Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MUST WIN 17:25 - Aug 18 with 6164 viewsLblock

I can here the derision but here we are again...

The next two games simply are must win.
I don’t doubt we’ll kick start Brizzle City’s season but we really need to be winning that. Wigan always was a must win game, now it’s even more important
This could be the season that has it all.... record low points and further points docked due to Administration and the scene could be set by next two home games.

Failure to win and we’re cut adrift already, whose going to join on loan if not for money only? How would we get out of the rut?

So come on you Cup half fullers and you Bungle apologists - sugar the turd!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

MUST WIN on 17:33 - Aug 18 with 4514 viewsJAPRANGERS

I don't think many of us will disagree with this.
MUST WIN on 17:35 - Aug 18 with 4501 viewsBoston

MUST WIN on 17:33 - Aug 18 by JAPRANGERS

I don't think many of us will disagree with this.

Oh, you'd be surprised.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

MUST WIN on 17:36 - Aug 18 with 4484 viewsdistortR

yeah but.................no but.................can't argue that we need points from our next two games.

McClaren is going to have to be a lot more pragmatic in the style of play we adopt.

Someone asked why Washington came on - because the only experienced options are Smith and Sylla.
MUST WIN on 17:40 - Aug 18 with 4441 viewsPinnerPaul

We need to win one of them I agree.

'Administration' - where did that come from?!
MUST WIN on 17:40 - Aug 18 with 4438 viewsDesertBoot

I totally agree. If we don't win both, at the very least a positive response on Tuesday night - it's actually a good thing we have a home within a few days to seek such a reaction.

Wish I could be like David Watts

MUST WIN on 17:51 - Aug 18 with 4377 viewskropotkin41

I think stopping the rot at this stage probably is crucial. It may be easier said than done though.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

MUST WIN on 18:04 - Aug 18 with 4302 viewsAntti_Heinola

MUST WIN on 17:35 - Aug 18 by Boston

Oh, you'd be surprised.

well if we took 4 points from the next two, i wouldn't be slashing my wrists. But wins are important, obviously.

Bare bones.

MUST WIN on 18:18 - Aug 18 with 4245 viewspaulparker

Lblock my old chum we won’t even get to 40 points , Wigan are no mugs this year I was laughed at by Clive about how Wigan had done better business and how they are even a better side than us
They have a manager like we used to have who scrapped for every point , we now have a manager who at 3-1 down still wants to play from the back like it’s a per season friendly
We are a club who gets rid of a midfielder to a relegation rival who battled scraps and actually creates to keep cousins who is the total opposite
We have a fan base who won’t say a bad word about Teflon Tony a fan base who some say is our best chairmen ever , and we are club who is crawling towards the transfer loan window pinning their hopes on Chris Martin possibly joining to hold the ball up
It’s a mess mate

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

MUST WIN on 19:08 - Aug 18 with 4148 viewsLblock

I hear ya PP

I’m more concerned than ever (which is usually always). I find myself sinking into the malaise, first week in August I thought it was post World Cup-itis, now I think it’s flatline football

I’m looking forward to Tuesday but only due to the fact I can leave work early and have a few scoops with a couple of the lads. The next must win him game I may even swerve if a trip to the coast or countryside is on

Shameful and the fault of one man ostensibly

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

MUST WIN on 22:07 - Aug 18 with 4018 viewsBluce_Ree

I was going to go to Wigan away but now I think I might do literally anything else that day.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

MUST WIN on 22:17 - Aug 18 with 3995 viewsBushRanger82

Thing is, every single game a club plays, has to be viewed as a 'must win.'

A club must try to win each and every competitive game it plays.

Otherwise, what's the point?

For me, the first game of the season, is every bit as much of a 'must win,' as is the last game, and every game between.
MUST WIN on 23:02 - Aug 18 with 3915 viewskropotkin41

MUST WIN on 22:07 - Aug 18 by Bluce_Ree

I was going to go to Wigan away but now I think I might do literally anything else that day.

'Fraid to say that I'm not so sure I want to get down to Swansea next month either........in the first place I absolutely f*cking hate it when Rs fans sing God Save the Queen because they're in Wales......... in the second place, I reckon Swansea may well destroy us unless things change dramatically between now and then.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

MUST WIN on 23:22 - Aug 18 with 3859 viewsnumptydumpty

MUST WIN on 23:02 - Aug 18 by kropotkin41

'Fraid to say that I'm not so sure I want to get down to Swansea next month either........in the first place I absolutely f*cking hate it when Rs fans sing God Save the Queen because they're in Wales......... in the second place, I reckon Swansea may well destroy us unless things change dramatically between now and then.

