Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright 14:08 - Jul 17 with 36283 viewsNorthernr

Heard earlier today that he's not in squad tomorrow after a bid was accepted.
Was a bit sceptical but now Belgian journo says Club Bruges have agreed a £5m fee.

Bright on 18:35 - Jul 17 with 2313 viewsAntti_Heinola

Exciting move for Bright, if it happens. A brave one too to go abroad and not a lot of English players go to Belgium. Says a lot for him.

Liked him immediately. Felt he didn't get enough time under Ollie, and especially not under McClaren. £5m may be a bit less than I hoped for, but Warbs really has got something special out of him. No one would've offered more than a million only 12 months ago.

There are other factors too. Is anyone else in for him? Also, do we want to give Warbs a chance to make his signings early? People scoffed at £5m for Freeman last year, but he's barely played. People can say, 'I'd have only accepted £8m' as if they're playing Football Manager, but then what happes at Christmas when his contract is running down? Suddenly it's £2m or nothing.

Not one person on here last summer said, 'get Bright signed up to a long term deal, he's only got 2 years left.' Not one.

Bare bones.

Bright on 18:35 - Jul 17 with 2311 viewsbosh67

Bright on 18:19 - Jul 17 by ed_83

I know stats don't mean much but going purely on the numbers Manning's consistently amongst the best fullbacks in the Championship:

We should absolutely be aiming for a similar fee to Bright's in my opinion, and certainly higher than Furlong's. Again it all depends on how many people bid but I can't see him going for less than a couple of million.

Apparently West Ham are keen on Manning and stupid figure like £2.1m being thrown around via the Transfermarkt site I guess. I would hope for £4m+ for him although we did buy him from Galway for £61K plus a bag of chips. Would be good value for West Ham I guess.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bright on 18:40 - Jul 17 with 2278 viewsfrancisbowles

Bright on 18:19 - Jul 17 by ed_83

I know stats don't mean much but going purely on the numbers Manning's consistently amongst the best fullbacks in the Championship:

We should absolutely be aiming for a similar fee to Bright's in my opinion, and certainly higher than Furlong's. Again it all depends on how many people bid but I can't see him going for less than a couple of million.

Agree with Antti, defending is the issue and the bar seems very low if 2 key passes and 2 successful crosses in the best, for a full back, in the league! I think he is also a very negative player frequently going backwards and sideways.

He is a decent player when going forward with the ball in front of him.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 18:42]
Bright on 18:40 - Jul 17 with 2280 viewsdavman

Bright on 18:34 - Jul 17 by DavieQPR

We could have got £50 million for him and a certain couple of people would be slating 'Les' and 'Tony' because we didn't get £60 million. If you don't like it stick a few million of your own money in to keep the club afloat.

So 4 pages and no-one has pointed out that since lockdown, Lootown second half aside, he has been "phoning it in". Maybe, just maybe he wants to go. If so, cheerio, don't let the door slam you too hard on the arse on the way out...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bright on 18:44 - Jul 17 with 2258 viewsfrancisbowles

Bright on 18:40 - Jul 17 by davman

So 4 pages and no-one has pointed out that since lockdown, Lootown second half aside, he has been "phoning it in". Maybe, just maybe he wants to go. If so, cheerio, don't let the door slam you too hard on the arse on the way out...

We said it in a kinder way! Lol
Bright on 18:47 - Jul 17 with 2234 viewsQPRSteve

Could have at least held out for 5 million sterling surely?

I wonder how much of the fee the club will earmark for new players?
Bright on 18:48 - Jul 17 with 2230 viewsW12Mikey

Bright on 18:40 - Jul 17 by davman

I'm sure he does want to go, but also maybe Warburton has told him "whatever you do, don't get a serious injury and lose QPR a €5m fee just to help us finish 15th instead of 16th"
Bright on 19:07 - Jul 17 with 2138 viewsLowerloftLad

the same site that states manning is worth 2.5mill says bos is worth 1.5 mill so i would say there pricing is slighlty out

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Bright on 19:17 - Jul 17 with 2079 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bright on 18:35 - Jul 17 by bosh67

Apparently West Ham are keen on Manning and stupid figure like £2.1m being thrown around via the Transfermarkt site I guess. I would hope for £4m+ for him although we did buy him from Galway for £61K plus a bag of chips. Would be good value for West Ham I guess.

