Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) 15:51 - Jul 2 with 7859 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Any sport but football
Moments that will always stick with you.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 09:29 - Jul 6 with 1724 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 22:12 - Jul 5 by Newhopphoops

Just to set the earth back on its rightful axis, this was my first trip to Baltimore, what a mad game it was... Oh man oh man oh Manny!

What a game! Lucky you.

10 home runs?

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 09:33 - Jul 6 with 1720 viewsHantsR

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 03:55 - Jul 6 by B_Wad

Billy Mills, the "Running Brave". From an orphan on the Rez to the Olympic podium. One of the biggest upsets in distance running.

Yes, what an upset. Ron Clarke was clear favourite, holding loads of world records but Billy Mills came from nowhere to sprint past him in the final straight.
Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 09:41 - Jul 6 with 1708 viewsrobith

Throws a badman 9 darter, doesn't even celebrate
Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 09:51 - Jul 6 with 1700 viewsNewhopphoops

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 09:29 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

What a game! Lucky you.

10 home runs?

Yes, including by Pujols and Trout, and a walk-off grand slam :) Apparently there have been about 180 of them since 1950, which makes about one in every thousand games.

We got to Bmore on a Friday with tickets for the Saturday game. But then I got massive Not Being At The Game fear and my then-other-half went along with it.

We were about here:
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 9:54]
Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 10:22 - Jul 6 with 1684 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 09:51 - Jul 6 by Newhopphoops

Yes, including by Pujols and Trout, and a walk-off grand slam :) Apparently there have been about 180 of them since 1950, which makes about one in every thousand games.

We got to Bmore on a Friday with tickets for the Saturday game. But then I got massive Not Being At The Game fear and my then-other-half went along with it.

We were about here:
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 9:54]

Great seats, too. Trout and Pujols... how good is that! Not a fan of Manny as he finished Pedroia's career, but a good player all the same.

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 13:50 - Jul 6 with 1663 viewsTheChef

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 15:51 - Jul 5 by FredManRave

Great story;

Brilliant final that was - I remember having a two hour lunch break in the pub that day, there was no way you could go back to the office till the end!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 16:52 - Jul 6 with 1615 viewsPhildo

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 13:50 - Jul 6 by TheChef

Brilliant final that was - I remember having a two hour lunch break in the pub that day, there was no way you could go back to the office till the end!

I was at this too.

Can confirm Cardiff is a great town to get battered in after a GS win:

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 21:16 - Jul 7 with 1520 viewsNewhopphoops

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 10:22 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Great seats, too. Trout and Pujols... how good is that! Not a fan of Manny as he finished Pedroia's career, but a good player all the same.

He's a bit chippy isn't he? Great athlete though.
Login to get fewer ads

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 21:21 - Jul 7 with 1515 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 21:16 - Jul 7 by Newhopphoops

He's a bit chippy isn't he? Great athlete though.

Ya, great hitter in particular.

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 21:40 - Jul 7 with 1507 viewsflynnbo

Sorry, hadn't noticed it had been posted earlier.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 21:40]
Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 19:06 - Jul 18 with 1418 viewshantssi

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 10:36 - Jul 5 by hantssi

This has been described as the “4 minute mile” moment of rock climbing.

Documentary about this on now, National Geographic.
It’s gripping even though you know he makes it!
Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 19:14 - Jul 18 with 1405 viewsLeedsR

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 21:18 - Jul 5 by MrSheen

Battle for fourth place.

I can't speak.

Love this RL commentary clip!! I can’t quite work out what he says when Cas score, but I love the brutal honesty on the foul!!
Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 14:11 - Aug 14 with 1295 viewsR_from_afar

You need 12 to win in your super over...and you manage 0. Zero. Nada. Nought. Zip.

Oh, and you only actually manage to lay the bat on one delivery, and that one resulted in a wicket

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 16:52 - Aug 14 with 1244 viewslarsricchi

Went through the mental rolodex of amazing, inspiring moments in sport, and then found this card jammed in there...

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 18:58 - Aug 14 with 1215 viewsrls___

I don't think this would've been seen much outside of the states, but it's a must see moment. This is the university I went to (Michigan State, in white) winning in a last second miracle against our biggest rivals. With just 10 seconds left, all Michigan had to do was successfully get the punt away, which if you've seen American football, is pretty much a given and not difficult to do at all. We'll probably never see something like this again

[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 19:00]
Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 20:06 - Aug 14 with 1169 viewsSuperhoops2808

Having followed this young lady for many years I cannot deny that it did bring a tear to my eye when she did this... A great ambassador for sport but I know there are many who dont hold her in such high regard
Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 20:52 - Aug 14 with 1151 viewshantssi

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 20:06 - Aug 14 by Superhoops2808

Having followed this young lady for many years I cannot deny that it did bring a tear to my eye when she did this... A great ambassador for sport but I know there are many who dont hold her in such high regard

Why, not even heard a whisper?
Unless you’re referring to Ched Evans?
Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 08:23 - Aug 17 with 1096 viewsrrrspricey

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 20:06 - Aug 14 by Superhoops2808

As soon as I saw this thread I thought about you and your darling Jess Brian
Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 09:21 - Aug 17 with 1073 viewsjoe90

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 21:18 - Jul 5 by MrSheen

Battle for fourth place.

I can't speak.

The Rugby commentary is comedy gold!
Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 11:06 - Aug 17 with 1055 viewsrrrspricey

Remember this like it was yesterday. I was at Wembley to see Scott Gibbs deny England both the Championship and the Grand Slam

[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 11:08]
Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 15:31 - Aug 19 with 965 viewsR_from_afar

I am cheating here because, as far as I know, there is no video footage of this, but as a teenager, I remember reading about what is probably still the greatest wicket-taking blast of all time, by off spinner Pat Pocock. I rummaged around in the more cobweb-infested regions of the internet and unearthed a short article with scorecard and some additional insight.

Mr Pocock snapped up 7 wickets in 11 balls - yes, balls, deliveries if you want to be posh - including 4 in 4 and 5 in 6! Man alive, that is going some! Oh, and what I only found out upon reading the article is that a world record 5 - yes, five - wickets fell in the last over. Being a county championship game, the eight spectators present were probably more interested in their knitting or the Times crossword, but even so, what a climax to the game.

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1970S/1972/ENG_LOCAL/CC/SUSSEX_SURREY_

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 20:35 - Aug 19 with 920 viewsClive_Anderson

The 1972 mens olympic basketball final where the Soviets beat the US in the very last second, after the Yanks thought they'd already won it:

Great Sporting Clips (Non-Football) on 02:25 - Aug 20 with 875 viewstimcocking

I'm assuming this is already here?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024