We will be ok. Only lost first three games. Holloway s tactic is coming into fruition again - we lost six in a row with the maestro in charge twice - its all part of a cunning plan so said this intelligent sod called baldrick !!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

MUST WIN on 00:17 - Aug 19 with 3764 viewsDannyPaddox

MUST WIN on 23:02 - Aug 18 by kropotkin41

Cmon mate I know it's been a bad weekend but don't knock 'God Save The Queen'. Apart from the bit about God and the other bit about the Queen it's a great fcuking song.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 0:19]
MUST WIN on 00:56 - Aug 19 with 3719 viewskensalriser

MUST WIN on 00:17 - Aug 19 by DannyPaddox

Cmon mate I know it's been a bad weekend but don't knock 'God Save The Queen'. Apart from the bit about God and the other bit about the Queen it's a great fcuking song.

The saving bit is definitely most pertinent to QPR.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

MUST WIN on 01:41 - Aug 19 with 3690 viewstraininvain

Must win games in August! Didn’t crystal palace fail to notch a win until October last season and they still managed to comfortably stay up?

It’s been a very poor start to the season but try not to get too hysterical.
MUST WIN on 20:12 - Aug 19 with 3379 viewsYorkRanger

The concept of must win games in August is a nonsense of course, however it is difficult to believe that 5 league games without a win would not see something significant happen at the club.
MUST WIN on 20:27 - Aug 19 with 3346 viewsdaveB

would probably go along that this is as close to a must win game as you are going to get in August, certainly can't afford to lose again
MUST WIN on 21:33 - Aug 19 with 3298 viewsPeterHucker

MUST WIN on 00:17 - Aug 19 by DannyPaddox

the “no future” bit’s good too
MUST WIN on 21:56 - Aug 19 with 3263 viewsBoston

Angler by any chance Bluce. Go up early, few casts on the canal, down near the pier, plenty of perch for a pre game fish fry. After the game you'll find there's also plenty to carp about.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

MUST WIN on 22:19 - Aug 19 with 3227 viewsDejR_vu

MUST WIN on 21:56 - Aug 19 by Boston

Angler by any chance Bluce. Go up early, few casts on the canal, down near the pier, plenty of perch for a pre game fish fry. After the game you'll find there's also plenty to carp about.

The reaction on Tuesday will be telling.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

MUST WIN on 08:36 - Aug 20 with 3113 viewsCroydonCaptJack

We need to win one of them or we are near the bottom all season if we are not careful.
MUST WIN on 08:43 - Aug 20 with 3101 viewsessextaxiboy

MUST WIN on 22:19 - Aug 19 by DejR_vu

The reaction on Tuesday will be telling.

I agree , regardless of the result ,the performance and effort level will show that he has the players with him and we have a chance of improving .
If they are not bothered then mad as it seems he may as well quit . We cant make wholesale changes to the squad so its only going one way ....
MUST WIN on 09:52 - Aug 20 with 3026 viewsDannyPaddox

I'll walk the pier. Eat beef for tea
But please please please don't send me to the JJB

[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 10:13]
MUST WIN on 10:29 - Aug 20 with 2977 viewsDorse

I can't believe we're already at the 'must win' stage already but I agree. Getting something, anything, from the next couple of game is absolutely essential for the club.

The feedback and critique of the team's performance seems to boil down to: simplify the tactics, support the defence when out of possession and select players in their best* position.

Everyone knows I favour 352 (I have banged-on about it for about 25 years) but I don't believe have the personnel to make that work at the moment. Furthermore, we get more out of Bidwell playing as an orthodox LB, so I am not advocating a formation change. But, is it so hard to just play wide men on the wings? Come on, we have Wszolek polishing the bench to a high sheen as his buttocks clench with impotent rage whilst we play Freeman or Eze (free and easy? Sorry, just noticed that one) in a role that limits their impact and prevents them from being in the middle to receive the ball. This is not a 'Sandro of 2018 Flavour Of The Month' rant - McLaren gave Wszolek a good write up after Peterborough so he obviously likes the cut of his jib. Playing Wszolek is not the universal panacea that will instantly turn us into promotion-chasing monsters but it is a pretty good example of not playing the right player in the right role.

The Wurzels aren't exactly Barcelona but if we continue to repeat our mistakes they'll certainly look like them.

* Relative term - when applied to Lynch, this may actually mean 'seated'.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 10:32]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024