Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright 17:05 - Aug 7 with 13515 viewsNorthernr

Try and keep your erections down to a dull throb.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-fc-bright-osayi-samuel-contract
Bright on 23:26 - Aug 7 with 3384 viewsGloryHunter

Who, exactly, is Bright's agent? Is this information accessible anywhere?
Bright on 23:33 - Aug 7 with 3369 viewsVancouverHoop

Bright on 23:26 - Aug 7 by GloryHunter

Who, exactly, is Bright's agent? Is this information accessible anywhere?

Triple S Sports and Entertainment. They also handle Harry McGuire, Wayne Rooney and Jack Butland also loads of other players.

Information on player agents is available on transfermarkt.com
Bright on 06:08 - Aug 8 with 3148 viewsBklynRanger

Bright on 23:33 - Aug 7 by VancouverHoop

Triple S Sports and Entertainment. They also handle Harry McGuire, Wayne Rooney and Jack Butland also loads of other players.

Information on player agents is available on transfermarkt.com

Have to say that's somewhat discouraging news - Triple H is not an easy man to negotiate with.

Bright on 07:31 - Aug 8 with 3043 viewsGloucs_R

The more I think about this, the more it annoys me.

We need the money to invest in New players. Without it, we can't implement the buy and sell strategy.

BOS wants to go, good luck to him. It's good for him and us. But if he's going to run his contact down or force us into selling his for peanuts, then him and his agent can't FRO.

I suspect they've (agent) got a Prem club lined up who don't want to pay 5m. Expect a deadline day bid of 3m which we will be forced to accept or we shall only get 1m in Jan or nothing next summer.

He won't sign a new contract.

Fking football.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bright on 09:54 - Aug 8 with 2815 viewsextratimeR

Very good news!

(might not fancy Belgium at the moment, if it means quarantine every time he gets off the train).

And yes, as mentioned above, I think a lot of clubs finances are probably looking a bit shaky at the moment, ( and for a nice change, not ours!).
Bright on 09:57 - Aug 8 with 2802 viewsDejR_vu

Bright on 07:31 - Aug 8 by Gloucs_R

We need the money to invest in New players. Without it, we can't implement the buy and sell strategy.

BOS wants to go, good luck to him. It's good for him and us. But if he's going to run his contact down or force us into selling his for peanuts, then him and his agent can't FRO.

I suspect they've (agent) got a Prem club lined up who don't want to pay 5m. Expect a deadline day bid of 3m which we will be forced to accept or we shall only get 1m in Jan or nothing next summer.

Fking football.

The problem is that all the power is with the player. There’s a good chance that he’ll just let his contract run down and make up what he loses from a big signing on fee that’s available because of the absence of a transfer fee.

The club needs to take some of that power back. The only way we will survive is by selling developed players for big fees. We can’t afford to let players dictate things by letting their contracts run down. Personally, i’d be saying to him that we’d made the best offer we can, sign it or, if it’s not good enough, find something better somewhere else. If he doesn’t move it costs us £5m that we need to reinvest. So, i’d tell him he’s training with the U18s and he won’t play this season. He can then decide if it’s a risk worth taking. Not having him will hurt us short term but it will send a message to agents and players thinking about taking the p1ss that we won’t stand for it.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Bright on 11:03 - Aug 8 with 2639 viewsLazyFan

I did say on another thread that we need to sell when they are in the 1+1 years of the contract not the very last year.

Anyway, another factor is if we get a wag cap in the Champ (which I doubt will happen) as they have agreed in L1 and L2, this means the prem clubs know we can only offer him a £10K per week max (which is our rumoured limit anyway). Thus when they bid for him, they can then offer him £20k per week as they know that's double.

However if the agent blags (they lie you know) BoS has been offered £15k per week by little QPR so, as big prem club we should get £30k that makes the negotiating position better. But they can only do that if no one knows what anyone is on. A wage cap would hurt that lie and make it difficult.

BoS and his agent know this, they also know a wage cap if it were to happen would be imminnent. So, might be best to get a deal done now with QPR and with several release clauses in advance. This way the players wages are secure at the highest level they can get for the coming season and also the chance of prem monies is still there in the near future. Also, if next season goes wronga nd BoS reverts back to his ealier days then at least hes on top monies for the next 3 years.

zzzzzzzzzz

Bright on 11:17 - Aug 8 with 2607 viewsfrancisbowles

Bright on 11:03 - Aug 8 by LazyFan

I did say on another thread that we need to sell when they are in the 1+1 years of the contract not the very last year.

