Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City 16:49 - Nov 4 with 4708 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A quote from him;

"In December 2016 I joined Kaplan-Levien Sports as head of strategy. At that time I also became senior advisor for football operations at Swansea City AFC, where I played a small part in the greatest turnaround in the history of the Premier League. "

This is presumably the man behind the analytics that decided £16,000,000 was worth paying for Clucas.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 16:55 - Nov 4 with 4661 viewswaynekerr55

I think we could spend a month of Sundays dissecting by the mess at our club. Fûcking joke

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 16:56 - Nov 4 with 4641 viewsTom1912

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 16:55 - Nov 4 by waynekerr55

I think we could spend a month of Sundays dissecting by the mess at our club. Fûcking joke

I mean the mess is pretty simple from a footballing perspective. We had two good player. We sold them. We didn't see any other good players and our manager doesn't know what to do.

F*ck knows what's going on behind the scenes though.
Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 16:58 - Nov 4 with 4615 viewsMrSwerve

"The greatest turnaround in the history of the Premier League"

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:02 - Nov 4 with 4580 viewsLeonWasGod

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 16:58 - Nov 4 by MrSwerve

To be fair, to go from 28 points in half a season to this shower of shite is quite a turnaround.

That quote smells of a self-important bullshïtter.

I still can't get my head around the summer transfer window. Clement's not doing himself any favours with the way he sends them out though either.

Mistakes compounding mistakes
Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:12 - Nov 4 with 4524 viewsMyFinalHeaven

DwightYorkeSuperstar, you're pointing the finger at completely the wrong guy. I've spoken with Dan and he told me he had no part in the Clucas signing--it was all Jenkins. Dan actually wanted Mikel Merino, who was being criminally underused at Dortmund and looking for a move out. Newcastle were clever enough to snap him up and he's been without a doubt their best player thus far.

To date I don't think Jenkins and the sh1tbag owners Levien and Kaplan have signed any of the players Dan has recommended. I know for a fact he recommended Merino and Adem Ljajic, both of which weren't accepted. A real shame because we might be in the top 10 if we signed those two. It really begs the question though why Dan was even brought on as a paid employee of the club if Jenkins is never going to take his advice.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 17:14]

Come on you Swans.

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:14 - Nov 4 with 4481 viewsPrivate_Partz

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:02 - Nov 4 by LeonWasGod

To be fair, to go from 28 points in half a season to this shower of shite is quite a turnaround.

That quote smells of a self-important bullshïtter.

I still can't get my head around the summer transfer window. Clement's not doing himself any favours with the way he sends them out though either.

Mistakes compounding mistakes

Clement is an inexperienced manager who will make mistakes but Jenkins has left him with a completely bum deal.
Imho he will be sacked or will even walk out of the club as he has been seriously unhappy for months now.
It will serve little purpose though as Head Coach at Swansea is a poisoned challace with the treacherous one in charge.
We are not the massive pull that some give us credit for any more. Jenkins will have a lot of trouble getting a yes man in. His ego would not allow him to step down and let an experienced management team take over.
I wonder would Guidolin came back and help us a second time? I doubt it. Expect appointments from within e.g. Leon, Curt and Toshack Jnr.
Such an appointment would buy Huw more time and may even convince the gullable Yanks when he points to the success of Martinez and Monks's first year.
Imho we are in far bigger trouble than we have been in the last couple of years.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 17:27]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:14 - Nov 4 with 4480 viewsishootpeople

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:12 - Nov 4 by MyFinalHeaven

DwightYorkeSuperstar, you're pointing the finger at completely the wrong guy. I've spoken with Dan and he told me he had no part in the Clucas signing--it was all Jenkins. Dan actually wanted Mikel Merino, who was being criminally underused at Dortmund and looking for a move out. Newcastle were clever enough to snap him up and he's been without a doubt their best player thus far.

To date I don't think Jenkins and the sh1tbag owners Levien and Kaplan have signed any of the players Dan has recommended. I know for a fact he recommended Merino and Adem Ljajic, both of which weren't accepted. A real shame because we might be in the top 10 if we signed those two. It really begs the question though why Dan was even brought on as a paid employee of the club if Jenkins is never going to take his advice.

So if we haven't signed any of his players why is he claiming he "played a small part in the greatest turnaround in the history of the Premier League. "

??
Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:14 - Nov 4 with 4470 viewsTom1912

To be fair, Sam Clucas absolutely reeks of "Huw Jenkins transfer"
Login to get fewer ads

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:15 - Nov 4 with 4461 viewsWarwickHunt

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:12 - Nov 4 by MyFinalHeaven

Why would Jenkins take advice? He knows more about football than Laudrup...

Trouble is, he actually believes it.

If anyone was a Moneyball signing it was Mesa.
Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:16 - Nov 4 with 4457 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Thank you, I didn't expect the blame game to start so soon, hopefully Dan continues to express his anger and Huw and others fire back too.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:17 - Nov 4 with 4441 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:14 - Nov 4 by ishootpeople

So if we haven't signed any of his players why is he claiming he "played a small part in the greatest turnaround in the history of the Premier League. "

??

