Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Acts of kindness 17:15 - Mar 21 with 4055 viewslondonlisa2001

To get away from the ‘shock jock’ lovers, intent on making everyone feel anxious, let’s celebrate instead the small and large acts of kindness that are going around.

I’ll start off with two from today.

On my walk with the dog (which has had to change to lead walks around the area rather than big runs with loads of other dogs), I passed a man of about 40, with his son of about 12, leaving a bottle of wine on everyone’s doorstep in his road, ringing the doorbell and going on to the next house.

Second, I received an email via our neighbourhood watch for the area, from our local convenience store, the type run by the sort of people Lohengrin slagged off in another thread, offering to deliver supplies every morning to anyone who is elderly or vulnerable in the area if they ring them up and say what they need. No minimum. No cost.

These are the best of us. Thank you.

Acts of kindness on 17:21 - Mar 21 with 2403 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’m hoping one of the positives to come out of all this is that as a country we’ll leave behind the venal public discourse that’s developed and become the norm over the last five years and realise that we’re all people and that society and life itself is constantly hanging by a very delicate thread.

Poll: Tory leader

Acts of kindness on 17:22 - Mar 21 with 2396 viewsFlashberryjack

Acts of kindness on 17:21 - Mar 21 by exiledclaseboy

I’m hoping one of the positives to come out of all this is that as a country we’ll leave behind the venal public discourse that’s developed and become the norm over the last five years and realise that we’re all people and that society and life itself is constantly hanging by a very delicate thread.

Don't hold your breath.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Acts of kindness on 17:27 - Mar 21 with 2375 viewsCountyJim

I've put a note in all my elderly neighbours homes with my number if they need supplies I'm more than willing to help

Also started a collection for our local foodbank on our forum
Acts of kindness on 17:32 - Mar 21 with 2361 viewsCooperman

Acts of kindness on 17:21 - Mar 21 by exiledclaseboy

My late grandparents used to tell me stories about post WW2 Great Britain and how the good in human beings delivered great change. I really hope for the same after this period; it’s already dawned on me that there are a few things in my life right now that are not as significant as I once thought they were.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Acts of kindness on 17:37 - Mar 21 with 2338 viewsNeath_Jack

There are volunteer street champions in the lovely little town that i live in. They will collect your shopping or medical supplies and such like, then deliver them to your home. There really are still some lovely, caring individuals around.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Acts of kindness on 18:21 - Mar 21 with 2288 viewsCatullus

Acts of kindness on 17:37 - Mar 21 by Neath_Jack

There are volunteer street champions in the lovely little town that i live in. They will collect your shopping or medical supplies and such like, then deliver them to your home. There really are still some lovely, caring individuals around.

Myself and my wife have just started this. We have the leaflets to deliver after we have filled in our names and phones numbers. A few local shops have said self isolaters can phone through orders and then street champions will pick them up and deliver them. Those self isolating may just need a chat, some support, to know someone is there to offer help.

There is a facebook page I believe so if you can volunteer pleae consider it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Acts of kindness on 18:26 - Mar 21 with 2271 viewsJackfath

As long as people don't post it all over social media. Look at me! Look how great I am! Look what I am doing! Please comment letting everyone know how wonderful I am!

Pricks.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Acts of kindness on 18:28 - Mar 21 with 2259 viewsexiledclaseboy

Acts of kindness on 18:26 - Mar 21 by Jackfath

As long as people don't post it all over social media. Look at me! Look how great I am! Look what I am doing! Please comment letting everyone know how wonderful I am!

Pricks.

Most wouldn’t bother if they couldn’t do that.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Acts of kindness on 18:36 - Mar 21 with 2238 viewslondonlisa2001

Pricks.

I started the thread to celebrate the acts of kindness we are seeing from others in our local community, and from some companies, large and small, not for people on here to point out they’re doing good...

It’s great that people on here are helping, don’t get me wrong!

