Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SKY 22:35 - Sep 18 with 47458 viewssmuttsontour

F*ck SKY

F*ck the presenter who tried to run a negative story on us for views.

F*ck anyone/anything that continually denies free speech.

Oh and f*ck sky again.

This post has been edited by an administrator
SKY on 09:20 - Sep 19 with 2454 viewspeejaybee

SKY on 23:53 - Sep 18 by ted_hendrix

We should make an official public club announcement and request an apology from Sky.

Sorry Ted but the Murdochs do not do apologies.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

SKY on 09:39 - Sep 19 with 2388 viewsrsonist

SKY on 22:41 - Sep 18 by smuttsontour

looking for somebody to organise a petition for this presenter to lose her job.

#freespeech
SKY on 09:42 - Sep 19 with 2368 viewsflynnbo

SKY on 09:20 - Sep 19 by peejaybee

Sorry Ted but the Murdochs do not do apologies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-45654792
SKY on 10:05 - Sep 19 with 2313 viewspeejaybee

SKY on 09:42 - Sep 19 by flynnbo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-45654792

And he has no influence at Sky at all.?????????????????????????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

SKY on 10:18 - Sep 19 with 2280 viewsStanisgod

SKY on 23:40 - Sep 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Sometimes it's okay to say "I don't know". And I don't know.

If another team decided not to, I would be curious as to whay. So I'm curious as to why we haven't. But with our excellent track record I presume that there is a reason for it and will wait to hear more and to learn more.

How long do you do it for then, forever ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

SKY on 10:24 - Sep 19 with 2232 viewsqprxtc

At some point or other, taking a knee was going to stop. Sky hadn’t decided to tell us when though. The reason behind this situation has been lost to a media finger pointing narrative. Platitudes don’t change anything.

A non story if ever there was one, after a very entertaining ( but typical QPR) game.
SKY on 10:28 - Sep 19 with 2244 viewsnix

SKY on 07:23 - Sep 19 by DejR_vu

If McAnuff has actually said we’re a racist club we should go after him for libel. You can’t go around saying that sort of thing unchecked these days. We must do more for racial equality than any other club. Meanwhile, CaptainB@llendW@nker takes the knee at a televised charity match. Says it all about taking the knee. Actions speak louder than words.

McAnuff sounds like just another thick ignorant footballer if he’s even suggested we’re racist.

Make a big statement, go after the dick and make an example of him.

He didn't say we were racist but by saying he was disappointed by us not taking the knee, it was implying that we were not wholeheartedly behind equality which is so far from the actual truth. There was no balance about what we have actually done rather than just the gestures made.

I must have missed all of the post-match bit as I went out, so missed the bit about all the stuff we have done. But really they should have said that in the first place. It's like those apologies you get on page 32 of the newspaper.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 10:36]
SKY on 10:31 - Sep 19 with 2225 viewsQPR_John

SKY on 23:28 - Sep 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Mark Robins said they wanted to, but QPR didn't so they didn't.

So basically it was so important to Coventry that they were not prepared to take the knee without support. What kind of excuse is that.
Login to get fewer ads

SKY (n/t) on 10:37 - Sep 19 with 2207 viewsThe_Beast1976

[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 10:38]
SKY on 10:38 - Sep 19 with 2203 viewsrsonist

This shouldn't have come as much surprise given the tone of Les and Chris' press work in recent months. (I'm sure MAGA Geoff doesn't mind either.)

I respect the decision - and it would have been silly make any announcement of it beforehand - but will respect it infinitely more if we have anticipated the obvious inevitability that it will be noticed and seized upon, and have had a thorough statement outlining our position long prepared. Leaving it out there open to interpretation is naive, fundamentally counter-productive, and frankly stupid.
SKY on 10:39 - Sep 19 with 2202 viewsThe_Beast1976

SKY on 23:34 - Sep 18 by Northernr

Qpr have taken positive action rather than hollow, PR-driven gestures. We have more black coaches than the rest of the EFL put together. We have a black DOF, black academy director, we’ve given opportunities to black teenagers booted out of other academies. We have a diverse fan base. We have a best in class community department in a diverse part of London. We were front and centre of doing useful stuff for Grenfell while white powerful people were wiping their fcking lap tops.

