Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo 11:30 - Jul 15 with 11129 viewsbosh67

I hear vague mumbles that he may be on his way? Anyone heard if he is staying or going? Huge loss if he goes.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Luongo on 11:44 - Jul 15 with 6655 viewsderbyhoop

ANyof our players are available - at the right price. Luongo's inclusion in the Aussie World Cup squad just increases the interest. Add that to his performances at the end of last season, it wouldn't be surprising if there was interest. But, he never played in the WC, he's still on holiday, so it's probably only agent generated speculation.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Luongo on 11:47 - Jul 15 with 6641 viewsEsox_Lucius

Vague mumbles? or something you thought up?

The grass is always greener.

Luongo on 12:13 - Jul 15 with 6565 viewssmegma

Luongo on 11:47 - Jul 15 by Esox_Lucius

Vague mumbles? or something you thought up?

Bloke down own the pub said.
Luongo on 12:30 - Jul 15 with 6500 viewshoopdog

I think it's time to cash out on him ! Just hope it's not a last minute job so the manager can't use the money
Luongo on 12:31 - Jul 15 with 6494 viewsDorse

If he goes there will trouble. Though this may increase by a factor of two, should he opt to stay.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Luongo on 22:18 - Jul 15 with 5976 viewsBoston

Luongo on 12:13 - Jul 15 by smegma

Bloke down own the pub said.

Could we have the name of the pub with at least two Rangers fans?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Luongo on 22:45 - Jul 15 with 5924 viewsrsonist

Have seen not one rumour - lazily-fabricated or plausible-sounding - regarding Luongo this summer. Maybe someone will come in for him but as it stands there's nothing untoward or ominous about his not being back for pre-season yet in my opinion.
Luongo on 22:46 - Jul 15 with 5921 viewsMancR

Not remotely bothered if he were to leave. Would be nice to get a few quid for him. Out of scowen, Freeman and luongo, the Aussie is a distant 3rd in my book.
Login to get fewer ads

Luongo on 23:02 - Jul 15 with 5864 viewskensalriser

Luongo on 22:46 - Jul 15 by MancR

Not remotely bothered if he were to leave. Would be nice to get a few quid for him. Out of scowen, Freeman and luongo, the Aussie is a distant 3rd in my book.

And yet last season Luongo scored more goals than either Freeman or Scowen. Granted, six goals isn't a lot but it's not a tally we can do without.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Luongo on 23:09 - Jul 15 with 5852 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

It's a bit odd that he was allowed to leave early for the world cup. So that he would be ready for the new season.

He barely features in the world cup but isn't ready for the new season. This is our POY...

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Luongo on 00:31 - Jul 16 with 5706 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I know football is about opinions and that, but I genuinely cannot understand the distaste for Luongo.

It’s like that stupid dress and Yanny/Laurel thing. I just can’t comprehend where the other side is coming from. More tackles than a nudist colony.

Great player for me, especially now he’s adding goals.

And don’t get me started on people who slag Freeman....
Luongo on 05:01 - Jul 16 with 5622 viewsPlanetHonneywood

As Derby said, ‘everyone is available’.

The real issues are: can we get some decent cash; and what will we do with what we get?

Who knows if he’s got s SOC? If AS didn’t have one, and seeing as he was maybe sold a few quid shy, then given our perilous financial position, we’ll do well to get top money in the absence of many buyers knocking on our door.

Our midfield is like the cast of ‘Zulu’, we probably need to lose some. We need at least one more ugly brute at the back and frankly, up the other end, not sure goals will come easy. This assumes we have targets and that SM is given funds.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Luongo on 10:39 - Jul 16 with 5303 viewsRblockPrior

Luongo on 22:46 - Jul 15 by MancR

I would say Luongo is our best midfielder by some distance

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Luongo on 11:01 - Jul 16 with 5238 viewsFDC

Amazed at how nonchalant some are at the prospect of losing another senior member of the team, and one who through which most of QPR's play came last season too.
Luongo on 11:48 - Jul 16 with 5114 viewsDavieQPR

The only mumbles are on QPR forums.
Luongo on 12:33 - Jul 16 with 4982 viewsBloomsburyR

Read stories about Villa considering him were they to to up. Now that is all academic, thankfully.