I know we all (still) go on about the Sinclair deal, but if West Ham wanted to buy Angel off us, in his current state, we'd probably still get about £3m. If they want Manning, then I'd expect more than a couple of mill. Any other club, 2mill is a good deal!

Bare bones.

Bright on 19:24 - Jul 17 with 2056 viewsQPROslo

4/5 .million for Bright is peanuts. PL Clubs regularly pay 20 for players who would barely see the studs on his boots as he flies off behind them. Hope we get and can stil take a fee double that. I'd prefer we kept him another season and let him go for nothing than this. He could get us promoted with a decent team around him.
Bright on 20:38 - Jul 17 with 1864 viewsMistication92

Good deal for us, great deal for the player, who gets to play 40-50 games including 6 in the CL, rather than 40-50 in the Championship and League Cup. If he does well teams around Europe will be looking at him and you'd hope for a 25% sell-on fee.

4m profit, rinse and repeat.
Bright on 20:52 - Jul 17 with 1796 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Bright on 19:24 - Jul 17 by QPROslo

4/5 .million for Bright is peanuts. PL Clubs regularly pay 20 for players who would barely see the studs on his boots as he flies off behind them. Hope we get and can stil take a fee double that. I'd prefer we kept him another season and let him go for nothing than this. He could get us promoted with a decent team around him.

But there lies the problem, right? We need money to make a decent team, and we don't have that money. Hence... selling BOS.
Bright on 21:09 - Jul 17 with 1703 viewsNed_Kennedys

Bright on 20:38 - Jul 17 by Mistication92

Good deal for us, great deal for the player, who gets to play 40-50 games including 6 in the CL, rather than 40-50 in the Championship and League Cup. If he does well teams around Europe will be looking at him and you'd hope for a 25% sell-on fee.

4m profit, rinse and repeat.

Not a good deal for us at all.
Apart from Eze, Bos is the only other saleable asset worth millions so why the rush to sell him for a low fee before the English transfer window has even opened? A number of potential buyers are still concentrating on what league they will be in next season so why not wait until the window opens and things are settled?
Anyone who thinks Shodipo will be as good as BOS is deluded, and those of us who have watched the U23s a number of times this season know there is really not a lot of potential first team talent waiting to push on (apart from maybe Bansal-McNulty who is a direct Chair replacement).
Yes I understand he needs to be sold but keep your powder dry, wait for the window to open and actively try to sell then when surely we can maximise our money.
Bright on 21:23 - Jul 17 with 1629 viewsed_83

Bright on 18:30 - Jul 17 by Antti_Heinola

None of those stats have much to do with defending!

Creating chances and getting assists is absolutely part of how most fullbacks play nowadays though? I'm not saying Manning's perfect, but his ability to get down the line and put crosses in is hugely relevant to his potential transfer value. We all know he's patchy defensively, but our entire defence has been leaky - wouldn't be surprised if a team with better coaching than we appear to have sees some potential to improve that side of his game.

I'm not saying we'll sell him for massive amounts of money, but even with Covid I'd still expect him to fetch more than Furlong did, that's all.
Bright on 21:24 - Jul 17 with 1627 viewsdanehoop

Bright on 21:09 - Jul 17 by Ned_Kennedys

Apart from Eze, Bos is the only other saleable asset worth millions so why the rush to sell him for a low fee before the English transfer window has even opened? A number of potential buyers are still concentrating on what league they will be in next season so why not wait until the window opens and things are settled?
Anyone who thinks Shodipo will be as good as BOS is deluded, and those of us who have watched the U23s a number of times this season know there is really not a lot of potential first team talent waiting to push on (apart from maybe Bansal-McNulty who is a direct Chair replacement).
Yes I understand he needs to be sold but keep your powder dry, wait for the window to open and actively try to sell then when surely we can maximise our money.

All valid points, except he will be in the last year of his contract next season with little real chance of an extension. Basically he and he is agent hold the cards in this negotiation. We can only sell him to those who actually bid real money. This club have come in several times for him and are keen to take him. No other club has yet made a bid that we know of, or shown interest. He clearly wants to leave, that he hasn't agreed terms yet is interesting. It maybe exactly as you say that his agent is waiting for the window to open. We have accepted the fee as it clearly it matches our own, or is close enough to make it worthwhile. We probably also need the funds to cover any potential outlay for next year.

