Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 547140 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 12:40 - Mar 7 with 9010 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Watching this on Amazon. It's very good.

Edit: It's called Sophia and is about the last Byzantine princess who was also Ivan the Terrible's grandmother.

[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 12:42]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 12:43 - Mar 7 with 9001 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 12:40 - Mar 7 by Metallica_Hoop

Watching this on Amazon. It's very good.

Edit: It's called Sophia and is about the last Byzantine princess who was also Ivan the Terrible's grandmother.

[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 12:42]

I think we've reached peak Metallica!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 12:45 - Mar 7 with 9001 viewstraininvain

Half decent tv on 16:08 - Mar 5 by Lblock

Currently watching Save Me on Sky Atlantic -- I'm one and a half episodes in and so far it's pretty good

Finished Save Me last weekend and have to say it was fantastic.

Great characters, gripping storyline, loved the scenes in the local pub.
Half decent tv on 14:26 - Mar 8 with 8848 viewshubble

Half decent tv on 14:18 - Jan 1 by LythamR

I have just finished watch Godless on Netflix. Awesome in 4k beautifully shot and strong plot with Jeff Daniels as a very naughty baddie, best thing i have seen this year.

Godless is so utterly gorgeous I've just started re-watching it.

Okay, I'm a sucker for the sweeping vistas of the Wild West and all that goes with it, but this is beautiful, beautiful TV drama. I agree with you Peter, it's the best thing I've seen in many a year.

I was going to post its theme up in the TV themes thread because the soundtrack is fantastic too, but here's the trailer to whet your appetite:

Half decent tv on 15:02 - Mar 8 with 8816 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 14:26 - Mar 8 by hubble

Okay, I'm a sucker for the sweeping vistas of the Wild West and all that goes with it, but this is beautiful, beautiful TV drama. I agree with you Peter, it's the best thing I've seen in many a year.

I was going to post its theme up in the TV themes thread because the soundtrack is fantastic too, but here's the trailer to whet your appetite:

Have often wondered about that programme, hubble, and you might have sold me.

Is it non-stop shooting and grimness, or would you say it had ggod characters and a good plot?

Half decent tv on 15:19 - Mar 8 with 8802 viewshubble

Half decent tv on 15:02 - Mar 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Have often wondered about that programme, hubble, and you might have sold me.

Is it non-stop shooting and grimness, or would you say it had ggod characters and a good plot?

Not so much shooting Brian (in contemporary terms) - the characters are beautifully drawn and acted. What I love about Godless is the way everything is slowed down to the rhythm of the period, so it has this wonderful lyricism to the words, the cinematography, everything, yet it is totally gripping. The plotting is clever, with several intertwining subplots all leading us towards the climax. It has an authenticity to it that is rare, and honestly, it's gorgeous to watch!
Half decent tv on 17:01 - Mar 8 with 8770 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 15:19 - Mar 8 by hubble

Not so much shooting Brian (in contemporary terms) - the characters are beautifully drawn and acted. What I love about Godless is the way everything is slowed down to the rhythm of the period, so it has this wonderful lyricism to the words, the cinematography, everything, yet it is totally gripping. The plotting is clever, with several intertwining subplots all leading us towards the climax. It has an authenticity to it that is rare, and honestly, it's gorgeous to watch!

Sounds great. Thanks hubble. I'll give that a whirl.

Half decent tv on 19:41 - Mar 8 with 8735 viewsW13R

Half decent tv on 12:45 - Mar 7 by traininvain

Finished Save Me last weekend and have to say it was fantastic.

Great characters, gripping storyline, loved the scenes in the local pub.

Just finished watching it, great show.

That pub is also the real "The Palm Tree"in Mile End near the canal.
Been in there a couple of times, proper old school battle cruiser as they would say around that neck of the woods.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 20:24 - Mar 8 with 8719 viewsTripleR

Half decent tv on 17:01 - Mar 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Sounds great. Thanks hubble. I'll give that a whirl.

Don't think you'll be disappointed, I really enjoyed it.
Half decent tv on 22:27 - Mar 11 with 8621 viewseastside_r

Just finished watching 'Life and Death Row' on BBC2.

Very powerful stuff, it almost made me change my long-held views on the death penalty.
Half decent tv on 22:44 - Mar 11 with 8597 viewsCiderwithRsie

Half decent tv on 15:19 - Mar 8 by hubble

You may have sold that one to me too - might just have to hijack my daughter's Netflix account for it. (I'm paying for the bloody thing, after all)
Half decent tv on 00:48 - Mar 22 with 8433 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just finished Series 4 of 'Shetland'. It's a really strong murder mystery that gets better every series. Recommended.

