Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million 23:08 - Jul 13 with 13241 viewsBucksRanger

EDDIE HOWE is planning to solve his Bournemouth defensive crisis by raiding QPR for Steven Caulker and Nedum Onuoha.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/529798/Bournemouth-transfer-news-Eddie
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 15:53 - Jul 15 with 3214 viewsrsonist

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 13:36 - Jul 15 by PinnerPaul

for a 46+ game season you need 4 centre backs - 2 will NOT be enough.

I'd be happy with Kpekawa in the fourth slot. And someone like Andre Pierre at Wycombe who we've frequently been linked with would be an appropriate (and sensibly priced/renumerated) understudy to Hall and Lynch.

A lot of Charlton fans think Cousins best position might be at CB, though I don't think he's ever played there.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 16:13 - Jul 15 with 3182 viewsDannytheR

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 15:53 - Jul 15 by rsonist

I'd be happy with Kpekawa in the fourth slot. And someone like Andre Pierre at Wycombe who we've frequently been linked with would be an appropriate (and sensibly priced/renumerated) understudy to Hall and Lynch.

A lot of Charlton fans think Cousins best position might be at CB, though I don't think he's ever played there.

He played RB for them for a stretch, funnily enough...
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 16:47 - Jul 15 with 3112 viewsShotKneesHoop

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 11:20 - Jul 14 by rsonist

I'd take it at £1.5m and I'm not exaggerating.

So would 'Arry.

As long as its a brown envelope job.

If it happens - FMOB.

Corruption knows no boundaries

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 17:02 - Jul 15 with 3069 viewsrsonist

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 16:47 - Jul 15 by ShotKneesHoop

So would 'Arry.

As long as its a brown envelope job.

If it happens - FMOB.

Corruption knows no boundaries

Come back when you get a new schtick.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 17:10 - Jul 15 with 3054 viewsBlue_Castello

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 13:36 - Jul 15 by PinnerPaul

for a 46+ game season you need 4 centre backs - 2 will NOT be enough.

Wow I was never intimating that we should go into a 46 game season with only 2 centre backs not sure where that came from.

The point being discussed is that at the right price all of our players should be considered marketable and if we get offered "silly" money then we would be mad to turn it away.

We all know the Daily Star is a pile of crap and this rumour is complete fantasy but if we were offered big money we can't just walk away.
Totally agree we need 4 centre backs but they don't all have to be first choice, we keep being told Perch played some of his best games for Wigan at centre back so he could well be a good back-up option, if the other two were sold we would go into the market for a similar player to Lynch in terms of transfer fee and if all else fails the loan option.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 17:35 - Jul 15 with 2999 viewsMedwayR

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 15:53 - Jul 15 by rsonist

I'm fairly certain he played CB as a kid in their youth teams but hasn't played their since turning pro. He's played RB a few times as a professional.

Poll: Who’s better?

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 19:49 - Jul 15 with 2833 viewsmartincook

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 18:58 - Jul 14 by DannytheR

All the signs are that we were planning on bringing in another CB as well as Lynch, presumably until it became apparent Caulker couldn't get another club (and/or JFH decided he liked the look of him).

Put me firmly in the drive them there myself category, but the actual story that started this is £350m for the NHS level bollocks.

"Put me firmly in the drive them there myself category, but the actual story that started this is £350m for the NHS level bollocks."

Give it a rest Danny.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 16:15 - Jul 16 with 2551 viewsLoft1979

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 10:21 - Jul 15 by francisbowles

Excellent post Blue. Being of a similar vintage, I agree with everything in it. The main pont is, if we get a good price offered and he wants to go, we shouldn't stand in his way.

Ned is a very good pro and a good player but he does have his faults and errors and is not irreplaceable.

Caulker gets routinely trashed here for his mistakes but he is no more inconsistent than Ned. In fact Ned greatly benefited from being paired with Clint. Bottom line is we can get Premier league money for these two who probably will only start if there are injuries or there are FA cup runs. 15m to Bournemouth for depth players with premier league experience, youth and health is not that much of a reach. QpR can easily use that focus on good youngsters alas Grant and Ingram.
Login to get fewer ads

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 16:39 - Jul 16 with 2493 viewsWatford_Ranger

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 16:15 - Jul 16 by Loft1979

Caulker gets routinely trashed here for his mistakes but he is no more inconsistent than Ned. In fact Ned greatly benefited from being paired with Clint. Bottom line is we can get Premier league money for these two who probably will only start if there are injuries or there are FA cup runs. 15m to Bournemouth for depth players with premier league experience, youth and health is not that much of a reach. QpR can easily use that focus on good youngsters alas Grant and Ingram.

Caulker gets routinely trashed because:

A) He seems to spend a not insignificant proportion of his free time drinking/fighting/pissing away what over-hyped talent there is/was

B) When he's on the pitch he's constantly a disaster. The header at Hull!

Onuoha, like him or hate him, seems to do his best to be the best footballer he can be. Sometimes he doesn't play well but he doesn't act like a tit.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 17:05 - Jul 16 with 2449 viewsDannytheR

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 16:39 - Jul 16 by Watford_Ranger

Caulker gets routinely trashed because:

A) He seems to spend a not insignificant proportion of his free time drinking/fighting/pissing away what over-hyped talent there is/was

B) When he's on the pitch he's constantly a disaster. The header at Hull!

Onuoha, like him or hate him, seems to do his best to be the best footballer he can be. Sometimes he doesn't play well but he doesn't act like a tit.

