Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So...on tinkering 18:16 - Apr 29 with 4575 viewskensalriser

Hails of abuse for tinkering crimes relating to the Preston and Brentford games. But not a whisper for the Birmingham game.

Is tinkering approved now? Or maybe it's just a bit easier to beat Birmingham.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

So...on tinkering on 18:54 - Apr 29 with 3767 viewsTacticalR

Carry on Tinkering (a.k.a. Carry on Up the Bush)

Air hostess clique

So...on tinkering on 19:54 - Apr 29 with 3672 viewsBoston

When I clicked on the OP I thought this was going to be another attack on the travelling communities.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

So...on tinkering on 20:01 - Apr 29 with 3654 viewsEsox_Lucius

It does beg the question, what are the Twitter trolls latching onto as food for their hatred of QPR whilst pretending to be die hard fans? Similar question for the FB "fans"

The grass is always greener.

So...on tinkering on 22:44 - Apr 29 with 3493 viewsEsox_Lucius

I think my question has been answered with the attack on TF for his thoughts on moving forward and a new manager... something the trolls were crying out for until it appears it might happen.

The grass is always greener.

So...on tinkering on 22:49 - Apr 29 with 3484 viewsdaveB

Tinkering is only ok when we win like yesterday and the sheff wed game. Any time we do it and lose it's a bad thing.

To be fair to Holloway the starting 11 did look mad yesterday especially the back 4 but it was all players who are likely to be here next season so it did make sense.
So...on tinkering on 23:13 - Apr 29 with 3442 viewsNorthernr

So...on tinkering on 20:01 - Apr 29 by Esox_Lucius

It does beg the question, what are the Twitter trolls latching onto as food for their hatred of QPR whilst pretending to be die hard fans? Similar question for the FB "fans"

My favourite of this breed are the really, really prolific critics of Holloway and QPR who refuse to ever set foot in Loftus Road again until some unspecified change occurs, but are nevertheless able to live Tweet blow by blow accounts of how awful the match they’re not at is.
So...on tinkering on 00:09 - Apr 30 with 3352 viewsQPR_Jim

Tbh I think we were lucky to equalise so quickly, in the two minutes between the goals there was plenty of time for the people around me to start moaning about the team selection despite the lively start. Had it taken much longer to equalise, I suspect that it may have become more pronounced and maybe affected the younger players confidence.
So...on tinkering on 01:02 - Apr 30 with 3308 viewstimcocking

Not a whisper because why gripe when we've just won a great game with the youngest team ever and nothing to play for at the end of the season? Plus zero fit centre backs at the club. And the man has just lost his mother.

It doesn't mean there haven't been mistakes in selection.

I'll be very disappointed if he goes now, though. All the young players will love him and he's done really well this season. An awful tweet from Tony.

Also, why bother open a post which is sure to cause more arguing and bashing of Ollie, when he should be congratulated on a relatively successful season? Just let it go. By opening this post, you've invited people to criticise Ollie more, which i hope wasn't the intention.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2018 2:24]
Login to get fewer ads

So...on tinkering on 01:20 - Apr 30 with 3294 viewstimcocking

How do we know they are QPR fans? Tony has been excellent from the beginning, he's even a nice bloke. I usually assume people abusing him are Brentford fans...
So...on tinkering on 01:41 - Apr 30 with 3292 viewsmylot50years

So...on tinkering on 23:13 - Apr 29 by Northernr

My favourite of this breed are the really, really prolific critics of Holloway and QPR who refuse to ever set foot in Loftus Road again until some unspecified change occurs, but are nevertheless able to live Tweet blow by blow accounts of how awful the match they’re not at is.

On the other hand Northernr, this type of cretin also exists with their views to support Holloway after so many of his unexplainable performance's as our manager, very annoying particularly for those of us who travel up and down the country witnessing Holloways incompetence first hand.
So...on tinkering on 05:34 - Apr 30 with 3231 viewsdanehoop

So...on tinkering on 01:41 - Apr 30 by mylot50years

On the other hand Northernr, this type of cretin also exists with their views to support Holloway after so many of his unexplainable performance's as our manager, very annoying particularly for those of us who travel up and down the country witnessing Holloways incompetence first hand.

