Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Field Hospitals in our area 21:22 - Apr 17 with 3435 viewsDarran

Not due to be completed until the end of June it’s only the middle of fuçking April now.
What’s going on? This is strange.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-field-hospitals-news-coron
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 21:26]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:24 - Apr 17 with 2135 viewsItchySphincter

I agree.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:27 - Apr 17 with 2127 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

My gut feel on this, and it is only my gut feel, is that there is extra capacity being built to manage the virus going forward so that business as usual NHS business can return, we can't afford to scale back on other illness.
It is only a gut feel.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:28 - Apr 17 with 2124 viewsNeath_Jack

Scarlets is completed, Llandarcy Academy of Sport & The WRU Barn at the Vale will be handed over next week. Another one in Bridgend will be nigh on completed by this time next week.

Can't speak for the one in Fords old place, and it's a strange arrangement of contractors carrying that one out...

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:32 - Apr 17 with 2107 viewsDarran

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:28 - Apr 17 by Neath_Jack

Scarlets is completed, Llandarcy Academy of Sport & The WRU Barn at the Vale will be handed over next week. Another one in Bridgend will be nigh on completed by this time next week.

Can't speak for the one in Fords old place, and it's a strange arrangement of contractors carrying that one out...

A lot of extra beds isn’t it?

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:33 - Apr 17 with 2104 viewsFlashberryjack

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:27 - Apr 17 by JACKMANANDBOY

My gut feel on this, and it is only my gut feel, is that there is extra capacity being built to manage the virus going forward so that business as usual NHS business can return, we can't afford to scale back on other illness.
It is only a gut feel.

That's what I would have thought, also maybe in readiness should there be a big increase in infections when they start to ease the lockdown.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:36 - Apr 17 with 2099 viewsCatullus

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:32 - Apr 17 by Darran

Hopefully the end aim is to get every covid patient into a field hospitaland leave the permanent hospitals to deal with the usual day to day stuff.

This virus looks like it's going to be around for a long while.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:37 - Apr 17 with 2093 viewsItchySphincter

Long term planning is what it looks like.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:39 - Apr 17 with 2086 viewsNeath_Jack

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:32 - Apr 17 by Darran

An awful lot of beds Dar.

I hope they have been a complete waste of money.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Login to get fewer ads

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:39 - Apr 17 with 2086 viewsPentyrchJack

Agree Darren. Worrying times. The number of deaths reported is just the tip of the iceberg as it excludes those deaths in care homes and in the community.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:41 - Apr 17 with 2079 viewsNeath_Jack

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:36 - Apr 17 by Catullus

Hopefully the end aim is to get every covid patient into a field hospitaland leave the permanent hospitals to deal with the usual day to day stuff.

This virus looks like it's going to be around for a long while.

That's not correct.

The field hospitals that I mentioned in my post are for the "walking wounded", all the serious cases who require ventilation / oxygen, will still go to the normal hospitals.

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:59 - Apr 17 with 2053 viewsDarran

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:39 - Apr 17 by Neath_Jack

I concur.

Field Hospitals in our area on 22:42 - Apr 17 with 1981 viewsTreforys_Jack

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:39 - Apr 17 by Neath_Jack

I hope they are a complete waste of money and are never needed.
Field Hospitals in our area on 22:50 - Apr 17 with 1967 viewsScotia

Field Hospitals in our area on 21:41 - Apr 17 by Neath_Jack

That's not correct.

The field hospitals that I mentioned in my post are for the "walking wounded", all the serious cases who require ventilation / oxygen, will still go to the normal hospitals.

That is the thing that doesn't wash with me. There are far too many temporary beds for people who don't need much in the way of treatment.

1000 in bay studios, a few hundred in Llandarcy, a few hundred more in Llanelli, Bluestone, the Vale and the principality stadium etc, etc.

Hopefully it's just money thrown at facilities by Westminster and it'll never be needed.
Field Hospitals in our area on 22:52 - Apr 17 with 1952 viewsPentyrchJack

Interesting feature on Newsnight right now which says COVID-19 is more than a respiratory virus. Saying now it debilitates the whole body very quickly in severe cases.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Field Hospitals in our area on 23:23 - Apr 17 with 1915 viewsBest_loser

Field hospitals are for worst case scenarios, meaning second and third wave as the lockdown ends
Field Hospitals in our area on 23:39 - Apr 17 with 1893 viewsmagicdaps10

Field Hospitals in our area on 23:23 - Apr 17 by Best_loser

Field hospitals are for worst case scenarios, meaning second and third wave as the lockdown ends

According to the link, the main hospitals will treat the acute covid19 patients.
This suggests the field hospitals used for everything else but as Daz states....there is a lot of beds.