Basically in Hoos and Sir Les we trust. It seems to be working well enough.

Never knowingly understood

Bright on 21:36 - Jul 17 with 1578 viewskensalriser

Look at it another way.

If we didn't have him, would we be happy paying €5m to sign him on a one year contract?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bright on 21:41 - Jul 17 with 1556 viewsWelsh_Ranger

I would say very few of us know what actually go on during a transfer apart from from football manager and what we MAY think a player is worth. I think the important thing is that we are getting a decent figure and selling another player rather than watching them walk away for free. Every sale adds to the balance sheets and also aids our attractiveness as a breeding ground for young players

Also as others have said both sides need to agree, he could have turned around to les/lee and stated he wanted to go to Belgium - also we could agree a deal with a club for 10mill but if he turns it down then we cant force him to go to that club.

Part of me also thinks that we have a duty of care with these players to not only sell them for our benefit but to also help guide their career so that they can be the best that they can be?
Bright on 22:11 - Jul 17 with 1459 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Well regarded source saying Bright made it clear that he wanted a move to Belgium, with a preference for Club Brugge.

Sounds a strange move, with Rangers not holding many cards in negotiations.
Bright on 22:18 - Jul 17 with 1428 viewsBlackCrowe

i hope he doesn't moule it over, worst case scenario would be a frites transfer.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Bright on 22:26 - Jul 17 with 1394 viewsNorthantsHoop

If the deal goes through, all the best to BOS on his future at a new club. Enjoyed watching his development over the last couple of seasons.
Bright on 22:48 - Jul 17 with 1324 viewsLongsufferingR

Bright on 21:09 - Jul 17 by Ned_Kennedys

What rush? He hasn't signed, we've just accepted an offer, then accidentally leaked the details to spur others who may have been looking at him to show their hands. Just because the English window isn't open yet doesn't mean that other clubs can't make their intentions known or agree a deal in principle. May be the case that nobody else wants to match Brugge's offer. May also bring a higher offer out of the woodwork.
Bright on 23:07 - Jul 17 with 1262 viewsdavman

Bright on 22:48 - Jul 17 by LongsufferingR

What rush? He hasn't signed, we've just accepted an offer, then accidentally leaked the details to spur others who may have been looking at him to show their hands. Just because the English window isn't open yet doesn't mean that other clubs can't make their intentions known or agree a deal in principle. May be the case that nobody else wants to match Brugge's offer. May also bring a higher offer out of the woodwork.

... Or maybe we need money in at the start of the window to start early recruitment? We are woefully short and with the window saying open until around game 10 next season, we cannot wait to get players in if we are to avoid a nightmare start?

Christ, I dunno. I see these crazy fees for players like Madison or Bellingham and just hope that when we get a good one we might have a slice of that. But then maybe they genuinely aren't as good as we think that they are. Look at Freeman, Smithies and even Austin after they left us. Didn't exactly rip up trees did they?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bright on 23:09 - Jul 17 with 1247 viewsfrancisbowles

Bright on 23:07 - Jul 17 by davman

... Or maybe we need money in at the start of the window to start early recruitment? We are woefully short and with the window saying open until around game 10 next season, we cannot wait to get players in if we are to avoid a nightmare start?

Christ, I dunno. I see these crazy fees for players like Madison or Bellingham and just hope that when we get a good one we might have a slice of that. But then maybe they genuinely aren't as good as we think that they are. Look at Freeman, Smithies and even Austin after they left us. Didn't exactly rip up trees did they?

Yes, good point.

The McClaren season got off to a terrible start due partly to late window arrivals.
Bright on 23:10 - Jul 17 with 1246 viewsNed_Kennedys

Bright on 22:48 - Jul 17 by LongsufferingR

If we have accepted the offer why would other clubs need to bid a higher figure? We have said what is an acceptable amount for us so surely they would just bid the same figure as we'd obviously accept that too and then its down to what contract BOS can negotiate?
Looks like an odd way to do business to me.
Bright on 23:13 - Jul 17 with 1232 viewsPunteR

When you stop and think about it £5 million is a ridiculous amount of money for BOS.
Gazza went for £3 million.!

we're still in the 90s arent we?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024