Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES 11:59 - Dec 28 with 6827 viewsnumptydumpty

This man has been like a cancer for our club

He has presided over a period in our history when we have gone from an exciting top of the table championship club - well run - well financed - well balanced - into a club overstaffed in administrative area and if it wasn't for the development of one man who was always going to develop ie Ebere Eze then we really would have already been in a much worse position than we are currently

The initial fanfare of Fernandes I like nearly everyone else was bought in by the hype - we were promised a new stadium, exciting player development, a club players would want to come to and a club on a course to developing our fan base with a new stadium and all round facilities used with an outfit that at all levels could be incredibly professional.

What we actually have is staff in jobs that we not sure what they all do ie Les, Ramsey, Eustace, Hoos, Warburton etc

The only area in my mind we have done well is in the development of our community position ie the likes of Sinton, Forever R's etc but obviously if that is not met with the finances and playing staff not being up to much - its an irrelevance

Throughout this time the trigger happy Fernandes has made mistake after mistake and ten years later we are still not learning

Yes we can blame Les, Warburton (or any manager we have had) we can blame FFP but whose fault was that - we can blame Beard but ultimately the buck stops at the top - the man with the purse strings.

Terrible decisions were made over player recruitment and wages given - destroyed the club and ultimately the decision by Fernandes to hide in the background for me - is another ploy of the man to have the blame taken on by others ie people such as Les are questioned , every new manager, assistant, coaching staff, financial gurus etc.

We forget the hullabaloo Fernandes with his excited schoolboy tweets influenced our club to be dragged from a respected club with a culture of skillful football with moments of brilliance but ultimately also a family club where generation after generation of families followed our club and enjoyed the buzz of matchday.

Ultimately yes we are in a strange scenario with this COVID restrictions but the club has ultimately spontaneously combusted this season.

Not sure if lot of our players need a crowd but ultimately we always have to adapt - we are a professional organisation

But yes its true in London we are a bit of a joke club. Sad for me to say over a club that my first game was in 1980 and some fabulous teams over a long period.

Ultimately yes you can look back with rose tinted glasses but this season I sadly have never seen a team that has less ability, less desire and less belief than this team today.

Yes we are QPR and as we all know - we can be awful and then win away at the top club.

Who we playing next - Norwich top team away - yes I know we will probably win - seen it many times

But this season its been just we seem not to have players that really arent performing - I just fear nearly all are playing to the best of their abilities.

If you asked me last season I would have said brilliant exciting and going the rght way but we have truly gone backwards big time

To me the ultimate decision not to buy and give Nakhi Wells a contract said a lot about our club

Yes he proably would have been on a higher wage than most but the man that can score the goals is the most important player.

We found this out when we got zero goals from this section of our team

Am sure players such as Manning and BOS put off but this lack of foresight

But if you try to save too much money it becomes counter productive ie if you not give the goalscorer a contract that gives you the chance to score the goals so we can compete at the top end of the table and thus attract hungry players wanting to succeed being interested in our club.
flak
Fernandes was the reason we got hit with FFP not Hughes or Redknapp who we all consistently lament - No its all about Fernandes

The decision by this man to go low level visibility actually means lot of flak going else where

So if I had a choice get rid Eustace, Les, Ramsey, Warburton, Dykes, Bonne , Barbet or Wallace - No the number one person I want to leave this club is TONY FERNANDES

You have to put things politely Mr Fernandes made a little but of a balls up with our club

Give us our club back and in order to maintain your own legacy I suggest with all your far and wide business contacts search for the correct person to lead our club much more sensibly and progressively in the future and come out of hiding and admit you have made an almighty cock up in your overall control of a once great little club with a great and connected fanbase.

All I want for Christmas is not you - TONY FERNANDES !!!!!

Please give us back our club and we will all start again from scratch. But realise you are the main cancer from within that we no longer need.

Happy new Year

Cmon you supa hoopsa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 12:03 - Dec 28 with 4050 viewshantssi

We know EXACTLY what Ramsey and Hoos do, a VERY good job actually.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 12:43 - Dec 28 with 3934 viewsT_Block

Total rubbish.Please stop and think about it.OK Fernandes has made mistakes-he would admit that but have some respect for the money and time he has put in.Queens Park Rangers are teetering on the edge of bankruptcy-we have no choices left.All the choices have gone.What ever we do know will be worse.
The only thing we can do is support the boys, because that is what they are very young boys.
I am almost thankful the crowd is not there to bate them.We need to support the manager, support Les.Maybe just maybe get a few loans.One or two players may suddenly change things as the team clearly is a team which is almost but not quite.