Anyway, another factor is if we get a wag cap in the Champ (which I doubt will happen) as they have agreed in L1 and L2, this means the prem clubs know we can only offer him a £10K per week max (which is our rumoured limit anyway). Thus when they bid for him, they can then offer him £20k per week as they know that's double.

However if the agent blags (they lie you know) BoS has been offered £15k per week by little QPR so, as big prem club we should get £30k that makes the negotiating position better. But they can only do that if no one knows what anyone is on. A wage cap would hurt that lie and make it difficult.

BoS and his agent know this, they also know a wage cap if it were to happen would be imminnent. So, might be best to get a deal done now with QPR and with several release clauses in advance. This way the players wages are secure at the highest level they can get for the coming season and also the chance of prem monies is still there in the near future. Also, if next season goes wronga nd BoS reverts back to his ealier days then at least hes on top monies for the next 3 years.

Interesting post. However, if we had tried to sell BOS last season when he was 1+1, how much would we have got? £1 million?

If we had tried to offer him a new deal, based on what he had contributed up to then, it probably wouldn't have been that attractive to him or his agent.

So we took the direction, we took and if we do sell him, it will have been the right course. If he does run his contract down, then we are hypothetically worse off but realistically we will have had, hopefully, two good and not too expensive years out of him. So probably still the right decision.
Login to get fewer ads

Bright on 11:21 - Aug 8 with 2592 viewsGloryHunter

A wag cap. We definitely need that!
Bright on 11:29 - Aug 8 with 2563 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bright on 07:31 - Aug 8 by Gloucs_R

Fking football.

That seems to be a lot of worrying about stuff that may or may not be true.

All we've learned in the last 24 hours is that he has turned down the move to Bruges, and that contract talks will restart.

Good news, I'd have thought.

Edit - spell check.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 11:29]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bright on 11:42 - Aug 8 with 2519 viewsGloucs_R

Bright on 11:29 - Aug 8 by BrianMcCarthy

That seems to be a lot of worrying about stuff that may or may not be true.

All we've learned in the last 24 hours is that he has turned down the move to Bruges, and that contract talks will restart.

Good news, I'd have thought.

Edit - spell check.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 11:29]

I am a natural pessimist Brian!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bright on 11:55 - Aug 8 with 2483 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bright on 09:57 - Aug 8 by DejR_vu

The problem is that all the power is with the player. There’s a good chance that he’ll just let his contract run down and make up what he loses from a big signing on fee that’s available because of the absence of a transfer fee.

The club needs to take some of that power back. The only way we will survive is by selling developed players for big fees. We can’t afford to let players dictate things by letting their contracts run down. Personally, i’d be saying to him that we’d made the best offer we can, sign it or, if it’s not good enough, find something better somewhere else. If he doesn’t move it costs us £5m that we need to reinvest. So, i’d tell him he’s training with the U18s and he won’t play this season. He can then decide if it’s a risk worth taking. Not having him will hurt us short term but it will send a message to agents and players thinking about taking the p1ss that we won’t stand for it.

As usual fans want it both ways.

You cannot class a player as evil for playing until his contract runs out. I'm sorry, it's hard on the club, but criticising a player for essentially honouring a contract, whatever the motives, is horsesh!t.

If we thought Bright was rubbish, and Charlton offered £100k for him and he refused to move people would be furious.

You can't have one rule for good players and one for bad ones.

Sorry, but if that's what BOS wants to do, we have to suck it up. He's a good guy, I'm sure if he stays with us for a year he'll do his very best.

Bare bones.

Bright on 12:00 - Aug 8 with 2468 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bright on 11:42 - Aug 8 by Gloucs_R

I am a natural pessimist Brian!

Bright on 12:02 - Aug 8 with 2463 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bright on 11:55 - Aug 8 by Antti_Heinola

You cannot class a player as evil for playing until his contract runs out. I'm sorry, it's hard on the club, but criticising a player for essentially honouring a contract, whatever the motives, is horsesh!t.

If we thought Bright was rubbish, and Charlton offered £100k for him and he refused to move people would be furious.

Sorry, but if that's what BOS wants to do, we have to suck it up. He's a good guy, I'm sure if he stays with us for a year he'll do his very best.

