Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Tarquins 17:11 - Feb 14 with 7733 viewsMark1

About time they changed their manager again and not Gentlemanly Booing their team off - Again.
The Tarquins on 17:57 - Feb 14 with 6291 viewsthemodfather

they can rot..imagine them getting a named manager?
The Tarquins on 19:11 - Feb 14 with 6178 viewsMrSheen

Noticeable how completely they have lost confidence in their young players. Goes to show what an attritional league the Championship is.
The Tarquins on 19:17 - Feb 14 with 6163 viewsMark1

Doesn't look like the new owner wants to spend any money. I go down there with Fulham mates sometimes and they're a shadow of what they were just a few Seasons back.

Strangely enough, they've stopped taking the Piss out of us.

If we stay up I say we pick off their best youngsters and watch em plummet as the Tarquin-come-latelys depart to where they came from.
The Tarquins on 23:35 - Feb 14 with 5976 viewsSJL

I went along today... (I got a mate who follows them). In fairness, there was nearly 20,000 there and they supported their team quite well. The team itself was appalling though and they could well go down - as crap as any team I saw us play last year. But I can't fault their support... It hasn't fallen away like I thought it would. Turning up in those numbers to watch that dross is actually quite commendable.
The Tarquins on 23:40 - Feb 14 with 5959 viewsJuzzie

Ipswich are 4th so probably that had a bearing too on the attendance. They've aveaged about 17k this season which is still good. The stay-aways were probably not Fulham fans anyway, just tourists and people who want to watch the PL.
The Tarquins on 03:40 - Feb 15 with 5865 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

They may have dodged a bullet here too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31475941

If he was still in charge i'm sure this wouldn't do the club any good.
The Tarquins on 08:23 - Feb 15 with 5751 viewsLblock

The Tarquins on 23:35 - Feb 14 by SJL

I went along today... (I got a mate who follows them). In fairness, there was nearly 20,000 there and they supported their team quite well. The team itself was appalling though and they could well go down - as crap as any team I saw us play last year. But I can't fault their support... It hasn't fallen away like I thought it would. Turning up in those numbers to watch that dross is actually quite commendable.

They were doing a promotion of tickets for £6.50 each though!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Tarquins on 09:11 - Feb 15 with 5687 viewsganjR

The powers that be still want him hung for what his son did and his subsequent comments after.
It's a bit like Assange. Gives the establishment and now is a rapist, very hard to give anybody a glowing support when such a heinous crime hangs over their head.
Login to get fewer ads

The Tarquins on 11:06 - Feb 16 with 5387 viewsKonk

The Tarquins on 17:57 - Feb 14 by themodfather

they can rot..imagine them getting a named manager?

I don't even know what this means. Seriously.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

The Tarquins on 11:11 - Feb 16 with 5365 viewsKonk

The Tarquins on 08:23 - Feb 15 by Lblock

They were doing a promotion of tickets for £6.50 each though!!!

Average gate this season is 17,005, which considering we had 1 point after 8 games, haven’t been in the top half all season and aren’t exactly playing great stuff, isn’t too bad. I think 6 of our home games have been midweekers too, when we’ve always had significantly lower crowds. 4,000 Ipswich there on Saturday, so not sure that any promotion on tickets had too big an impact on the gate if you compare it to our average.

As for losing faith in the kids — Magath insanely packed the team full of 17-19 year olds who physically can’t compete yet at this level, and they had a pretty brutal introduction to senior football with 1 point from the opening 24. The sensible thing to do was to take most of the kids out of the firing line, but the odd blip apart, Bettinelli has been good, Lasse Vigen Christensen has been excellent, Kavanagh looks promising and Hyndman looks like he’ll be a decent player too. I think we should stay up, but it’s not been the best of seasons! That said, I really like the Championship; football’s not always the best, but it’s brilliantly competitive.

The Tarquins on 11:14 - Feb 16 with 5352 viewsdanehoop

To be fair, you only had to read that scrullious rag, "Private Eye" for the past 20 plus years, long before Di died in a car crash, to know that the phoney pharoah appeared to have a lot of form in this area. Quite a number of cases were alledged to have been paid off.

Never knowingly understood

The Tarquins on 11:25 - Feb 16 with 5328 viewsRangersw12

How's that Patrick Roberts getting on ?

As for crowds I think they are what most people expected a high turn out of away fans as majority of haven't been to CC for years and a massive drop in tourists and day trippers

I would of thought the atmosphere is better at CC as least the people in the home ends actually support Fulham and not just their to see PL football
The Tarquins on 11:34 - Feb 16 with 5308 viewsganjR

Konk,
I have to say fair play to your club. They have done wonders when it comes to attracting new fans locally. Seems that it's paying off. Maybe, with all the promising young players coming through, another season in the championship may do them the world of good.
Also, at least with the championship, you have a chance of glory, instead of being the 4th worst club in the prem being seen as success.

