Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incoming - George Thomas 15:01 - Jul 27 with 18557 viewsNov77

[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 15:11]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Incoming - George Thomas on 09:12 - Jul 28 with 2153 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Incoming - George Thomas on 22:51 - Jul 27 by kensalriser

I'm more concerned when we sign someone I have heard of. I haven't heard of that many players, so when we do sign one I know of, I'm already thinking it's another of those overpaid over the hill acquisitions.

This x100. This is the kind of signing that gets me excited - a rough diamond that we'll (hopefully) mould into our next superstar.
Incoming - George Thomas on 09:21 - Jul 28 with 2101 viewsTheChef

Incoming - George Thomas on 09:12 - Jul 28 by Orthodox_Hoop

This x100. This is the kind of signing that gets me excited - a rough diamond that we'll (hopefully) mould into our next superstar.

Yes - and I'd much rather have this kind of signing than a pampered Premier League academy boy who's barely kicked a ball in anger.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Incoming - George Thomas on 09:27 - Jul 28 with 2078 viewsDannyPaddox

Incoming - George Thomas on 09:12 - Jul 28 by Orthodox_Hoop

Rough Diamonds become Mighty Diamonds

George Thomas FM playing all your smooth reggae favourites
Incoming - George Thomas on 09:44 - Jul 28 with 2019 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

His name sounds like it should be cockney rhyming slang for something.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Incoming - George Thomas on 09:51 - Jul 28 with 1993 viewswood_hoop

I know when a player signs for a club their wages will probably be top of their list when looking at a new club, but man management must also be considered, MW it seems has a good rapport with current players, I may be totally wrong in regard MW but is a fact that players do react differently when going from one club to another.

A good type of signing imo, cost relatively small, seems a reasonably good standard, can't be that bad if Leicester picked him up from lower league.
Incoming - George Thomas on 10:01 - Jul 28 with 1959 viewsdaveB

I always find it baffling how people can make their mind up on a player they had never heard of a day earlier or have never seen play. This kid might be good or terrible who knows. He fits in with the kind of signing you would hope we'd make picking up released under 23 players with potential as we did with Eze, Chair and Masterson but no guarantee he'll be any good.
Incoming - George Thomas on 10:04 - Jul 28 with 1949 viewsDannyPaddox

Incoming - George Thomas on 09:44 - Jul 28 by CliveWilsonSaid

His name sounds like it should be cockney rhyming slang for something.

George Thomas - ominous

Pre-match warm-up. Jude the Cat is knocked out after getting the ball straight in the mush requiring paramedic assistance, “Oh dear that’s a bit George Thomanus”
Incoming - George Thomas on 10:21 - Jul 28 with 1897 views100percent

Incoming - George Thomas on 09:27 - Jul 28 by DannyPaddox

Rough Diamonds become Mighty Diamonds

George Thomas FM playing all your smooth reggae favourites

Big tune that, Danny....
Login to get fewer ads

Incoming - George Thomas on 10:58 - Jul 28 with 1817 viewsGloucs_R

Incoming - George Thomas on 07:25 - Jul 28 by BrianMcCarthy

One of the reasons being that it's not true. He said himself that he plays anywhere across the front and even in centre mid. Recently he's been playing on the right. Eze hasn't been sold, and even if he was Thomas is clearly not a like-for-like replacement, we would surely be spending some of Eze's huge fee on players more advanced in their development than Thomas is and they and Thomas could absolutely do without any of us putting the New Eze tag/millstone around their necks.

Fair comment Brian.

I didn't mean he WAS the replacement for Eze, more so that he can play in the same position.

100% agree that none of the lads we sign should be referred to as the new Eze but undoubtedly one of them will do .... the one that gets the number 10 shirt. not necessarily from the posters on this board but certainly from other social websites.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Incoming - George Thomas on 11:08 - Jul 28 with 1783 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Incoming - George Thomas on 10:58 - Jul 28 by Gloucs_R

Fair comment Brian.

I didn't mean he WAS the replacement for Eze, more so that he can play in the same position.