If you are not supporting you are not helping.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 12:52 - Dec 28 with 3903 viewsNortholt_Rs

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 12:43 - Dec 28 by T_Block

Total rubbish.Please stop and think about it.OK Fernandes has made mistakes-he would admit that but have some respect for the money and time he has put in.Queens Park Rangers are teetering on the edge of bankruptcy-we have no choices left.All the choices have gone.What ever we do know will be worse.
The only thing we can do is support the boys, because that is what they are very young boys.
I am almost thankful the crowd is not there to bate them.We need to support the manager, support Les.Maybe just maybe get a few loans.One or two players may suddenly change things as the team clearly is a team which is almost but not quite.

We are ‘teetering on the edge of bankruptcy’ DUE to Bungle & co. Remember he took over when we had just been promoted to the Prem: everything thereafter is 100% down to the owners. We shouldn’t be grateful for their largesse - we should all be seething over their incompetence. The fact he is now totally anonymous tells you everything about the man.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 12:58 - Dec 28 with 3884 viewsStoicHoop

I also think this is total rubbish, for no other reason than the pandemic has so changed the (already tottering) economics of Championship football that if Fernandes were to pull the plug financially we would go the way of Bury.

We are all totally hacked off with the dire football, inane post match comments and persistent mistakes that it is understandable we want change, any change, but demanding the eviction of our financial benefactors at this time - no matter how many mistakes they have made - is not viable.

Aren't they pumping in £1m a month of their own money to keep us afloat? If that's true, I'm grateful to them
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 13:17 - Dec 28 with 3814 viewsdanehoop

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 12:58 - Dec 28 by StoicHoop

I also think this is total rubbish, for no other reason than the pandemic has so changed the (already tottering) economics of Championship football that if Fernandes were to pull the plug financially we would go the way of Bury.

We are all totally hacked off with the dire football, inane post match comments and persistent mistakes that it is understandable we want change, any change, but demanding the eviction of our financial benefactors at this time - no matter how many mistakes they have made - is not viable.

Aren't they pumping in £1m a month of their own money to keep us afloat? If that's true, I'm grateful to them

This totally.

So much revisionist history going on here that it's frankly embarrassing.

Never knowingly understood

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 13:20 - Dec 28 with 3808 viewsNorthernr

Required for this to happen - somebody willing to buy a Championship club during a global pandemic that was already costing the thick end of £1m a month to run even before fans were locked out. Must fulfil remainder of an existing £17m FFP fine over the next eight years, and another £20m to an already commenced training ground development. Plays in ancient old stadium that serves as a financial millstone around the club and the team - could yeild some property gains, if you can move the club out, which people have been trying and failing to do for 25 years. League has rules to prevent you financially doping it up to the Premier league.

Whether Fernandes is doing a good or terrible job isn't the question, it's who on earth you'd get to buy it.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 13:23 - Dec 28 with 3793 viewssilverbirch

“To me the ultimate decision not to buy and give Nakhi Wells a contract said a lot about our club“
Yes, it said we don’t have much money
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 13:24 - Dec 28 with 3791 viewsJuzzie

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 13:20 - Dec 28 by Northernr

Required for this to happen - somebody willing to buy a Championship club during a global pandemic that was already costing the thick end of £1m a month to run even before fans were locked out. Must fulfil remainder of an existing £17m FFP fine over the next eight years, and another £20m to an already commenced training ground development. Plays in ancient old stadium that serves as a financial millstone around the club and the team - could yeild some property gains, if you can move the club out, which people have been trying and failing to do for 25 years. League has rules to prevent you financially doping it up to the Premier league.

Whether Fernandes is doing a good or terrible job isn't the question, it's who on earth you'd get to buy it.

Something a lot of don’t seem to grasp.

Same as with players...... “sell so and so” is something we hear all the time.

OK, so I ask those people, who is going to buy that player you deem to be so poor that we should sell them?
Login to get fewer ads

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 13:33 - Dec 28 with 3744 viewshantssi

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 13:20 - Dec 28 by Northernr

Sorry Clive, common sense and realism doesn’t apply here - please see Realism thread.
Apart from that every word is true.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 13:55 - Dec 28 with 3650 viewspaulparker

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 13:33 - Dec 28 by hantssi

Sorry Clive, common sense and realism doesn’t apply here - please see Realism thread.
Apart from that every word is true.

Yes we must accept being sh1t forever let’s just hope and pray there are 3 worse teams than QPR each year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 14:04 - Dec 28 with 3639 viewsTGRRRSSS

We need someone with the wealth of Abramovich - who's also got the abilities of Benham I can't see them coming anytime soon.

I still maintain though the FFP fine we got was based on the wealth of our owners, including the MIttals as much as anything, because nobody else, not anybody got a fine like that which would have sent anyone of them straight into admin and freefall, even a points deduction with relegation was or would have been in many ways less of a punishment.

The fact they changed the rules, and allow others to completely disregard them are proof to me that they wanted to punish us for something else, and somehow we still are being punished.