As a side note about Al Fayed: read a brilliant thing about him being hoodwinked by the late Papa Doc Duvalier. Went to Haiti on the promise of cheap oil and came back with barrels of molasses from a sugar refining plant.
If you ever watch interviews with Papa Doc, you can see he is an actual psychopath, but very engaging to watch.
If anyone cares, Red Heat by Alex Von Tunzelmann is an amazing book that I read about Al Fayed, Duvalier, Castro etc.
The Tarquins on 11:37 - Feb 16 with 5294 viewsadhoc_qpr

Chances are we'll be in a similar position to Fulham at this point next season - and their kids are a hell of a lot better than our kids!
The Tarquins on 12:37 - Feb 16 with 5184 viewsKonk

Roberts is clearly very talented, but he’s also very slight. I think in a year or so, if we’re doing okay he’ll be great to bring on with 20-25 minutes to go to run at teams, but he doesn’t look quite ready yet. Symons is giving him 5-10 minutes here and there, which seems a bit pointless to me as he struggles to make any impact and I wouldn’t imagine it’s doing him any favours.

Crowds are where I expected them to be given the sh it season we’ve had. Interesting thing with away support in this division, is that even clubs we’ve played regularly in the PL like Blackburn, Bolton, Birmingham etc, have all brought more down that they usually did in the PL, even though they’re not having the best of seasons themselves. Away numbers have been excellent.

Going up this year by some fluke would have done us absolutely not favours at all. We are a long way of competing properly with the top clubs in the division and need to spend some serious money in the summer if we’re going to go for promotion next season. The kids will all be another year older and better prepared, though. Not overly confident we'll see any proper investment.

The Tarquins on 13:22 - Feb 16 with 5085 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Tarquins on 12:37 - Feb 16 by Konk

Roberts is clearly very talented, but he’s also very slight. I think in a year or so, if we’re doing okay he’ll be great to bring on with 20-25 minutes to go to run at teams, but he doesn’t look quite ready yet. Symons is giving him 5-10 minutes here and there, which seems a bit pointless to me as he struggles to make any impact and I wouldn’t imagine it’s doing him any favours.

Crowds are where I expected them to be given the sh it season we’ve had. Interesting thing with away support in this division, is that even clubs we’ve played regularly in the PL like Blackburn, Bolton, Birmingham etc, have all brought more down that they usually did in the PL, even though they’re not having the best of seasons themselves. Away numbers have been excellent.

Going up this year by some fluke would have done us absolutely not favours at all. We are a long way of competing properly with the top clubs in the division and need to spend some serious money in the summer if we’re going to go for promotion next season. The kids will all be another year older and better prepared, though. Not overly confident we'll see any proper investment.

Fair play to you Konk. You always come on here and fight your corner in a very rational way.
I have seen and spoken to quite a few Fulham fans on my way home South of the river and they have mostly shared the same self-depreciating humour QPR fans have. There but for the grace etc etc.
The Tarquins on 14:06 - Feb 16 with 5026 viewsheadhoops

The Tarquins on 11:34 - Feb 16 by ganjR

Konk,
I have to say fair play to your club. They have done wonders when it comes to attracting new fans locally. Seems that it's paying off. Maybe, with all the promising young players coming through, another season in the championship may do them the world of good.
Also, at least with the championship, you have a chance of glory, instead of being the 4th worst club in the prem being seen as success.

As a side note about Al Fayed: read a brilliant thing about him being hoodwinked by the late Papa Doc Duvalier. Went to Haiti on the promise of cheap oil and came back with barrels of molasses from a sugar refining plant.
If you ever watch interviews with Papa Doc, you can see he is an actual psychopath, but very engaging to watch.
If anyone cares, Red Heat by Alex Von Tunzelmann is an amazing book that I read about Al Fayed, Duvalier, Castro etc.

will also endorse Red Heat as well as the blooding of youth. The kids of the future those from 11-14 will look at the teams who bring talent through and guess which ones they join?
certainly not us.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

The Tarquins on 14:14 - Feb 16 with 5019 viewsKonk

The Tarquins on 13:22 - Feb 16 by CroydonCaptJack

Fair play to you Konk. You always come on here and fight your corner in a very rational way.
I have seen and spoken to quite a few Fulham fans on my way home South of the river and they have mostly shared the same self-depreciating humour QPR fans have. There but for the grace etc etc.

Thanks mate. Most of us are under no illusions as to where we stand in the grand scheme of things. Pretty realistic bunch on the whole — like everyone else, we think we support a pretty special club, but that’s more to do with the ground, the character of the club, the fact that most of our support could justifiably have followed that lot down the road, but went with the club who’ve never really won anything instead etc. Not so different from Rangers in many ways.

