Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
United looking ominously good 18:03 - Aug 13 with 4318 viewsraynor94

It's going to be a big ask next week, let's hope the Gylfi saga is sorted by then

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

United looking ominously good on 18:06 - Aug 13 with 3451 viewsNeath_Jack

That's why i tipped them in that predictions thread.

Knows my onions me....

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

United looking ominously good on 18:08 - Aug 13 with 3433 viewsJethroJack

Chill.... Lukaku always craps out against us.
All out defence and shite Utd finishing should get us our 2nd point of the campaign.
United looking ominously good on 18:13 - Aug 13 with 3405 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Get ready for an endless trail of vomit-inducing media fallatio.

NBC already calling them the best since Alex Ferguson, one ****ing weekend into the season.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

United looking ominously good on 18:15 - Aug 13 with 3391 viewsJack123

They did look pretty good to be fair, let's hope we play a bit better than yesterday. :)

libera nos a malo

United looking ominously good on 18:25 - Aug 13 with 3329 viewsGlyn1

Put together a league table of how much the current top-division clubs have spent on transfers over the last five years and you may be surprised to find Tottenham actually occupy bottom spot. Spurs spent £253.9m on new signings in that period and banked £321.4m for players sold, making them one of only three clubs (with Southampton and Swansea City) to show a net profit. On average, it’s a £13.5m gain per season.

When are the Board going to get their cheque book out whatever happens over Gylfi.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

United looking ominously good on 18:26 - Aug 13 with 3311 viewsE20Jack

United looking ominously good on 18:13 - Aug 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

NBC already calling them the best since Alex Ferguson, one ****ing weekend into the season.

Hard to disagree, they have been very average by their standards since SAF left. They look superb.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

United looking ominously good on 18:29 - Aug 13 with 3291 viewsE20Jack

United looking ominously good on 18:25 - Aug 13 by Glyn1

Put together a league table of how much the current top-division clubs have spent on transfers over the last five years and you may be surprised to find Tottenham actually occupy bottom spot. Spurs spent £253.9m on new signings in that period and banked £321.4m for players sold, making them one of only three clubs (with Southampton and Swansea City) to show a net profit. On average, it’s a £13.5m gain per season.

When are the Board going to get their cheque book out whatever happens over Gylfi.

That is transfer profits not club profits. You can make £50m in net transfer profits and still lose money overall and thus have nothing to spend.

Although I dispute the fact that we have made any sort of significant profit on transfers anyway.

A quick calculation (that could very well be wrong as I am relying on a website and also reported fees as some of them are undiscloised on there) comes out with the following:-

2013/14 = -£21m
2014/15 = +£14m
2015/16 = +£1.5m
2016/17 = -£11m
2017/18 = +£6m
-£10.5m

That obviously doesnt include millions of pounds paid to the likes of Ayew and Gomis too as they count as ''free''. So I would suggest that figure is more of a £20m loss in the last 5 seasons in the transfer market.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2513&teamTabs=transfers
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 18:42]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

United looking ominously good on 18:30 - Aug 13 with 3282 viewsbyron

Think that bothers me most is teams I was banking we'd finish above like Huddersfield and Burnley are playing well, Brighton have a good manager and will come good, as will Newcastle. So, who will be the three below us???

Benny

Login to get fewer ads

United looking ominously good on 18:31 - Aug 13 with 3273 viewsjojaca

United looking ominously good on 18:26 - Aug 13 by E20Jack

Hard to disagree, they have been very average by their standards since SAF left. They look superb.

Plenty of pace and power on show today from United, complete opposite from us.

Even when you know, you never know?

