Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last Chrismas 16:50 - Dec 24 with 8670 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm not generally the sort to post my own wows, only really when provoked to do so when someone digs me out about none attendance, not that many have had a chance of that this year.

There has been plenty of misery around this past year, not feeling sorry for myself but for those that have lost loved ones.

Anyway
Got diagnosed with cancer a couple of weeks ago.

The hardest part is my 2 girls, both adult now at 33 and 27 who lost their mum 5/6 years past from the same. It is, without a doubt, my breaking point and tears my soul.

No one really wants to give up on life, even if it becomes unbearable. it had been hard combined with being paralysed waist down the past 10 years, life it's self is a wonderful thing and I will not be going gently into that good night but it is now a closer reality. A year at most but likely somewhat less.

Do not go gentle into that good night
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

I'm not religious but at my mums funeral, she had chosen this hymn that touched me deeply. when you are reminded how wonderful this world is made by God or not.

I'll try to be a right royal pain in the arse for a while yet and look forward to your downvotes with a smile you SoB'S

Merry Christmas

[Post edited 24 Dec 2020 16:53]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Last Chrismas on 22:33 - Dec 24 with 1972 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Last Chrismas on 22:16 - Dec 24 by ted_hendrix

Keep going 2T2B just keep going and this time next year you can come on here and tell us all about it.

Easy for us to talk but your not on your own, I'm hoping you get all the luck going.

Ted.

This !! keep your chin up Jim and like everybody enjoy each day to the max and when you feel up to it write down stuff for your daughters to open on birthdays and other dates it will help them tremendously and you too .
Thinking of you tonight and our Christmas wish is seeing that face from Hill Street Blues (sig picture )at this time next year.
Merry Christmas to everybody .
Last Chrismas on 23:59 - Dec 24 with 1889 viewsMiss_Terraces

I've not always agreed with you but you're a character and that's one of the many things I've missed, from not going to watch the Rangers.
You mentioned your youngest daughter, is there anything we can do? Even if it's just to show she has a family here that will welcome her with open arms.
My prayers and thoughts go with you brother

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Last Chrismas on 00:14 - Dec 25 with 1864 viewsGaryT

I'm sure I speak for many when I say that the first thing I do when I sit down at the computer is refresh this forum. Whatever else is going on in our lives, the connection we have to this football club is one of the strongest bonds we will ever have. Colleagues, friends and loved ones all come and go but this strangest of bonds is always there. The urge to yell out “You RRRRS!” when you see someone wearing the shirt at some far flung corner of the planet reminds us that in some weird way, we are a family. My dad supports this club so it was natural that I did the same and this evening I heard that his op at Guys hospital went well and he's recovering from having a tumor removed. I log in tonight and read your post and you can imagine the mixed emotions I'm feeling. Like most of the posters on this site, I've never met you but I've got to know you through your writings. We are your extended family and your post tonight reminds us all how important that is. Keep posting, keep up the positive attitude and make the most of every day. Good luck to you 2T2B and enjoy this Christmas with your family.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2020 8:18]
Last Chrismas on 00:15 - Dec 25 with 1862 viewsessextaxiboy

So sorry to hear your news , I hope you get to.to spend many days with your girls and see our team win a few games . Hope to read your post for s long time yet ..
ETB
Last Chrismas on 00:42 - Dec 25 with 1837 viewsphilc

So sorry to hear your news. Cancer’s a real bastard. There’s nothing else I can say, except that if prayer and positive thoughts can give you strength then hopefully that can give you some comfort to carry on.
Last Chrismas on 00:48 - Dec 25 with 1830 viewstimcocking

Merry Christmas to all LFW folk and particularly best wishes for you my friend xxx
Last Chrismas on 06:46 - Dec 25 with 1771 viewsnix

I'm very sorry to hear your news. Pancreatic cancer is indeed a bastard but you have always had a lot of fight in you, so that stands you in good stead.

Hopefully you'll get a chance to spend a lot of time with your girls over the next few months and years and get even closer to them.

As previous posters said, keep posting, we're like a big dysfunctional family here.
Last Chrismas on 09:27 - Dec 25 with 1661 viewswood_hoop

I can only wish you the very best , the posts so far reflect many of the words I would also like to convey to you,

LFW is a family that has many shoulders to lean on when you feel the need, please keep posting whenever you can.

I
Login to get fewer ads

Last Chrismas on 10:15 - Dec 25 with 1617 viewsterryb

I can only echo what everyone else has posted. I had tears in my eyes imagining the conversation with your daughters.

