Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair 21:19 - Jun 22 with 8340 viewsGloucs_R

What's everyone's thoughts on him?

Is he the natural replacement for Eze?

Plenty of talent, just not sure what his ideal position is but I don't think it's on the wing.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Chair on 21:26 - Jun 22 with 4910 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He needs to impose himself more but I like him.

Stevenage fans say he is the best player that’s ever put their shirt on.
Chair on 21:28 - Jun 22 with 4901 viewsGloucs_R

Chair on 21:26 - Jun 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

The accolade can't get higher than that then 😆

Chair on 21:29 - Jun 22 with 4898 viewsEsox_Lucius

IMO he isn't the same sort of player as Eze, he more like Luke Freeman. We don't really have a replacement for Eze as a like for like.

The grass is always greener.

Chair on 21:36 - Jun 22 with 4878 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chair on 21:29 - Jun 22 by Esox_Lucius

IMO he isn't the same sort of player as Eze, he more like Luke Freeman. We don't really have a replacement for Eze as a like for like.

I agree. His game is more about close control. He's certainly a central player and while he doesn;t have Eze's rangy pace or dribbling skills I think he finds space very well as his reading and movement are excellent. I think he;s an attacking 8 or a roaming 10.

I really like him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chair on 21:38 - Jun 22 with 4870 viewsDWQPR

Chair’s best game this season was the cup game against Swansea when he was unplayable. Eze was rested that game. A different type of player but possibly he will be even better once Eze moves on.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Chair on 21:47 - Jun 22 with 4820 viewsDannytheR

The thing that's easy to miss with Chair looking about 9 is that he's actually a tough little bugger - low centre of gravity, harder than he looks, and because of that you could see him playing central midfield alongside a proper enforcer type. He went right into the centre at a couple of points on Saturday, and they were probably his best moments. (Not saying much I know on a day he and everyone else was so out of sorts.)

Lovely player. I see him as a Scholes type, and with a bit more fine tuning and a full season in the Championship, he's going to be very, very good.

I'm not sure we would even try to replace Eze in any kind of like-for-like way. He's got such a unique game, it would be pointless.
Chair on 22:12 - Jun 22 with 4763 viewsEsox_Lucius

Chair on 21:47 - Jun 22 by DannytheR

The thing that's easy to miss with Chair looking about 9 is that he's actually a tough little bugger - low centre of gravity, harder than he looks, and because of that you could see him playing central midfield alongside a proper enforcer type. He went right into the centre at a couple of points on Saturday, and they were probably his best moments. (Not saying much I know on a day he and everyone else was so out of sorts.)

Lovely player. I see him as a Scholes type, and with a bit more fine tuning and a full season in the Championship, he's going to be very, very good.

I'm not sure we would even try to replace Eze in any kind of like-for-like way. He's got such a unique game, it would be pointless.

Yep, you could hardly imagine Ilias having the same nickname of "Silky" LOL

The grass is always greener.

Chair on 22:15 - Jun 22 with 4752 viewsLazyFan

People said he did not play well against Barnsley. I saw it differently. In the first half, he was really trying, the comparison to Amos was stark. He was not helped by Hugill who did not really do any runs and struggled to hold the ball up or pressure their defence.

Ball did not really link in with him and Amos was invisible so, Chair was on his own for most of the game really. 2nd half he faded a bit which I assume is due to lack of match fitness.

What I did see was a potential talent that while not a game-changer like Freeman or BOS or anywhere near Eze, he will be a decent player at this level. This is where he is now. That could change and he could get better as his game develops. I noticed that he did smarter passes more frequently than before. So, he is still developing his game.

I expect him to be a first-teamer from here to the end of year and sign a new contract under the 3+1 deals that Hoos likes. He's not amazing, but he is very good.

