Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread 09:59 - Jun 27 with 19194 viewsdavman

Someone's gotta do it...

It's football, Jim, but not as we know it...

Was hopeful we'd be just 4 points off the playoffs on the back on a sound performance last week, but no, we are still QPR. Barnsley not won at HQ for 50 years, come on down. Tomer Hemed, rubbish all year, no goals, come on down.

An inevitable L if we roll up like last week; let's hope we don't. Either way, suspect it will be dull like watching an u23 stream in the background whilst working from home.

1-1 we score first, good ol BOS.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:34 - Jun 27 with 2237 viewswelwynranger

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 12:50 - Jun 27 by Watford_Ranger

Has there ever been a more predictable goal conceded? Mediocre corner headed nowhere the corner by 78-year-old Pratley.

QPR defenders practicing social Distancing. It's the rules
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:35 - Jun 27 with 2220 viewsactonman

Coming up against brick walls everywhere on the pitch . Charlton look like a team with a plan and we look like we are having a kick about in the park.
We should be peppering their goal but can’t get past the final 3rd.

Hugill offering nothing and bos unable to get past 2 markers pretty much leaves us flagging about in midfield until someone looses the ball

2 nd half attackibg towards our fans !!
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:35 - Jun 27 with 2219 viewsGloucs_R

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:29 - Jun 27 by qprxtc

F uck off.

???

As in, we've got not grit and nastiness about us. Nobody getting stuck in, other than Ball.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:36 - Jun 27 with 2205 viewsjtuck

And kick-off time here in California was 4:30 am, so hard to sympathize with my East Coast fellow fans. 5:30 for our super-fan professor in San Antonio.

LAranger

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:36 - Jun 27 with 2184 viewsManinBlack

This all reminds me of a few seasons ago when we thought we were safe with 8 matches to go. We wound up losing six of those games and needed to beat Forest in our last home game to ensure safety.

On the evidence of last Saturday and this first half, Middlesbrough, Wigan and Luton will be pencilling in three certain home points against us.

I had hoped lessons learnt but it seems not. Despite a different manager and players this time round, this club still displays a losing and complacent mentality.
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:37 - Jun 27 with 2162 viewsA40Bosh

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:02 - Jun 27 by Gloucs_R

I really don't get it either

It’s simple really. If we were playing in yesterday’s heat we would have said thank God for it.
You can’t expect the ref to be a weatherman each morning and make a call before the match, people would start bitching about inconsistencies around the country.

A decision was made as the season has extended into the summer. Some games like today it is just extra time for MB to sort this damp squib of a team out before and after half time.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 13:38]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:38 - Jun 27 with 2134 viewsqprd

First half thoughts:

We played well for the first 15 minutes. Direct balls over the top, moved the ball into Charlton's defensive third. Pressed with some tempo. Gave up a soft soft goal on a corner and then it all went to crap:

Player ratings:

-Chair: one of a few standout players in the first half. Collecting the ball deep, making runs behind, linking up. Basically has touches all over the park. Doing dirty work too, chasing lost causes.
-Cameron and Ball have done well. Lovely sequence from Ball where he collected the ball with a Charlton player draping him, kept the ball past another Charlton player and then slid a through ball to Rangel down the flank
-Eze: getting on ball more, playing alright. Shooting is way off the mark

BOS had an unfortuante half. Seems reluctant to take on their leftback- I believe the same one he destroyed as a sub in December. Collecting the ball too deep, too keen to cut inside rather than run at the defender... Needs to play better

Barbet has given the ball away about 5 times. Even some of his completed passes have been sh*te, including one where he sold Eze short at the half way line

Hugill has been completely and utterly useless yet again. That is now 135 minutes of some of the most feckless forward play I have seen in a long long time (including the conor washington years). He is offering absolutely nothing, other than closing down a few lost causes. We need a striker who can actually hold up the ball and get others involved.

I'm not really sure what MW does to open up this game... we could try to take off ball or cameron, but theyve both done well... I dont think Hugill deserves to stay on the pitch... either bring on oteh, and see if he can do something... or take off hugill and play eze or chair as a false 9... were basically playing without a striker at the moment, so i wouldnt mind something unconventional
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:42 - Jun 27 with 2021 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hugill shoots but straight at the keeper. Nice work by Chair led to a Rangel cross for that one.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:42 - Jun 27 with 2014 viewsjtuck

Should have scored. Hughill. Great ball by Tangel.

LAranger

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:42 - Jun 27 with 2012 viewsconnell10

fu cking useless hugill

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:43 - Jun 27 with 2007 viewsGloucs_R

Oh for a striker...

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:43 - Jun 27 with 1986 viewsqprxtc

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:35 - Jun 27 by Gloucs_R

???

As in, we've got not grit and nastiness about us. Nobody getting stuck in, other than Ball.

Should have put a smiley face on that to say it was a stupid joke and not serious. Apple O’gees.
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:44 - Jun 27 with 1949 viewsMoonshineSteve

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:43 - Jun 27 by qprxtc

Should have put a smiley face on that to say it was a stupid joke and not serious. Apple O’gees.

I got that and thought it was funny.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:45 - Jun 27 with 1928 viewsqprxtc

Hugill finds the keepers chest with pin point accuracy from two yards out.
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:45 - Jun 27 with 1923 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Much better now. Lovely play by Chair and Eze there to free Manning and his low cross is dangerous but gathered by the keeper.

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:46 - Jun 27 with 1896 viewsjtuck

First 3 mins of half..more attacking intent than entire 1st half.

LAranger

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:46 - Jun 27 with 1894 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:35 - Jun 27 by Gloucs_R

???

I agree, we could do with some teeth up front.
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:46 - Jun 27 with 1891 viewsGloucs_R

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:43 - Jun 27 by qprxtc

That got my back up, got to admit it 😂😂😂

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:52 - Jun 27 with 1700 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manning cuts in and shoots with his right. Pulled wide at the near post.

We're much, much better this half.

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:52 - Jun 27 with 1695 viewsqprd

Please watch hugills movement (or lack thereofh) in the box when we’re in charltons final third.... tells you all you need to know....
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:53 - Jun 27 with 1646 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oshilaja is a great name.

Like a drunken Uncle ordering cocktails at a wedding.

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:54 - Jun 27 with 1622 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cameron playing like your mate’s dad who agreed to fill in last minute for your five-a-side team after not playing for ten years.
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:55 - Jun 27 with 1613 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charlton score through Bonne but offside.

Masterson not right, I don't think.

Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:56 - Jun 27 with 1561 viewsqprd

Oh my lord are you freaking joking?????????

Chair was our best player. Why is hugill still on the pitch????????
Chorlton and the Wheelies - Match Thread on 13:57 - Jun 27 with 1531 viewsStanisgod

Do we know that you are supposed to actually mark the forwards.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024