Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million 23:08 - Jul 13 with 13242 viewsBucksRanger

EDDIE HOWE is planning to solve his Bournemouth defensive crisis by raiding QPR for Steven Caulker and Nedum Onuoha.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/529798/Bournemouth-transfer-news-Eddie
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 09:25 - Jul 14 with 3489 viewsBlue_Castello

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 08:07 - Jul 14 by simmo

The Daily Star.

Agreed it's the Daily Star so it's more like a story from CBeebies take your pick.....

However my gut feeling is the "Management" will do the smartest deals possible for the club and at the the moment the Chief may be captain but he is in a way surplus to requirements if Hall and Lynch were to become first choice centre backs. We all know Neds not a right back in a month of Sunday's and I think there's serious potential to get a large transfer fee for Ned as he's got plenty of experience at Premiership level which some clubs obviously need.
I'm sure we would offload Caulker as well if the right offer comes along and that may be why he's been included in the current squad to show people he's not on the reject list and would therefore require a reasonable transfer fee.

All conjecture of course but thats the way we have conducted our business so far makes me think there's a few more shrewd transfers to be done.
Let's face it if Phil Beard was still the CEO we would have paid 3-5 million for Cousins because that's what they wanted. Lee Hoos is a bloody genius if nothing else give praise to Fernandes for appointing him in the first place......
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 9:27]
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 09:52 - Jul 14 with 3409 viewsbosh67

I don't think both would go. Perhaps Caulker for about 6 million, if we are lucky. Ned is only worth about 1.5-2m on the transfer market anyway. I think he and his family are settled in London. I would be sorry to see him go but not devastated. Re Caulker, if someone offers a decent price then take the money. Again, a shame, but the boy has issues and it may be better for him to be down by the coast rather than in the big smoke!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 10:01 - Jul 14 with 3378 viewsMaggsinho

There was some herbert from Bournemouth on Twitter banging on about this yesterday, I suspect that the Daily Star has just trawled Twitter and published it to fill a few words.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 10:01 - Jul 14 with 3375 viewssimmo

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 09:25 - Jul 14 by Blue_Castello

Agreed it's the Daily Star so it's more like a story from CBeebies take your pick.....

However my gut feeling is the "Management" will do the smartest deals possible for the club and at the the moment the Chief may be captain but he is in a way surplus to requirements if Hall and Lynch were to become first choice centre backs. We all know Neds not a right back in a month of Sunday's and I think there's serious potential to get a large transfer fee for Ned as he's got plenty of experience at Premiership level which some clubs obviously need.
I'm sure we would offload Caulker as well if the right offer comes along and that may be why he's been included in the current squad to show people he's not on the reject list and would therefore require a reasonable transfer fee.

All conjecture of course but thats the way we have conducted our business so far makes me think there's a few more shrewd transfers to be done.
Let's face it if Phil Beard was still the CEO we would have paid 3-5 million for Cousins because that's what they wanted. Lee Hoos is a bloody genius if nothing else give praise to Fernandes for appointing him in the first place......

With the obvious caveat that this story holds absolutely no substance given it comes from a comic book with tits, I think quite a few people advocating him being sold are underestimating the fact that Chief is more to QPR than simply what he does on the pitch. He represents a level of consistency and experience that is missing in our dressing room and if you watch the interview he did recently talking about his responsibilities, he is the one the players come to with problems, he's the mediator and the go-between for players and management. He seems perfect for that and it's clearly a massive reason he was and continues to be made skipper.

If you're looking purely at 'he might not be needed to start on match day', I think that's a little short sighted.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 10:03 - Jul 14 with 3365 viewsCamberleyR

It's a mis-print. I think the article meant "add to" rather than "solve".

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 10:05 - Jul 14 with 3352 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I could see Caulker go on a loan-to-buy option to Bournemouth and I fully expect the chief's first game of the season to be at home to Leeds.

£15m is plainly ridiculous and the type of journalism rooted in narcotic induced make believe.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 10:11 - Jul 14 with 3333 viewsStanisgod

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 03:14 - Jul 14 by Loft1979

Wow! Already said Ned was odd man out. This makes too much sense. Lynch and Hall should be first choice. Perch is best as a CB and then there is the issue of Jack Robinson. As article states both are premier league veterans and priced right for a newly promoted or consolidating team.

We can and look to be content to rewind to the 4 year plan when we pulled from within the division or took premier league youngsters.

" Premier League veterans "

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 10:26 - Jul 14 with 3283 viewsTacticalR

It is interesting how ecstatic we all get over player sales.