Agreed. It's impossible to be inside his head and maybe I'm doing him a massive disservice, but the reason so many people were furious about Caulker's header at Hull wasn't that it was a pro footballer making a mistake, which they all do - but someone who clearly thought he was better than the club in the first place and couldn't give a fk.

I don't think that's ever been true of Onuoha, limited as he is.

I still can't help hoping Caulker gets his act/head together because he is clearly talented, and he *should* stop 90% of anything this league could throw at him. But that season he spent with us under Redknapp left a bad taste in the mouth.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 22:27 - Jul 16 with 2198 viewsLoft1979

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 17:05 - Jul 16 by DannytheR

Agreed. It's impossible to be inside his head and maybe I'm doing him a massive disservice, but the reason so many people were furious about Caulker's header at Hull wasn't that it was a pro footballer making a mistake, which they all do - but someone who clearly thought he was better than the club in the first place and couldn't give a fk.

I don't think that's ever been true of Onuoha, limited as he is.

I still can't help hoping Caulker gets his act/head together because he is clearly talented, and he *should* stop 90% of anything this league could throw at him. But that season he spent with us under Redknapp left a bad taste in the mouth.

Not saying Caulker is great or even potentially good. I do want to make a statement along the lines that virtually every other QPR CB pairing has gotten 'posterized' in thec last 2 prem seasons. Yes Nex might be a class act but HE has been the source of constant errors especially as a RB he is Challenged as a CB. Interesting though to see our current coaches are our for him.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 08:25 - Jul 17 with 2061 viewsYorkRanger

Ready to be shot down...

But caulker could be a really good centre half, his issues seem to be in his mind and off the pitch. Maybe JFH could be the one to sort that out? Players like Richard Dunne have had their problems and got straightened out.

Onuoha is a good player at Championship level and by all accounts a good man around the club. Why get rid of him to replace with another Championship player?

Finally same principle for Henry (sorry Disco). He does a job effectively but has limitations. He is our player, why get rid to try and find someone else to do the same job?

Sorry...
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 08:51 - Jul 17 with 1994 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 08:25 - Jul 17 by YorkRanger

Ready to be shot down...

But caulker could be a really good centre half, his issues seem to be in his mind and off the pitch. Maybe JFH could be the one to sort that out? Players like Richard Dunne have had their problems and got straightened out.

Onuoha is a good player at Championship level and by all accounts a good man around the club. Why get rid of him to replace with another Championship player?

Finally same principle for Henry (sorry Disco). He does a job effectively but has limitations. He is our player, why get rid to try and find someone else to do the same job?

Sorry...

The only reason I can see for getting shot of both players is the ridiculous price. Id have thought £4/£5 M for both at most. But £15 M! We could get some very able replacements plus a decent center forward for that.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 09:10 - Jul 17 with 1941 viewsAitch

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 08:51 - Jul 17 by dodge_stoke_r

The only reason I can see for getting shot of both players is the ridiculous price. Id have thought £4/£5 M for both at most. But £15 M! We could get some very able replacements plus a decent center forward for that.

I'd agree with that. I think Caulker has spent more time playing for other clubs while our player and not making a go of it so would rather get rid. And as much as I like Ned £15m for the pair is a steal. We could play Perch at CB where I think he's better suited, bring in replacements and still have cash left over.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 09:26 - Jul 17 with 1895 viewsDiscodroids

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 08:25 - Jul 17 by YorkRanger

Ready to be shot down...

Sorry...

Hold the front page York. I agreed with every bit of your post. Id like to keep Caulker and Ned.

Edit.Just seen the Henry Bit. oh well 2 out of 3 aint bad mate

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 15:00 - Jul 17 with 1723 viewsYorkRanger

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 09:26 - Jul 17 by Discodroids

Hold the front page York. I agreed with every bit of your post. Id like to keep Caulker and Ned.

Edit.Just seen the Henry Bit. oh well 2 out of 3 aint bad mate

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 15:07 - Jul 17 with 1698 viewsDiscodroids

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 15:00 - Jul 17 by YorkRanger

Now now York, I might just be persuaded that keeping Henry as back up for a 50 game season wasnt the worst idea in the world.

This famous linguist once said that of all the phrases in the English language, of all the endless combinations of words in all of history, that " Cellar Door " is the most beautiful.

I disagree. 'Armand Traore has left QPR by mutual consent' is far more beautiful.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 15:25 - Jul 17 with 1663 viewspaulparker

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 15:07 - Jul 17 by Discodroids

Now now York, I might just be persuaded that keeping Henry as back up for a 50 game season wasnt the worst idea in the world.

This famous linguist once said that of all the phrases in the English language, of all the endless combinations of words in all of history, that " Cellar Door " is the most beautiful.

I disagree. 'Armand Traore has left QPR by mutual consent' is far more beautiful.

Fack me , armand traore a bloke who is coming up 27 and in that space of time has racked up only 130 appearences for 4 clubs and this Kunt is a millionaire
What a golden age of football we live in

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 16:05 - Jul 17 with 1621 viewskensalriser

At last, something we can all rejoice in.

"Armand Traoré (born 8 October 1989) is a professional footballer who plays as a left back and is currently a free agent after leaving Queens Park Rangers."

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 16:15 - Jul 17 with 1596 viewsDiscodroids

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 16:05 - Jul 17 by kensalriser

At last, something we can all rejoice in.

"Armand Traoré (born 8 October 1989) is a professional footballer who plays as a left back and is currently a free agent after leaving Queens Park Rangers."

Fantastic. the unknown pleasures of traore finally facking off.

im having a jig of jigs in the garden

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024