What this game did tell us, is not to sign Amos. As he's not consistent enough and Spuds would want millions for him. And he would want big monies. I suspect that is what Cameron renewal is about. So, we can have another year looking again at centre-mid.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Chair on 22:25 - Jun 22 with 4719 viewsHastings_Hoops

Chair on 22:15 - Jun 22 by LazyFan

People said he did not play well against Barnsley. I saw it differently. In the first half, he was really trying, the comparison to Amos was stark. He was not helped by Hugill who did not really do any runs and struggled to hold the ball up or pressure their defence.

Ball did not really link in with him and Amos was invisible so, Chair was on his own for most of the game really. 2nd half he faded a bit which I assume is due to lack of match fitness.

What I did see was a potential talent that while not a game-changer like Freeman or BOS or anywhere near Eze, he will be a decent player at this level. This is where he is now. That could change and he could get better as his game develops. I noticed that he did smarter passes more frequently than before. So, he is still developing his game.

I expect him to be a first-teamer from here to the end of year and sign a new contract under the 3+1 deals that Hoos likes. He's not amazing, but he is very good.

What this game did tell us, is not to sign Amos. As he's not consistent enough and Spuds would want millions for him. And he would want big monies. I suspect that is what Cameron renewal is about. So, we can have another year looking again at centre-mid.

The theory should go, that we sell Eze and BOS for a combined total of £30m and Chair and Shodipo step in and we have a big lump of that £30m to spend on improving the squad and paying wages and the strengthened squad and space in the team improves Chair and Shodipo... then Covid struck.

Not sure where that leaves us now in terms of shifting Eze and BOS for their real value.

Typical Rangers.
Chair on 22:35 - Jun 22 with 4693 viewskensalriser

Chair on 22:15 - Jun 22 by LazyFan

On what basis would Spurs justify that kind of fee for Amos? From what we've seen he looks like a squad player at our level.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chair on 22:47 - Jun 22 with 4652 viewsNorthantsHoop

Superb talent, progressing well. I am expecting him to take over from Eze when he goes. Probably needs to be allowed freedom in a forward midfield position, the sort of role that Eze excels in.
Chair on 18:59 - Jun 23 with 4273 viewsnumptydumpty

I not quite sure I agree with everyone else on this thread

Firstly with Chair I have been overall so far quite disappointed - he seems to have a habit of going missing in games as far as I have seen - I was hoping - albeit very optimistically that he could perform at the level that BOS and Eze have produced - but obviously very tough targets

He has been ok with the occasional good game but for me so far I am still to be totally convinced.

Next season for Chair will be massive. He has to produce and there will be much more onus on him to be the man with others likely not to be around so will be interesting

Me myself also am baffled by the kind of feeling that Amos seems to be the one everyone wants to criticise right now

For me he is at Chairs level right now and like Chair I am hopeful he can step up a few notches - I believe he has it in him myself also and if Spurs were to sell him or loan him up for another year for me absolutely would be interested in him.

They both not big guys so they both have to find their place in the team set up and I am hopeful for both if not expectant ...

Time will tell

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Chair on 19:56 - Jun 23 with 4174 viewsBoston

Chair was my favourite player until BOS went on the rampage. I too think he’s like Freeman, therefore no, he’ll never replace Eze.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Chair on 20:42 - Jun 23 with 4098 viewsMedwayR

Eze isn't the type of player you can replace. I think Chair has his own qualities and he could be a key player for us but I also think he's at least a year behind Eze in his development so I was always expecting more from Chair next season rather than this.

With Smyth to return I'd be happy with 3 from BOS, Chair, Manning, Smyth, Shodipo playing behind a CF next season with Bansal-McNulty on loan with a view to him stepping up the season after when we inevitably sell BOS. I'm basing all this on BOS and Manning signing new contracts, fingers crossed...

Poll: Who’s better?

Chair on 23:16 - Jun 23 with 4008 viewsAntti_Heinola

You can never really 'replace' any important player - you get a new one and adapt. A year ago, we were rightly worried about losing Freeman, who was by millions of miles our most important player last season, but we evolved, changed the way we played and after a couple of games no one mentioned Freeman again.
Warbs already sees Chair as a very different player to Eze, and clearly prefers him to Eze in a central role, sometimes as a second striker.
Think there's loads more to come from him.