So another three from me - the Chair of Waitrose was today stacking the shelves in her local branch, Tesco have announced a 10% bonus for all staff from now until at least May, and backdated it, and Budgens have started issuing phone numbers to their local elderly residents where they ring up for someone to bring supplies to them (free and no minimum) and also collecting phone numbers of customers who can help deliver.
Acts of kindness on 18:42 - Mar 21 with 2214 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Our local council is pairing befriender volunteers with vulnerable households to keep in contact/shop etc. They are keeping a record of everyone and regularly sending updated on what is available locally.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Acts of kindness on 18:49 - Mar 21 with 2200 viewsDarran

The OP sounds like something @_DHOTYA would like.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Acts of kindness on 18:55 - Mar 21 with 2179 viewsMrSwerve

Leaving bottles of wine on every doorstep...blimey, it really is another world in London.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Acts of kindness on 19:03 - Mar 21 with 2153 viewsdickythorpe

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Acts of kindness on 19:05 - Mar 21 with 2151 viewsDarran

Acts of kindness on 18:55 - Mar 21 by MrSwerve

Leaving bottles of wine on every doorstep...blimey, it really is another world in London.

Probably a cul-de-sac with 2 houses.

Acts of kindness on 19:07 - Mar 21 with 2140 viewslondonlisa2001

I imagine he only did it for his neighbours. I saw him go into 4 houses in the time it took me to walk past.

He may have gone on a pick up for everyone, doesn’t matter, it was brilliant to see.
Acts of kindness on 19:10 - Mar 21 with 2130 viewslondonlisa2001

Acts of kindness on 18:49 - Mar 21 by Darran

The OP sounds like something @_DHOTYA would like.

“Dear All.

I know it has been a long while since I last emailed out but given that these are pressing times I thought a little bit of useful info might help.

City News @ 29 Richmond way are offering morning deliveries to ELDERLY people only so if you know of anyone that might need this service please let call them on 020 7xxx xxxx and they can arange it

Stay safe and speak soon

Kind Regards”

Didn’t take a picture of the bloke and his son with bottles.

Grow up.
Acts of kindness on 19:12 - Mar 21 with 2115 viewsHighjack

If he’d done that around here they’d be swiped and drunk before the occupant could get to the door.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Acts of kindness on 19:12 - Mar 21 with 2115 viewsdickythorpe

Acts of kindness on 19:07 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

I imagine he only did it for his neighbours. I saw him go into 4 houses in the time it took me to walk past.

He may have gone on a pick up for everyone, doesn’t matter, it was brilliant to see.

Lisa, it is lost on some that he didn't have to do it.
He took time out to do it regardless of what his other priorities were.
There's always got to be an agenda or hidden angle some feel for an individual to be so generous.
Instead of aplauding it, treat it with great suspicion seems to be the way of the modern society.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 19:13]
Acts of kindness on 19:17 - Mar 21 with 2087 viewsFireboy2

Pricks.

Perhaps they did it to reach out to people to do the same?

As normal you look at yet another topic with disdain.

But that doesnt surprise me with you.
Acts of kindness on 19:23 - Mar 21 with 2069 viewsMrSwerve

I was by no means criticising the wine thing.

It was a half-hearted joke (banned on here these days, granted).

It does satirically show the difference, though. People in Merthyr are probably sharing vegetables.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 19:23]

Acts of kindness on 19:24 - Mar 21 with 2058 viewslondonlisa2001

Acts of kindness on 19:23 - Mar 21 by MrSwerve

It does satirically show the difference, though. People in Merthyr are probably sharing vegetables.

No, I gathered that. It was more a response to Darran being a prat to be honest.
Acts of kindness on 19:25 - Mar 21 with 2053 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The little boy next door about 3 sent us a card wishing us well.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Acts of kindness on 19:27 - Mar 21 with 2042 viewsbuilthjack

Acts of kindness on 19:17 - Mar 21 by Fireboy2

Perhaps they did it to reach out to people to do the same?

As normal you look at yet another topic with disdain.

But that doesnt surprise me with you.

You forgot to put "Prick" at the bottom of it

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Acts of kindness on 19:32 - Mar 21 with 2016 viewsDarran

Acts of kindness on 19:23 - Mar 21 by MrSwerve

It sounds like a load of bollox to me.

Acts of kindness on 19:33 - Mar 21 with 2011 viewsMrSwerve

Acts of kindness on 19:24 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

No, I gathered that. It was more a response to Darran being a prat to be honest.

I know, Lis. It’s a lovely gesture.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024