The club needs to be innovative and respond to the wishes of fans - I would like to see it look into the possibility of operating entirely without players.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 11:01 - Jul 14 with 3214 viewsrsonist

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 10:01 - Jul 14 by simmo

With the obvious caveat that this story holds absolutely no substance given it comes from a comic book with tits, I think quite a few people advocating him being sold are underestimating the fact that Chief is more to QPR than simply what he does on the pitch. He represents a level of consistency and experience that is missing in our dressing room and if you watch the interview he did recently talking about his responsibilities, he is the one the players come to with problems, he's the mediator and the go-between for players and management. He seems perfect for that and it's clearly a massive reason he was and continues to be made skipper.

If you're looking purely at 'he might not be needed to start on match day', I think that's a little short sighted.

No one would argue that Ned isn't a lovely well-spoken young man and perfect "ambassador for the club" (do we have embassies abroad btw?). Trouble is that's all anyone can ever say about him. £20k-£30k a week for a mascot seems a touch excessive even in this day and age.

"Chief is more to QPR than simply what he does on the pitch. He represents a level of consistency and experience [...]". 1/ He is a footballer 2/ who so far represents a level of consistent underachievement and experience of a over-comfortable lack of improvement. Might also add that in his role as captain our other actually-performing assets like Hall play worse next to him, and he himself has only looked capable when the junior partner to a Hill or Dunne. He is forever shonky as a right back as we all know (although in fairness I think he can still be steady at best there this season and not an automatic liability).

As far as the mediator role goes - Lynch, Bidwell, even young Cousins were all senior leaders at their previous clubs. It might be a bit of a shake-up but continuity with our glorious recent past isn't exactly what we're going for is it?
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 11:09 - Jul 14 with 3188 viewsrsonist

I mean I don't hate Ned or anything - how could anyone, he's ever so nice? - but I don't see how you could argue that were we to part ways with him it wouldnt be a golden opportunity for progress. I doubt Furlong would be worse than him at RB (could certainly be better if given game time) and even if we don't think he's ready yet we could sign someone like Adam Matthews available at Sunderland and improve the side massively.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 11:10]
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 11:16 - Jul 14 with 3166 viewsDorse

I'll be sorry to see a pro like Ned leave but he's clearly not a right back and we have better centre backs at the club. It's a shame, in a way, because I genuinely like him: he gives his best whenever he plays but quite often the lack of cover from the midfield has left him facing the hordes.

Caulker? I still think there's one hell of a player in there somewhere but he needs to move on for everyone's sake. We'd be lucky to get the best out of him in the Champ because he'll always be eyeing the exit (Cauxit?). He's never really shown any feeling for QPR and clearly feels like he's a Prem player. Better all round if he's off.

£15m? Take it. Now. That'll cover all sorts of expenses this year and might even see us meeting FFP regs far earlier than expected.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 11:20 - Jul 14 with 3163 viewsrsonist

I'd take it at £1.5m and I'm not exaggerating.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 12:10 - Jul 14 with 3053 viewsqpr1976

Especially as he was everpresent in a comfortable season finishing just above midtable.

That alone suggests he offers something we need.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 12:29 - Jul 14 with 3001 viewssimmo

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 12:10 - Jul 14 by qpr1976

Especially as he was everpresent in a comfortable season finishing just above midtable.

That alone suggests he offers something we need.

He was ever-present though, the only one who was I think. JFH wants those that can play every game, he has already shown he can do that.

The point is the players see him as a huge part of the squad and essential member of the dressing room, I doubt there's anyone amongst them that would want to see him go and if he is sold, I think it would be quite disruptive. It's not simply about his ability at RB.

That all being said, if a good enough offer comes in for him or anybody else, we are not in a position to turn it down. Not that I think (as above) there's any substance to this particularly story.

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 14:03 - Jul 14 with 2796 viewsqpr1976

"He was ever-present though, the only one who was I think."

Which is what I said.
I agree entirely. Selling both and bringing in 2 replacements would be disruptive and risky bearing in mind Lynch is also new. 3/4 of CB's new is high risk. And seeing as 2 of the CB's we showed interest in (allegedly) have gone to Nuwcassell & Brizzle City, we'd be back to square one.
That said, if Palarse were looking at Caulker for £6.5m (albeit they didn't buy) it suggests Ned is being valued at £8.5m ! Which probably goes to show why the story is rubbish.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 15:59 - Jul 14 with 2585 viewsdistortR

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 10:26 - Jul 14 by TacticalR

It is interesting how ecstatic we all get over player sales.

The club needs to be innovative and respond to the wishes of fans - I would like to see it look into the possibility of operating entirely without players.