There we go.

Never knowingly understood

So...on tinkering on 06:13 - Apr 30 with 3205 viewsisawqpratwcity

So...on tinkering on 05:34 - Apr 30 by danehoop

There we go.

What is your problem?

"Ooh, look, an anti-Holloway post: there it is! There it is!"

Ask Lee Hoos if he complains about people who criticise but still attend games, I'll bet his reply is something along the lines of "Their money is just as good as anybody else's."

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

So...on tinkering on 07:39 - Apr 30 with 3146 viewssmegma

Next season I'm changing seats/stands. So I sat in my new seat in SAR on Saturday. I was literally next to that Finney fella. At half time I moved blocks as I had the biggest moaning c@nt I've ever heard at football in my life. Within the first 8 minutes he moaned about 10 times. When Brum scored, he wasn't even watching as he talking to the bloke behind him. He asked 'what happened?' then proceeded to berate Scowen for giving the ball away. I asked Finney if this guy was a regular and thankfully he isn't..if he's there next season I will move seats again I think.
So...on tinkering on 08:03 - Apr 30 with 3105 viewsqprd

Tinkering is only bad when there's no rhyme or reason to it, or we're setting up players to fail.

Playing overweight Ravel against Brighton when we knew he was on his way out was dumb. Playing Petrasso out of position in his first start in months against Sheff Weds- dumb; playing Goss in a derby against Brentford in the middle of park against a team who always has possession- dumb

Ollie has "tinkered" recently, but the changes have been more logical to me...
So...on tinkering on 08:47 - Apr 30 with 3065 viewssmegma

So...on tinkering on 08:03 - Apr 30 by qprd

Tinkering is only bad when there's no rhyme or reason to it, or we're setting up players to fail.

Playing overweight Ravel against Brighton when we knew he was on his way out was dumb. Playing Petrasso out of position in his first start in months against Sheff Weds- dumb; playing Goss in a derby against Brentford in the middle of park against a team who always has possession- dumb

Tinkering is always a gamble, some pay off some don't. But when it doesn't it gives the moaners ammunition. When it does they mysteriously disappear or if they praise Ollie the next word in the sentence is always BUT.....

but he has to go being the usual response.
So...on tinkering on 09:19 - Apr 30 with 3006 viewsDejR_vu

So...on tinkering on 08:47 - Apr 30 by smegma

Tinkering is always a gamble, some pay off some don't. But when it doesn't it gives the moaners ammunition. When it does they mysteriously disappear or if they praise Ollie the next word in the sentence is always BUT.....

but he has to go being the usual response.

But if the "moaners", as you put it, moaned after a win the "non-moaners" would moan about that. Perhaps it's actually the "non-moaners", who like to moan about the "moaners", who moan most.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2018 9:21]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

So...on tinkering on 09:51 - Apr 30 with 2951 viewsDorse

To tinker or not to tinker? That is the question. I tink.

For what it's worth, I don't mind the whole tinkering thing if it allows for younger players to get First Team experience. Obviously, this needs to be carefully managed, considering what you may be dropping them into (Furlong against Sanchez, for example) but it can't be a bad thing to see the likes of Oteh, Eze, Smyth, Manning and now Chair develop.

The tinkering that drives me barmy is when you take a balanced side and bugger it up by doing weird things to it: Wheeler as a lone striker stands out this season but every manager has done it at some point.

On balance, I like to see opportunities but don't like change for change's sake.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

So...on tinkering on 09:52 - Apr 30 with 2951 viewsQPR_John

So to sum this thread up you cannot be critical of anything when the team loses unless you are equally critical when the team wins.
So...on tinkering on 11:34 - Apr 30 with 2872 viewsJuzzie

So...on tinkering on 23:13 - Apr 29 by Northernr

Same applies to people who can't go to a game (as opposed to not wanting to) for reasons such as geography, cost etc. OK, they may well be able to follow it through a variety of sources but it simply is not the same as being there.
The last year and a half I've cut dramatically the number of games I've been able to go to due to family reasons and therefore cannot comment on games I've not been to irrespective of how much info about the game is available.

