Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Bartley 22:15 - Jul 17 with 10442 viewsNirvana

Apparently Stoke and Palace are "ready to fight" for Bartley:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3999206/stoke-crystal-palace-swansea-kyl

So, in summation that's Stoke, Palace, Boro, and Leeds who want the guy. We should definitely take the hint and offload now, while he's in high demand. This fella from Leeds even does a lot of the groundwork for us, and thinks Stoke is the right choice for Kyle (and probably for us too):

https://throughitalltogether.sbnation.com/2017/7/13/15963610/four-teams-linked-k

Bartley will be at best a squad player for us, anyway, and we can absolutely find better for less than we'll get for him. I saw £7m floated around earlier this summer, and if that's true he's got to be sold. Seems a nice guy, but like we did with Cork, you have to take the money when it's there.

Hopefully, we can finalize this deal before these clubs look elsewhere. Take the highest offer, even if it's Stoke, and get Kyle's signature ASAP. Then, bring in an experienced, quality CB like Subotić or Badstuber to provide some cover.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 22:22]
Kyle Bartley on 22:22 - Jul 17 with 6735 viewsjasper_T

If we can weaken another PL team by inflicting Bartley on them it has to be done asap.
Kyle Bartley on 22:39 - Jul 17 with 6607 viewsRancid

He looks the part for a centre half and is a pretty decent athlete.His positioning and football brain are holding him back from being a really decent top flight player though.Hopefully a club will think there's something to work on and throw us a wedge for him.
Kyle Bartley on 23:40 - Jul 17 with 6392 viewsdobjack2

If he goes we need someone to challenge Mawson and Fede. Not an emergency squad player
Kyle Bartley on 23:55 - Jul 17 with 6362 viewsNirvana

Kyle Bartley on 23:40 - Jul 17 by dobjack2

If he goes we need someone to challenge Mawson and Fede. Not an emergency squad player

I agree, Dobjack.

I would bring in a veteran CB who is comfortable and happy starting every other week or whatever, but will provide quality regardless.

Someone like Neven Subotić, Florentin Pogba, or Badstuber would do for me.
Kyle Bartley on 23:59 - Jul 17 with 6340 viewsJethroJack

Kyle Bartley on 23:55 - Jul 17 by Nirvana

I agree, Dobjack.

I would bring in a veteran CB who is comfortable and happy starting every other week or whatever, but will provide quality regardless.

Someone like Neven Subotić, Florentin Pogba, or Badstuber would do for me.

A veteran CB....what about that fella Williams at Everton?
N/A. on 00:01 - Jul 18 with 6335 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:31]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Kyle Bartley on 09:11 - Jul 18 with 6009 viewsUppa_Swans

Subotic, Badstuber etc. None of those players are going to come to South Wales just to play second fiddle to Mawson + Fernandez FFS.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 9:13]
Kyle Bartley on 09:18 - Jul 18 with 5977 viewsWhiterockin

N/A. on 00:01 - Jul 18 by Huw57

N/A.

PC sees something in him that he can work with, I would keep him until Christmas and see.
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Bartley on 09:45 - Jul 18 with 5882 viewsmagicdaps10

Kyle Bartley on 09:11 - Jul 18 by Uppa_Swans

Subotic, Badstuber etc. None of those players are going to come to South Wales just to play second fiddle to Mawson + Fernandez FFS.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 9:13]

For me, they need a centre half not to be back up but to compete with Fede and Mawson. This competition is healthy and keeps players on their toes.......beneficial to the player and club.

Any player who does not like competition and wants it easy is not a player i want at Swansea City Football Club.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Kyle Bartley on 09:58 - Jul 18 with 5836 viewsLandore_Jack

If I had decide between Bartley or VDH to keep then it would be Bartley.

#backtojack

Kyle Bartley on 10:05 - Jul 18 with 5817 viewsFlashberryjack

N/A. on 00:01 - Jul 18 by Huw57

N/A.

You can't say that mun, the football experts on here have passed judgment that he absolutely sh&it, funny that a couple of PL clubs are willing to pay a few £million for his services.

Al we need now is the usual planet swans "I'll drive him there myself" comment.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Kyle Bartley on 10:32 - Jul 18 with 5729 viewsraynor94

Kyle Bartley on 09:18 - Jul 18 by Whiterockin

PC sees something in him that he can work with, I would keep him until Christmas and see.

I have criticized him in past, but Clement seems to think he can get something out of him, hopefully he can

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kyle Bartley on 10:41 - Jul 18 with 5706 viewsDewi1jack

Personally I'd keep Bartley over VDH.
We already need to replace 2 CBs (Amat and VDH) and need healthy competition for every position.

Our squad is miles off that due to some pretty shocking transfer deals post Loudstrop. Fatty Tabby, N'gog, Borja etc etc, mercs like Gooo ah fug offside again (sure that was his name!) this could end up quite a long list of sh1te players and wasted money in the last 3 or 4 years. Plus managers.
We may not even have a second choice striker to play against Chelsea (Ayew IMHO isn't a striker)

But if Stoke and that miserable gog want Bartley, how about an offer of Bartley and £5 million (to keep Capt Beaky happy) for Arnautovic or Shaqiri?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Kyle Bartley on 11:35 - Jul 18 with 5580 viewsBenJ94

Kyle Bartley on 10:41 - Jul 18 by Dewi1jack

Personally I'd keep Bartley over VDH.
We already need to replace 2 CBs (Amat and VDH) and need healthy competition for every position.

