to requirements. Because of our play off final commitment it puts us a few weeks behind other clubs in that regard.
The article is spot on. The club comes first.
The several reports circulating which states Cooper has had 2 interviews with Palace already begs the question if true, did they have our permission to speak to him?

Optimisticjack

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:52 - Jun 2 with 3170 viewsmonmouth

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:45 - Jun 2 by onehunglow

We need to get the fans back together too and Cooper is utterly divided us .

I just hope our chairman shows some honesty here as there is really little choice

That’s just the nature of the way the world has gone. Everything is polemic and tribal now. Everyone is either ‘for’ or ‘against’ something. Digital opinions. No nuance or critical thinking. Politics, religion, football managers...

Anyway, my nuanced, critically thought out, balanced opinion is that the sackless one trick pony needs sending to the glue factory with a boot up his backside toot smart.

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:55 - Jun 2 with 3156 viewsmonmouth

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:49 - Jun 2 by OptimisticJack

A good article.
This is a critical time of the season for all clubs and not just us.
Its the dreaded time for the manager to release players surplus to requirements. Because of our play off final commitment it puts us a few weeks behind other clubs in that regard.
The article is spot on. The club comes first.
The several reports circulating which states Cooper has had 2 interviews with Palace already begs the question if true, did they have our permission to speak to him?

Good point.

I would hope they did. In fact. I would hope we provided a nice room for them to do it, tea and high quality biscuits and a warming drop of port for those nice folks from Palace.

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:55 - Jun 2 with 3122 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:52 - Jun 2 by monmouth

That’s just the nature of the way the world has gone. Everything is polemic and tribal now. Everyone is either ‘for’ or ‘against’ something. Digital opinions. No nuance or critical thinking. Politics, religion, football managers...

Anyway, my nuanced, critically thought out, balanced opinion is that the sackless one trick pony needs sending to the glue factory with a boot up his backside toot smart.

And I am in the same bed as you .Always have been (as regards Cooper anyway)

No offence

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 09:20 - Jun 2 with 3070 viewsDr_Winston

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:41 - Jun 2 by monmouth

If we offer him a new deal we just lose more money when the axe inevitably falls, if we don't then we go into the season with inherent instability at the helm and just provide more ammunition for him and the odd souls who still back him to use as confirmation that he hasn't been "backed".

We're basically in the same situation we were in during the summer of 2010. A manager who on paper has done reasonably well, but the club and a large proportion of the fans quietly want to just sod off.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 10:26 - Jun 2 with 2944 views3swan

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 09:20 - Jun 2 by Dr_Winston

If we offer him a new deal we just lose more money when the axe inevitably falls, if we don't then we go into the season with inherent instability at the helm and just provide more ammunition for him and the odd souls who still back him to use as confirmation that he hasn't been "backed".

We're basically in the same situation we were in during the summer of 2010. A manager who on paper has done reasonably well, but the club and a large proportion of the fans quietly want to just sod off.

Agree the club can have whatever stance they want but I can't see him walking without another job lined up. If he stays then his CV could get worse and he leaves with nothing and no job on the horizon at the end of season. It's time for a change but will imo only happen on Coopers terms
Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 10:42 - Jun 2 with 2879 viewsBadlands

Looks like Winter has a replacement lined up but who won't be available for long.
I really do hope Cooper goes, I have never been convinced and another season of his non-football would be impossible to take.
That said, one win and a fisting session and many fans would proclaim him messiah ... again.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 11:12 - Jun 2 with 2804 viewsThornburyswan

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 09:20 - Jun 2 by Dr_Winston

Yup - let’s hope Palace or WBA firm up an offer & he can ‘thank us all & exit gracefully’ plus we get a few £££ in compo & can all breathe a little easier.
Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 12:44 - Jun 2 with 2619 viewsBoundy

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 08:35 - Jun 2 by Dr_Winston

His ego wouldn't allow him to take the blame when things went belly up.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 12:58 - Jun 2 with 2580 viewsKGriz16

Where are you getting this information? Is he trying that hard to get a move?
Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 14:00 - Jun 2 with 2453 viewsDr_Parnassus

From a club perspective, he simply has to stay. Two successive play off seasons each one topping the one prior. Clear progression in results even though there is clear regression in the funding the club is getting, the results are the opposite to the trend we should be seeing.

Some clearly have dug themselves into a hole with him however and will never back down regardless of what we achieve, as we have seen this season.

It will be up to him however and I wouldn’t blame him for walking at all. Completely thankless task to manage Swansea currently as the next manager will find out fairly swiftly.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 14:45 - Jun 2 with 2354 viewsCatullus

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 10:42 - Jun 2 by Badlands

Looks like Winter has a replacement lined up but who won't be available for long.
I really do hope Cooper goes, I have never been convinced and another season of his non-football would be impossible to take.
That said, one win and a fisting session and many fans would proclaim him messiah ... again.

One win and a "fisting session".......jeez, I don't think getting fisted by him will make him any friends. Ok one or two would love it but I think most of us aren't that way inclined. I'm not sure about Andy Cole.

I find myself really hoping Palace REEALLY wnt him and he's gone tomorrow with us getting a nice cheque in return. I won't hold my breath though. If Palace have looked on here and seen what we've been saying they may be put off

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 14:50 - Jun 2 with 2342 viewsThornburyswan

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 14:00 - Jun 2 by Dr_Parnassus

From a club perspective, he simply has to stay. Two successive play off seasons each one topping the one prior. Clear progression in results even though there is clear regression in the funding the club is getting, the results are the opposite to the trend we should be seeing.

Some clearly have dug themselves into a hole with him however and will never back down regardless of what we achieve, as we have seen this season.

It will be up to him however and I wouldn’t blame him for walking at all. Completely thankless task to manage Swansea currently as the next manager will find out fairly swiftly.

Interesting one Dr, if you’d been isolated for two years with no access to anything other than the statistical results + league tables you’d be thinking nice work for his first club management position particularly noting our very limited transfer funds.

Unfortunately for those of us who want to watch the team play it perfectly proves the old adage of lies, damn lies & statistics.
Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 15:21 - Jun 2 with 2284 viewsCatullus

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 14:00 - Jun 2 by Dr_Parnassus

From a fans perspective things would have gone much differently if fans had been in the grounds and not limited to wtching at home. Or do you think the players would have loved the boos ringing out at home games, do you think Cooper would have loved the things some fans would have undoubtedly said?

Do you think Cooper or the owners would have been happy with that? Do you think Hourihane would have liked the abuse he would inevitably have received?

Next season, if we are all allowed in things will be very different and it won't just be angry posts on the internet.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steve Cooper will be given an ultimatum today. Stay and do your job - or go ! on 15:38 - Jun 2 with 2237 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I enjoyed watching Potter's team fail to get promoted far more than I have watching Cooper's team fail to get promoted. A return to a pass and move style is more important to me than a few more points and no promotion either way.
Cooper's points return is remarkably high for virtually every other statistic about our games which is credit to him but I'm bored to tears.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024