Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SKY 22:35 - Sep 18 with 47461 viewssmuttsontour

F*ck SKY

F*ck the presenter who tried to run a negative story on us for views.

F*ck anyone/anything that continually denies free speech.

Oh and f*ck sky again.

This post has been edited by an administrator
SKY on 15:03 - Sep 19 with 2185 viewsted_hendrix

SKY on 14:50 - Sep 19 by NW5Hoop

Several points that interrelate …
1/ Football has a terrible problem with trying to show it is caring. Because it's not. It's a vast, rapacious, unpleasant, greedy industry. So it overcompensates with countless minutes of silence or applause, with plastering commemorative badges on shirts and so on. The knee-taking, I tend to think, is an extension of that. Same as the meaningless commemoration of Nelson Mandela: great man, minimal contribution to lower division football.
2/ I accept QPR do more than most around diversity. Whereas Sky has no BAME executives, so far as I can tell, very few BAME presenters (as opposed to pundits). And SkySports employs actual racist John Terry as an occasional pundit, and Sky News gives airtime to racist tosspots like Brendan O'Neill. So, you know, who's really the bad guy here?
3/ But for QPR to go into a televised game having decided not to take a knee, but with no explanation, is stupidly bad PR. They should have either taken the knee, or had a principled explanation. Not some garbled post match stuff.
4/ The worst thing is that this has given ammunition to all the actual racists, who are all over Twitter congratulating QPR for standing up to the evil militias of wokedom.

QPR have ended up coming out badly from this - and it was a legitimate story. And it's their own fault.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 14:55]

This post should be sent to someone who knows what to do with it.

First class post.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

SKY on 15:04 - Sep 19 with 2182 viewsNorthernr

SKY on 15:01 - Sep 19 by rsonist

If we're making the point I hope we intended to make then I kind of think it makes more sense to let Sky et al give themselves enough rope then respond. But maybe that's wishful 5D chess and MW's mealy mouthed gibberish about requiring "guidance from the authorities" is all we're going to get.

If Ferdinand is minded to do it he should come out with a big "Errrrr, excuse me...." interview on Monday morning.
SKY on 15:24 - Sep 19 with 2102 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’m going to get a little bit political I’m afraid.

I suspect that many wealthy footballers and former footballers including Le Tiss and Paul Parker (and likely Warburton and Cameron) have fallen into the trap set by actual racists that BLM is a ‘Marxist’ organisation with a ‘hidden agenda’ because they have been brainwashed to believe that any kind of movement not born of other rich people is a threat to their wealth and lifestyles. It is neither Marxist or a threat to wealthy footballers.

BLM’s agenda is not hidden, they truly just want an end to Police brutality and a bit of equity in the US and over here. Marx and Marxism is a political ideology from the 19th and early 20th Century. Can people not see how ridiculous it is to quote it in a modern context in relation to this issue?

I was lucky to meet black BLM activists from Chicago three years ago at a Trade Union conference and I can tell you that they are genuine, mostly women, and in most cases working class people who have had their kids and husbands shot by nervous and equally working class police.

Like others have said, this debacle has opened the door for actual racists to perpetuate the whites are victims myth and I think that’s a real shame, and it saddens me that well meaning contributors to this forum have brought into it too. Ultimately the real contributor to the difficulties in your lives are your class not the race of others.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 15:33]
SKY on 15:25 - Sep 19 with 2093 viewsBrianMcCarthy

1/ Football has a terrible problem with trying to show it is caring. Because it's not. It's a vast, rapacious, unpleasant, greedy industry. So it overcompensates with countless minutes of silence or applause, with plastering commemorative badges on shirts and so on. The knee-taking, I tend to think, is an extension of that. Same as the meaningless commemoration of Nelson Mandela: great man, minimal contribution to lower division football.
2/ I accept QPR do more than most around diversity. Whereas Sky has no BAME executives, so far as I can tell, very few BAME presenters (as opposed to pundits). And SkySports employs actual racist John Terry as an occasional pundit, and Sky News gives airtime to racist tosspots like Brendan O'Neill. So, you know, who's really the bad guy here?
3/ But for QPR to go into a televised game having decided not to take a knee, but with no explanation, is stupidly bad PR. They should have either taken the knee, or had a principled explanation. Not some garbled post match stuff.
4/ The worst thing is that this has given ammunition to all the actual racists, who are all over Twitter congratulating QPR for standing up to the evil militias of wokedom.

QPR have ended up coming out badly from this - and it was a legitimate story. And it's their own fault.

I don't know who Brendan O'Neill is, but an excellent post, that aside.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SKY on 15:30 - Sep 19 with 2063 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SKY on 15:04 - Sep 19 by Northernr

If Ferdinand is minded to do it he should come out with a big "Errrrr, excuse me...." interview on Monday morning.

Agreed. This is a great chance to really talk about racism in football.

I think we now have to, I think we should, and - more importantly - I think our excellent track record means that we are the perfect club to speak intelligently and passionately on what has been a huge and crippling blight on football and footballers.