Sorry if we don’t think your easily packaged and televised gesture should go on indefinitely, but when you’ve done as much as we have then you can come for us.

Fcking disgusting.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Hear hear.

Fcuk 'taking the knee' and fcuk the neo-marxist BLM (an organisation which the virtue signalling media have put on a pedestal it simply doesn't deserve.

Positive actions prove louder than words and symbols (although obviously not to Sky and the other full of sh1t MSM), and our club has taken positive action by the bucket load.
SKY on 10:43 - Sep 19 with 2184 viewsfrancisbowles

McAnuff said that he thinks it should continue and it is important and of course he is perfectly entitled to say so when asked.

Many others tend to think it has made it's point and carrying it on makes it a meaningless gesture.

I thought that the presenters were articulate spoke reasonably about it.

However, the problem for me is why were they told to discuss it? It was a private decision reached by the club. They (SKY) were digging for a 'dirty' story. They could have approached the club privately and asked. Instead they debated it before and after the match, the match commentator made a point about it and they questioned both managers.

I paid a tenner to NOW tv to watch a football match, that I couldn't watch any other way and I got treated to a sideshow, oh! and btw a commentator who couldn't even tell me about who had he ball at any given time, especially in the opening period of the game.
SKY on 10:49 - Sep 19 with 2159 viewsrsonist

This special 2020 Red Scare Away Shirt unveiling couldn't have gone any better.
SKY on 11:50 - Sep 19 with 2078 viewsDorse

I think Sky have misjudged this one. It is galling that, however inaccurate the statement, they hold the whip hand in any discussion as they control the means by which any message is disseminated.

Even if the club goes all-out to put the facts into the public domain, it will always come over as bleating about being caught ('The lady doth protest too much, methinks') rather than a rejection of a patently false narrative.

Remember, as far as the other 91 clubs are concerned, we're the cheating bastards who played 'Ineligible Ale' to get into the Prem before taking the FFP regulations into the bog to use after an all-you-can-eat curry, licorice and Guiness marathon. The narrative will support their version of events to the wider world rather than give an accurate rendering of the club's character.

It is the standard TalkSpurt approach: say something to get everyone's attention by implying the negative but actually stepping back from outright libel and encourging the listeners to make the running whilst saying 'Well, this certainly seems to have angered you...'

For example, asking whether QPR chose to take the knee allows them to headline: 'QPR Refuse To Support Equality Initiative' (which is false) when the content of the story shows that neither side took the knee and QPR's opinion is only dropped in to act as an out of context, lukewarm, non-apology after setting the parameters characterisng us as the villain.

As has been said previously, fcuk SKY, the shower of farmyard aniligualists.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

SKY on 11:54 - Sep 19 with 2066 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

SKY on 10:31 - Sep 19 by QPR_John

So basically it was so important to Coventry that they were not prepared to take the knee without support. What kind of excuse is that.

I don’t know, you’ll have to speak to Mark Robins.
SKY on 12:31 - Sep 19 with 1966 viewsrobith

SKY on 22:48 - Sep 18 by CamberleyR

@carolinebarker if anybody wants to fill their boots on Twitter.

This is gutter behaviour, you should be ashamed of yourself
SKY on 12:32 - Sep 19 with 1964 viewsfrancisbowles

SKY on 10:31 - Sep 19 by QPR_John

I think the referee decides after consulting both teams, none or both.
SKY on 12:40 - Sep 19 with 1932 viewsstowmarketrange

Hopefully Sky will boycott us for live games now.Its a shame we as a club can’t boycott them too.
SKY on 12:56 - Sep 19 with 1896 viewsNW10Hoop

It will be interesting to see how QPR respond if at all. I have noticed we haven’t taken the knee for a while. I wouldn’t want this to embolden those that thought that it should never have happened in the first place

Our club has absolutely nothing to prove. They have constantly walked the walk.
I am proud of what our club stands for, I’m proud and grateful to have Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey at our club. They’re part of the club’s DNA and even when they do eventually move on their presence will be felt. If they have decided not to do it then fair play. Sky trying to call us out seems pretty F-ing dumb to me
SKY on 13:09 - Sep 19 with 1857 viewsQPR_John

SKY on 11:54 - Sep 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don’t know, you’ll have to speak to Mark Robins.

