Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoilett 12:32 - Mar 3 with 8213 viewsDANRANGER

Sorry if this has been mentioned but does anyone understand what Harry achieves by taking Hoilett off after an hour of most games. Agreed he's been a huge disappointment but surely we need to build him up as we have little threat within the team. He seems to be over his injuries so 90 minutes should be a must and the options are no better.

The change of formation when he took Hoilett off failed miserably also as relinquished possession when we went 2 up front and Morrison wide took him out of the game also.
Hoilett on 12:34 - Mar 3 with 5219 viewsdaveB

Hoillett was offering next to nothing as usual so can see why he took him off
Hoilett on 12:52 - Mar 3 with 5166 viewssimmo

I want to know what the fck the coaching staff are playing at. How you can get a young player with potential on top of talent and have him performing as consistently bad as he has been shows a lack of training and motivation.

From what I see on the pitch I think the coaching at QPR is awful at senior level.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hoilett on 13:00 - Mar 3 with 5135 viewsDANRANGER

Hoilett on 12:34 - Mar 3 by daveB

Hoillett was offering next to nothing as usual so can see why he took him off

I still feel he has more in his game than most of our team so to keep taking him off is never going to benefit him. We were better when he was on and to give him 90 minutes and build him up a bit more makes more sense going forward. I'm clutching at straws with him but you have to hope he can re-capture some form.
Hoilett on 13:14 - Mar 3 with 5072 viewsdaveB

He's never shown any form so not sure he can recapture it. His only move it to try and play a one two of the defenders shins and hope to wriggle his way through. I never thought he was much cop at Blackburn either.

Easy to blame the coaching staff for everything but he's not got worse since Redknapp came in, he was crap with the odd good moment before before and still crap with the odd good moment now.
Hoilett on 13:22 - Mar 3 with 5038 viewsthame_hoops

Hoilett on 13:14 - Mar 3 by daveB

He's never shown any form so not sure he can recapture it. His only move it to try and play a one two of the defenders shins and hope to wriggle his way through. I never thought he was much cop at Blackburn either.

Easy to blame the coaching staff for everything but he's not got worse since Redknapp came in, he was crap with the odd good moment before before and still crap with the odd good moment now.

i thought he started off the season well. There was talk of stoke bidding for him end of august and i was glad he stayed but since then (when he hasn't been injured) he's been awful. so precictable
Hoilett on 13:23 - Mar 3 with 5036 viewsToast_R

Bit harsh there mate.

I thought he has on occasion shown that he has enough in his locker to at least be playing in the Premier League as a regular starter. I still see the goal against Reading last season and the early season form he showed and wonder why he hasnt been able to cotrol the ball like that ever since?

He has been inconsistant to say the least, hampered by injuries and too many pancakes for breakfast.

Holilett is still an attacking threat and that is something of a massive rarity at QPR. The problem I have is taking him off is all fine and dandy but when that happens the player coming on to replace him usually offers love minus zero.

A given he'll get sold for pittance and then tear up trees at this next club. So your probably right in that the quality of the coaching given at Harlington don't not even register a 1 star.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2014 13:24]
Hoilett on 13:24 - Mar 3 with 5032 viewsNov77

No end product, just fannys about until he loses possession.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Hoilett on 13:30 - Mar 3 with 5010 viewslave16

Hoilett on 13:23 - Mar 3 by Toast_R

Bit harsh there mate.

I thought he has on occasion shown that he has enough in his locker to at least be playing in the Premier League as a regular starter. I still see the goal against Reading last season and the early season form he showed and wonder why he hasnt been able to cotrol the ball like that ever since?

He has been inconsistant to say the least, hampered by injuries and too many pancakes for breakfast.

Holilett is still an attacking threat and that is something of a massive rarity at QPR. The problem I have is taking him off is all fine and dandy but when that happens the player coming on to replace him usually offers love minus zero.

