Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Jeremy about time 06:42 - Apr 23 with 4342 viewscentrestandswan

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/apr/23/labour-promises-four-more-bank-

Shows respect for our four patron saints.
Happy St. George's Day by the way.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Well done Jeremy about time on 07:31 - Apr 23 with 2495 viewsdickythorpe

So as today is St Georges Day, in England they'd have today, a fortnight today and three weeks after. That's 3 Monday's of no work in 5 weeks, that is a nightmare!

No disrespect but the two bank holidays in May cause a lot of problems in certain lines of work. Kids will be off an extra day, that's strain on the parents who have to work. There's strain on management to get staffing levels right, many won't be off especially if they work in service industries, health etc.

Corbyn should think about increasing annual leave perhaps?
Well done Jeremy about time on 08:38 - Apr 23 with 2435 viewsfelixstowe_jack

No wonder our National productivity is so bad with too many bank holidays. Now corbyn promises to give every worker an extra day off. who is going to pay for this. Council tax payers, employers and consumers no doubt.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Well done Jeremy about time on 10:11 - Apr 23 with 2386 viewsLeonWasGod

Well done Jeremy about time on 08:38 - Apr 23 by felixstowe_jack

No wonder our National productivity is so bad with too many bank holidays. Now corbyn promises to give every worker an extra day off. who is going to pay for this. Council tax payers, employers and consumers no doubt.

I'm not sure it's a straight forward relationship between productivity and holiday time. Issues affecting productivity seem to include low capital investment, high employment lowering the average 'quality' of the workforce, low interest rates allowing less productive companies to keep trading, difficulties in measuring productivity of a much expanded self-employed workforce, shifts in focus because of the economic downturn (e.g. more time in R&D).

Not that I know much about it other than what's easily available on line. There's been a lot in the press because of our poor productivity versus neighbouring EU countries. I've never seen the number of holidays being an issue for lost time. Time lost to illness, stress, hangovers, inefficiency, gossiping, etc., seem much more prevalent imo. How many people are truly efficient at work? (says me sat on PS!)

But I expect yours is the obvious reaction that Corbyn's going to face for this suggestion.
Well done Jeremy about time on 10:32 - Apr 23 with 2370 viewspikeypaul

Vote for me and I will give you more holidays!!!!!!!

Typical Labour stunt trying to get the vote from the lazy and work shy in society.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Well done Jeremy about time on 11:20 - Apr 23 with 2331 viewshobo

Well done Jeremy about time on 08:38 - Apr 23 by felixstowe_jack

Too many?? We have 8 a year, one of the lowest amount of any country. This proposal will take it to 12, hardly too many!
Well done Jeremy about time on 12:23 - Apr 23 with 2296 viewsDr_Winston

Whilst the idea of extra bank holidays is a welcome one, the idea that Jezza gives a shit about national saints days amuses me greatly.

Better to spread them out over the year.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Well done Jeremy about time on 13:11 - Apr 23 with 2265 viewsEbo

Well done Jeremy about time on 10:32 - Apr 23 by pikeypaul

Vote for me and I will give you more holidays!!!!!!!

Typical Labour stunt trying to get the vote from the lazy and work shy in society.

Says the kunt who doesn't work

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Well done Jeremy about time on 16:24 - Apr 23 with 2204 viewsLohengrin

Well this is a comedic turn of events I must say. After a lifetime spent tunelessly braying The Internationale the old rogue is now wrapping himself in the flag whilst simultaneously embracing Christ. Not only that he’s taking the Tories to task for what he considers their lack of patriotism.

At my age I thought I could safely say that I’d seen it all. I got that wrong and then some!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:08 - Apr 23 with 2156 viewsnantywatcher

Four more Bank holidays!
Wow - we really have drifted over the last 20 years to become a lazy and indolent society. I hope to god we keep our immigrant numbers up, because we're a lost cause if we have to rely on the natives.
Anybody on here know someone who does a full week's work?
Well done Jeremy about time on 17:14 - Apr 23 with 2144 viewsLohengrin

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:08 - Apr 23 by nantywatcher

Four more Bank holidays!
Wow - we really have drifted over the last 20 years to become a lazy and indolent society. I hope to god we keep our immigrant numbers up, because we're a lost cause if we have to rely on the natives.
Anybody on here know someone who does a full week's work?