United looking ominously good on 18:35 - Aug 13 with 3244 viewsTheKirkyLife

I'd take a positive in that our defence looks leagues ahead of the Hammers. Still expecting a 2-0 loss though since our attack is no better without Llorente/Gylfi.
United looking ominously good on 18:43 - Aug 13 with 3203 viewsMervyn

I wish every fking year that Man U were relegated and end up in the national league /conference ........just to test the loyalty of the so called Man U fans that endlessly fking surround me....they usually poo poo my comments of .....fking glory hunters the lot of you....stating ....I've always supported them from a boy see lol....fking liars.....funny you never see any Rochdale or Bury die hards......excuse my Victor Meldrew moment I.ll feel a much better when we upset the tvvats next week
United looking ominously good on 19:14 - Aug 13 with 3104 viewsawayjack

If our midfield give Utd the space and freedom we give Soton yesterday, then it'll be a very long / tough day. It's one thing stopping a Soton attack that can't finish, but Utd attack will murder us if they have that much space and possession. Interesting to see squad PC selects and set up. Will we retain diamond without AM that failed so badly yesterday? Will we play slow old guard of Routs and Leon and use Bartley, Fulton and MvBurnie. A week is a long time in football but what can PC really change- start Mesa and Narhsing and prey Llorente is fit for at least the bench?
United looking ominously good on 19:17 - Aug 13 with 3095 viewsjasper_T

It was only West Ham.
United looking ominously good on 19:21 - Aug 13 with 3067 viewsNogginthenog

To be fair West ham were gash mind.
United looking ominously good on 19:22 - Aug 13 with 3058 viewsOldjack

fuk em!

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

United looking ominously good on 19:25 - Aug 13 with 3048 viewssherpajacob

Best since Fergie left isn't exactly saying much.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

United looking ominously good on 19:27 - Aug 13 with 3037 viewsPegojack

United looking ominously good on 18:30 - Aug 13 by byron

Think that bothers me most is teams I was banking we'd finish above like Huddersfield and Burnley are playing well, Brighton have a good manager and will come good, as will Newcastle. So, who will be the three below us???

I watched the whole Brighton game on TV. I know they were up against Citeh, but in all honesty, they were cack. Citeh were fairly poor too, particularly in the final third, but never really needed to get out of second gear.
United looking ominously good on 19:28 - Aug 13 with 3037 viewsFireboy2

United looking ominously good on 19:22 - Aug 13 by Oldjack

fuk em!

This ^

Don't worry we will do em
United looking ominously good on 19:32 - Aug 13 with 3014 viewsPrivate_Partz

United looking ominously good on 18:25 - Aug 13 by Glyn1

Imho Jenkins got his 500k pa gig because the Yanks expected him to keep the club in the top flight and to make a profit. JTAK suggests he is some kind if football wizard and has a gong from the Queen to prove it.
The problem is his luck has run out and his mojo has gone and he is struggling to live up to the hype.
Make no mistake though, he is very likely to sit tight even if it means us losing our top flight status.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

United looking ominously good on 20:50 - Aug 13 with 2908 viewsmax936

The second coming of the "Special One" innit mun.

Vomit inducing indeed, can't stand Mourinho or Ewnited

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

United looking ominously good on 21:00 - Aug 13 with 2876 viewsBorojack

United looking ominously good on 20:50 - Aug 13 by max936

The second coming of the "Special One" innit mun.

Vomit inducing indeed, can't stand Mourinho or Ewnited

What's it with Mourinho why did he look so miserable after a 4.0 win.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

United looking ominously good on 21:04 - Aug 13 with 2867 viewsmax936

United looking ominously good on 21:00 - Aug 13 by Borojack

What's it with Mourinho why did he look so miserable after a 4.0 win.

Just him innit, probably wants to spend another 200 mill, he doesn't coach players he just assembles teams, Pep his looking the same got to have the best players, where's the ability to coach and improve players.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

United looking ominously good on 23:07 - Aug 13 with 2721 viewsRevJames

Just watched MOTD2.

What's our goal difference going to be next Saturday?
United looking ominously good on 23:09 - Aug 13 with 2711 viewsjack2jack

United looking ominously good on 23:07 - Aug 13 by RevJames

Just watched MOTD2.

What's our goal difference going to be next Saturday?

That Lukaku is a beast
United looking ominously good on 23:10 - Aug 13 with 2711 viewsBirchgrovejack

My fear is that diving vvencar Radford is going up against routledge, and the little fookker looked quite sharp today. Garuanteed penalty from that situation is say
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024