I like Luongo a lot and consider him to be an central part of our midfield. However, as it has been stated already, every QPR player is available if the price is high. Should Luongo leave, it would definitely be a massive loss, but hopefully Manning is able to step up, and new funds will be available for SM to add to the defence.
Luongo on 13:09 - Jul 16 with 4895 viewsQPR_John

Luongo on 12:33 - Jul 16 by BloomsburyR

Read stories about Villa considering him were they to to up. Now that is all academic, thankfully.

I like Luongo a lot and consider him to be an central part of our midfield. However, as it has been stated already, every QPR player is available if the price is high. Should Luongo leave, it would definitely be a massive loss, but hopefully Manning is able to step up, and new funds will be available for SM to add to the defence.

" every QPR player is available if the price is high."

Following our most recent sale I wonder if the price matters
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 13:12]
Luongo on 14:41 - Jul 16 with 4715 viewsBoston

Christ, they’ll be torching the ground for the insurance next.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Luongo on 15:57 - Jul 16 with 4536 viewsPinnerPaul

He IS 'on his way' back to training I believe.
Luongo on 16:08 - Jul 16 with 4501 viewskingo

Luongo on 15:57 - Jul 16 by PinnerPaul

He IS 'on his way' back to training I believe.

Yes back at Harlington according to the official, hopefully with his mate Trent in his kitbag.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Luongo on 17:00 - Jul 16 with 4375 viewsMyke

I have nothing against Luongo, decent mid-fielder who added a few much needed goals t his game last season. But of our regular midfield three of last season to me he is the most replaceable within the squad (Cousins/Manning) and therefore the best option of pulling in a few quid to strengthen in other areas.
I also think it strange that considering (A) he was given time off early at the end of last season, (B) that he didn't kick a ball competitively in the WC and (C) that we have a new manager that he hasn't even met yet, that he didn't forego the extra time he had off after Australia's exit and link up with the QPR squad sooner
Luongo on 17:48 - Jul 16 with 4267 viewssmegma

Luongo on 13:09 - Jul 16 by QPR_John

" every QPR player is available if the price is high."

Following our most recent sale I wonder if the price matters
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 13:12]

What does 'price is high' actually mean ??
Luongo on 18:58 - Jul 16 with 4144 viewsDorse

Luongo on 05:01 - Jul 16 by PlanetHonneywood

As Derby said, ‘everyone is available’.

The real issues are: can we get some decent cash; and what will we do with what we get?

Who knows if he’s got s SOC? If AS didn’t have one, and seeing as he was maybe sold a few quid shy, then given our perilous financial position, we’ll do well to get top money in the absence of many buyers knocking on our door.

Our midfield is like the cast of ‘Zulu’, we probably need to lose some. We need at least one more ugly brute at the back and frankly, up the other end, not sure goals will come easy. This assumes we have targets and that SM is given funds.

Like the cast of Zulu? I can see the stiff-upper-lippedness but I am less sure about the mutton chop sideburns, leopard skin loin cloths or singing Men Of Harlech under pressure.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Luongo on 19:06 - Jul 16 with 4117 viewsTacticalR

Luongo on 18:58 - Jul 16 by Dorse

Like the cast of Zulu? I can see the stiff-upper-lippedness but I am less sure about the mutton chop sideburns, leopard skin loin cloths or singing Men Of Harlech under pressure.

I found it a strange analogy. Unless PlanetHonneywood means we're going to get mown down as soon as we go into battle?

Air hostess clique

Luongo on 04:00 - Jul 17 with 3853 viewsDylanP

Luongo was at training today. That may be a more reliable indicator than some bloke down the pub.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 4:01]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024