Bare bones.

Chair on 09:27 - Jun 24 with 3902 viewsWestbourneR

Chair on 21:36 - Jun 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree. His game is more about close control. He's certainly a central player and while he doesn;t have Eze's rangy pace or dribbling skills I think he finds space very well as his reading and movement are excellent. I think he;s an attacking 8 or a roaming 10.

I really like him.

Needs to get his head up and release the ball quicker.

I actually prefer him central and a bit further back, like Freeman started to play for us. He's not a 'flair' player - his work-rate and bite are a big part of his game.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Chair on 13:26 - Jun 24 with 3781 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Off topic slightly but doesn't Eze have a younger brother in the youth set up? Anyone know how he's doing?
Chair on 14:10 - Jun 24 with 3730 viewsrobith

I see Chair as a forward, kinda false 9 kinda player due to close control and low center of gravity. I think we'd need a bit of a different central midfield to what we have currently as I think he'd thrive at the tip of a 433.

What's nice is I'd put him about a year behind Eze so if we do sell, he'll have ticked along nicely to step up. What I like about him is that he thrives when given more responsibility, he's a hungry player who wants the ball
Chair on 18:23 - Jun 24 with 3668 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair on 09:27 - Jun 24 by WestbourneR

Needs to get his head up and release the ball quicker.

I actually prefer him central and a bit further back, like Freeman started to play for us. He's not a 'flair' player - his work-rate and bite are a big part of his game.

I would agree about getting his head up, as this causes him to take too many touches and slow the attack down - coming back to Warburton's comment that we are a good side when we move the ball quickly - so work for the coaching team here

Unfair to compare to Eze as even when he had an average game according to some against Barnsley, I can stil recall 3 or 4 potential game changing moments wheras Chair provided no attacking threat.

Do like his work rate and he is fortunate to benefit from Washington type support from many of our fans who think the reason the end product is not what we are expecting is down to others or the team formation, I hope he comes good, maybe playing alongside Ball as a Quarterback type could be where he fits in the team next year as does press well and has bite in the tackle.
Chair on 18:33 - Jun 24 with 3652 viewswgchoop

Chair on 21:26 - Jun 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

as a local i dont know who u have been speaking to but id say they would say Barry Hayles or George Boyd and steve morrison were better.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 18:36]
Chair on 20:52 - Jul 19 with 3375 viewsGloucs_R

Was he on the right wing yesterday?

A replacement for BOS rather than Eze?

Chair on 21:04 - Jul 19 with 3333 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Chair on 18:33 - Jun 24 by wgchoop

as a local i dont know who u have been speaking to but id say they would say Barry Hayles or George Boyd and steve morrison were better.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 18:36]

This

https://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/borochat/article/490418

Or this

https://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-fc/ilias-chair-the-best-stevenage-player-ever
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 21:39]
Chair on 08:21 - Aug 31 with 2988 viewsGloucs_R

Hope he gets the number 10 and plays in the middle rather than on the left.

Chair on 08:34 - Aug 31 with 2936 viewsHooparoo

Chair on 21:47 - Jun 22 by DannytheR

The Scholes comparison is a good one. I like that Chair has a rocket shot in both feet. If he builds his confidence he’ll be a real handful. Seems to have the right attitude too.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Chair on 10:25 - Aug 31 with 2631 viewsbosh67

Chair on 21:36 - Jun 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I really like him.

Interesting that you say number 8 Brian because every so often his movement on the ball reminds me of Francis. No saying he is in the same league, literally at the moment, but he does seem to have that touch and ability to run at defences. He's particularly effective for me down the middle in the final third of the pitch. He seems to make a lot of space outside the area and be able to set things in motion or take them on himself.

Talent wise he's got bags of it. He rarely loses the ball or possession and his lack of height is compensated with plenty of strength and that low centre of gravity. It could be that he could be a 10 in behind the likes of Dykes or an 8 bringing the ball in the last third forward.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024