Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incoming - George Thomas 15:01 - Jul 27 with 18556 viewsNov77

[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 15:11]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Incoming - George Thomas on 20:10 - Jul 27 with 2563 viewsrsonist

Incoming - George Thomas on 18:33 - Jul 27 by Lblock

This bit jumped out at me..... "He didnā€™t set League One alight but was in a shocking team and never really got a run in the side"

It's a shocking team but he couldn't get a run in it?
Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Could obviously be the Manager decided to set up differently I suppose.

I wish him well and hope he gets off to a good start, really hope people saying he's a replacement for Eze dont hang that around his neck. That is one tough act to follow!!

Could try letting something that isn't the most negative bit jump out at you for a change.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/not-up-premier-l

"If he is used in the right way then he will be able to do well elsewhere but he needs to find the right team and system. He clearly has talent, otherwise he wouldn't be in the national set-up, but he needs to find a team that is right for him."
Incoming - George Thomas on 20:16 - Jul 27 with 2544 viewsGloucs_R

Incoming - George Thomas on 19:52 - Jul 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

That would be Oteh at this time.

Give it to Chair I say.

just to clarify, when I say I am not sure about chair I am referring to him having the added pressure of the number 10 shirt as opposed to his ability...

Poll: Are we staying up?

Incoming - George Thomas on 20:34 - Jul 27 with 2470 viewsrsonist

Incoming - George Thomas on 19:09 - Jul 27 by MancR

Looks and feels like Wheeler we signed from Exeter. More in the hope than expectation department.

What, as in, hope that a role for the poor sod appeared unto Ollie from the tombola and not an expectation there was a thought-out plan for a player we paid good money for?

No, I think this a pretty informed gamble in comparison.
Incoming - George Thomas on 20:36 - Jul 27 with 2462 viewsNorthernr

Incoming - George Thomas on 20:34 - Jul 27 by rsonist

What, as in, hope that a role for the poor sod appeared unto Ollie from the tombola and not an expectation there was a thought-out plan for a player we paid good money for?

No, I think this a pretty informed gamble in comparison.

Wheelerā€™s sudden burst of goals at Exeter made them think they might be able to nick a ā€˜second strikerā€™ on the cheap by stealth. They subsequently tried him up front, alone, for a dire hour or so on a long Tuesday night in Derby and never again. Not Ollieā€™s finest hour that one and still donā€™t think Wheeler got a fair go here.
Incoming - George Thomas on 20:44 - Jul 27 with 2421 viewsrsonist

Incoming - George Thomas on 20:36 - Jul 27 by Northernr

Wheelerā€™s sudden burst of goals at Exeter made them think they might be able to nick a ā€˜second strikerā€™ on the cheap by stealth. They subsequently tried him up front, alone, for a dire hour or so on a long Tuesday night in Derby and never again. Not Ollieā€™s finest hour that one and still donā€™t think Wheeler got a fair go here.

Yeah if he were just a bad signing it wouldn't be so bad - it happens. To pay money for a mature player in our situation and then never give him a fair shake, minor scandal really.

Doesn't come up often when the hindsight story gets told round the campfire these days.
Incoming - George Thomas on 21:03 - Jul 27 with 2320 viewsdaveB

Incoming - George Thomas on 20:44 - Jul 27 by rsonist

Yeah if he were just a bad signing it wouldn't be so bad - it happens. To pay money for a mature player in our situation and then never give him a fair shake, minor scandal really.

Doesn't come up often when the hindsight story gets told round the campfire these days.

yeah Wheeler was an odd one, looked to fit the profile of what the club were talking about doing but never really got a chance, not Holloways finest hour that one
Incoming - George Thomas on 21:53 - Jul 27 with 2097 viewsNorthernr

QPR Twitter - why is it always other clubs who scout these players weā€™ve never heard of and sell them for millions?

Also QPR Twitter - George Thomas? Never heard of him must be sht.
Incoming - George Thomas on 22:14 - Jul 27 with 2016 viewsderbyhoop

There will be a lot of who is he this Summer.

Plenty of plus points. Let's hope he's more of an Eze/BOS/Chair than a Wheeler or Ben Gladwin.

Just have to trust the management to get rare more right than wrong.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all oneĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Incoming - George Thomas on 22:15 - Jul 27 with 2009 viewsGloryHunter

Incoming - George Thomas on 21:53 - Jul 27 by Northernr

QPR Twitter - why is it always other clubs who scout these players weā€™ve never heard of and sell them for millions?