SKY on 15:31 - Sep 19 with 2057 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

SKY on 15:25 - Sep 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't know who Brendan O'Neill is, but an excellent post, that aside.

Confused former Communist Libertarian type. Got very angry at those who threw the Coulston statue into the sea.
SKY on 15:40 - Sep 19 with 2019 viewseghamranger

I’ve boycotted Sky for months now... rather have £90 in my pocket that paying it to those idiots.

And who the hell does Jobi Mcanuff think he is to make decisions like that. He was never a great player and played for neither club so why was he on there as a pundit anyway 🤔

No I didn’t see the game either thank god!
SKY on 15:43 - Sep 19 with 1996 viewsfrancisbowles

SKY on 15:40 - Sep 19 by eghamranger

I’ve boycotted Sky for months now... rather have £90 in my pocket that paying it to those idiots.

And who the hell does Jobi Mcanuff think he is to make decisions like that. He was never a great player and played for neither club so why was he on there as a pundit anyway 🤔

If you didn't see it how can you criticise what McAnuff said?
Login to get fewer ads

SKY on 15:52 - Sep 19 with 1963 viewsstowmarketrange

SKY on 15:40 - Sep 19 by eghamranger

I think he also said that he was disappointed when his team didn’t take a knee last week at the start of their game.Was he quite so vocal then?
SKY on 16:00 - Sep 19 with 1924 viewsSharpy36

SKY on 15:24 - Sep 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

I suspect that many wealthy footballers and former footballers including Le Tiss and Paul Parker (and likely Warburton and Cameron) have fallen into the trap set by actual racists that BLM is a ‘Marxist’ organisation with a ‘hidden agenda’ because they have been brainwashed to believe that any kind of movement not born of other rich people is a threat to their wealth and lifestyles. It is neither Marxist or a threat to wealthy footballers.

BLM’s agenda is not hidden, they truly just want an end to Police brutality and a bit of equity in the US and over here. Marx and Marxism is a political ideology from the 19th and early 20th Century. Can people not see how ridiculous it is to quote it in a modern context in relation to this issue?

I was lucky to meet black BLM activists from Chicago three years ago at a Trade Union conference and I can tell you that they are genuine, mostly women, and in most cases working class people who have had their kids and husbands shot by nervous and equally working class police.

Like others have said, this debacle has opened the door for actual racists to perpetuate the whites are victims myth and I think that’s a real shame, and it saddens me that well meaning contributors to this forum have brought into it too. Ultimately the real contributor to the difficulties in your lives are your class not the race of others.

Putting BLM(USA) aside for a moment and talk about BLM(UK).

Could you explain what thier agenda is ?

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

SKY on 16:08 - Sep 19 with 1911 viewseghamranger

SKY on 15:43 - Sep 19 by francisbowles

If you didn't see it how can you criticise what McAnuff said?

Because I’ve heard about it since and read this 4 pages relating to this topic...
SKY on 16:20 - Sep 19 with 1877 viewsLblock

Why are the police nervous?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

SKY on 16:23 - Sep 19 with 1871 viewsDavieQPR

Kick Racism Out was pretty good because it wasn't political and anyone who says BLM is not a political organisation is just brainwashed by the MSM.
SKY on 16:35 - Sep 19 with 1839 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SKY on 16:23 - Sep 19 by DavieQPR

Kick Racism Out was pretty good because it wasn't political and anyone who says BLM is not a political organisation is just brainwashed by the MSM.

Or the MSM (hate that phrase) have brainwashed us to think that they are a political organisation. Who knows?

SKY on 16:38 - Sep 19 with 1823 viewsSnipper

BLM is 100% a political movement. As for being brainwashed, it’s you with your views who’s trying to brainwash people.

What part of bringing an end to capitalism and defunding the police isn’t political?

All this virtue signalling with bending the knee (coz that’s what it is) and being shamed into doing it for fear of being called a racist, is doing the real cause no good at all.
SKY on 16:40 - Sep 19 with 1818 viewskernowhoop

SKY on 16:23 - Sep 19 by DavieQPR

We have a proud record on racism at QPR. Better than most, I reckon. But, it should be possible to take practical steps to confront racism without signalling support for an organisation that vows to dismantle capitalism and defund the police. As for Sky,, virtue signalling is important for many companies these days.
SKY on 16:42 - Sep 19 with 1811 viewsjohnhoop

SKY on 16:35 - Sep 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Or the MSM (hate that phrase) have brainwashed us to think that they are a political organisation. Who knows?

Or maybe they’re well-informed enough to know about the actual words spoken by its founder Patrisse Cullors, when she described herself and its other leaders as “trained Marxists” in 2015.
Maybe that Brian?
SKY on 16:54 - Sep 19 with 1773 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SKY on 16:42 - Sep 19 by johnhoop

Or maybe they’re well-informed enough to know about the actual words spoken by its founder Patrisse Cullors, when she described herself and its other leaders as “trained Marxists” in 2015.
Maybe that Brian?

Maybe, John.

I honestly haven't researched it. Genuinely.