A given he'll get sold for pittance and then tear up trees at this next club. So your probably right in that the quality of the coaching given at Harlington don't not even register a 1 star.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2014 13:24]

Hoilett is a treat but gets bundled off the ball to easily.... on the other hand in benyoun should have ran down the tunnel rather than onto the pitch, I fail to see why we keep paying him and playing him... the only thing he achieves it to move our team out of position as they move thinking he will do something with the ball and then are out of position when he does not get it or loses it...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Login to get fewer ads

Hoilett on 13:33 - Mar 3 with 4997 viewsToast_R

Hoilett on 13:30 - Mar 3 by lave16

Hoilett is a treat but gets bundled off the ball to easily.... on the other hand in benyoun should have ran down the tunnel rather than onto the pitch, I fail to see why we keep paying him and playing him... the only thing he achieves it to move our team out of position as they move thinking he will do something with the ball and then are out of position when he does not get it or loses it...

Benayoun is here to prove that the haircut of the 90's is still acceptable. That is all.
Hoilett on 14:18 - Mar 3 with 4926 viewsdaveB

Hoilett was fine this season until the transfer window shut and any hope of a move away went, since then you can count the number of good games he's had on one hand. I'd agree his replacement on Saturday offered nothing ether but it was worth trying something as he was creating nothing again. He certainly has the attributes to be better than he's shown us but I'm not sure he has it in him to put it all together
Hoilett on 14:25 - Mar 3 with 4908 viewsfrancisbowles

I would prefer to see Hoilett coming on to run at tired defenders. He might be more successful with the kicking it against their shins.

I would start with the same central three as Saturday and put Barton on the right and Krancjar left if Traore is out.
Hoilett on 15:25 - Mar 3 with 4843 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hoilett on 14:18 - Mar 3 by daveB

Hoilett was fine this season until the transfer window shut and any hope of a move away went, since then you can count the number of good games he's had on one hand. I'd agree his replacement on Saturday offered nothing ether but it was worth trying something as he was creating nothing again. He certainly has the attributes to be better than he's shown us but I'm not sure he has it in him to put it all together

We've only played 5 games since the window shut so even if he'd played a blinder in 5 you'd still be able to count his good performances on one hand.

oh i know you meant the first transfer window, dave, stop worrying. personally, i think with the injuries we have, he has to play, but he's not been great, but not sure anyone on the bench will be any better.

Bare bones.

Hoilett on 00:52 - Mar 4 with 4704 viewsINFIRMARY

Play him forward attacking midfield and he would create 80% more

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Hoilett on 08:24 - Mar 4 with 4605 viewsSpiritofGregory

Hoilett on 13:24 - Mar 3 by Nov77

No end product, just fannys about until he loses possession.

Always thought he was overweight, selfish, thick and lazy.
Hoilett on 13:56 - Mar 4 with 4534 viewsCHUBBS

Hoilett on 00:52 - Mar 4 by INFIRMARY

Play him forward attacking midfield and he would create 80% more

He does play there yet fails to deliver any real quality.
Another player who's more interested in the money than the game(ala swp)who we are paying 10 times more than his true worth.
He has a bit of talent but seems to lack the desire and is devoid of a football brain.
Mostly when he recieves the ball,he takes an age to make a decision by which time they double up on him leaving him with little option but to pass or kick and hope.
He constantly hides during games passing responsibility to far less talented players.
Another ponce who should be ashamed taking that wage whilst contributing so little.
Unless he changes his attitude,i'd get rid in the summer.
Hoilett on 14:02 - Mar 4 with 4528 viewsTheBlob

Hoilett on 13:56 - Mar 4 by CHUBBS

Another player who's more interested in the money than the game(ala swp)who we are paying 10 times more than his true worth.
He has a bit of talent but seems to lack the desire and is devoid of a football brain.
Mostly when he recieves the ball,he takes an age to make a decision by which time they double up on him leaving him with little option but to pass or kick and hope.
He constantly hides during games passing responsibility to far less talented players.
Another ponce who should be ashamed taking that wage whilst contributing so little.

Well this is it,maybe he's there to draw defenders - sometimes three - and then an astute ball inside..............works apart from the asture ball

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Hoilett on 14:09 - Mar 4 with 4523 viewsTHEBUSH

Hoilett on 13:00 - Mar 3 by DANRANGER

I still feel he has more in his game than most of our team so to keep taking him off is never going to benefit him. We were better when he was on and to give him 90 minutes and build him up a bit more makes more sense going forward. I'm clutching at straws with him but you have to hope he can re-capture some form.