Also QPR Twitter - George Thomas? Never heard of him must be sht.

Clive, that's the kind of astute observation that makes us all love you
Incoming - George Thomas on 22:36 - Jul 27 with 1946 viewsloftboy

Not read the whole thread but in his interview he certainly comes across ā€œas the right sortā€

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Incoming - George Thomas on 22:51 - Jul 27 with 1911 viewskensalriser

I'm more concerned when we sign someone I have heard of. I haven't heard of that many players, so when we do sign one I know of, I'm already thinking it's another of those overpaid over the hill acquisitions.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Incoming - George Thomas on 23:13 - Jul 27 with 1860 viewsVancouverHoop

David Wheeler was 27 when he came to us, with no experience above League 2. George Thomas is 23 with a handful of international games and a fair bit to prove, based on his resumƩ.
Incoming - George Thomas on 00:53 - Jul 28 with 1729 viewsWokingham_r

looking at the clips above and on Youtube, he knows where the goal is!
Incoming - George Thomas on 00:54 - Jul 28 with 1729 viewsLoftgirl

Incoming - George Thomas on 15:47 - Jul 27 by SimplyNico

Well, from the compilation, he keeps his head over the ball when he is shooting.

He'll never sky it over the bar like that. What are we thinking?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 6:32]
Incoming - George Thomas on 00:56 - Jul 28 with 1725 viewsLoftgirl

Incoming - George Thomas on 16:20 - Jul 27 by LongsufferingR

Well at least he's done something no QPR player has ever done before. Scored against Oxford at Wembley.

I'm still trying to forget that day.
Incoming - George Thomas on 01:53 - Jul 28 with 1691 viewsB_Wad

Incoming - George Thomas on 17:13 - Jul 27 by Gloucs_R

Same position from what I've read.

Replacement for Scowen?
Incoming - George Thomas on 03:58 - Jul 28 with 1645 viewstimcocking

Pleased to see he's an actual real life signing instead of another sodding loan. Perhaps they are finally beginning to learn.
Incoming - George Thomas on 07:02 - Jul 28 with 1561 viewsSimplyNico

Incoming - George Thomas on 00:54 - Jul 28 by Loftgirl

He'll never sky it over the bar like that. What are we thinking?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 6:32]

Indeed. Not signed to replace Hugill.
Incoming - George Thomas on 07:16 - Jul 28 with 1544 viewsGloucs_R

Incoming - George Thomas on 01:53 - Jul 28 by B_Wad

Replacement for Scowen?

Listening to the interview and reading a few articles, he's seems to prefer the middle of the 3 in a 4231 or the number 10 role. So a replacement for Eze. But clearly the club don't want to say that for a number of reasons.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Incoming - George Thomas on 07:25 - Jul 28 with 1533 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Incoming - George Thomas on 07:16 - Jul 28 by Gloucs_R

Listening to the interview and reading a few articles, he's seems to prefer the middle of the 3 in a 4231 or the number 10 role. So a replacement for Eze. But clearly the club don't want to say that for a number of reasons.

One of the reasons being that it's not true. He said himself that he plays anywhere across the front and even in centre mid. Recently he's been playing on the right. Eze hasn't been sold, and even if he was Thomas is clearly not a like-for-like replacement, we would surely be spending some of Eze's huge fee on players more advanced in their development than Thomas is and they and Thomas could absolutely do without any of us putting the New Eze tag/millstone around their necks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Incoming - George Thomas on 08:02 - Jul 28 with 1452 viewsMistication92

Coming in on a free, wages will be low because he's coming from lower down. Seems like we've scouted him for a while, so not just a mindless punt. I see very little downside to this kind of transfer.
Incoming - George Thomas on 08:04 - Jul 28 with 1449 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Incoming - George Thomas on 01:53 - Jul 28 by B_Wad

Replacement for Scowen?

Or for the other Matt Smith?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Incoming - George Thomas on 08:09 - Jul 28 with 1436 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I think he'll be the new BuzsƔky. (might as well throw a name in)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Incoming - George Thomas on 08:19 - Jul 28 with 1411 viewssexton

From the highlights he looks a bit Chair-like. We could call them The Settee.
Incoming - George Thomas on 08:25 - Jul 28 with 1393 viewsR_from_afar

Incoming - George Thomas on 20:36 - Jul 27 by Northernr

I bet Wheeler is going to have two games in which he is simply sensational next season...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024