Stay strong if you wish & weep when you need.
Last Chrismas on 10:26 - Dec 25 with 1598 viewsHayesender

I can't really add anything that's already been said. Just stay strong mate.

Thoughts with you and your daughters. Enjoy your Christmas as best you can

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Last Chrismas on 10:29 - Dec 25 with 1595 viewsfrancisbowles

I wish you and your family all the very best for today and everyday.

May this bloody team that brings us all together bring you some small joy before too long.
Last Chrismas on 10:41 - Dec 25 with 1579 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So sorry to hear this, 2T2B.

As others have said - keep fighting. A very good friend of mine was given a few weeks to live over five years ago and the cancer has not developed since leaving him as healthy as he's ever been. Much love, my man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Last Chrismas on 12:18 - Dec 25 with 1504 viewsPinnerPaul

All the best mate
Last Chrismas on 14:40 - Dec 25 with 1431 viewsNed_Kennedys

My thoughts and prayers are with you: this is ‘only’ a football forum and most of us have never met each other in the flesh but I remember being in a low place when Gary Speed passed on and there was a thread on Qprdot where everyone really opened up and shared their lives and feelings and the support shown on there genuinely helped me get through a really bad time.
God bless you mate.
Last Chrismas on 16:49 - Dec 25 with 1375 viewsdistortR

Goodluck mate - long may I be grumbling about your posts.
Last Chrismas on 17:00 - Dec 25 with 1361 viewshook_hoops

So sorry to hear this news 2T2B, but with your determination I hope you'll keep winding me up with your posts for a very long time to come. Stay strong mate.
Last Chrismas on 17:19 - Dec 25 with 1338 viewsStainesR

Hello 2t2b I don't really post anything on here but read it avidly, sitting here after my Christmas dinner reading your post with a tear in my eye .
I have 2 kids,a boy and a girl aged 22 and 19 and the thought of leaving them early tears me up.
You are one of my favourite posters but I never seem to agree with you but for that I can only thank you.
Stay strong.
Last Chrismas on 18:54 - Dec 25 with 1274 viewsjohncharles

Sorry to this 2T2B but if anyone can tough it out it’s you. Always interesting, always controversial and always entertaining. Don’t always agree with you but sometimes I’ve backed you up on here just for the hell of it 😄. Keeping on trucking mate. (When I say mate I mean it)

Strong and stable my arse.

Last Chrismas on 19:16 - Dec 25 with 1254 viewsMetallica_Hoop

All the best from me too.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Last Chrismas on 21:24 - Dec 25 with 1195 viewsCiderwithRsie

Last Chrismas on 17:58 - Dec 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I feel a bit shit about the timing of this post but when is a good time, spent the last few days with my girls and maybe needed to spill it.

It's Pancreatic cancer, if you know anything about that then I do not have to say much more.

I have no self-pity just a great fear for my youngest who has many problems.

I'll leave this now and maybe come back to it in a few weeks but thank you all for your kind words.

Now is the time. Because now is not too late.

Really sorry to hear this, I've not always agreed with you but so what?

Grab all the time you can with your girls, important for both sides. We're all on your side.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2020 21:27]
Last Chrismas on 21:45 - Dec 25 with 1169 views2Thomas2Bowles

Thanks for all the kind words.

As for those that have not agreed with some of my views

Jack Sprat could eat no fat.
His wife could eat no lean.
But, together both,
They licked the platter clean.

Digesting, this meal of a club together. is what we do here.

I've had a good Christmas day.

I hope you all have too.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Last Chrismas on 21:54 - Dec 25 with 1152 viewsStanisgod

Glad you had a good day, stay strong mate.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Last Chrismas on 22:29 - Dec 25 with 1123 viewsqpr_1968

Last Chrismas on 21:45 - Dec 25 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Thanks for all the kind words.

As for those that have not agreed with some of my views

Jack Sprat could eat no fat.
His wife could eat no lean.
But, together both,
They licked the platter clean.

Digesting, this meal of a club together. is what we do here.

I've had a good Christmas day.

I hope you all have too.

thats what its all about t.

take one day at a time and enjoy it the best you can.
i know there will be times on your own when you sit and reminisce....be strong for the family, especially the daughters.

hopefully this day next year we will be talking about the qpr's ups and downs.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Last Chrismas on 00:11 - Dec 26 with 1065 viewsMrSheen

Keep going 2T2B. All the best to you and your family this Christmas.
Last Chrismas on 00:58 - Dec 26 with 1037 viewsFredManRave

Just sending my best wishes to you 2T2B.

Stay as strong and as positive as possible under such difficult circumstances.

Good Luck.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024