100% agree that none of the lads we sign should be referred to as the new Eze but undoubtedly one of them will do .... the one that gets the number 10 shirt. not necessarily from the posters on this board but certainly from other social websites.

Cool, Gloucs.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Incoming - George Thomas on 11:31 - Jul 28 with 1701 viewsstevec

Incoming - George Thomas on 08:19 - Jul 28 by sexton

From the highlights he looks a bit Chair-like. We could call them The Settee.

And 5 foot 8. Seems we’re going for the biguns next season, not before time.
Incoming - George Thomas on 11:56 - Jul 28 with 1623 viewskensalriser

Incoming - George Thomas on 10:01 - Jul 28 by daveB

I always find it baffling how people can make their mind up on a player they had never heard of a day earlier or have never seen play. This kid might be good or terrible who knows. He fits in with the kind of signing you would hope we'd make picking up released under 23 players with potential as we did with Eze, Chair and Masterson but no guarantee he'll be any good.

Come on Dave, you know the rules. None of them are good enough for QPR unless we can't sign them, in which case the club is inept/not ambitious enough.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Incoming - George Thomas on 12:01 - Jul 28 with 1609 viewsDixie_CT

Looks to have a very good first touch and a real willingness to get into the box. Fits the model and a real low risk gamble.

I wonder if the three year contract is lessons learnt from the BOS & Manning situations?
Incoming - George Thomas on 12:52 - Jul 28 with 1498 viewsfrancisbowles

Incoming - George Thomas on 12:01 - Jul 28 by Dixie_CT

Looks to have a very good first touch and a real willingness to get into the box. Fits the model and a real low risk gamble.

I wonder if the three year contract is lessons learnt from the BOS & Manning situations?

Manning joined in January 2015 on a two and a half year deal. Presumably he signed an extension which would take him up until now. BOS joined in September 2017 on a three year deal. The difference seems to be the one year option, on our side, that we now try and insert.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 12:53]
Incoming - George Thomas on 18:07 - Jul 28 with 1325 viewsBklynRanger

Captain of Leicester's U23's sounds quite promising, combined with his own emphasis in the video on fitness and work rate. Sounds like a young lad to be cautiously optimistic about which is fine by me.
Incoming - George Thomas on 18:57 - Jul 28 with 1245 viewsrsonist

Incoming - George Thomas on 09:21 - Jul 28 by TheChef

Yes - and I'd much rather have this kind of signing than a pampered Premier League academy boy who's barely kicked a ball in anger.

What do people get out of parrotting this line over and over and over into the ground?

Onomah who won the game yesterday was in pretty much exactly the same place as Amos after several loans where he looked a lovely player as always but didn't impose himself and didn't get a run in the right position. He wasn't an instant success at Fulham but a bit of TLC (and lot of time on the weights) and he's suddenly looking like the second coming of Dembele and Spurs look like mugs.

Not saying this will definitely happen with Amos (not saying it def won't either) but how about let's just take each player on his own merits and see what happens instead of making a meme of one situation and parading it as absolute insight. No half competent club is going to make a policy of ignoring big academy players and thankfully neither will we.
Incoming - George Thomas on 20:30 - Jul 28 with 1112 viewsCiderwithRsie

Incoming - George Thomas on 09:21 - Jul 28 by TheChef

Also like that he says he's keen to play, which seems to be borne out by his loans
Incoming - George Thomas on 20:34 - Jul 28 with 1097 viewsMatch82

Incoming - George Thomas on 07:25 - Jul 28 by BrianMcCarthy

One of the reasons being that it's not true. He said himself that he plays anywhere across the front and even in centre mid. Recently he's been playing on the right. Eze hasn't been sold, and even if he was Thomas is clearly not a like-for-like replacement, we would surely be spending some of Eze's huge fee on players more advanced in their development than Thomas is and they and Thomas could absolutely do without any of us putting the New Eze tag/millstone around their necks.

Quite right Brian. He's not the new Eze. He's the new BOS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024