Every bugger I work with. We don’t get Bank Holidays off.

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:18 - Apr 23 with 2136 viewsJoe_bradshaw

He wants us Welsh to have a day off to celebrate St George’s day?

The utter bellend.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:19 - Apr 23 with 2135 viewsHighjack

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:14 - Apr 23 by Lohengrin

Every bugger I work with. We don’t get Bank Holidays off.

This is the problem. Most people have to work bank holidays anyway. The main people to benefit will be those working in the public sector.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:20 - Apr 23 with 2135 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

This will catch us up with the majority of Europe

More time off to spend precious time with the family

Jezza man of the people

Teresa May loves us all

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:22 - Apr 23 with 2125 viewsHighjack

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:18 - Apr 23 by Joe_bradshaw

The utter bellend.

We can celebrate Shakespeare’s birthday (and death day) instead.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:30 - Apr 23 with 2106 viewsLohengrin

The utter bellend.

I don’t think he does, in fairness. I take it as being a day off in each respective home nation for their Patron Saint, not all off for each.

I could be wrong, mind?

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:31 - Apr 23 with 2098 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:30 - Apr 23 by Lohengrin

I don’t think he does, in fairness. I take it as being a day off in each respective home nation for their Patron Saint, not all off for each.

I could be wrong, mind?

The article says all four will be UK wide bank holidays.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:36 - Apr 23 with 2086 viewsWarwickHunt

The utter bellend.

He’s a fûcking idiot.
Well done Jeremy about time on 17:37 - Apr 23 with 2078 viewswaynekerr55

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:36 - Apr 23 by WarwickHunt

He’s a fûcking idiot.

Unfortunately he's in good company with a significant proportion of the electorate

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:38 - Apr 23 with 2078 viewsHighjack

Wouldn’t bank holidays come under the jurisdiction of the devolved assemblies? Pretty sure St Andrews day is a bank holiday in Scotland already, and Paddy’s day is in Northern Ireland.

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:46 - Apr 23 with 2056 viewsLohengrin

Well done Jeremy about time on 17:31 - Apr 23 by Joe_bradshaw

The article says all four will be UK wide bank holidays.

It’s The Guardian, though. You have to make allowances.

Well done Jeremy about time on 18:05 - Apr 23 with 2025 viewscentrestandswan

Well done Jeremy about time on 16:24 - Apr 23 by Lohengrin

Well this is a comedic turn of events I must say. After a lifetime spent tunelessly braying The Internationale the old rogue is now wrapping himself in the flag whilst simultaneously embracing Christ. Not only that he’s taking the Tories to task for what he considers their lack of patriotism.

At my age I thought I could safely say that I’d seen it all. I got that wrong and then some!

This should sort him out
Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the Lord thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the Lord thy God, in transgressing his covenant,

3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;

4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:

5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Well done Jeremy about time on 18:16 - Apr 23 with 2003 viewsLohengrin

Well done Jeremy about time on 18:05 - Apr 23 by centrestandswan

This should sort him out
Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the Lord thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the Lord thy God, in transgressing his covenant,

3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;

4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:

5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

All the evidence seems to point to Jezz and his Momentum groupies not going a bundle on anything or anybody Old Testament related.

Well done Jeremy about time on 18:23 - Apr 23 with 1988 viewsAguycalledJack

Hope he intends to redress the balance by giving some sort of credit to small businesses regarding loss of revenue. Maybe some sort of tax relief.
Well done Jeremy about time on 18:37 - Apr 23 with 1970 viewsJack_Meoff

F*ck my eyes we don't half love our indentured servitude in this country.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Well done Jeremy about time on 18:38 - Apr 23 with 1966 viewsLohengrin

Well done Jeremy about time on 18:37 - Apr 23 by Jack_Meoff

F*ck my eyes we don't half love our indentured servitude in this country.

That’s marriage the world over, mate, not just here...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024