Half decent tv on 08:55 - Mar 22 with 8372 viewsenfieldargh

Half decent tv on 00:48 - Mar 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Just finished Series 4 of 'Shetland'. It's a really strong murder mystery that gets better every series. Recommended.

Love Shetland has me yearning to wear a fairisle pullover

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Half decent tv on 09:09 - Mar 22 with 8364 viewsMetallica_Hoop

On Episode 4 of this It's very good.

The Venues/sets are amazing as are the Costumes.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 10:35 - Mar 22 with 8311 viewsjohnhoop

Half decent tv on 08:55 - Mar 22 by enfieldargh

Love Shetland has me yearning to wear a fairisle pullover

Agreed. Had never seen the previous series but watched this one and thought it was great. Douglas Henshall’s line in about episode four that the detectives coming up from the mainland would be people who thought “we do nothing up here except knit pullovers” had me laughing out loud.
Nearly as funny as Clive’s rant about coffee shops yesterday.
Half decent tv on 18:37 - Mar 22 with 8218 viewsR_from_afar

Anyone been watching "This Country?" The scene when Marie (I think that was her name) accused Kurtan of making her mum cry was absolute comedy gold.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 21:09 - Mar 22 with 8175 viewslondonscottish

Half decent tv on 23:08 - Feb 14 by Lblock

McMafia was excellent TV

Hard Sun was a bit......mmmmmmmm. I couldn’t help laughing when watching it as Agnyus whatever her name is, was an absolute ringer for my Old Assistant. I sent him a WhatsApp as he’d not seen it and he’s vowed to grow a beard

I’m liking the look of this Save Me due on Sky (scum) Atlantic very soon. From the makers of Line of Duty and main man in it a fine British actor instantly recognisable from Snatch (I don’t know his name but I always call him Lenny!!!)

I'm making my way slowly through McMafia. Best thing I've seen in ages.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Half decent tv on 21:17 - Mar 26 with 8058 viewshubble

Half decent tv on 00:48 - Mar 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Just finished Shetland S4 - top, top drama. Incredibly moving ending.
Half decent tv on 14:52 - Mar 27 with 7942 viewschris1969

Money Heist on Netflx. Spanish drama and very good with an original plot. I think it's 15 episodes and rated 9/10 on IMDB
Half decent tv on 16:10 - Mar 27 with 7897 viewsPhildo

Half decent tv on 21:17 - Mar 26 by hubble

Just finished Shetland S4 - top, top drama. Incredibly moving ending.

I couldn't help but feel with a real death in custody the OB would have all been in deep sh@t though and unlikely to make series 5. The accent of the other male cop, the Shetland native is amazing to listen to as well.
Half decent tv on 17:13 - Mar 27 with 7871 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Half decent tv on 21:09 - Mar 22 by londonscottish

I'm making my way slowly through McMafia. Best thing I've seen in ages.

I don't know how 'realistic' it was... loads of Russian politicians and mafia murdering Russian exiles in the UK.

And all by 'conventional' means - boring old knives and shooters... so 'last decade'.

Not a radioactive drink or toxic nerve agent in sight - pathetic!

[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 17:13]
Half decent tv on 23:14 - Apr 5 with 7739 viewshubble

Just watched the final episode of Keeping Faith on iplayer. Blimey. Gripping, emotional drama at its best. Welsh production, hats off to them, bloody brilliant!
Half decent tv on 12:56 - Apr 7 with 7590 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 14:26 - Mar 8 by hubble

Hubble,

Thanks for recommending Godless. I'm on episode three and getting into it. Love the cinematography, there's some good characters forming and the dialogue's good so far.

Looking forward to the rest of it.

Half decent tv on 13:33 - Apr 7 with 7553 viewsstuabd

The final season of the Americans has just started. I've loved this series and hoping the last season is as good as the rest. I'm hoping Martha turns up.
Half decent tv on 14:05 - Apr 7 with 7516 viewsisawqpratwcity

Half decent tv on 13:33 - Apr 7 by stuabd

The final season of the Americans has just started. I've loved this series and hoping the last season is as good as the rest. I'm hoping Martha turns up.

I really miss that program. They only showed it in Oz up to (I think) season 3, and even then they were fairly cavalier about not committing to any particular time slot except 'late night', or even any particular running order, bastards!

I suppose it just mustn't have rated here. Maybe some of the plotlines were a little bit far-fetched with all the wigs and false moustaches, but the show had a nice emotional core with relationships, beliefs, deceit and betrayal.

I like seeing Brits taking lead roles in Yank shows, and a native Welsh speaker playing a Russian hiding in America is a hoot! The bloke is also partnered off-screen with his co-star.

Thanks for the reminder. I really must track it down again on the internet somewhere.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024