The Tarquins on 14:23 - Feb 16 with 4987 viewspaulparker

I cant get to worked about Fulham or Brentford TBH
infact I would say the 3 of us have very unique accessible grounds, we have grounds with character give me Griffin Park, the cottage& loftus road over st marys , the emirates etc
for the 3 of us all in west London we have a very loyal support base,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Tarquins on 14:35 - Feb 16 with 4959 viewsQPR1882

Have never forgiven them for putting me through years of nightmares after Paul Went's attempted murder on Martin Busby broke his leg and made a sound like a bull whip that could be heard as far away as Hammersmith broadway.
The Tarquins on 14:41 - Feb 16 with 4941 viewsadhoc_qpr

If we do go down, i'll look forward to the Fulham and Brentford West London derbies!

Especially if we end up playing the likes of Doughty, Petrasso, Greco-Cox versus the Fulham kids.
The Tarquins on 14:59 - Feb 16 with 4904 viewsWilloW4

The Tarquins on 14:23 - Feb 16 by paulparker

I cant get to worked about Fulham or Brentford TBH
infact I would say the 3 of us have very unique accessible grounds, we have grounds with character give me Griffin Park, the cottage& loftus road over st marys , the emirates etc
for the 3 of us all in west London we have a very loyal support base,

I agree with most of your post Paul but , been working near Brentford/ Kew bridge for awhile and had the dubious pleasure of meeting a fair few bees fans... I can honestly say that they all have whinged about Rangers... Varied age groups slagged us off , needless to say we just laughed at them..tell them they're not even in London and they fall apart...Middlesex is not in west London.. As for Fulham, I've never had a problem with them.. As konk said.. Some could have gone to that lot down the road from them but didn't....footnote: when I was a kid my local postman said "there's only one team in west London, look at the postcodes!"... That was over 40 years ago, never forgotten it.
The Tarquins on 15:08 - Feb 16 with 4884 viewspaulparker

The Tarquins on 14:59 - Feb 16 by WilloW4

I agree with most of your post Paul but , been working near Brentford/ Kew bridge for awhile and had the dubious pleasure of meeting a fair few bees fans... I can honestly say that they all have whinged about Rangers... Varied age groups slagged us off , needless to say we just laughed at them..tell them they're not even in London and they fall apart...Middlesex is not in west London.. As for Fulham, I've never had a problem with them.. As konk said.. Some could have gone to that lot down the road from them but didn't....footnote: when I was a kid my local postman said "there's only one team in west London, look at the postcodes!"... That was over 40 years ago, never forgotten it.

ive had the displeasure with working with Fulham & Brentford fans Willo and they come across as very bitter morons especially Fulham (this was the days of Keegan & Wilkins BTW )
as for the clubs themselves ive always quite like Brentford , I like their ground and always seemed to be on the verge of good things for it to go t1ts up, the nearly men
same as Fulham I like the old school feel of the ground ,I like the kids they are bringing through
maybe its me but I love the old style grounds like we all have , great transport links, great pubs and probably we all share the same gallows humour
be a real shame when they all eventually go

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Tarquins on 15:36 - Feb 16 with 4845 viewsstowmarketrange

The Tarquins on 14:14 - Feb 16 by Konk

Thanks mate. Most of us are under no illusions as to where we stand in the grand scheme of things. Pretty realistic bunch on the whole — like everyone else, we think we support a pretty special club, but that’s more to do with the ground, the character of the club, the fact that most of our support could justifiably have followed that lot down the road, but went with the club who’ve never really won anything instead etc. Not so different from Rangers in many ways.

Like a lot of Rangers fans in years gone by,I used to sometimes go to Fulham games when QPR weren't playing,especially during the Marsh,Best era.
I used to live in Roehampton and each ground was a short bus ride away,and I also had lots of Fulham friends too,so I don't have any hatred towards them or their fans that some do.Although a few of them behaved like dicks as they passed us in 2001,and also 2 seasons ago.I'm pretty sure that we may have done the same if the situation had happened in reverse.
Plus any team that hates the tossers from eastern SW6 as much as us can't be all that bad.
The Tarquins on 15:50 - Feb 16 with 4817 viewsWilloW4

The Tarquins on 15:08 - Feb 16 by paulparker

ive had the displeasure with working with Fulham & Brentford fans Willo and they come across as very bitter morons especially Fulham (this was the days of Keegan & Wilkins BTW )
as for the clubs themselves ive always quite like Brentford , I like their ground and always seemed to be on the verge of good things for it to go t1ts up, the nearly men
same as Fulham I like the old school feel of the ground ,I like the kids they are bringing through
maybe its me but I love the old style grounds like we all have , great transport links, great pubs and probably we all share the same gallows humour
be a real shame when they all eventually go

Fair points Paul.. I like all 3 grounds etc too. Brentford fans do put a lot of energy into disliking the R's and Fulham.. And I've never taken them seriously.. They're new ground seems like it will look good but like other clubs they'll lose a lot of character that griffin park has..as for the gallows humour mate I agree 100%..I've had more good laughs with "smaller" supporting clubs fans than I've ever had with pretentious so called big team fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024