I hope it is all being done for the worse case scenario, although you do get that sense that we are not being told the full story.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Field Hospitals in our area on 23:42 - Apr 17 with 1890 viewsbuilthjack

Field Hospitals in our area on 23:39 - Apr 17 by magicdaps10

According to the link, the main hospitals will treat the acute covid19 patients.
This suggests the field hospitals used for everything else but as Daz states....there is a lot of beds.

I hope it is all being done for the worse case scenario, although you do get that sense that we are not being told the full story.

Once this is over perhaps they could keep a few places open for the homeless

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Field Hospitals in our area on 23:57 - Apr 17 with 1877 viewsSwanjaxs

Field Hospitals in our area on 23:39 - Apr 17 by magicdaps10

From the very beginning the government stated the worst case scenario would be that 80% of the UK population would be infected with C-19.

It's extremely unlikely that 8 out of 10 of us will be infected, but they have to plan for the worst.

Hopefully most of the new beds won't be needed, in fact I'm pretty sure they won't

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Field Hospitals in our area on 00:10 - Apr 18 with 1859 viewsmagicdaps10

Field Hospitals in our area on 23:57 - Apr 17 by Swanjaxs

From the very beginning the government stated the worst case scenario would be that 80% of the UK population would be infected with C-19.

It's extremely unlikely that 8 out of 10 of us will be infected, but they have to plan for the worst.

Hopefully most of the new beds won't be needed, in fact I'm pretty sure they won't

The truth of the matter is that no one knows for certain how it is going to pan out, these hospitals going up are just proof of that.... The capabilities this virus has is enough for the powers to be to prioritise for worse case scenario.

Its the not knowing that has twisted the arm and the not knowing is what is fuelling the fear in us all, unfortunately in these unusual and uncertain times, people are looking at having a pop at the govermant, for me this really stinks and it should be a time for support, understanding and to the best of our ability under the circumstances..... Spread positivity.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Field Hospitals in our area on 00:21 - Apr 18 with 1841 viewsSwanjaxs

Field Hospitals in our area on 00:10 - Apr 18 by magicdaps10

The truth of the matter is that no one knows for certain how it is going to pan out, these hospitals going up are just proof of that.... The capabilities this virus has is enough for the powers to be to prioritise for worse case scenario.

Its the not knowing that has twisted the arm and the not knowing is what is fuelling the fear in us all, unfortunately in these unusual and uncertain times, people are looking at having a pop at the govermant, for me this really stinks and it should be a time for support, understanding and to the best of our ability under the circumstances..... Spread positivity.

Absolutely mate.

It's unlikely that most of the temporary facilities will be needed, but even now, if the authorities decided to build more, I'd be up for that...

Whatever it costs 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Field Hospitals in our area on 00:21 - Apr 18 with 1842 viewsmajorraglan

Field Hospitals in our area on 23:57 - Apr 17 by Swanjaxs

Agreed, with an 80% infection rate millions would need treatment and hundreds of thousands would need acute care. The hospitals would be inundated and there would be a potential for serious disorder when people couldn’t get help for their loved ones.

Let’s hope MDT of these facilities and the temporary mortuaries that are sor8ning up won’t be needed.
Field Hospitals in our area on 04:10 - Apr 18 with 1793 viewsNotLoyal

Field Hospitals in our area on 22:50 - Apr 17 by Scotia

That is the thing that doesn't wash with me. There are far too many temporary beds for people who don't need much in the way of treatment.

1000 in bay studios, a few hundred in Llandarcy, a few hundred more in Llanelli, Bluestone, the Vale and the principality stadium etc, etc.

Hopefully it's just money thrown at facilities by Westminster and it'll never be needed.

Too many beds not enough people, maybe they know something we don't know.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Field Hospitals in our area on 07:37 - Apr 18 with 1757 viewspencoedjack

It’s a shame these hospitals couldn’t have been constructed in buildings that would be able to be used long term.

Ideal to reduce bed blocking in day to day NHS hospitals
Field Hospitals in our area on 07:47 - Apr 18 with 1746 viewsGoldminer

I heard that in the case of a major outbreak where demand for ventilators far exceeds demands then under 50's with no health problems will be guaranteed a ventilator; over 50's will have to meet strict criteria.

I was recently admitted to hospital and was asked
smoker or ever smoked
underlying health condition
how much i drink
dependents

So over 55 fat, drunk, unemployed smokers are screwed.

Maybe these field hospitals are to cater for those that don't meet the criteria.
occupation
Field Hospitals in our area on 07:47 - Apr 18 with 1745 viewsCatullus

The plan apparently uses field hospitals (the one in London at least) for critical care too, if needed,

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/23/nhs-plans-to-turn-excel-centre-int

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024