All that being said Fernandes truly is UNcle Bungle, at best and most kind.

Still I await further news on our new training ground.

Meanwhile at Leicester.........
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 14:18 - Dec 28 with 3587 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 12:43 - Dec 28 by T_Block

Fernandes is part of a consortium therefore is spending other people's money. Once Mittal reduced his shareholding Tony moved to austerity and put Amit in charge.

In any event, most rational fans were against the kind of ludicrous spending on wages that Fernandes presided over. Investment in infrastructure would have stood us in much better stead.

The fact is, Fernandes et al took over a solvent PL club and transformed it into a basket case currently staring League 1 in the face. The irony is that it's now so bad that no one in their right mind will touch QPR with a bargepole so the thread is pointless; we're stuck with Uncle Tone whether we like it or not.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 14:19 - Dec 28 with 3581 viewsTGRRRSSS

Or unil they put it in admin, which isnt entirely impossible, I doubt it, but not impossible.

He's done it before.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 14:40 - Dec 28 with 3522 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Fernandes is no longer the Chairman. No longer the major shareholder. Needs to spend almost all his time on Air Asia etc. Is he really a factor other than to rubber stamp Amit's decisions and pay his share financing our near £10M a year deficit?

Fernandes took over with a team which in no way was prepared for the Premier League. Ecclestone and Briatore had succeeded with pure luck (Taarabt, a dream start, Crashgate stopping Briatore interfering) in their vanity project to prove they could get a team into the Premier League without wasting masses of money. Getting in and staying in the Prem were two entirely different kettles of fish. We were never going to make a go of the Prem. There was no infrastructure to the club. No effective youth scheme. Bringing in mercenaries on masses of money was the only way we could try to cling on to a place. What good standard Premiership player in his right mind would have come to us otherwise? We had no way of buying or developing the players needed in the short term.

I am just grateful that Fernandes and partners accepted responsibility for the huge debts. Paid for them and continue to do so. Many would have walked away.

Even in these difficult times it's a lot better than the direst Paladini days when I really did fear for QPR.

At least with the present board they seem to have a credible long term plan.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 14:58]
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 14:42 - Dec 28 with 3511 viewsMatch82

Stopped reading after the part where it said when he acquired us we were well run. Must have mentally blocked the previous owner.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 14:57 - Dec 28 with 3431 viewsbakerloo8

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 14:42 - Dec 28 by Match82

Stopped reading after the part where it said when he acquired us we were well run. Must have mentally blocked the previous owner.

The previous owner who took us from the brink of League 1 to the Premier league in 4 seasons?

Braitore and Ecclestone are horrible individuals who caused massive upset in the fanbase, but they were winners, something our current owners would do well to inherit.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 15:25 - Dec 28 with 3369 viewsHayesender

I'm absolutley astounded there are still supporters willing to back Fernándes. He should have been run out of Shepherd's Bush years ago

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 15:27 - Dec 28 with 3364 viewshantssi

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 14:57 - Dec 28 by bakerloo8

The previous owner who took us from the brink of League 1 to the Premier league in 4 seasons?

Braitore and Ecclestone are horrible individuals who caused massive upset in the fanbase, but they were winners, something our current owners would do well to inherit.

Seriously?
You must tell me where to buy those rose tinted specs from!
We were protesting and singing “we want our Rangers” back at matches!
We should learn from history not air brush it out!
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 15:34 - Dec 28 with 3348 viewsMyke

Ultimately I think you can only have one... ultimately... otherwise it's not.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 15:50 - Dec 28 with 3288 viewsBoston

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 15:27 - Dec 28 by hantssi

Seriously?

Aw, it was their comic book looks and way of running a football club that had us mystified! I shook hands with Briatore up in the SAR one evening and thought he was a bit sweaty, which is really my only lasting memory of the bloke.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 15:53 - Dec 28 with 3279 viewsrsonist

Username checks out.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 16:19 - Dec 28 with 3230 viewsNov77

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 15:27 - Dec 28 by hantssi

Seriously?

you've got 'your' rangers back now, happy?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 16:30 - Dec 28 with 3204 viewshantssi

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 16:19 - Dec 28 by Nov77

you've got 'your' rangers back now, happy?

That’s been my point all along, be careful what you wish for!
They were awful owners who along with Paladini divided the fan base and nearly destroyed the club.
The current owners may not be perfect but it’s better than that.
The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 16:36 - Dec 28 with 3182 viewsNov77

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 16:30 - Dec 28 by hantssi

They were awful owners who along with Paladini divided the fan base and nearly destroyed the club.

rubbish!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 16:47 - Dec 28 with 3138 viewspaulparker

The Person I most want out of our club is ... TONY FERNANDES on 16:30 - Dec 28 by hantssi

Err no it isn’t

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024