Our squad is miles off that due to some pretty shocking transfer deals post Loudstrop. Fatty Tabby, N'gog, Borja etc etc, mercs like Gooo ah fug offside again (sure that was his name!) this could end up quite a long list of sh1te players and wasted money in the last 3 or 4 years. Plus managers.
We may not even have a second choice striker to play against Chelsea (Ayew IMHO isn't a striker)

But if Stoke and that miserable gog want Bartley, how about an offer of Bartley and £5 million (to keep Capt Beaky happy) for Arnautovic or Shaqiri?

Stoke rejected 20 mil for Arnautovic, I doubt 5 mil and an average defender would turn their head 😂
Kyle Bartley on 11:48 - Jul 18 with 5547 viewsJBT95

Kyle Bartley on 22:22 - Jul 17 by jasper_T

If we can weaken another PL team by inflicting Bartley on them it has to be done asap.

Yeah cause Stoke are so much sh*tter than us one player will make all the difference. He looked good in the game the other day.

Stoke have a side I wish we had.
Kyle Bartley on 11:54 - Jul 18 with 5529 viewsploppy

KB has to be ahead of VdH in the pecking order, surely. So, if we get rid of him we're looking at getting a replacement third choice CB. Not going to be easy finding someone who's happy to be on the bench most of the time.
Kyle Bartley on 12:11 - Jul 18 with 5495 viewsMarinaJack

Kyle Bartley on 11:48 - Jul 18 by JBT95

Yeah cause Stoke are so much sh*tter than us one player will make all the difference. He looked good in the game the other day.

they looked pretty crap at the liberty last year tbh.

Look Bartley is never gonna be a 1st teamer here , he simply isn't good enough

If misery guts hughes is willing to stump up some cash for him we should punt him in heratbeat
Kyle Bartley on 12:21 - Jul 18 with 5469 viewsNeath_Jack

We need a settled back 4, so for those who say we need someone to challenge Alf and FF, what exactly is it you want? Are you saying that you want one of Alf/FF to drop out of the side completely? Rotate them every other week? What is it? Because we are either happy with them or we're not. If we're not, then we need to buy someone better to replace, not f*ck about with this challenging bollox.

We are not going to get better than Bartley to come and sit on our bench, we are Swansea City ffs, not Man Utd/City where sitting on their bench will pretty much get you a medal of some sort.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kyle Bartley on 12:24 - Jul 18 with 5460 viewsMarinaJack

Kyle Bartley on 12:21 - Jul 18 by Neath_Jack

We need a settled back 4, so for those who say we need someone to challenge Alf and FF, what exactly is it you want? Are you saying that you want one of Alf/FF to drop out of the side completely? Rotate them every other week? What is it? Because we are either happy with them or we're not. If we're not, then we need to buy someone better to replace, not f*ck about with this challenging bollox.

We are not going to get better than Bartley to come and sit on our bench, we are Swansea City ffs, not Man Utd/City where sitting on their bench will pretty much get you a medal of some sort.

My argument is we can get someone better than BArtley to sit on the bench and we certainly can get some one better to try and push our centre halves for their spot on the team.

If there is no competition for a place then players naturally slack off .

I just don't rate Kyle if you do fair enough, it's a game of opinions
Kyle Bartley on 12:43 - Jul 18 with 5424 viewsAussieSwan

We definitely need a settled back four but I'm still adamant we need a new Right Back

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Kyle Bartley on 13:05 - Jul 18 with 5358 viewsLoyal

Kyle Bartley on 09:18 - Jul 18 by Whiterockin

A Bartley is for life not just for Xmas.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Kyle Bartley on 14:48 - Jul 18 with 5240 viewsDewi1jack

I think most people would agree with you.
IMHO FFS Fernandez isn't worth £6 million more than a Chico was.

We could, if we had any sort of scouting dept apart from Capt Beaky with his FIFA football talent agent game and ST to Forfar already have replaced Angel properly and had back up challenging FFS Fernandez and Alfie.
Never know, we may have had wingers who can cross the ball as well.
Possibly a striker capable of being 2nd choice.
Even found a 'Ickle Leon replacement.

Bartley to be kept over VDH, but I would rather get rid of those 2 and find a good CB better than Fernandez and put him as back up

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Kyle Bartley on 15:04 - Jul 18 with 5215 viewsDaggyjack

Kyle Bartley on 14:48 - Jul 18 by Dewi1jack

I think most people would agree with you.
IMHO FFS Fernandez isn't worth £6 million more than a Chico was.

We could, if we had any sort of scouting dept apart from Capt Beaky with his FIFA football talent agent game and ST to Forfar already have replaced Angel properly and had back up challenging FFS Fernandez and Alfie.
Never know, we may have had wingers who can cross the ball as well.
Possibly a striker capable of being 2nd choice.
Even found a 'Ickle Leon replacement.

Bartley to be kept over VDH, but I would rather get rid of those 2 and find a good CB better than Fernandez and put him as back up

Michael Travis is a good young CB at Forfar, perhaps that's why HJ visits The Staish?? Could be the Bridies though....
Kyle Bartley on 16:08 - Jul 18 with 5132 viewsshenleymun

I'd rather bring back Danny Bartley than Kyle Bartley. I was sure wed seen the back of him. He was no good against Barnet, neither was VDH.

We need a proper reserve centre back who is a credible first teamer, because someone can get injured anytime. That was Amat, now he's gone.
Kyle Bartley on 16:21 - Jul 18 with 5089 viewsMo_Wives

Kyle Bartley on 11:48 - Jul 18 by JBT95

"Stoke have a side I wish we had."

Is it, by any chance, because we have less Welsh players?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024