Because the part he played was simply running the stats of Jenkins' targets through his algorithms and analytics models and giving his opinion on whether or not we should sign them. As stated, it was a small part given we didn't actually sign the players he recommended, just the rubbish from Jenkins, Leadbetter, and Henderson.

Come on you Swans.

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:22 - Nov 4 with 4412 viewstheloneranger

Clucas was in Pinnochio's little black book long before Clement got here!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 18:09 - Nov 4 with 4292 viewsConcerned_Parent

Clucas was 100% a Jenkins signing. He just loves overspending on rubbish English players. Grimes, Naughton, Clucas--I wonder how many more we're going to get.
Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 19:05 - Nov 4 with 4174 viewsgiantstoneater

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:16 - Nov 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Thank you, I didn't expect the blame game to start so soon, hopefully Dan continues to express his anger and Huw and others fire back too.

That's the problem there hasn`t been any finger pointing if there had been HJ would have been gone a long time ago!
Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 05:25 - Nov 5 with 3883 viewsishootpeople

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:17 - Nov 4 by MyFinalHeaven

Because the part he played was simply running the stats of Jenkins' targets through his algorithms and analytics models and giving his opinion on whether or not we should sign them. As stated, it was a small part given we didn't actually sign the players he recommended, just the rubbish from Jenkins, Leadbetter, and Henderson.

Right?

What a load of bollocks.
Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 09:19 - Nov 5 with 3690 viewsmajorraglan

If the comments made re Altman’s recommendations being rejected and those players have gone on to perform well at their clubs, it may prove very interesting if Levein and Kaplan decide to review the actual purchases against what they could have had.

Their old adage about statistics and lies will always apply, but when we are talking about big money running in to milllions the more bases covered the better.
Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 12:02 - Nov 5 with 3515 viewsmonmouth

So when it works he takes credit, when it doesn't it's nothing to do with him. Whan in retrospect a player proves a success he highly recommended him, when he looks he might be a failure he had no input.

What a man. Inspired and inspiring.

Or a lying devious ego driven shithead totally out of his depth and an imposter.

You decide.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 12:02]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 18:57 - Nov 5 with 3354 viewstrampie

I don't want to generalise to much but Yanks don't understand football, I told a guy (an American) that football is as much an art as a science and you need a football man making decisions on players.
Stats can be useful in the hands of a football man that knows how to use them.

I gave the example of a top penalty taker that sets up to go one way and if the keeper go's that way he will then put it the other side, a stats man would tell his goalie he puts most of his penalties to the left, dive left and of course the penalty taker would score by putting it the other side, a football man would say frain to go left but dive right, the keeper might have a chance.

Football man before stats man.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 19:04 - Nov 5 with 3337 viewsBloodyhills

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 16:58 - Nov 4 by MrSwerve

Most Americans I've met are brilliant at talking themselves up. For some there is substance behind their words, for others there is nothing.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 19:09]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 19:07 - Nov 5 with 3325 viewslonglostjack

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 18:57 - Nov 5 by trampie

I don't want to generalise to much but Yanks don't understand football, I told a guy (an American) that football is as much an art as a science and you need a football man making decisions on players.
Stats can be useful in the hands of a football man that knows how to use them.

I gave the example of a top penalty taker that sets up to go one way and if the keeper go's that way he will then put it the other side, a stats man would tell his goalie he puts most of his penalties to the left, dive left and of course the penalty taker would score by putting it the other side, a football man would say frain to go left but dive right, the keeper might have a chance.

Football man before stats man.

Would that football man be called Tony Blair by any chance?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 19:28 - Nov 5 with 3278 viewstrampie

People either understand the game or they don't, most don't.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 19:41 - Nov 5 with 3246 viewsNeath_Jack

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 17:17 - Nov 4 by MyFinalHeaven

So he's another waste of money then? Drawing a wage for f*ck all.

F*cking moneyball, f*cking yanks, should stick to rounders or netball, that's what they're good at.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 21:15 - Nov 5 with 3137 viewsDewi1jack

Dan Altman - Senior Adviser for Football Operations at Swansea City on 19:41 - Nov 5 by Neath_Jack

So he's another waste of money then? Drawing a wage for f*ck all.

F*cking moneyball, f*cking yanks, should stick to rounders or netball, that's what they're good at.

They like armoured rugby as well- possibly the only sport apart from Sumo where you can be paid for being 400lbs of flubber.

Sorry ladies and gentlemen but the blame lies firmly at Morgans, Dimwits, Beakys, van Clog and everyone else who allowed these p1sspoor transfer windows to happen since Beaky thought he could cut Tutuballet out of the deal and pocket his cut.
You can even include our Trust as we owned 21%+ of the shares making us 3rd biggest shareholder if I remember rightly.
The Yanks aren't helping by believing Film star is the almighty football guru

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024