+1 and he's one of ours, not a player on loan, should be given more playing time, imo.
Hoilett on 14:18 - Mar 4 with 4509 viewsDANRANGER

Hoilett on 13:56 - Mar 4 by CHUBBS

Very difficult to argue with anyone that criticises Hoilett but we've manage to take a highly rated young Premier League player and turn him into a wasted talent. It's easy to say get rid but this is the biggest issue the club faces and they continue to make the same mistakes.

This shouldn't be happening, we need to stop paying big money and being mugged off by these types. I felt Hoilett was good enough to play for an Arsenal or Spurs so I was delighted when he signed but the ££££'s have affected him. Still feel a manager should be able to get more out of him than we've seen but clearly something amiss.

I'd be amazed if questions are not being asked of the coaching staff by TF as to why the likes of Hoilett can become so poor and we have to loan 8 players to slowly become worse than we were at the start of the season.
Hoilett on 14:42 - Mar 4 with 4485 viewsNorthernr

On the point about Saturday, we've got a game every 25 minutes for the next month, Hoilett's piano wire hamstring will need nursing through that, and he was having a mare on Saturday anyway.

On the general point, it's another player who has come to QPR and either stagnated totally or actually got worse.
A club like us should be buying low, improving, and selling high as we always used to do with people like Ferdinand, Sinton, Peacock etc.
What we're actually doing is buying high and then ruining them to the point where nobody else wants them and they just sit in the depths of our squad picking up money while contributing nothing or they get loaned out at our expense.

There's something sadly, sadly wrong at QPR.
Hoilett on 14:48 - Mar 4 with 4473 views00calben

Hoilett on 14:42 - Mar 4 by Northernr

On the point about Saturday, we've got a game every 25 minutes for the next month, Hoilett's piano wire hamstring will need nursing through that, and he was having a mare on Saturday anyway.

On the general point, it's another player who has come to QPR and either stagnated totally or actually got worse.
A club like us should be buying low, improving, and selling high as we always used to do with people like Ferdinand, Sinton, Peacock etc.
What we're actually doing is buying high and then ruining them to the point where nobody else wants them and they just sit in the depths of our squad picking up money while contributing nothing or they get loaned out at our expense.

Excellent post.
Hoilett on 15:14 - Mar 4 with 4433 viewsClive_Anderson

Doesn't seem to have the pace that he thinks he has, so if he does shuffle past a defender they just casually catch up with him and get the ball back.

He reminds me of SWP.
Hoilett on 15:30 - Mar 4 with 4417 viewskropotkin41

I remember thinking the guy looked great when he was at Wigan.

This kind if thing seems to have been going on for years; we get a player who has been good at another club, they come to us and don't do it any more, it's like the reverse Midas touch.

I don't even think that Charlie has looked as good a footballer for us as he looked for Burnley.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Hoilett on 16:16 - Mar 4 with 4379 viewsdaveB

Hoilett on 15:30 - Mar 4 by kropotkin41

I remember thinking the guy looked great when he was at Wigan.

This kind if thing seems to have been going on for years; we get a player who has been good at another club, they come to us and don't do it any more, it's like the reverse Midas touch.

I don't even think that Charlie has looked as good a footballer for us as he looked for Burnley.

disagree on that, Austin's all round game has improved a lot over the season
Hoilett on 16:23 - Mar 4 with 4365 viewskropotkin41

Hoilett on 16:16 - Mar 4 by daveB

disagree on that, Austin's all round game has improved a lot over the season

I'm happy to accept your opinion on that - mine is based on very limited observation.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Hoilett on 21:07 - Mar 4 with 4267 viewsMatch82

Hoilett on 14:42 - Mar 4 by Northernr

Agreed in principle, but let's not forget that we had a few mares during the "good times" as well - the likes of Sheron, Zelic etc were "buy highs" (at least in relative terms) and unsuccesful ones.

So is the actual difference that we used to have a scouting network which took the time, and had the ability, to look through the lower leagues for bargains?

Personally, and this is something others on here have also expressed, I think the two words which should sum up our policy should be "young" and "hungry"

And talented of course, although I assume that goes without saying...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024