Plus, if he were to leave next Summer without signing a contract I think we would still get compensation as he'd still only be 23?

Bright on 12:23 - Aug 8 with 2398 viewsfrancisbowles

Bright on 12:02 - Aug 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Plus, if he were to leave next Summer without signing a contract I think we would still get compensation as he'd still only be 23?

I think we would but it probably wouldn't be very much and his former club(s), Blackpool would get a share of it.
Bright on 13:04 - Aug 8 with 2289 viewsNorthernr

Some bits and pieces on how they work out the compensation in that situation, with Danny Ings leaving Burnley as a case study...

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/item/determining-the-level-of-compensation-for

https://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/10/transfer-tribunal-danny-ings-li
Bright on 13:05 - Aug 8 with 2285 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bright on 23:06 - Aug 7 by Myke

Or he could have a ' go through the motions' season and leave next season for nothing - just saying

That's known as a "doing a Sinclair"

The grass is always greener.

Bright on 13:37 - Aug 8 with 2191 viewsPinnerPaul

One of those articles that is right whatever happens - nothing really new there is there?
Bright on 13:44 - Aug 8 with 2165 viewsLazyFan

Bright on 11:17 - Aug 8 by francisbowles

Interesting post. However, if we had tried to sell BOS last season when he was 1+1, how much would we have got? £1 million?

If we had tried to offer him a new deal, based on what he had contributed up to then, it probably wouldn't have been that attractive to him or his agent.

So we took the direction, we took and if we do sell him, it will have been the right course. If he does run his contract down, then we are hypothetically worse off but realistically we will have had, hopefully, two good and not too expensive years out of him. So probably still the right decision.

You are correct.

What should have happened is that when someone is 1+1 we offer them a new contract, if they don't want to sign we then look at selling them for what we can get.

Last year BoS would have accepted the new contract as he was not as established as he has been this season. This season he played very well and also the contract situation played into his hands. We should have attempted to prevent that much earlier.

zzzzzzzzzz

Bright on 14:46 - Aug 8 with 2066 viewsfrancisbowles

Bright on 13:44 - Aug 8 by LazyFan

You are correct.

What should have happened is that when someone is 1+1 we offer them a new contract, if they don't want to sign we then look at selling them for what we can get.

Last year BoS would have accepted the new contract as he was not as established as he has been this season. This season he played very well and also the contract situation played into his hands. We should have attempted to prevent that much earlier.

You say I am correct but your second paragraph is different to my opinion. To say he would have accepted is a great leap of imagination.

FWIW, I think that if we had made him an offer based on his form up until then, he would probably have thought it's not enough and if the new manager gives me a chance, I can play better and earn more in the future.
Bright on 15:00 - Aug 8 with 2035 viewsMatch82

Bright on 13:44 - Aug 8 by LazyFan

You are correct.

If we had offered BOS an improved contract at this time last year a large portion of the fan base would have wanted heads on spikes
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 15:15]
Bright on 15:04 - Aug 8 with 2019 viewsfrancisbowles

Bright on 12:02 - Aug 8 by BrianMcCarthy

On reflection, I don't think that Blackpool would get a portion of the compensation as we bought Bright from them. I believe that only applies if they had received compensation in the first instance and subsequently we did.

Ings was bought from Bournemouth by Burnley and there is no suggestion that I have seen, that the Cherries were entitled to further compensation from the Liverpool move.
Bright on 16:25 - Aug 8 with 1883 viewsDejR_vu

Bright on 11:55 - Aug 8 by Antti_Heinola

‘Evil’, never said that, bit over dramatic don’t you think?

There’s a difference between being evil and playing agents/players at their own game to protect yourself. He still had a choice.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Bright on 16:37 - Aug 8 with 1832 viewspaulparker

Bright on 15:00 - Aug 8 by Match82

If we had offered BOS an improved contract at this time last year a large portion of the fan base would have wanted heads on spikes
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 15:15]

No they wouldn’t , 99.9% of the fan base could see what an asset he is and how with a bit of decent coaching and fine tuning he could be a match winner the only person who couldn’t see that was that useless gimp Mclaren

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bright on 16:44 - Aug 8 with 1814 viewsStanisgod

Bright on 09:57 - Aug 8 by DejR_vu

Totally agree, tell him to put up shut up or sign, someone needs to stand up to these players and agent sometime.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024