There's me thinking you might know the answer
SKY on 13:25 - Sep 19 with 1807 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SKY on 12:56 - Sep 19 by NW10Hoop

It will be interesting to see how QPR respond if at all. I have noticed we haven’t taken the knee for a while. I wouldn’t want this to embolden those that thought that it should never have happened in the first place

Our club has absolutely nothing to prove. They have constantly walked the walk.
I am proud of what our club stands for, I’m proud and grateful to have Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey at our club. They’re part of the club’s DNA and even when they do eventually move on their presence will be felt. If they have decided not to do it then fair play. Sky trying to call us out seems pretty F-ing dumb to me

Good post. Very well put.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SKY on 14:50 - Sep 19 with 1678 viewsNW5Hoop

Several points that interrelate …
1/ Football has a terrible problem with trying to show it is caring. Because it's not. It's a vast, rapacious, unpleasant, greedy industry. So it overcompensates with countless minutes of silence or applause, with plastering commemorative badges on shirts and so on. The knee-taking, I tend to think, is an extension of that. Same as the meaningless commemoration of Nelson Mandela: great man, minimal contribution to lower division football.
2/ I accept QPR do more than most around diversity. Whereas Sky has no BAME executives, so far as I can tell, very few BAME presenters (as opposed to pundits). And SkySports employs actual racist John Terry as an occasional pundit, and Sky News gives airtime to racist tosspots like Brendan O'Neill. So, you know, who's really the bad guy here?
3/ But for QPR to go into a televised game having decided not to take a knee, but with no explanation, is stupidly bad PR. They should have either taken the knee, or had a principled explanation. Not some garbled post match stuff.
4/ The worst thing is that this has given ammunition to all the actual racists, who are all over Twitter congratulating QPR for standing up to the evil militias of wokedom.

QPR have ended up coming out badly from this - and it was a legitimate story. And it's their own fault.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 14:55]
SKY on 14:54 - Sep 19 with 1658 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

SKY on 14:50 - Sep 19 by NW5Hoop

1/ Football has a terrible problem with trying to show it is caring. Because it's not. It's a vast, rapacious, unpleasant, greedy industry. So it overcompensates with countless minutes of silence or applause, with plastering commemorative badges on shirts and so on. The knee-taking, I tend to think, is an extension of that. Same as the meaningless commemoration of Nelson Mandela: great man, minimal contribution to lower division football.
2/ I accept QPR do more than most around diversity. Whereas Sky has no BAME executives, so far as I can tell, very few BAME presenters (as opposed to pundits). And SkySports employs actual racist John Terry as an occasional pundit, and Sky News gives airtime to racist tosspots like Brendan O'Neill. So, you know, who's really the bad guy here?
3/ But for QPR to go into a televised game having decided not to take a knee, but with no explanation, is stupidly bad PR. They should have either taken the knee, or had a principled explanation. Not some garbled post match stuff.
4/ The worst thing is that this has given ammunition to all the actual racists, who are all over Twitter congratulating QPR for standing up to the evil militias of wokedom.

QPR have ended up coming out badly from this - and it was a legitimate story. And it's their own fault.

I wish I could articulate my thoughts like this. Great rational and thoughtful post.
SKY on 15:00 - Sep 19 with 1628 viewsNorthernr

Good post.
SKY on 15:01 - Sep 19 with 1624 viewsrsonist

If we're making the point I hope we intended to make then I kind of think it makes more sense to let Sky et al give themselves enough rope then respond. But maybe that's wishful 5D chess and MW's mealy mouthed gibberish about requiring "guidance from the authorities" is all we're going to get.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024