SKY on 17:02 - Sep 19 with 1754 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

SKY on 16:38 - Sep 19 by Snipper

BLM is 100% a political movement. As for being brainwashed, it’s you with your views who’s trying to brainwash people.

What part of bringing an end to capitalism and defunding the police isn’t political?

All this virtue signalling with bending the knee (coz that’s what it is) and being shamed into doing it for fear of being called a racist, is doing the real cause no good at all.

Of course it’s political. I never said it wasn’t.

Everything is political. The Women’s Institute is political, the Dog’s Trust is political. Politics literally means ‘affairs’. The insinuation is that is BLM has hidden or malicious politics. I say it doesn’t.

My brand of brainwashing has put a lot of money into your pocket and given you 52 days off a year as well as the best pension in the Public sector. Sniff at it if you want but it’s not brainwashing if I’m doing it openly in a forum that has been pretty hostile to it.

There is a lot of virtue signalling, of course. But as NW has said, that’s what happens when you involve bloated and greedy industries like football. These are all side points though and the central message remains the same.
SKY on 17:04 - Sep 19 with 1740 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

SKY on 16:00 - Sep 19 by Sharpy36

Putting BLM(USA) aside for a moment and talk about BLM(UK).

Could you explain what thier agenda is ?

Exactly the same thing. A movement against police brutality that strives for equity.
SKY on 17:14 - Sep 19 with 1714 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

SKY on 16:20 - Sep 19 by Lblock

Why are the police nervous?

Police are nervous because sadly they are put in a position where they are dealing with society’s spiralling problems that they aren’t trained or equipped for.

They are expected to be medics, social workers, and councillors. They are brought up through a system where the culture is to ultimately suspect everyone as being violent or criminal. Many of them have untreated PTSD from the things they’ve seen, and operate in a environment of mutual mistrust between themselves and the communities they serve. Most of the time they do not come from same ethnicity or income bracket of the people they are expected to engage with and that lack of understanding or confusion leads to the tensions we see today. The criminality of the people they deal with isn’t their fault, it’s the fault of decades worth of abandonment and vandalism from governments of all colours.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 17:26]
SKY on 17:14 - Sep 19 with 1715 viewsjohnhoop

SKY on 16:54 - Sep 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Maybe, John.

I honestly haven't researched it. Genuinely.

Sorry Brian, that wasnt really aimed at you but there's a lot of crap being talked on here about how BLM aren't a political or Marxist organization.
For months back in the Spring and early Summer it was the work of seconds, if you were at all interested, to look up their GoFundMe page which laid out their aims very clearly. These included destroying capitalism, defunding the police and even getting rid of the nuclear family as a way of raising children in order to weaken the "patriarchy". (I can't remember the precise wording of the last one but it was very similar to this).
They've really toned down that page a lot now, probably because they realise it was a public relations disaster, but it was there for anyone to look at for a long time.
SKY on 17:45 - Sep 19 with 1630 viewsLblock

SKY on 17:14 - Sep 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Police are nervous because sadly they are put in a position where they are dealing with society’s spiralling problems that they aren’t trained or equipped for.

They are expected to be medics, social workers, and councillors. They are brought up through a system where the culture is to ultimately suspect everyone as being violent or criminal. Many of them have untreated PTSD from the things they’ve seen, and operate in a environment of mutual mistrust between themselves and the communities they serve. Most of the time they do not come from same ethnicity or income bracket of the people they are expected to engage with and that lack of understanding or confusion leads to the tensions we see today. The criminality of the people they deal with isn’t their fault, it’s the fault of decades worth of abandonment and vandalism from governments of all colours.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 17:26]

The simple answer that there’s a lot of lunatic gang bangers over there with guns on the streets (the ones without uniforms) doesn’t apply by the looks.
Fairy fluff.

Coming to these shores.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

SKY on 17:58 - Sep 19 with 1593 viewsJuzzie

“ QPR have ended up coming out badly from this - and it was a legitimate story. And it's their own fault.”

This is the problem, in order to avoid being accused of anything does everyone now have to cow down? I mentioned earlier about control, this is getting like North Korea.

We’re all stuck in the middle of extremists on either side who use us as pawns.

[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 18:08]
SKY on 17:58 - Sep 19 with 1594 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SKY on 17:14 - Sep 19 by johnhoop

Sorry Brian, that wasnt really aimed at you but there's a lot of crap being talked on here about how BLM aren't a political or Marxist organization.
For months back in the Spring and early Summer it was the work of seconds, if you were at all interested, to look up their GoFundMe page which laid out their aims very clearly. These included destroying capitalism, defunding the police and even getting rid of the nuclear family as a way of raising children in order to weaken the "patriarchy". (I can't remember the precise wording of the last one but it was very similar to this).
They've really toned down that page a lot now, probably because they realise it was a public relations disaster, but it was there for anyone to look at for a long time.

Thanks John. I appreciate the info.

I can only talk about Cork. From what I've seen my black (and also white) friends are delighted with the positive conversation that has been started by BLM.

I hadn't researched BLM as an organisation. I just see a huge groundswell here in Cork against racism. And I'm proud. Hopeful and proud.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024