We were well on the way to that before holloway arrived and started so-called 'signing' players.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 17:37 - Jul 14 with 2425 viewsCHUBBS

I used to be one of Neds prime defenders seeing the future improvement that was beyond his erratic play.
The consistent improvement never came possibly due to a clear lack of confidence that wasn't evident when he had a strong leader beside him.
The problem is he's on far more money than his form is worth and Hill and Dunne have now left the club,if they want him for anything around the 2 million mark we should take it.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 17:58 - Jul 14 with 2384 viewsAntti_Heinola

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 17:37 - Jul 14 by CHUBBS

I used to be one of Neds prime defenders seeing the future improvement that was beyond his erratic play.
The consistent improvement never came possibly due to a clear lack of confidence that wasn't evident when he had a strong leader beside him.
The problem is he's on far more money than his form is worth and Hill and Dunne have now left the club,if they want him for anything around the 2 million mark we should take it.

Ned signed a new deal fairly recently (last summer?) so I doubt he's quite on the big money we think he is, although obviously he'll be on a very tidy salary.
But as you say, everyone has a price. Not sure we can lose Ned and Caulker without buying another CB though - would leave us awfully light.

Bare bones.

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 18:58 - Jul 14 with 2268 viewsDannytheR

All the signs are that we were planning on bringing in another CB as well as Lynch, presumably until it became apparent Caulker couldn't get another club (and/or JFH decided he liked the look of him).

Put me firmly in the drive them there myself category, but the actual story that started this is £350m for the NHS level bollocks.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 20:58 - Jul 14 with 2010 viewsrsonist

If they do want either you'd think it might be worth asking about King or Grabban. They've got a surplus of forwards now.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 08:27 - Jul 15 with 1723 viewsBlue_Castello

Well it's true as I've got older I now need glasses for reading ......

In an ideal world we wouldn't sell the Chief he has been a good servant to the club and as you rightly say his experience counts for a lot with such a young squad being assembled. That said we have the likes of Henry and Mackie still on board who can pass on invaluable knowledge and the type of player that is being added to the squad definitely appears the "right sort".

Surely we are now in a QPR era of financial stability where the books have to be balanced for FFP and any potential sale must be considered. Somebody like the Chief could command a decent transfer fee and although I would like to see him stay IF it was a large sum of money then it should be considered.

Believe you me I know what experience brings to a team, I'm old enough to have watched Mclintock and Webb play for the Rs and they did a tremendous job at the end of their careers. I would have been happy to see Sir Clint of Hill get one more year as cover, that would have given us the safety net needed because the Chief and Caulker may still get sold.
Anyway I trust the current management, they are doing a good job.......
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 10:21 - Jul 15 with 1630 viewsfrancisbowles

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 08:27 - Jul 15 by Blue_Castello

Well it's true as I've got older I now need glasses for reading ......

In an ideal world we wouldn't sell the Chief he has been a good servant to the club and as you rightly say his experience counts for a lot with such a young squad being assembled. That said we have the likes of Henry and Mackie still on board who can pass on invaluable knowledge and the type of player that is being added to the squad definitely appears the "right sort".

Surely we are now in a QPR era of financial stability where the books have to be balanced for FFP and any potential sale must be considered. Somebody like the Chief could command a decent transfer fee and although I would like to see him stay IF it was a large sum of money then it should be considered.

Believe you me I know what experience brings to a team, I'm old enough to have watched Mclintock and Webb play for the Rs and they did a tremendous job at the end of their careers. I would have been happy to see Sir Clint of Hill get one more year as cover, that would have given us the safety net needed because the Chief and Caulker may still get sold.
Anyway I trust the current management, they are doing a good job.......

Excellent post Blue. Being of a similar vintage, I agree with everything in it. The main pont is, if we get a good price offered and he wants to go, we shouldn't stand in his way.

Ned is a very good pro and a good player but he does have his faults and errors and is not irreplaceable.
Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 10:42 - Jul 15 with 1588 viewssimmo

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 10:21 - Jul 15 by francisbowles

Excellent post Blue. Being of a similar vintage, I agree with everything in it. The main pont is, if we get a good price offered and he wants to go, we shouldn't stand in his way.

Ned is a very good pro and a good player but he does have his faults and errors and is not irreplaceable.

Yeah said as much in subsequent posts. The new era QPR means that every player has their price and as we've already shown, there is value out there for replacements.

So far we've made 4 acquisitions all of which are universally positive and we can pay for all of them, wages included, by selling one over-rated dutchman. Mental.

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 13:04 - Jul 15 with 1461 viewsR_from_afar

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 01:06 - Jul 14 by LazyFan

We should take £16m and through in Sandra as well.
This way Howe can make it a hat-trick of exploiting our little club.

Oh those Prem clubs stealing all our over rated players, how can we possibly defend against such bigger clubs :P

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I would *reduce* the price to £14m if they also take Sandro!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 13:36 - Jul 15 with 1390 viewsPinnerPaul

Onuoha & Caulker to Bournemouth for £15 million on 09:25 - Jul 14 by Blue_Castello

for a 46+ game season you need 4 centre backs - 2 will NOT be enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024