Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stars 22:30 - Nov 29 with 1492 viewsqprxtc

When you get the chance to look at the night sky, free from light pollution and clouds, and look at them. Do you realise your place in this cosmic travelogue.

The sheer impossibility of of our brains, certainly mine and possibly Einstein’s, to take on all the possibilities and inevitabilities of our existence come into focus. What you are looking at is a lost photo of the past and it will outlive you and all your anxieties.

The stars light our way and also shadow our past, the questions of meaningful life or non meaningful life are up there. To be discerned and dissected in our individual ways. Meaningless while trying to me look for answers that we will never find.

If we beat Bristol Rovers none of it will matter and Bill Gates can control all my synapses. Just give me a turquoise shell suit from a Coventry City reserve goalkeeper.
Stars on 22:40 - Nov 29 with 1459 viewsWrightUp5hit___

We are stardust
Billion year old carbon
We are golden
Stars on 22:41 - Nov 29 with 1457 viewsDannyPaddox

Travelogue you say? Black hit of space perhaps.

ps: I pre-propose a week ban for anyone who posts Simply Red

pps: "Get James Burke on the case" Now there's someone I completely forget about.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 22:48]
Stars on 00:41 - Nov 30 with 1376 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stars on 02:24 - Nov 30 with 1349 viewstimcocking

The Thais are so genuinely petrified of ghosts, they're all scared of the dark. Everywhere is always lit up like Blackpool illuminations over here. Haven't seen a star since Adel left.
Stars on 07:27 - Nov 30 with 1274 viewsShotKneesHoop

Stars on 22:40 - Nov 29 by WrightUp5hit___

We are stardust
Billion year old carbon
We are golden

And we've got to get ourselves back to Covent Garden ..

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tFP1zcsNM1KzilPMjJg9FLOTSwpyUgtL1Yozi8
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 7:28]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Stars on 07:31 - Nov 30 with 1270 viewsHantsR

It's useful to know about the stars, or heavenly bodies as we called them at school. I can tell you it's a great seduction tactic to know the stars and talk about the wonders of the universe and the significance of our lives in the wider firmament on a clear night, on the beach or once even on a long haul flight, it's like talking dirty.

Oh btw, we're playing Bristol City this week anyway. That'll bring us back to earth.
Stars on 08:05 - Nov 30 with 1237 viewsstowmarketrange

I got the observer book of astronomy for a leaving present from primary school in 1971,and it mentioned the solar eclipse in August 1999.That seemed like a lifetime away in 1971.
And now it seems like another lifetime since it happened.

I am lucky up here that our village doesn’t have any street lights,so I can see millions of stars on most nights when I get home from work.
Stars on 08:42 - Nov 30 with 1205 viewsTheChef

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Stars on 08:50 - Nov 30 with 1192 viewshantssi

Few beers, sit in the garden Ona clear night, it’s mind boggling!
Stars on 09:11 - Nov 30 with 1171 viewsloftus77

Stars on 07:31 - Nov 30 by HantsR

It's useful to know about the stars, or heavenly bodies as we called them at school. I can tell you it's a great seduction tactic to know the stars and talk about the wonders of the universe and the significance of our lives in the wider firmament on a clear night, on the beach or once even on a long haul flight, it's like talking dirty.

Oh btw, we're playing Bristol City this week anyway. That'll bring us back to earth.

Absolutely - I've no doubt a wondrous cosmological void will be created by ourselves from the first Brizzle corner on 3mins...
Stars on 09:44 - Nov 30 with 1136 viewsTheChef

Stars on 09:11 - Nov 30 by loftus77

Absolutely - I've no doubt a wondrous cosmological void will be created by ourselves from the first Brizzle corner on 3mins...

Chaos theory innit.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Stars on 10:49 - Nov 30 with 1103 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

First time I think I ever saw the stars properly was in Karl's Orkney.
Stars on 18:08 - Nov 30 with 1036 viewsR_from_afar

My most recent holiday was in Dumfries and Galloway in Scotland and for part of it, we were in New Galloway, right next to a dark sky park. The weather was not great but on the last night, we thought to hell with it, let's try it anyway. We parked up and gazed into the heavens. Man alive, that night sky was out of this world!

I am sure we could see the Milky Way but we had trouble seeing Orion, although we can normally see that pretty clearly at home in Berkshire. The reason for that is that there were just so many other stars. It was incredible, there were so many, almost down to the horizon. That was all with the naked eye.

If you are ever near a dark sky park, give it a go.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Stars on 21:56 - Nov 30 with 953 viewswombat

Stars on 18:08 - Nov 30 by R_from_afar

My most recent holiday was in Dumfries and Galloway in Scotland and for part of it, we were in New Galloway, right next to a dark sky park. The weather was not great but on the last night, we thought to hell with it, let's try it anyway. We parked up and gazed into the heavens. Man alive, that night sky was out of this world!

I am sure we could see the Milky Way but we had trouble seeing Orion, although we can normally see that pretty clearly at home in Berkshire. The reason for that is that there were just so many other stars. It was incredible, there were so many, almost down to the horizon. That was all with the naked eye.

If you are ever near a dark sky park, give it a go.

Been lucky enough to have been to the Maldives a few times , amazing site no matter how many times you look up it blows you away , was lucky enough on my last visit to see Kerry Dixon’s penalty fly over the room one night as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Stars on 22:31 - Nov 30 with 925 viewsstowmarketrange

Stars on 21:56 - Nov 30 by wombat

Been lucky enough to have been to the Maldives a few times , amazing site no matter how many times you look up it blows you away , was lucky enough on my last visit to see Kerry Dixon’s penalty fly over the room one night as well

The bottom of the Grand Canyon is very similar in that there is no light pollution,but you can only see what’s directly above and not to the horizon.
What’s the best time of year to go to the Maldives?And any recommendations on where to stay?
Stars on 00:25 - Dec 1 with 878 viewsFredManRave

Yet another erudite post by the XTC one.

It's on my bucket list to either go to the Atacama deseret in Chile or to La Palma in the Canary Islands as they are, allegedly, two of the best places in the world to view the night sky, and all it has to offer, from.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Stars on 02:18 - Dec 1 with 856 viewsBoston

Stars on 22:31 - Nov 30 by stowmarketrange

The bottom of the Grand Canyon is very similar in that there is no light pollution,but you can only see what’s directly above and not to the horizon.
What’s the best time of year to go to the Maldives?And any recommendations on where to stay?

The things you can see in an American Sky at Night!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024