The example of the bloke berating Scowen just because someone told him he made a mistake is no different from people espousing opinions of the game just because of what they read online.

As for 'tinkering', yes, it's seems to me that people will only complain when results don't come in. If we win, people shut up. It's no different to why a person like Marlon King kept getting contracts. As long as he was scoring goals people turned a blind eye to his 15+ criminal convictions with fans citing "he deserves a second chance".

[Post edited 30 Apr 2018 11:37]
So...on tinkering on 12:32 - Apr 30 with 2800 viewsrsonist

Thing is, while Twitter troll bogeymen outliers do exist, they're not what this thread is actually about. Reducing everything to irrational haters and irrational happy clappers is everything that's wrong with football and probably the world and all.

I mean there are plenty of people, some in this thread in fact, who gave it pretty kneejerk large about the prospect of Ollie changing the side up. Have they brought it up since? Doesn't appear to be much difference between weekly tombola and weekly amnesia...
So...on tinkering on 12:44 - Apr 30 with 2781 viewsDavieQPR

It's not just tinkering, that is OK, it is the mass tinkering every week. The youngsters
need to get used to who they are playing with, to learn their style of runs etc. If Holloway stops this next season, addresses the away performances and does not revert to 3 at the
back then everyone will be happy.
So...on tinkering on 13:24 - Apr 30 with 2728 viewsPinnerPaul

So...on tinkering on 12:44 - Apr 30 by DavieQPR

It's not just tinkering, that is OK, it is the mass tinkering every week. The youngsters
need to get used to who they are playing with, to learn their style of runs etc. If Holloway stops this next season, addresses the away performances and does not revert to 3 at the
back then everyone will be happy.

'everyone' will NEVER be happy - I can guarantee that!
So...on tinkering on 13:31 - Apr 30 with 2719 viewsTacticalR

At this point in the season I don't give a tinker's cuss whether he tinkers or not.

Air hostess clique

So...on tinkering on 23:48 - Apr 30 with 2612 viewsmylot50years

So...on tinkering on 08:03 - Apr 30 by qprd

Logical ? Like playing Ebere Eze up front on his own away at Hull, ok bad decision. But then benching him on that performance for several games after, what do you consider that does to the boys confidence. This is just one of many irrational decisions made by Holloway regarding our young kids, and in this day and age in football particularly, some idiots at the first opportunity will give these kids pelters resulting in serious damage to confidence. It's thanks to some great work done behind the scenes by LF for the scouting set up we now have in place, and CR and his team for the kids now coming through. It's vitally important that next season we have someone managing these kids properly with QPRs future their concern,and not someone that tends to like grabbing cheap headlines for themselves by doing the unexpected.I personally like TF and think he tries to do what he thinks is best for QPR, I have always felt the Holloway appointment was a bad one, thankfully we have muddled through the last two seasons but now TF it's time for a rethink.
So...on tinkering on 04:49 - May 1 with 2554 viewstimcocking

In fact having watched the 90 minutes, wow.

I've been wanting us to play with Josh Scowen and 5 attackers at home all season, but for Ollie to have the guts to stick with his belief and do that here and with marauding fullbacks and such a young team is an amazing effort. That's Arsene Wengeresque if you ask me. The only teams who play 5 attackers and attacking fullbacks is Brazil and Barcelona and even they'd find it bloody hard to get away with in the Championship. Total football with a homegrown youth team in the Championship. To see such a team play so well under such circumstances, no centrebacks and a virtual youth team, is amazing. Ollie will have known he was out of a job if we got hammered. Huge credit to him.

If you took out our worst three or four games, this season has been a great success in almost every way imo when you take into account all the cr@p we've have to deal with. Too many positives for me to go into. So whether he's made a few odd decisions or not, i can't see how him and Les and Bircham and Hoos and Ramsey and everybody else connected have done anything other than an absolutely superb job. The club is better in almost every way than several years ago.

If he loses his job and it isn't his choice, it'll be an absolute travesty and totally because of social media.
[Post edited 1 May 2018 4:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024